Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Piell posted:

AITA for walking out of Family Dinner because of bad service?
I tried to order a beer but the girl shook her head no and walked by me.

Hmmm... Drunk dumbass acted like a drunk dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Mr. Medieval Times needed to clarify a few things!

quote:

Editing to add eating a burger with hands is way different than eating a greasy roast chicken with hands.

And im not a "karen." I'm a man and a member of the USMC so I carry myself with a little more dignity than to eat greasy chicken with my hands.

Also adding my family had already made it not a family event when my dad refused to allow me to invite my girlfriend along.

So men, and especially marines, can't be Karens, and this guy is too dignified to get grease on his hands but not too dignified to clang his dinnerware at the horses and throw a fit at being denied alcohol.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
It is odd that they denied him beer tho. Was it just because by that time everyone in the building knew he was a huge tool and was like gently caress this guy? Or do you think it was something like the waiter indicating they were busy and would take his order in a minute and he took it as a denial?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Look, maybe he wore his USMC dress uniform to Medieval Times and didn't want to get chicken grease on his white gloves.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

artsy fartsy posted:

It is odd that they denied him beer tho. Was it just because by that time everyone in the building knew he was a huge tool and was like gently caress this guy? Or do you think it was something like the waiter indicating they were busy and would take his order in a minute and he took it as a denial?

He was either already drunk or they cut him off for being an rear end in a top hat.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

artsy fartsy posted:

Absolutely a mix of "gently caress this guy" and "we're not getting him any more drunk."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Edmund Sparkler posted:

He was either already drunk or they cut him off for being an rear end in a top hat.

Its this or both at the same time.

Medieval Times is in the business of selling you booze. You gotta be a real poo poo to get denied, like a cathar

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Marines using being a Marine to justify their poo poo behavior will never not be exhausting

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
LoL at the idea that Marines are too good to eat chicken drumsticks with their hands.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Marines using being a Marine to justify their poo poo behavior will never not be exhausting

It's funnier when US military folks try it up here. I'm Canadian, but I worked in an airport for a while. According to friends in Niagara Falls you'd see them there all the time too.

I consider the American military to be a net negative; I am not thanking you for your service no matter how many flags you wear. And no, there is no military discount for a foreign nation's military.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The US armed forces deserve more recognition for providing a living wage and health insurance to thousands of maladjusted young white men who would never fit in anywhere else.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

deety posted:

So men, and especially marines, can't be Karens, and this guy is too dignified to get grease on his hands but not too dignified to clang his dinnerware at the horses and throw a fit at being denied alcohol.

Probably cranky because they wouldn't give him crayons

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

deety posted:

quote:

And im not a "karen." I'm a man and a member of the USMC so I carry myself with a little more dignity than to eat greasy chicken with my hands.

Also adding my family had already made it not a family event when my dad refused to allow me to invite my girlfriend along.
He's been in since breakfast or he wouldn't say dumb poo poo like this.

Bets on how long he's known the girlfriend? I say three weeks, the tickets were bought before that, and they're already engaged.

Captain Hygiene posted:

See? Marines can eat with their fingers.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

deety posted:

A former Army Ranger friend of mine joked that marine stands for Muscles Are Required, Intelligence Not Essential.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Piell posted:

They served the food with no silverware. I asked the server for a fork and he said they don't have forks. That it's some gimmick about mideival times and eating with your hands. I asked if he could please find me a fork and he said they actually don't allow them because in the past people have thrown silverware at performers.

This dude sucks but they absolutely do have silverware, its just plastic. I went to one when I was recovering from my wounds with a group of other wounded soldiers and I didn't know this was a thing. I was missing teeth so eating chicken off the bone was hard. The server did try to give his usual thing of "We have no silverware and everyone eats with thier hands! Its the gimmick ofnthis place" but did get me a plastic fork and knife when I explained my situation. All in all I didn't have a good time and was probably rude to him but I was still in my rear end in a top hat phase from my wounds and shouldn't have gone.

This dude has no excuse and sucks.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

NGDBSS posted:

A former Army Ranger friend of mine joked that marine stands for Muscles Are Required, Intelligence Not Essential.

We used to tell them it stood for "My rear end Rides In Navy Equipment".

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Piell posted:

So I didn't eat because I don't enjoy eating with my hands.
I got up and walked out and went to a bar next door and got a beer and a burger and waited for my family to be done.

Do you think he ate the burger with a fork and knife?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

ascii genitals posted:

Do you think he ate the burger with a fork and knife?

Ground it up into a liquid in a blender, then butt chugged it

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Captain Hygiene posted:

“They said crayons didn’t exist in the dark ages, so I just got sticks, mud & horse poop :mad: 0/10”

Also black cats own, there’s a reason they’re always on cool Halloween decor

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Mideival Dickhead posted:

I said "I'm leaving. See you when you're done with this" and left. The tables were like long benches so I had to hop over the table to get out because I had people sitting on each side of me. My sister said that everyone stared but I didn't notice and don't think they did because it was so dark.

Oh man.

