Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Can't log back in and have to force quit the launcher because clicking X just makes the launcher flash...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
It finally let me install the Director's Cut so :shrug: The entire free game listing thing is now completely gone though so it's still probably being worked on.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Boo, I wanted the Director's Cut for free. I can already play the regular version on Gamepass.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the tweet announcing the giveaway doesn't reference the directors cut so the intent was probably always to give away the base game and someone at epic is now getting shouted at for pressing the wrong button

oops

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That’s so lame of them to change it to the base version the second it starts working for me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's the director's cut, and the epic store worked fine for me 2 minutes ago to at least claim it. I don't have the free space to download it at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if that takes longer than usual.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
There is no listing at all on the homepage while the director cut has been deleted from the whole store and the base one is unavailable. Not going to tear my hair out on not getting the game but this is amateur hour.

Edit: using the launcher app links to the base game now but at least it's there, web site is ultrafucked. To goons in the know, does upgrading to the director's cut make sense or i can ignore it? I only saw LP of the stock game, not the director's cut.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 25, 2022

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

repiv posted:

the tweet announcing the giveaway doesn't reference the directors cut so the intent was probably always to give away the base game and someone at epic is now getting shouted at for pressing the wrong button

oops

Yeah that's likely the case.

Will be interesting if they open the can of worms of retroactively downgrading or just write it off.

Skwirl posted:

It's the director's cut, and the epic store worked fine for me 2 minutes ago to at least claim it. I don't have the free space to download it at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if that takes longer than usual.

It's downloading at a perfectly fine pace since they removed the free page.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I used the epic store program to claim it, not the website.

Edit: looks fine on their website too, I can't claim it a second time, so I don't know if something happens after you hit the claim button. This is in the US.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 25, 2022

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Everything showing Death Stranding is deleted on my end and the game is listed as 'unavailable' on its page.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
It worked long enough for me to claim the base game and then it went back to unavailable. Shows up in my transaction history, but not my library in the launcher.

Shits getting slammed, just try again in a couple hours when things calm down a little.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i know it's the antithesis of the thread but even if y'all do end up getting the base game instead of the director's cut, the upgrade to the latter is $10 off-sale and was on sale when i checked earlier. obviously not as good as getting the full thing for free, but def not the end of the world if it resolves in a different way

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

$10 > $0.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
death stranding is good and while it isn't for everyone, you should still try it out.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Getting the base game for free and paying for the upgrade will remove the original sin of free game and allow you to play the game without endangering your immortal soul. It is Christmas after all and that kind of cleansing is completely in line with the dumb explanation gurgled out at the end of DS. The agonizing credit sequence at the end of DS is basically a form of crucifixion.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I finally, successfully redeemed the base version of the game just 30 seconds ago, through the app.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Not sure why you'd want the Director's Cut when they removed Monster. Dunno why, but it the Monster adds something special.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

flatluigi posted:

i know it's the antithesis of the thread but even if y'all do end up getting the base game instead of the director's cut, the upgrade to the latter is $10 off-sale and was on sale when i checked earlier. obviously not as good as getting the full thing for free, but def not the end of the world if it resolves in a different way

It's more that I'd have to buy the DLC on EGS, and I (a) don't want to give them money and (b) don't have any faith it'll still exist as a platform in 10 years, when I finally get around to playing it.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

My favourite bit is that Sam's canteen automatically collects the extremely lethal timefall and converts it into delicious, invigorating MONSTER ENERGY®

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If the PC port is based on the Director's Cut to begin with, I think even the base game won't have Monster.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

It just says "unavailable" so that's cool

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Nah I played the initial PC release when it came out, MONSTER ENERGY® all over the place

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Mine let me click on directors cut when it listed it as free but then took me to the store page where it tried to charge me £40 for it or whatever the price was.

So that's cool. Glad i was paying attention.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

AfricanBootyShine posted:

It's more that I'd have to buy the DLC on EGS, and I (a) don't want to give them money and (b) don't have any faith it'll still exist as a platform in 10 years, when I finally get around to playing it.

dont buy a game if you're not going to play it in the next 9 years

dont buy a game if you're not going to play it in the next 24 hours

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

So I managed to redeem it on the epic store website instead. It's not in my library and it still lets me click "get" on the store page but when I once again try to redeem it and get to the "payment" screen it says I do already own it so yea, there's hopefully the way to do it if you've been unable.

edit: just received an email receipt so yea that way does work

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 25, 2022

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

AfricanBootyShine posted:

there's a good chance sa won't exist in ten years and yet you're still posting

The General
Mar 4, 2007

SA will never die :colbert: I hope, or else I'll be internet homeless :ohdear:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Peachfart posted:

Boo, I wanted the Director's Cut for free. I can already play the regular version on Gamepass.

Yeah I'm annoyed and this is BS.

Will wait until the DC goes on sale on Steam and eventually grab it, I guess.

EDIT: th DC upgrade is only 6 bucks right now. Maybe I will actually give EGS my money. Maybe.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

standard edition currently showing up free for me in epic store (but I already have it)

cheap upgrade to director's cut from standard

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Is the DC upgrade worth it?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it finally let me grab the og version. but what's funny is that the director's cut upgrade is an addon for the director's cut version of the game, it's not listed as an addon to the og version?? how are you gonna upgrade the director's cut version to the director's cut version?

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

A good poster posted:

Are there at least mods for the standard edition to change out the Monster Energy cans?

I haven't found one yet, someone post here if they find one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

site posted:

it finally let me grab the og version. but what's funny is that the director's cut upgrade is an addon for the director's cut version of the game, it's not listed as an addon to the og version?? how are you gonna upgrade the director's cut version to the director's cut version?

I think this is because you could originally only get the Director's Cut on Epic, and because of the free giveaway, they had to change it to the base game + upgrade.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

whats the difference between base and dc?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

site posted:

I totally didn't buy it, but I think if you do it adds the DC separately to your games list.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kly posted:

whats the difference between base and dc?

A couple more unique missions, more gadgets and toys (some of which are quite fun), more roads to build (incredible selling point if you know the game!)

I feel like it was a more noticable upgrade if you played the original on PS4, since the original on PC already had some upgrades, changes and additions.

So the DC is not essential to play or enjoy the game, but at the same time you might wonder why'd you not play the definite version of this game that a lot of people seem to like!

This kind of dilemma is exactly why you don't end up playing games you get for free.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there a mod that adds the monster cans back into the game for the director's cut, because I actually like that part in the original

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I got the original version and have no idea why I'd play this instead of the Director's cut. Uninstalled Epic Games store again lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah I think the DC was a bigger deal when it was the PS5 version since it added a couple technical features like 4K and ultrawide which probably just got rolled into the base PC