Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I see the Switch versions of Atari’s “Recharged” games are on sale; how’s the performance on those compared to PS5/Series X?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Any Metroid fans play Gato Roboto? Is it worth two dollars?

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Yes

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Kart Barfunkel posted:

it's pretty good, the sections where you're out of your suit are a fair challenge but they never drag on

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
is fire emblem engage a full new game or is it some weird full priced gacha game? only reason i ask is it seems to have every protagonist from past games a la a mobile gacha thing but it's also full priced, sooo

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

It’s a new game. Just think of it as a big milestone celebration or whatever. $60 and paid DLC but I don’t think lootboxes or anything like that.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Soul Glo posted:

is fire emblem engage a full new game or is it some weird full priced gacha game? only reason i ask is it seems to have every protagonist from past games a la a mobile gacha thing but it's also full priced, sooo

The previous Fire Emblem protags are basically just rpg summons. I think people got spooked because Fire Emblem Heroes exists and it looked like there was going to be a ring gacha but the only rng is for generic equipment?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Kart Barfunkel posted:

yeah. it's not like remarkable or anything but it is cute and very competent

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
cool, cool, thx

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Looper posted:

yeah. it's not like remarkable or anything but it is cute and very competent

It is completely remarkable and I mighta had a better time with it than any actual Metroid game, get it!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Is it possible to love FFT and hate tactics ogre?

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
I think I softlocked Sports Story a few hours in, during tennis school. After finding all the clues, playing the computer game and doing the following tennis lesson, I had an objective to go detention get completed before I actually had a chance to go to detention. The current objective is to go to sleep, but it won't let me do that either.

It seems like a decent enough followup to the first game but it just doesn't feel like it was ready for release--that wasn't the first bug or even the first softlock I ran into (FYI don't pick up the can of tennis balls at the first tennis court), though I was able to work around the earlier ones.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Is it possible to love FFT and hate tactics ogre?

no sorry if this happens it breaks the univers

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Psycho Society posted:

no sorry if this happens it breaks the univers

Sorry, my bad for all the trouble lately then.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is there something that scratches the Diablo itch and isn't Diablo? I just want mindless hack and slash while numbers get bigger without giving blizzard money

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Len posted:

Is there something that scratches the Diablo itch and isn't Diablo? I just want mindless hack and slash while numbers get bigger without giving blizzard money

Minecraft dungeons isn't bad. Not exactly an indie game though lmao

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Len posted:

For Switch? Minecraft Dungeons or possibly Titan Quest, though I dunno how well it runs on Switch.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Children of Morta kind of scratched a Diablo itch for a little while for me. It's a roguelite though.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

External Organs posted:

Children of Morta kind of scratched a Diablo itch for a little while for me. It's a roguelite though.

I was going to say this. There’s no numbers but the action is really Diablo/Gauntlet like.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

Games that "scratches the Diablo itch and isn't Diablo" is one of my favorite genres. Here are a few I know on switch. Titan Quest and Torchlight are the most pure Diablo clones, the other ones have elements from other genres included. Warriors Orochi is a dynasty warriors game, not technically diablo because of the perspective but I'd put them in the same ballpark of genre.

Titan Quest
https://www.dekudeals.com/items/titan-quest

Torchlight 2
https://www.dekudeals.com/items/torchlight-2

Moonlighter
https://www.dekudeals.com/items/moonlighter

Stardew Valley
https://www.dekudeals.com/items/stardew-valley

Streets of Rogue
https://www.dekudeals.com/items/streets-of-rogue

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate
https://www.dekudeals.com/items/warriors-orochi-4-ultimate

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
More like TOO MANY Sports Story.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Len posted:

I remember LOVING Torchlight 2 on PC when it first came out in...2012?! [crumples into dust] Someone else will need to share how the Switch version runs, though, as I haven't played it on any consoles.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Merry Christmas, switch thread! Spend the day playing video games with your family :)

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Merry Christmas, switch thread! Spend the day playing video games with your family :)

Hell yeah. Family threw down in some of the new Mario Kart 8 courses. Chaos ensued.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Ragequit posted:

Hell yeah. Family threw down in some of the new Mario Kart 8 courses. Chaos ensued.

Same. I'm still the reigning champion but I foresee a day when my son takes the throne.

He makes me play Cuphead with him, now that's when I feel old and useless.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Dang father in law hogging the TV with YouTube documentaries :sassargh:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

External Organs posted:

My brother in Christ this is the Switch thread.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

My wife got an eShop gift card as a gift and has been scrolling through the Great Deals section, a game called “Tools Up!” caught her eye. It’s only $2 and it looks like a good way to spend an hour or so, but I’m trying to talk her into Part Time UFO instead. Merry Christmas to the Switch goons that celebrate!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time for some co-op

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

Thankfully nintendo thought to include a little TV right there inside the thing!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

B33rChiller posted:

Thankfully nintendo thought to include a little TV right there inside the thing!

No scanlines, no sale!!!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

External Organs posted:

I know you meant documentaries located ON YouTube, but my first thought was documentaries ABOUT YouTube, ha.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
merry switchmas

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Triangle Strategy and a second dock. A good xmas haul.

Apparently Splatoon is full of xmas day newbies so I'm gonna join in on the slaughter.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Merry Christmas from playing Harvestella!

I hope your holidays are awesome, wherever or whenever you celebrate them. We did gifts early this year, due to family going each and every way. (I am loving Harvestella. Thanks, my best sibling!)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My family isn't doing gifts this year so imma buy myself something.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

American McGay posted:

I bought my wife obra dinner (gonna leave this autocorrect), I've never played it either and I heard it was fun to coop together :-(

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

External Organs posted:

I bought my wife obra dinner (gonna leave this autocorrect), I've never played it either and I heard it was fun to coop together :-(

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Somehow I've had a Switch for over a year but haven't played Tetris 99 until today. I've really been missing out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I gave my nephew (age 18) Pokemon Violet. I slipped him the download code over Discord last night so he could download it before the servers inevitably curled up and died today.

He has been absolutely enthralled. :D