Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Muta/Shinsuke is main eventing the Budokan over Kaito/Kenoh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
It is the much bigger match.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I get where you're coming from, but Mutoh in his retirement series up against Shinsuke goddamned Nakamura should almost always be the main event on any major card - and the almost case would have to be something like Rikidozan rising up from the dead and in prime physical condition wrestling a similarly resurrected Inoki and Baba in a triple threat. You know, something like that.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's good, because it means I can turn off the show early & spend New Years morning with my family

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

I get where you're coming from, but Mutoh in his retirement series up against Shinsuke goddamned Nakamura should almost always be the main event on any major card - and the almost case would have to be something like Rikidozan rising up from the dead and in prime physical condition wrestling a similarly resurrected Inoki and Baba in a triple threat. You know, something like that.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m pro Mutoh and the match is the reason they’re doing the biggest Budokan gate of the pandemic era

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Muto's last laugh over the young bloods

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Finally catching up with the Big Japan show from 11/24 and in addition to it being sad that there's only 270 people at Korakuen to watch some geniunely talented competitors (and a bunch of past the hill guys), i'm just wondering what the gently caress is happening with their canvas. Nearly the entire logo has been replaced with different coloured patches from them fixing it up, I guess it fits the aesthetic of a deathmatch fed but it looks proper dogshit.

How much does it cost to get a new one made up, I get they're shoestring but Jesus?

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

SG Bamboo posted:

Finally catching up with the Big Japan show from 11/24 and in addition to it being sad that there's only 270 people at Korakuen to watch some geniunely talented competitors (and a bunch of past the hill guys), i'm just wondering what the gently caress is happening with their canvas. Nearly the entire logo has been replaced with different coloured patches from them fixing it up, I guess it fits the aesthetic of a deathmatch fed but it looks proper dogshit.

How much does it cost to get a new one made up, I get they're shoestring but Jesus?

I kinda love it, it's like a quilt of DEATH. Idk how expesive a canvas is but considering my local start-up indie has a snazzy one with their logo on it I have to assume it's in the budget and they're just stingy/stubbornly using this one until it becomes completely unusable.

Side note: Where do you keep up with BJW? I've been meaning to get into them because I've loved everything I've seen but it's not wrestling mainstream enough to be on the usual pirated sites.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

arsenicCatnip posted:

I kinda love it, it's like a quilt of DEATH. Idk how expesive a canvas is but considering my local start-up indie has a snazzy one with their logo on it I have to assume it's in the budget and they're just stingy/stubbornly using this one until it becomes completely unusable.

Side note: Where do you keep up with BJW? I've been meaning to get into them because I've loved everything I've seen but it's not wrestling mainstream enough to be on the usual pirated sites.

They livestream most of their shows on the Big Japan Nico Nico channel but the much better value option is https://bjwcore.com/ where they upload matches

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Also @b3rt4 on twitter posts the occasional show if you're looking for the odd show for free

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1605587476806074368

I've watched less than 10 Big Japan shows over the last year but every show I have seen had something worthwhile, even if i'm skipping Ryuji Ito or Jaki Numezawa matches there's always Astronauts, Okami or Stong Bj to put on a banger. Their Welcome Home show from May is up there for my show of the year just of the strength of the last four matches

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This'll be cool, Chris and Haku are a good pairing

https://mobile.twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1606572548543873026

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

SG Bamboo posted:

It’s a company that literally did fan funding twice to fix their bus. There’s no reason why a company should draw that poorly at Korakuen which lends the question of if Big Japan should continue down this painful embarrassing path or just put itself out of its misery.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

It’s a company that literally did fan funding twice to fix their bus. There’s no reason why a company should draw that poorly at Korakuen which lends the question of if Big Japan should continue down this painful embarrassing path or just put itself out of its misery.

hmm would a death match company do something painful and embarrassing rather than the sensible thing?

