Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Had a patient who showed up for fent and amphetamines

after doing his 48 hour fentanyl hold, he did 3 doses of his suboxone taper, then ran out in 0 degree weather, jumped a fence, and ran to the gas station at roughly 2PM. Because our census is low (lol) he was allowed to come back after being picked up by his gf. He showed back up SIX hours later, and his urine still had fentanyl (48-72 hours), amphetamines (72 hours ish) and methadone for some reason. Methadone is a 72 hour hold before using Suboxone so he was informed of this.

Day 2 since he's been back, still not on suboxone, still not showing withdrawal symptoms, still just hanging out in his room by himself. So I do a repeat urinalysis on him and he's STILL got fentanyl and meth in it.

So one of the techs decides to test his vape oil which was positive for fentanyl, cocaine, meth, amphetamines, opioids. Dude's just been sitting in his room this whole time at detox, vaping his balls off.

When confronted with this and being told he was being discharged, he just said "drat that's crazy" packed up and left.

Merry Christmas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

FizFashizzle posted:

I get an extra 8 hours PTO per holiday shift, but I alternate 7s with another provider and it's just how it fell. Plus she has a young kid and I'm just a degenerate in my late thirties without a family

As someone who was the mid thirties degenerate that now has a young family, thank you for showing up so your coworker can be with their kid. That stuff matters a lot.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Its Rinaldo posted:

Happy Xmas from Panda, my fellow goons.

merry xmas, panda :)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My in-laws got my son a large, loud, annoying train for Christmas. It’s pretty much the ideal grandparent gift that the kid will love and annoy this poo poo out of my wife and I. My cat is also visibly annoyed, but that’s her normal state anyway.

Other than that, all the gifts were well received. Now we’re back home and attempting to relax.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

FizFashizzle posted:

So one of the techs decides to test his vape oil which was positive for fentanyl, cocaine, meth, amphetamines, opioids. Dude's just been sitting in his room this whole time at detox, vaping his balls off.

When confronted with this and being told he was being discharged, he just said "drat that's crazy" packed up and left.

Merry Christmas!

I agree with that guy vaping fentanyl, cocaine, meth and opioids while in detox: vaping fentanyl, cocaine, meth and opioids while in detox is crazy.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Merry Christmas to all of you, your families and pets!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
My parents got my son a Yamaha 50cc dirt bike for Christmas and I think he's the happiest kid on earth.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Quiet Feet posted:

"Meowy Christmas" was right there dude.

I prefer Meowy Christmouse but ok.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

wandler20 posted:

My parents got my son a Yamaha 50cc dirt bike for Christmas and I think he's the happiest kid on earth.

I got my cousin a skateboard when she was 10 but unfortunately her mom was a family practice doctor so that "disappeared"

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

One of my brothers got a bow and arrow set from some dumb but well meaning extended relatives because he's half Siletz and they thought it would help him get in touch with his Native American culture. He immediately used it to shoot at his friends in dumb Jackass style stunts because there's nothing else to do in rural Eastern Washington in the winter as a teen boy when you get bored with video games.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I burned the Mignon :( but at least the scalloped potato’s came out perfect.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

FizFashizzle posted:

Had a patient who showed up for fent and amphetamines

after doing his 48 hour fentanyl hold, he did 3 doses of his suboxone taper, then ran out in 0 degree weather, jumped a fence, and ran to the gas station at roughly 2PM. Because our census is low (lol) he was allowed to come back after being picked up by his gf. He showed back up SIX hours later, and his urine still had fentanyl (48-72 hours), amphetamines (72 hours ish) and methadone for some reason. Methadone is a 72 hour hold before using Suboxone so he was informed of this.

Day 2 since he's been back, still not on suboxone, still not showing withdrawal symptoms, still just hanging out in his room by himself. So I do a repeat urinalysis on him and he's STILL got fentanyl and meth in it.

