Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I pulled Brood and drat this card is powerful even in incomplete decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

JackDarko posted:

I pulled Brood and drat this card is powerful even in incomplete decks.

They should nerf it so the broodlings are always 2/2 like the squirrels, they’d still be ok but them copying the brood buffs is just nuts.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’ve been seeing a lot of Deadpools in discard decks lately

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
214 get, time to stockpile credits until I get bored of doing so and jam my face directly into the killmonger et al woodchipper

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Jedit posted:

Black Widow sees a lot of play in junk decks. They also often play Falcon, as he bounces Iceman, Yondu and Korg.

Yeah, they’re playable cards for sure. Just not ones I personally want to play. Most of those decks want Beast and Quinjet which I don’t have.

I saw this list posted elsewhere and thought it was interesting but not really my jam.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Want some opinions: Should I buy Bast in the token shop or wait for Shuri to come by?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'd wait.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Entire ice ages have gone faster than the amount of time required to save up tokens to buy even the 1000 cost cards

Hauki
May 11, 2010

priznat posted:

Entire ice ages have gone faster than the amount of time required to save up tokens to buy even the 1000 cost cards

I had Valk in my shop earlier and just did some rough math on earning 6k tokens

lmao

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Google Jeb Bush posted:

214 get, time to stockpile credits until I get bored of doing so and jam my face directly into the killmonger et al woodchipper

I wouldn't worry. Now you can store credits up to 10,000, it's possible to get the entire of Series 2 in a single session of upgrading.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Waffleopolis posted:

Want some opinions: Should I buy Bast in the token shop or wait for Shuri to come by?

If you want to play a Mr Negative deck she’ll increase it’s competitiveness. Probably less useful than like She Hulk or something though.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I’m going to have She Hulk pinned for the next year and a half or so, probably

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Mons Hubris posted:

I’m going to have She Hulk pinned for the next year and a half or so, probably

You and me both!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

It's not worth pinning S4 cards if you're not 100% on S3 - you'll need to gain more than 1400 CLs to get enough tokens, and you'll get at least two S4 cards in that time anyway.

If you are S3 complete then you'll earn 3000 in less than 300 CLs, so depending how many credits you have stashed you can get from 0-3k in a couple of weeks.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wait so is it better to store credits or upgrade every card possible to advance CL?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Jedit posted:

It's not worth pinning S4 cards if you're not 100% on S3 - you'll need to gain more than 1400 CLs to get enough tokens, and you'll get at least two S4 cards in that time anyway.

If you are S3 complete then you'll earn 3000 in less than 300 CLs, so depending how many credits you have stashed you can get from 0-3k in a couple of weeks.
Idk. In my case the colored ones are my S3 owned (yes the good/ok/bad is rough and controversial, I made them at the start of pool 3 to keep myself from tilting as proof I wasn't actually unlucky):

I don't think I care to token any of the remaining cards, Mr Negative and Hela aren't my style. Taskmaster is the most tempting but I have so much I can play. I'm probably just going to lock shuri forever if I see her and not think about the collector shop.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sandwolf posted:

Wait so is it better to store credits or upgrade every card possible to advance CL?

Personally, I say level up like hell, since that's the way to get the cards you want.
Unless there's a specific card that you'd really like to upgrade and you're close to being able to do that.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

No Wave posted:

I don't think I care to token any of the remaining cards, Mr Negative and Hela aren't my style. Taskmaster is the most tempting but I have so much I can play. I'm probably just going to lock shuri forever if I see her and not think about the collector shop.

Yeah similar collection rate here and I'm in the same spot; there are some pool 3 cards I've yet to acquire that I'd certainly like to have, but at this point when I open them, I open them, and I'd rather save my tokens for the big guns that can open up new archetypes.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

goferchan posted:

Yeah similar collection rate here and I'm in the same spot; there are some pool 3 cards I've yet to acquire that I'd certainly like to have, but at this point when I open them, I open them, and I'd rather save my tokens for the big guns that can open up new archetypes.

any particular favs? I've had She-Hulk pinned for a few days and I'm like 200 tokens short

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27o9xuDvRxU

This rant is a decent explanation of why Leech/Leader were briefly dominant in the game and why Leader remains such trouble for so many decks. But also why cards like Leader need to exist. (There is a rock paper scissors between death/wave <> surfer/patriot <> leader and everything else is kind of collateral damage.)

I feel like the game is not in an especially healthy spot right now. These mega powerful decks that win by saying “your last turn doesn’t matter” shorten an already short game. And the Snap mechanic being double or nothing incentivizes against playing out the games, which means we don’t often even get to see the game end. A system that discourages you from playing your cards topped by a card that punishes you for playing your cards.