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
BJW vs itself in a scissor board and hypodermic needle deathmatch

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The only embarrassing part of BJW that bothers me is their refusal to push younger guys. And even then, that just ends up with the younger guys eventually going to FREEDOMS
& making their deathmatches even more stacked.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

forkboy84 posted:

The only embarrassing part of BJW that bothers me is their refusal to push younger guys. And even then, that just ends up with the younger guys eventually going to FREEDOMS
& making their deathmatches even more stacked.

If you don’t find 80 people shows in shinkiba and getting outdrawn by 2AW in korakuen embarrassing then I can’t help you.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

If you don’t find 80 people shows in shinkiba and getting outdrawn by 2AW in korakuen embarrassing then I can’t help you.

You can just pretend it's still the height of the pandemic and they have strict crowd limits.

Honestly, it's a dead promotion walking but it's the easiest place to see Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura regularly. Especially together. So I'll just enjoy it while it lasts. Besides, never really been fussed by finances, that's someone else's problem, I'm just here to watch the 59th Astronauts vs Strong BJ match

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 25, 2022

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1606869496924639232

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1607102284822986756?s=20

Merry Christmas everyone, it's the Great Space War!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
it's a Christmas miracle.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
https://twitter.com/narukidoi/status/1607179307646095360?s=46&t=wNtwaRTW1AR2Hj250BoIbQ

Doi working 3 promotions including a DDT & AJPW show on the same day is apparently his way of "slowing down as a freelancer".

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dango announcing the stipulation for the Extreme Title match, another 5 kilo in three days is a bit of an ask

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1607320892820054017

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GanPro's next big show is starting in three hours, not sure if it's a cheering show but Chris Brookes and Mr Haku will be doing English comms which is great. Only match i'm not excited for is the Pheromones match, but htat could at least be interesting as Imanari's GanPro gimmick is radically different than his DDT one

quote:

GANBARE☆PRO “GIRI GIRI CHOP! 2022”, 27/12/2022
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEST/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

1. Munetatsu Nakamura Debut Match: Shinichiro Tominaga Vs Munetatsu Nakamura
2. GanJo x TJPW Special Tag Match: Suzume & Yoshiko Hasegawa Vs Yuki Kamifuku & YuuRI
3. Shota Triumphant Return Match: Shuichiro Katsumura & Shota Vs Soma Takao & Shigehiro Irie
4. GanPro Vs Pheromones: Ken Ohka & Yumehito Imanari Vs Yuki “Sexy” Iino & Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno
5. GanJo Vs Ice Ribbon: Yuna Manase, Moeka Haruhi & HARUKAZE Vs Nao Ishikawa, Yuki Mashiro & Kaho Matsushita
6. Kouki Iwasaki Ganbare☆Pro Wrestling Last Match: Keisuke Ishii Vs Kouki Iwasaki
7. Spirit Of Ganbare World Openweight Title: Hartley Jackson (c) Vs Mizuki Watase

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

January 3 DDT card announced, including Soup vs Soup From The Past. https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1607637431964282881?t=KYY2i9ZFXnawiuJDhCuuaA&s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Feed started for the GanPro show. Delighted by the grubby curtains behind the announcers.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Good news, this is a cheer crowd.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Not the most packed Korakuen but considering I also watchedBig Japan this week it may as well be standing room only

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Woah Ganpro poached an Ice Ribbon back office guy

(It always goes back to the chocolate square)

Oh he's taking over Ganbare Joshi

Joshi only cards in the future.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Dec 27, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Young Ganbare Cup sounds promising

e: Wrestle Sekigahara II is also good news, the first one was great

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Dec 27, 2022

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Japan please get rid of audience restrictions in the near future and save Ganbare

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Serious Imanari!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Look at this nervous young man :3:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Can't fault this Nakamura kid's eagerness even if he looks like he's fifteen or so

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Can't fault this Nakamura kid's eagerness even if he looks like he's fifteen or so

It wasn't so noticable for me until an actual adult in Tominaga entered the ring

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Nakamura is a baby, but he is super athletic and has good Young Boy Energy.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Some nice stuff there

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Pretty crisp rolling underhooks with a nice bridge

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
proving he can eat the big bumps

good debut

SG Bamboo