Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I’ve introduced my family to the magic of a good old retro Snowball complete with glacé cherry. Truly the ultimate Xmas booze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Someone summarise what king sausage fingers says. There's only two things I want to hear from that gout-riddled nonce defender:

1) I am fully funding every food bank in the country out of my vast generational wealth,

2) leave my daughter-in-law alone Piers you oval office.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

This chrismas, give the gift of [redacted].

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm so loving glad that I don't do Christmas anymore. Zero presents, zero toxic family interactions and zero stress.

I don't know how some you stay sane.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Since it's Christmas, time for the answers to the earlier quiz

Only Kindness posted:

Numbers without context

Chancellors

Prime Ministers
  • Boris "let the bodies hit the floor" Johnson (remember him?)
  • Lin "let the markets hit the floor" Trust (remember her?)
  • Richie "let the last shreds of tory credibility hit the floor" Rich

Monarchs
  • Her (remember her?)
  • Him

Major international football tournament win (Euro 2022)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MattSunRoyal/status/1606987365196697604

#NormalIsland

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
is that lanky lad walking beside the one everyone forgets about playing with himself

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
at least wave back ya fuckin weirdos lol

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Happily i'm having another solitary xmas.

Nice food and i opened up a bottle of rioja that has been sitting on a shelf for nearly 3 years (it's good). :comfyoot:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/sueperkins/status/1606921408386600960?t=ursM5WOym8qn6gHAq19W8g&s=19

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Merry Christmas all!

smellmycheese posted:

I’ve introduced my family to the magic of a good old retro Snowball complete with glacé cherry. Truly the ultimate Xmas booze

What's the recipe? My go to Christmas drink for the last few years is https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/egg_nog_64580 which goes down so well.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Brother got our dog a new bed and a new toy, a walrus.
He placed the Walrus on the bed for the dog to find.
Dog loves bed, but picked up toy and winged it away, then brought his old toy onto it.
Dog and old toy now watching mum make dinner.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Lacking ideas I went with a substitution theme, quite by accident.
  • Turkey steak instead of beef steak
  • Chorizo sausage instead of generic pork
  • Hash browns instead of roast, herby or gratin potatoes
  • Sprouts + peas (with bacon) instead of just one type of veg
Zhuzh all that up with salt+vinegar on the hash browns and a mustard-mayo mix on the turkey
  • Sticky toffee pudding + double cream instead of tiramisu for afters

It were fuckin' great

Now it's lashings of dark rum and coke with loads of ice in front of [movie I won't name because one of you reprobates won't be able to avoid spoiling it] on the ole Panny Plasma

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

fuctifino posted:

I'm so loving glad that I don't do Christmas anymore. Zero presents, zero toxic family interactions and zero stress.

I have nice family, which helps! There are some that are a bit odd but we don’t bother seeing them.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fuctifino posted:

I'm lucky to get on with my folks and my sister and her husband. And we're not all in the same place that often so it's nice. It helps that the gathering is no bigger than that.

The worst thing I have to put up with is my dad's shite taste in television. He is the rare Ancient Aliens watcher

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Only Kindness posted:

Now it's lashings of dark rum and coke with loads of ice in front of [movie I won't name because one of you reprobates won't be able to avoid spoiling it] on the ole Panny Plasma

You've left us no choice now but to spoil every movie .

Rocky dies at the end of Rocky 2 to save the Enterprise, but gets resurrected in Rocky 3

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Oh crap, I've not thought this plan through.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

How early is too early to hit the sauce. My family is already driving me insane

However soon you need to in order to lay somebody out by the evening.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Failed Imagineer posted:

You've left us no choice now but to spoil every movie .

The 53rd ending in Return of the King is the entirety of Home Alone 2

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

General Grievous is Darth Vader's father.

And both of Rey's parents.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Merry Xmas all! Not sure I like this trend of sharing family Christmas photos that’s caught on among my WeChat group, nobody needs to see how much weight I put on this year (it is A Lot), but Mrs Beefeater has shared anyway, possibly as part of a “stop being a lard-arse” campaign. Family were here and there were no fights, it was great.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'm just slaving away making food for 10 when it's just me.

