Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I hope that game wins game of the year lmao. I spring for the DLC, it was only a buck fiddy and the hand is a good time waster.

Wife is unimpressed I spent $700 for a toy that can play a game you could run off a potato of a phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Grand Fromage posted:

I'm surviving vampires. This is going to be nice to have on a plane.

How is that possible when there are no Vampires to survive from in Vampire Survivors? :thunk:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The vampires are in the other castle

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

sigher posted:

How is that possible when there are no Vampires to survive from in Vampire Survivors? :thunk:

There are bats, bats are vampires

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grand Fromage posted:

There are bats, bats are vampires

Common mistake, they're actually bugs

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

They are indeed, bugs, even the trailer on Steam says 0 Vampires, you can't argue with that.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The vampires are in the other castle

*coffin

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Common mistake, they're actually bugs

Bats aren't bugs!!!

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

tater_salad posted:

Bats aren't bugs!!!

who's surviving these vampires, you chowderheads or me?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Basic Chunnel posted:

I just want MIDNIGHT SUNS to work, you gd cretins

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
A lot of times I’ll get kind of bored of a game, but not certain that there’s anything I would rather play, so I’ll flip to the library to check.

When I see the perfect game to play instead, but there’s already a game running in the background, it takes way too many clicks to solve that.

Why isn’t “close old game, open new one” an option on the pop up?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

njsykora posted:

30fps seems to be what you should expect from videos I’ve seen, maybe 40 if you lower settings.

I’ve only played ER on the Deck so far, but with literally everything at “high” in the settings (as per autodetection) I get 40fps pretty solidly, and mostly high 30s if I take the TDP down a few watts.

The game plays great, IMO, though I’m still in the first major zone. (It’s my first Fromsoft/Soulslike game and…there is a learning curve.)

eddiewalker posted:

Why isn’t “close old game, open new one” an option on the pop up?

FWIW, I generally just hit B a couple of times to get back into the game, kill it with Steam+B long press, and then pop back into the library. It’s not exactly one-click, but I’m launching the new game within 5 seconds of deciding to switch, so I’m happy enough.

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 25, 2022

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Steam Button/Exit Game is pretty quick.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Still can't figure out how to keep the time/battery overlay visible when playing games without having to fat finger the steam key to see it.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

I just installed the latest stable release and now my deck won't go to sleep. It keeps flicking back on after a minute.

Anyone else dealing with this poo poo?

Edit: i think it's because there was an active download

Spaghett fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Dec 25, 2022

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Anybody try out Soulstone Survivors? Looks like a good Vampire Survivors clone and figured I'd ask around

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Unlucky7 posted:

I got Potionomics from the Steam Holiday Train (special thx to BabyRyoga). Putting aside the actual game, which seems pretty cool so far, I was disappointed in that the game basically has no controller support and you need to use the trackpad. Not that it doesn't work on Deck, but I was hoping for something a little more as it looked like a great Deck game.

good game! when this happens, email the devs and politely ask if they plan on improving deck/controller support. just recently two games have added or improved deck/gamepad support because of my correspondence. in one case they simply weren't familiar with steam's robust controller settings features: they'd already added deck support but the official controller profile needed work. in both cases they were very happy to take my suggestions.

and if you return a game bc of bad gamepad/deck support, note the reason in the return dialog box, because... why not? couldn't hurt.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Exploring Hades while sniffing plastic, happy holidays goons.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tibbeh posted:

Anybody try out Soulstone Survivors? Looks like a good Vampire Survivors clone and figured I'd ask around

It’s discussed frequently in the VS thread which kinda became the genre thread and yeah opinion is pretty positive on it.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

njsykora posted:

That’s still 9000 entries in your non-Steam tab, which is gonna get real annoying real quick. I’d use SRM to just add Emulation Station as a non-Steam game and use that to launch your games instead. Using its scraper tool to get boxart will also probably be easier.

