Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Lolie posted:

Christmas done and dusted for another year.

Hope you had a good one Lolie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

femcastra posted:

Hope you had a good one Lolie.

It was nice.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Lolie posted:

Centrelink's calculators are infuriating. Once upon a time they had simple tables which showed at what income eligibility would cease entirely, but no more.

Their entire process seems to me to be designed to obfuscate and confuse. Glad I have exceedingly limited interaction with their services.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Lolie posted:

Centrelink's calculators are infuriating. Once upon a time they had simple tables which showed at what income eligibility would cease entirely, but no more.

Page 48.

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/sites/default/files/2022-11/co029-2212.pdf

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Fiance was at the hospital all day because she was worried her leg clot had come back but shes been cleared and has a sick cert for a week to keep a compression stocking on and now we are waiting on korean fried chicken and watching the new knives out movie

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Fiance was at the hospital all day because she was worried her leg clot had come back but shes been cleared and has a sick cert for a week to keep a compression stocking on and now we are waiting on korean fried chicken and watching the new knives out movie

About to stick on the new knives out movie. Hope it's as good as the first

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Used boxing day to paint the place. Quite happy with the color. No work until the 10th and Im pretty happy with that.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I've heard it's very good and topically timed

I saw don't worry darling and was very impressed, the fact it's a female director really shows in a good way

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

plans for a board game day tomorrow scuppered because the host had their family around for christmas at his place and two people that went tested postive for covid and I dont get sick pay so thats a bummer

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Glass Onion was great fun, I think I enjoyed it more than the first

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Jestery posted:

I've heard it's very good and topically timed

I saw don't worry darling and was very impressed, the fact it's a female director really shows in a good way

Wow I had the opposite reaction to don't worry darling, absolute dogs bollocks.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

glass onion is very good. its hard for me to say its better than knives out 1 because the cast in it is absolutely perfect and contains some of my favourite actors to watch chew it up as well as Chris Evans in the only non marvel role i've ever seen him in just absolutely nailing it but glass onion is absolutely a great sequel that rivals its predecessor without mindlessly aping it

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Those movies were both really fun and had unreasonably pretty girls in them, definitely great stuff.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

While we are recommending good movies,

Mystery Road is an absolute loving banger that is set in rural Queensland

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Knives Out 1 - No ex professional wrestlers.
Knives Out 2 - Batista.

It's simple maths. Knives Out 2 is clearly the superior film. (I haven't seen it yet.)

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Shame didn't work this way

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Knives Out 1 - No ex professional wrestlers.
Knives Out 2 - Batista.

It's simple maths. Knives Out 2 is clearly the superior film. (I haven't seen it yet.)

He has turned into a surprisingly good actor.

I thoroughly enjoyed glass onion and liked it when blanc turned up the southern hocum

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Batista should have tiny glasses in every role

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

NVJ trying to find his wife

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Batista should have tiny glasses in every role

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv_QhoUy-xc

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

just barely remembered to get my hot 100 voting done in before the deadline

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I know it's going to be stinking hot tomorrow because I just went to take a shower before bed and there were a thousand tiny black ants in there ahead of me.

The trap outside has probably dried up and they all crawled in to avoid the coming heat. Or there's a giant nest in the walls.

We'll see tomorrow.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Good work Lolie pulling off Christmas. Mums have to do a hell of a lot.

I went round to my partners folks for turkey dinner but this time I gave them some turkey stock I made from the thanksgiving carcass they gave me and it really punched up the gravy this year. So I'll do it again with this carcass for the next turkey meal, and so on, and so on, in a perfect harmonious circle

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Did everybody make sure to go down to Woolies and get their Boxing Day Hot Cross Buns?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Doing a couple of things each day for the lead up definitely made it a lot easier.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
so happy
be this happy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

In case you arent as terminally online as i am there was a huge meltdown over the word "oval office" being used to describe putin in the gbs ukraine thread that escalated into a qcs thread where jeffery did invisible week long probations for every single poster that posted in it and its funny as hell

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jesus the seppos are an absolute fucken embarrassment to humanity hey. Just big fat stupid cunts huffing their own farts for days in a futile attempt to pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Do we have carte blanche freedom to use oval office itt? Or are there rules like only good cunts and male bastard cunts but no women cunts

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I went round to my partners folks for turkey dinner but this time I gave them some turkey stock I made from the thanksgiving carcass they gave me and it really punched up the gravy this year. So I'll do it again with this carcass for the next turkey meal, and so on, and so on, in a perfect harmonious circle

perpetual gravy like the perpetual stew like that place in thailand thats been using the same broth for its stew for 48 years

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Ranter posted:

Do we have carte blanche freedom to use oval office itt? Or are there rules like only good cunts and male bastard cunts but no women cunts

cunts only to be used in the commonwealth threads

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ranter posted:

Misogyny is bad. We have a more nuanced understanding of oval office in this thread though

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Old timey "encunted" is an underrated swear word, ngl.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

In case you arent as terminally online as i am there was a huge meltdown over the word "oval office" being used to describe putin in the gbs ukraine thread that escalated into a qcs thread where jeffery did invisible week long probations for every single poster that posted in it and its funny as hell

Jeffo is a good oval office.

To save everyone time here is the best post from that thread.

Spanish Manlove posted:

wordfilter "oval office" to "school shooter" so americans will ignore it

Raged fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 27, 2022

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ranter posted:

Just don't use it in a misogynistic way and you'll be fine.

That is to say; just don't be a oval office about it.

Breetai posted:

It is. I've not heard of it before but I'll have to do some research.

Research results:

I have also discovered the word decunt, which means to withdraw the penis from a vagina.

"After a respectful, consensual and mutually enjoyable bout of bedroom wrestling, NVJ decunted, and prepared for his job as the council of Smithfield Plains pothole maker."

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 27, 2022

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Breetai posted:

uncunt

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

lol, getting a week for quoting my 6er
that Jeff's a funny oval office

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I mean we wouldn't want to hurt a dictators feelings by calling him a oval office

Carlos Lantana posted:

so happy
be this happy

I'm up to 4 Maggies now, they're the best. Got a whole family and I'm just on the cusp of hand feeding them now. I'll try grabbing some photos tomorrow.

Heats really getting to them so we've been putting bowls of water out for em. :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Still better than other Ukraine threads with the Putin supporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Carlos Lantana posted:

so happy
be this happy

I put the sprinkler on the other day for my magpie family but they ignored it. I have a feeling when I put the water feature together they will crap in it, though.