Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Edward Norton's version of Elon is not dumb enough. They were kind to him.

I watched Glass Onion last night and loving hell is it a good demonstration of how stupid Elon is.

Wasn't really a fan of the final act of vandalism, especially given Cassandra's actual nature, but everything else in the film? :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Powershift posted:

looks like he was flying to austin there, and was then uninvited from something

"Did I leave the servers on?"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/ThatMetGirl/status/1606333533215145987?t=T0ICkRwmcuvRqbi0jLN0bw&s=19

Lol Tesla versus nature.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Arc Hammer posted:

Lol Tesla versus nature.

https://twitter.com/RjeyTech/status/1606378751872360450

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Is there an overpriced Tesla brand heating device I could use to access my car during winter months??

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

These people have never heard about isopropyl 70-99% hand spray

just spray that sucker down and the ice will melt and the alcohol will evaporate

not the stuff with aloe vera in it, just get some isopropyl above 70% and leave it in your car and spray down poo poo. or leave it in the shed/garage/by the door when you leave the house

edit: disclaimer:
"Yep. Even when diluted, say goodbye to any protective wax on your painted surfaces with this method."

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 25, 2022

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

lol only needed to preheat the car and update the app to open the car door.

The future is freaking stupid.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

Is there an overpriced Tesla brand heating device I could use to access my car during winter months??

https://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/heat-guns-knives-seamers/heat-guns/1500-watt-11-amp-dual-temperature-heat-gun-56434.html

You'll probably gently caress the car up but that's because Tesla's build quality and materials are trash more than the heat gun

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

jeffreyw posted:

lol only needed to preheat the car and update the app to open the car door.

The future is freaking stupid.

"Not meant to dig at Elon, sir, I love your car and it's my fault I couldn't work around your design flaw"

Every. Single. Time.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

MrQwerty posted:

https://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/heat-guns-knives-seamers/heat-guns/1500-watt-11-amp-dual-temperature-heat-gun-56434.html

You'll probably gently caress the car up but that's because Tesla's build quality and materials are trash more than the heat gun

Sorry, I'm really looking for one with the Tesla loga and costs 10X as much

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Steadiman posted:

Can I have some pizza? Also pet your dog??

Patience, and you will need to beat the squawk of children to the serving platter

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

Sorry, I'm really looking for one with the Tesla loga and costs 10X as much

gimme a second, I'm sure I can scrounge up a hot staple gun somewhere

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

kazil posted:

Boring company flamethrower :flame: Elon you've done it again!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Boring company flamethrower :flame: Elon you've done it again!

Your Tesla car not catching on fire? Well with boring's new flamethrower, you can fix that situation in a Flash(fire)!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I wouldn't poo poo talk Elon if i was a Tesla owner, you know he'd direct them to disable your car or set it on fire or something.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

kazil posted:

Or you could just do what Range Rover does and build motors for the door handles that will provide enough force to break through ice in cold climates. That would costs too much money for Tesla.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Hamelekim posted:

Or you could just do what Range Rover does and build motors for the door handles that will provide enough force to break through ice in cold climates. That would costs too much money for Tesla.

Tesla would probably do well to source parts from parts bins that they will never, ever be allowed access to after all this poo poo about 10 years ago

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I wonder if teslas have a dead man's switch installed, something like if the car can't phone home to the tesla servers at least once every 30 days the car assumes it's stolen and goes into lockdown

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Instead of having all that semen power being wasted away in the balls, wouldn't you get more power by eating your cum and letting your super semen flow throughout your body? Or better yet, eating the jizz essence of other males to gain their power?

It's like no one thinks rationally when it comes to not jacking it.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Edwardly posted:

I don't know who to believe anymore.

Edit:

Okay yeah it's back, just got broken because of the amazing engineering decisions by their chief engineer

I was pretty appalled by the removal and I'm glad to see it's back.

I bet it was ‘yellow lines’ to Musk, so he told them to drop it, then everything after has been lies to cover for his stupidity.

He’s tweeting “false” after they checked it, after they reported on it, after Ella Irwin confirmed it, and after he rushed some poor engineer to restore it on xmas eve. Just pretending none of those things ever happened… he’s loving trump with a sharpie drawing lines on the hurricane map to prove he didn’t mispeak.