Gonna be eating like a Sunak though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The organist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkTgYiMDRHY

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Must be Christmas

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
Merry Christmas you lovely goons! I genuinely like all of you more than the average person on the street

Just remembered https://betamaxmas.com/, going to give that a watch later

Overdid it on https://www.nigella.com/recipes/poinsettia yesterday, very tender today

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TACD posted:

This isn't related to anything at all but I thought the thread might enjoy this morsel from a pathetic man:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...but-not-bonkers

Sometimes when I'm not inspired enough to read the entire article I settle for the graun url summary: alex-horne-secret-to-cult-show-taskmaster-offbeat-but-not-wacky-off-kilter-but-not-bonkers

wonder who or what does these

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Finally feels like I'm through the worst of this flu/sinus infection thing I've had all week (sadly my partner is about two days behind me so she still feels awful). My brother and sister in law were kind enough to do enough food for us as well so I've been over to pick that up and ate my half. I now feel like I'm going to pass out from the food. This is something I haven't felt for quite a while so I guess I'm happy?

Merry Christmas goons. gently caress the tories and all that

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I got the crackling fuckin' perfect and everything has been chill and had really nice time with the missus and kids and I had a few mimosas and a fair bit of the ol' medical weede and things are really nice right now

But seriously that cracklin' goddamn cronch

much love to you comrades

cracklin'

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Every day I'm

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Sad Panda posted:

Merry Christmas all!

What's the recipe? My go to Christmas drink for the last few years is https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/egg_nog_64580 which goes down so well.

Sorry. Been busy cooking. It’s a tall glass of ice , dollop of Advocaat, top up with lemonade and a squeeze of fresh lime. Garnish with lime and a glacé cherry

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Someone summarise what king sausage fingers says. There's only two things I want to hear from that gout-riddled nonce defender:

1) I am fully funding every food bank in the country out of my vast generational wealth,

2) leave my daughter-in-law alone Piers you oval office.

Well it's from yesterday but according to The Sun (gently caress them I'm linking Daily Beast instead) Andrew has been kicked out of the palace https://www.thedailybeast.com/king-charles-completely-boots-prince-andrew-from-palace-report-says

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

gently caress off Jess. Rishi Sunak serving people food is the bare minimum we should expect of our politicians. Let all of em do their Tory poo poo and I’ll yell as hard as anyone but can you imagine BoJo or Jacob Rees-Mogg lowering themselves to serve food? As of Dec 2022, the bar is so low that pretending to be a decent person is actually an improvement on the expected behaviour.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I'm almost certain Boris will have done the same photo op serving food at a soup kitchen or whatever. In my head the photo looks alot like that meme with the big fast food lad and the dropped mayonnaise.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think Johnson did it too, but I could never imagine Theresa May doing it. Maybe Cameron, he's likewise a PR freak. Truss would unironically say the apocryphal "let them eat cake" line.

Hope you're having a good christmas, all, mine's good so far and now I'm sipping Scottish mead like a posh oval office.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'm almost certain Boris will have done the same photo op serving food at a soup kitchen or whatever. In my head the photo looks alot like that meme with the big fast food lad and the dropped mayonnaise.

I couldn’t find anything on a simple search for BoJo soup kitchen. Google did show up an article called “Where’s Boris?: anger among volunteers at food bank on PM’s patch.” tho.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

All cooing and awwing like a loving zoo.
Next nonce parade at 4.15pm

Mebh
May 10, 2010

happyhippy posted:

All cooing and awwing like a loving zoo.
Next nonce parade at 4.15pm

"Look look, its our betters!"

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
can someone add me on discord server please :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

poo poo like that almost makes me feel a little bit of sympathy for the royals because who the gently caress would want to be paraded around in front of a bunch of nosy oval office royal watchers like that, but then I remember that they do it to themselves and also they’re all even bigger cunts than the gormless twats who think it’s worth camping out to see them could ever aspire to be.