Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

Yeah the door handle design on teslas are loving dumb, along with having frameless doors. I think if the battery is dead dead then the doors have issues because it can’t put the windows down a little?

literally everything about a Tesla is if you get engineers with 1-3 years of experience together, tell them to design a car while not referencing other cars, and then put the garbage they poo poo out to market for $60-80k

edit: also none of the engineers have any line experience and they also think they're saving humanity by designing door handles with computers and motors that seize without warning and require a cellphone with service to operate

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That’s just normal for everyone dumb enough to travel the Colorado mountains during storms.

I lived there for 4 years but don’t ski so I got to pass on the lifestyle of waking up at 3am to go spend 18 hours in traffic when I70 gets closed

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Tiny Timbs posted:

That’s just normal for everyone dumb enough to travel the Colorado mountains during storms.

I lived there for 4 years but don’t ski so I got to pass on the lifestyle of waking up at 3am to go spend 18 hours in traffic when I70 gets closed

I will never drive in Colorado in the winter, even when I have a car that can do it.

I have turned down some job offers because of the simple fact I do not want to deal with Colorado in the winter, especially if I'm going to be driving a manual '99 Ranger in Denver.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Jeremy4_liberty/status/1606804058945519618?t=z4aU8yQady_pxG2_jIh4Tw&s=19

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

MrQwerty posted:

I will never drive in Colorado in the winter, even when I have a car that can do it.

I have turned down some job offers because of the simple fact I do not want to deal with Colorado in the winter, especially if I'm going to be driving a manual '99 Ranger in Denver.

Denver poo poo melts by noon. High rockies just be aware of storms and have snow tires a full tank of gas and its not too bad.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MrQwerty posted:

All kinds of cars, even multi-million dollar sports cars, use cheap parts from parts bins because they're available and nobody gives a gently caress about the engineering on your heating control cluster or door lock cylinder, plus guess what? There's literally a billion of them.
Tesla is all "engineered" from the ground up, and it's loving stupid because it ignores an entire century of engineering and manufacturing experience across multiple industries to chase the idea that re-engineering settled concepts is not a waste of time.
Very glad people are starting to wake up to Tesla's horseshit.

Yup. It becomes really obvious when you have something like the nissan GTR where the floor mats cost 3-4x to replace what they do in an Altima or Sentra.

“Only what the market will bear”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

It’s not too bad in Denver. The snow rarely sticks to the streets past noon because the air is so dry. You just have to not travel *during* the storm.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 25, 2022

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Tiny Timbs posted:

It’s not too bad in Denver. The snow rarely sticks around past noon because the atmosphere is so dry.

I'm from Albuquerque, I know all about high rockies and 30-40 degree temp changes over the course of 12 hours. Denver's roads are also trash and make no sense, and that truck hates it some ice driving.

It's wild driving from NM into CO and seeing the roads actually get worse, because the roads in NM are trash.

I made the drive from ABQ to Pagosa starting at 1AM in April and it was just astounding how bad the roads were in CO once we got off the Apache res compared to NM, and it's because of snow and ice but drat.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Preoptopus posted:

Teslas are utter poo poo. Why on earth anybody would buy one over an audi etron is beyond me.

Its because they go fast

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm gonna drive my car

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1606832541448957953

expenses under control!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I've got a 12 year old Mazda and I can't see any compelling reason to replace it with anything

EVs in general would have to get a ton cheaper before I'd consider it. Gas would need to hit about $20/gal before I'd save enough money to offset the price premium

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Just want to say when Elon did his Sweden tests or Norway test I don't remember exactly which with the Tesla's they were testing mainly the traction control and not the other features of the car. Which I surmised means they rolled these cars out of a warehouse that was heated went on an icy lake spun around a bit and then went back into the warehouse without ever letting them sit overnight to see what happened.

oh did he actually do that? I always thought Musky skipped that because "lol all of tech industry is in California, no snow/cold here. Also I'm moving out of commiefornia to Texas, no snow here."