Reuters posted:

After publication of the story, Twitter head of trust and safety Ella Irwin confirmed the removal and called it temporary.

Twitter was "fixing relevance, optimizing the size of the message prompts and correcting outdated prompts," Irwin said in an email to Reuters. "We know they are useful and our intent was not to have them down permanently."

About 15 hours after the initial report, Musk, who did not initially respond to requests for comment, tweeted "False, it is still there." In response to criticism by Twitter users, he also tweeted "Twitter doesn't prevent suicide."

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

teslas actually have a body defrost feature that warms them up and would clear that off

doesn't help much if it's so cold that it's too dead to unfreeze the charging port w/ it tho, and it's just mostly just heat cycling the battery (actual effectively placed heat elements that could keep essential surfaces above freezing would mean $100 more in wages and materials per car or whateve & cut into profit) so it'd need a fair bit of charge to be able to run

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sentient Data posted:

I wonder if teslas have a dead man's switch installed, something like if the car can't phone home to the tesla servers at least once every 30 days the car assumes it's stolen and goes into lockdown

At this rate we'll probably find out some time around February or March.

DRINK ME posted:

I bet it was ‘yellow lines’ to Musk, so he told them to drop it, then everything after has been lies to cover for his stupidity.

He’s tweeting “false” after they checked it, after they reported on it, after Ella Irwin confirmed it, and after he rushed some poor engineer to restore it on xmas eve. Just pretending none of those things ever happened… he’s loving trump with a sharpie drawing lines on the hurricane map to prove he didn’t mispeak.

Lol, "We had to take it down to fix it" is utterly unbelievable to anyone. It's not a sign in a shop window you take down to rewrite, Elon. It's a piece of software you push an update to. I bet he also had someone fiddle the font slightly so it "looks" updated and therefore he didn't lie through his teeth.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
My buddy bought a model 3 about a year and a half ago and will not shut up about how much he hates it. Says it spends months at a time in the shop and has to fight to get things that are obvious warranty failures covered. Some thing with the brakes and another with the keyless entry.

He also said that eventually they do end up covering warranty repairs but they string you along for as long as humanly possible in an effort to get you to gently caress off and the certified shops involved have no say in what is and is not covered.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 25, 2022

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Waiting for whoever buys out Tesla to deep-dive into all the flaws, shut down all the lines and say “we are NOT continuing to build them as is, what the unholy christing gently caress :stonklol:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Frank Frank posted:

My buddy bought a model 3 about a year and a half ago and will not shut up about how much he hates it. Says it spends months at a time in the shop and has to fight to get things that are obvious warranty failures covered. Some thing with the brakes and another with the keyless entry.

MrQwerty posted:

Tesla would probably do well to source parts from parts bins that they will never, ever be allowed access to after all this poo poo about 10 years ago

except they decided they had to reinvent everything from the locks to the brakes and now you can't source parts for their piece of poo poo cars

it's like driving a MGB if it took 2-3 years to source every part that breaks (and about 6-12 parts break when you drive it)

I don't know a single happy Tesla owner

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I watched Glass Onion last night and loving hell is it a good demonstration of how stupid Elon is.

Wasn't really a fan of the final act of vandalism, especially given Cassandra's actual nature, but everything else in the film? :discourse:

It makes more sense if you think about his ralk on disruption

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
Teslas are utter poo poo. Why on earth anybody would buy one over an audi etron is beyond me.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Bad Purchase posted:

Same skin tone.

Interesting.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Preoptopus posted:

Teslas are utter poo poo. Why on earth anybody would buy one over an audi etron is beyond me.

etron, eqb, lyriq, polestar...

the only reason would be the super charger network, everything else they've been surpassed on

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tunicate posted:

It makes more sense if you think about his ralk on disruption

Ahh, true. :hmmyes:

Icon Of Sin posted:

Waiting for whoever buys out Tesla to deep-dive into all the flaws, shut down all the lines and say “we are NOT continuing to build them as is, what the unholy christing gently caress :stonklol:

I'd imagine there'd be some sort of lawsuit against Elon shortly afterwards with them screaming "You didn't disclose any of this!", with a long list of fudged stats, failed safety tests, and general grossly incompetent practices.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Preoptopus posted:

All kinds of cars, even multi-million dollar sports cars, use cheap parts from parts bins because they're available and nobody gives a gently caress about the engineering on your heating control cluster or door lock cylinder, plus guess what? There's literally a billion of them.
Tesla is all "engineered" from the ground up, and it's loving stupid because it ignores an entire century of engineering and manufacturing experience across multiple industries to chase the idea that re-engineering settled concepts is not a waste of time.
Very glad people are starting to wake up to Tesla's horseshit.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Other car companies test their poo poo under harsh conditions.