I’ve done this with the different emulators. I just got them individually from the discover store, so one for dolphin, one for duckstation etc.

The one problem is that I’ve modified the control scheme for some of the games. For example a bunch of the ps1 rpgs have run as a button you hold so I added it as an outer ring command so I don’t have to hold it. But since they’re all launched from a single app in steam I can’t easily have separate control schemes for the games that could use it.

I still don’t want to have a bunch of emulator games populate my list so I just added different control layers instead, but I wish there was a nicer way to swap the control scheme.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I like to put my deck under the bedsheet about 4 minutes before I tuck in so my bed is toasty and I get that computer parts smell

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Does anyone else get static-y audio when they wake a game from sleep? It happens sometimes and persists until I reboot the game.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

leftist heap posted:

Does anyone else get static-y audio when they wake a game from sleep? It happens sometimes and persists until I reboot the game.

Yes.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
I've gotten static and at least in Dead Cells' case I've gotten like a 10-second delay between input and audio that stays until I restart. Switching Proton versions has helped but I'd love not having to do that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I just started Hades, thinking "ok, how can this game be deserving of THAT much praise? How?"

And around 1-2 hours later, holy poo poo. And I realize I'm just scratching the surface. Could've sworn Hypnos was voiced by Rob Paulsen, but no, it's Greg Kasavin doing a fantastic Rob Paulsen impression. Dusa's a kick.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

on the goon deck wiki, if i want to add one "how to get this to launch" tip, do i just create a page for the game or is there a quick list of some kind for stuff like that?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tibbeh posted:

Yeah it's fun. It could probably stand to be a bit more difficult since its' really easy to put together builds that very comfortably go the distance. On the flipside, it's really easy to put together builds where 80% of the screen is full of various explosions and bolts and enemies are flying everywhere, so that's a lot of fun.

Runs pretty well on the Deck. Some minor chugging when 80% of the screen is full of explosions and physics ragdolls, but never to an unplayable degree (AT LEAST NOT SO FAR!) and I had a lot of fun with it on the Deck.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Got one of these for Christmas and I'm in love already.

Also you guys were not loving kidding about the fan sniffing thing wow.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stop sniffing the fan!!!!!

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

mods!?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

might as well sniff it again

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Subjunctive posted:

might as well sniff it again

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
if god didn't want me to sniff the fan he wouldn't have put it in the perfect spot to sniff

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

sorry, too busy sniffing fan

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No the opposite, sniff it while you can because the lovely aroma goes away after a while.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
Merry Sniffmas all

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I gotta be honest, after reading the op and a buncha wiki pages and copy pasted posts I'm very hyped to customize.my steam deck!!!!!!!! I get to pretend it's 2013 again and brag to everyone about using Arch and am ready to brick this thing and then spend 6 hours fixing my broken Linux install and I'm almost more excited to do this than play games!!!!!

Also, vampire survivor runs very good and cool and mortaccio is my friend :skeltal:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Elden Ring for £27.99... but I just installed Dark Souls 1 & 2. do I really need a new game?

anyway i was trying to make a recovery sd card using balena etcher or whatever it's called, and it gives me an error message every time I try to select the image file from steam? I've tried re-downloading it and it fails every time. it's not because I'm using an sd card instead of a usb stick, because it happens before I even pick the target device. any suggestions other than doing it on a pc?

edit: the original dark soulses one and two, of course.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I just started Hades, thinking "ok, how can this game be deserving of THAT much praise? How?"

And around 1-2 hours later, holy poo poo. And I realize I'm just scratching the surface. Could've sworn Hypnos was voiced by Rob Paulsen, but no, it's Greg Kasavin doing a fantastic Rob Paulsen impression. Dusa's a kick.

I don't like Rouge likes at all and I fully completed Hades, it's a dynamite game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

No the opposite, sniff it while you can because the lovely aroma goes away after a while.

might as well just buy it again