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Twitter on the hyperloop to bankruptcy

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Azhais posted:

I've got a 12 year old Mazda and I can't see any compelling reason to replace it with anything

EVs in general would have to get a ton cheaper before I'd consider it. Gas would need to hit about $20/gal before I'd save enough money to offset the price premium

I’ve got a 15 year old Mazda , and it always starts, but the auto cruise control, traffic assist and other safety stuff is a big deal when you are in 1.5 hour traffic to and from work.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Hamelekim posted:

I’ve got a 15 year old Mazda , and it always starts, but the auto cruise control, traffic assist and other safety stuff is a big deal when you are in 1.5 hour traffic to and from work.

technically a '99 6cyl Ford Ranger is also a '99 Mazda B3000

I have a Mazda that has no features except a stick shift and an engine and it is the best car I've owned since my '84 Toyota Pickup

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

"We're not in the fast lane to bankruptcy" doesn't mean you're not off the path altogether Elon. And your investors know this.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

"Twitter is no longer in the fast lane to bankruptcy. It is waiting for a bus as the car it was driving to bankruptcy has burst into flames"

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

presumably "expenses getting under control" is contingent on their plan to shut down one of their three US datacenters and downsize one of the other two, which hasn't happened yet

lets see if the site actually stays up after they pull the plug on half their US capacity lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

MrQwerty posted:

technically a '99 6cyl Ford Ranger is also a '99 Mazda B3000

I have a Mazda that has no features except a stick shift and an engine and it is the best car I've owned since my '84 Toyota Pickup

Same, but I got pretty sick of commuting in it, and the engine's not long for this world, my lovely little EV has been a fantastic commuter, and is my favorite car ever.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Elviscat posted:

Same, but I got pretty sick of commuting in it, and the engine's not long for this world, my lovely little EV has been a fantastic commuter, and is my favorite car ever.

Lol I bought it 3 years ago with 120k on the gauge

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

NoSlacking posted:

What is the purpose of a truck nutsack? Do you store de-icer in the balls?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

MrQwerty posted:

Lol I bought it 3 years ago with 120k on the gauge

Lol!!

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

It's on the highspeed rail to bankruptcy

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It’s not in the fast lane anymore, it’s on a private jet! :haw:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Had to replace the transmission and brakes but it's been a great truck

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hamelekim posted:

Even before I went permanently work from home I had an 8 minute commute. It took longer for my car to warm up in winter than to get there

First world problems

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
It's still musk trying to leverage his cult of personality

"It's Gunna be fine just trust me I'm working on it"

rear end hole, sell it and move onto making more iPod submarinea

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

LOL

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If true this is loving hilarious

An API call to get the data for a tweet would potentially have a list of millions of views, each with data on the user who viewed it, making what was once a tiny lightweight request-response payload of a few KB into probably several dozen megabytes on average or maybe LOTS more

This will break a lot of goddamn poo poo lmao

It's late on christmas eve and I have better things to do but I'm tempted to whip up an API client and confirm this tomorrow

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

OP says it was fixed already

https://twitter.com/vrunt/status/1606337791905783809

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Crowdsourcing hotfixes for poo poo you hosed up

That'll keep costs down

Very cool Elon, good job

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Interesting

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Azhais posted:

Mazda Compella :dadjoke:

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Since Tesla motor company is along for the ride, they are in the carpool lane to bankruptcy

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Since Tesla motor company is along for the ride, they are in the carpool lane to bankruptcy

Get SpaceX and Starlink involved and we got ourselves a convoy!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Get SpaceX and Starlink involved and we got ourselves a convoy!

It’ll be a meteoric rise and fall! :dadjoke:

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

The thought of musk going around at night unplugging a variety of appliances and then tweeting expenses are under control cracks me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I've turned off the microwave and twitter didn't crash liebruls