Elon just does whatever is the cheapest to manufacture because gently caress the consumer we are already lying to them.

I dont expect these things to age well lol

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

MrQwerty posted:

All kinds of cars, even multi-million dollar sports cars, use cheap parts from parts bins because they're available and nobody gives a gently caress about the engineering on your heating control cluster or door lock cylinder, plus guess what? There's literally a billion of them.
Tesla is all "engineered" from the ground up, and it's loving stupid because it ignores an entire century of engineering and manufacturing experience across multiple industries to chase the idea that re-engineering settled concepts is not a waste of time.

Had a guy come in my shop and he tore the splash guard under his model s and it was flapping in the wind as he drove. He was asking us if we could just remove it and I said no cause I don't know what would happen if he drove through snow and water with out it. He was told by tesla he can't get another one till april. I told him to go trade it in for a car that actually has a parts network.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

MrQwerty posted:

My son’s best friend’s family owns a Model Y. They just left on a road trip from Denver to Pittsburgh to visit family and the mom was like “hopefully the heat pump doesn’t break again. Last year we spent the whole road trip through the Midwest covered in blankets in the car because the heat pump is apparently experimental it went out in Kansas and you can’t get the things fixed for months.”

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

spunkshui posted:

Other car companies test their poo poo under harsh conditions.

Elon just does whatever is the cheapest to manufacture because gently caress the consumer we are already lying to them.

I dont expect these things to age well lol

Just want to say when Elon did his Sweden tests or Norway test I don't remember exactly which with the Tesla's they were testing mainly the traction control and not the other features of the car. Which I surmised means they rolled these cars out of a warehouse that was heated went on an icy lake spun around a bit and then went back into the warehouse without ever letting them sit overnight to see what happened.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Preoptopus posted:

Had a guy come in my shop and he tore the splash guard under his model s and it was flapping in the wind as he drove. He was asking us if we could just remove it and I said no cause I don't know what would happen if he drove through snow and water with out it. He was told by tesla he can't get another one till april. I told him to go trade it in for a car that actually has a parts network.

Prediction: Tesla is going to go under and the Federal Government is going to force (willing to bet because it's USA incarnate) Ford to take it over, and the first Teslas they make are going to be parts bin cars with Tesla motors and batteries and they will have higher quality ratings after being slapped together in 6 months than current model Teslas.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I've owned several cars that the door handles froze shut in total poo poo conditions, it's not really something unique to tesla. Gas cover too! In ice storms or extreme winter conditions poo poo can get pretty hosed up. Made sure to keep a deicer spray around if the conditions were dodgy.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

I've owned several cars that the door handles froze shut in total poo poo conditions, it's not really something unique to tesla. Gas cover too! In ice storms or extreme winter conditions poo poo can get pretty hosed up. Made sure to keep a deicer spray around if the conditions were dodgy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NeTaCWFd-I

My '99 Ranger's door handles can seize in weather. This is different. The entire door handle is a component with computers and motors and unlimited points of failure.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah the door handle design on teslas are loving dumb, along with having frameless doors. I think if the battery is dead dead then the doors have issues because it can’t put the windows down a little?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Just want to say when Elon did his Sweden tests or Norway test I don't remember exactly which with the Tesla's they were testing mainly the traction control and not the other features of the car. Which I surmised means they rolled these cars out of a warehouse that was heated went on an icy lake spun around a bit and then went back into the warehouse without ever letting them sit overnight to see what happened.

I live in the colorado high rockies and I can't for the life of me see how people have them up here. Especially since they regularly close the highways for hours at a time due to winter conditions and if your stuck in that poo poo with a low charge.... good luck. And also every single recover company is gonna laugh at you and charge the maximum to get your poo poo off the mountain.