Merry Christmas!
Where do they sell this vape oil? Sounds like a healthy tonic circa 1885

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

One of my brothers got a bow and arrow set from some dumb but well meaning extended relatives because he's half Siletz and they thought it would help him get in touch with his Native American culture. He immediately used it to shoot at his friends in dumb Jackass style stunts because there's nothing else to do in rural Eastern Washington in the winter as a teen boy when you get bored with video games.

It brought me some joy if that helps

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Porterhouses are in. See y'all in an hour.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Braksgirl posted:

I prefer Meowy Christmouse but ok.

I'm uncomfortable with the idea of Christmouse and the implications it has for Easter.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

How the gently caress is that in a vape?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/death-stranding

Free on Epic

Merry Christmas!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Sister baked chocolate chip & walnut cookies. These finished before dinner so the temptation is real.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

No Butt Stuff posted:

How the gently caress is that in a vape?

I have no idea. I hope it comes with a side of Narcan.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I guess I'm really naive. How are people in a detox program allowed to vape at all?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Because when you try to take away nicotine from someone quitting other substances its a god damned nightmare.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Warm and have electricity in Texas, Merry Christmas

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Merry Christmas you numbskulls.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Ain't no way all that was in a vape

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Android Apocalypse posted:

Sister baked chocolate chip & walnut cookies. These finished before dinner so the temptation is real.

Good lawd those look good.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

saintonan posted:

I guess I'm really naive. How are people in a detox program allowed to vape at all?

Around here they aren't but cigarettes are allowed at scheduled smoke times.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

Another Baker having a good night I see!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Pretty sure that was intentional but I think AA is incapable of taking a picture without wings in it somehow.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Christmas dinner main-- pepper crusted tenderloin

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

I couldn’t keep interest. Made it like 3 episodes in after thinking I’d love it

The Peripheral is based on a William Gibson novel of the same name and TBH as much as I'm liking the show (and it definitely took some time to get going) I think the book is far better.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Qwijib0 posted:

Christmas dinner main-- pepper crusted tenderloin

gently caress that looks good

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm not normally a black coffee guy but after having a bunch of cookies and sweets there's something really nice about the bitterness.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BrownThunder posted:

Never doubt the ingenuity of vice

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

8 and 12 pound boneless ribeye roasts done with a sous vide for 9 and 11 hours respectively at about 135, then each seared in an oven at 550 convect for about 15 minutes. I'm going to die from meat belly

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BrownThunder posted:

you can vape anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ayzC8Z6KlU&t=305s

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

If you need to heat to activate, and you can condense into a liquid that fits in a cartridge, you can vape it.

You fuckin SHOULDN'T but that's not logistically that hard (before you begin interacting with volatile chemicals).

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Ours did the same thing. No idea why they like being under the tree so much.

I had my tree up since the beginning of December, but no tree skirt because I don’t have one, and the cats didn’t give a poo poo. Girlfriend brought one of her tree skirts over last week because she has like four, and both of the cats immediately went and loafed under the tree all day.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

T-Square posted:

I had my tree up since the beginning of December, but no tree skirt because I don’t have one, and the cats didn’t give a poo poo. Girlfriend brought one of her tree skirts over last week because she has like four, and both of the cats immediately went and loafed under the tree all day.

my roommate bought a really nice tree skirt and one of the cats has made it his mission to destroy it by making GBS threads on it at least twice a week since she laid it out

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My cats are both plant eaters so we didn't even try with a tree or wreath to avoid them eating anything poisonous. In particular Lena loves eating roses and thankfully those are fine for cats though. Now that my folks are gone we're not really doing Christmas anymore and I'm pretty okay with it. Just relaxing with my cats and eventually breaking out the Switch to finish up Pokemon Shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Silly Burrito posted:

Pretty sure that was intentional but I think AA is incapable of taking a picture without wings in it somehow.

:lmao: I didn't notice the wing rub pack until after I posted.

Sister & her husband went in on part of a cow, so tonight I sous vide some porterhouse steaks while she made broccoli casserole & sweet potato fries. Alas my sister convinced me to not pan sear the steaks since it would've smoked out the house so I tried using her broiler with :effort: results.

Also finally watched Knives Out. I see why people enjoyed it!