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
At some point it's the family's fault for bringing this guy along, you know? There's no way they don't know what a fuckin weird creep loser the guy is.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Maybe they need a better iq test for marine corps.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

limp_cheese posted:

This dude sucks but they absolutely do have silverware, its just plastic. I went to one when I was recovering from my wounds with a group of other wounded soldiers and I didn't know this was a thing. I was missing teeth so eating chicken off the bone was hard. The server did try to give his usual thing of "We have no silverware and everyone eats with thier hands! Its the gimmick ofnthis place" but did get me a plastic fork and knife when I explained my situation. All in all I didn't have a good time and was probably rude to him but I was still in my rear end in a top hat phase from my wounds and shouldn't have gone.

This dude has no excuse and sucks.
Why did you join the army if you didn't want to get wounded?

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

:qq:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Where is the original midieval times guy I want to see the responses and why the gently caress can't I find the post when I have the title and body :argh:

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

You know how we have this phrase in here, "If you're trying to figure out what the hell is going on, remember that everyone in this story is much fatter than your mental image" (which seems mean spirited now that I type it out), well that image just kinda explained a lot to me about my mental images of US popular dining.

I had assumed a medieval dining experience was gonna be an expensive affair with a show and some effort at dress-up by the guests. I was not expecting the BK hats.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It's dinner and a show, not really a ren faire kinda thing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Xun posted:

Where is the original midieval times guy I want to see the responses and why the gently caress can't I find the post when I have the title and body :argh:

Dunno why, it popped up as the first search result for me :confused:

Took out the reddit.com part of the url so nobody yells about site traffic coming from here: /r/AmItheAsshole/comments/zv0k8k/aita_for_walking_out_of_family_dinner_because_of/

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Serephina posted:

You know how we have this phrase in here, "If you're trying to figure out what the hell is going on, remember that everyone in this story is much fatter than your mental image" (which seems mean spirited now that I type it out), well that image just kinda explained a lot to me about my mental images of US popular dining.

I had assumed a medieval dining experience was gonna be an expensive affair with a show and some effort at dress-up by the guests. I was not expecting the BK hats.

Yeah it's really just like watching jousting in a stadium while you have a mid tier roast chicken. You're not going to Lyndhurst, NJ for an upscale dining experience

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
imagining his 'wench' just rolling her eyes so far back they pop out of her head

(that is what they called the waitresses the last time I was at a medieval times, which was 20 years ago. maybe they updated it?)

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
pretty much just imagining janeane garafolo here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdPu6sQ9l4g

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for wanting my (f32) daughter (f11) to learn a new language?

quote:

My daughter, Augustina have been learning German and Russian at school since the age of 5. We’ve added Spanish when she was 9 and it feels like it’s time to add another language when she’s back in school in September and I think either Mandarin or Japanese would be suitable (of course, she can choose another one if she has one that she wants to learn). I’d hate for my child to be yet another English speaker who only speaks one language.

She just came back from music summer camp, and I’ve tried to talk to her about her language choices next year. I was shocked when she told me she didn’t want to take another language.

I asked her what she wanted to do instead, and she asked if she can have free time instead of another activity. I said that she already gets 2 hours off in the afternoon, but she said that she has to do her homework then and shower and get ready for bed and it’s not really free time. I told her that she watched Netflix when in the bath thus it’s free time in my book.

She said that in that case she wanted to take Italian to which I replied that I didn’t think it was the right choice as it’s too similar to Spanish and it’s like cheating and suggested she pick something else and I gave her until end of the week to come to me with a decision otherwise I will pick one for her.
She went sulking to her room but didn’t say anything else.

My ex husband just called me and told me I was crazy for expecting so much of our child and to give her a break. I told him that I only what’s best and that she will take another language or at least another instrument (she does play piano). He told me that I must chill otherwise, he’ll stop paying for private school. I have sole custody and he pays child support but private school is not part of the agreement and he only does it because it’s what’s best for her. I told him that he would be harming her but he said that the private school used to be what’s best but I am turning it into a nightmare for Augustina. I spoke with my best friends and one of them agrees with me and one with my husband and I don’t know what to think anymore. AITA for only wanting my child to learn another language?

edit: i should mention that this is something that happened a few months back and I am still wondering what to do with it.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I went to Medieval Times a few times as a kid. They’re fun experiences, but if you’re an entitled prick or a stick-in-the-mud, you’re going to have a bad time.

https://www.medievaltimes.com

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Medieval times was our social studies field trip growing up we learned so much about the middle ages like "don't be an uptight rear end in a top hat or you won't have fun"

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Alchemist posted:

Why did you join the army if you didn't want to get wounded?

Halloween Jack posted:

The US armed forces deserve more recognition for providing a living wage and health insurance to thousands of maladjusted young white men who would never fit in anywhere else.

Edit: I should also add there was 2 other things as well. Thinking MPs don't get deployed and the thought that I'm sure everyone in the armed forces has that's "Others will be wounded, it eon't happen to me."

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 25, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Piell posted:

Kid would've had a better life if they hadn't come home from camp and just went feral instead

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I think the gimmick is kinda lame but if you're gonna be there you might as well get into it! I've never seen anyone eat roast chicken not using their hands anyway.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Piell posted:

i wonder how many languages OP speaks. also how many hours/day they get off

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Foo Diddley posted:

i wonder how many languages OP speaks. also how many hours/day they get off

Well we can rule out fluency in English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Who wants Sexy Jesus? they updated with it!

https://imgbox.com/uZOUpSso