In regular poker, there is a more progressive set of bets that allow you to draw your opponent in to the big showdown. I wish in Snap there was a way to partially concede but still play out the final turn.

doingitwrong fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 26, 2022

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think leader's kind of a sledgehammer in terms of its effect on the meta and antisynergistic with the snap mechanic in a real bad way. i think it should get a nerf mainly because the game's still growing and the more times someone tries out their fancy new card and runs directly into leech leader the more they just stop looking forward to getting new cards

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

any particular favs? I've had She-Hulk pinned for a few days and I'm like 200 tokens short

She-Hulk is really good and is actually the only Pool 4+ card I bought, but I think the "Leader Meta" was sort of a reaction to her becoming popular & it counters her pretty hard. I also randomly opened Absorbing Man and I love him, but I'm also way too attached to playing high-IQ, low-winrate decks with Spider-Man, Juggernaut, etc. and he slots in very nicely there. I'm not sure if he's actually super good, just fun (they never expect the back-to-back Storm effects)

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

goferchan posted:

She-Hulk is really good and is actually the only Pool 4+ card I bought, but I think the "Leader Meta" was sort of a reaction to her becoming popular & it counters her pretty hard. I also randomly opened Absorbing Man and I love him, but I'm also way too attached to playing high-IQ, low-winrate decks with Spider-Man, Juggernaut, etc. and he slots in very nicely there. I'm not sure if he's actually super good, just fun (they never expect the back-to-back Storm effects)

I've been playing a movement deck with Aero, Polaris and Absorbing Man. no one expects double Aero. Iron Fist into Polaris can lead to some funny interactions too

I don't quite have the cards for the super meta decks. so I'm just having fun with it

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

goferchan posted:

Saving for Luke Cage for Hazmat synergy, I got u

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've been having some luck with using Wave to get Knull out, then I use Zola on the last turn on him. Doubles his power and makes a copy. I need more sacrificial cards to power him up though, I think I'm going to just use high powered one cost cards and then Killmonger

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Opopanax posted:

I've been having some luck with using Wave to get Knull out, then I use Zola on the last turn on him. Doubles his power and makes a copy. I need more sacrificial cards to power him up though, I think I'm going to just use high powered one cost cards and then Killmonger

Oh drat that power doubling is a really cool interaction, makes sense

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Jedit posted:

I wouldn't worry. Now you can store credits up to 10,000, it's possible to get the entire of Series 2 in a single session of upgrading.

I'm more worried about my patience with playing only Dinosaur and Kazoo running out, lol

at least my excessive fondness for the particular rng effect of cable / mantis / white queen will stretch that day out

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Opopanax posted:

This seems fun but with Wave-Knull-Zola taking 3 turns it seems like it’s be pretty hard to power him up. Maybe Magik to sometimes let you get more stuff on the board?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

arguably morph too but whiffing with him feels really bad, whereas whiffing with cable or queen still gets you an okay card on board that also happens to read "give all your devil dinosaurs +2"

e also if you whiff with queen that often means your opponent is in real trouble

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 26, 2022

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

If you want to maximize your CL hard, the first upgrade on a card is 25 Credits per CL and the others are 50 credits per CL so the "right" thing to do is play every single card until you upgrade everyone to Uncommon (Frame Break) to maximize CL per Credit. From there you bring one card up to Infinite, Split it, and then get that sweet 25 per CL level again from the new Variant, and repeat the last bit on one card at a time.

Your goal is to get as many Uncommon upgrades as possible at all times, and it will maximize your credit efficiency. It will also drive you mad to build that many decks (unless you just Garbage Zoo and swap out whatever for the card you need to level) and it will probably crater your Rank, but if you're just starting out that could be considered a feature, or at least less of a problem.

This is not recommended, but you can leverage this information by simply playing a healthy variety of minimally-overlapping decks.

I started this game last week and I hate that my brain works this way because I'm absolutely doing this.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I dropped 58 cubes yesterday and held even today despite trying out a newly unlocked Brood.

Brode make a new game this one sucks and I can't go back to Hearthstone.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
"gently caress!"

(closes app)

(re-opens app, queues up GOBLINMODE deck, wins 8 cubes)

MFW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP8tpAs9qhI
HA HA HA-HA, HA HA HA-HA, HA-HA- HAHAHA HA-HA

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I'm more worried about my patience with playing only Dinosaur and Kazoo running out, lol

at least my excessive fondness for the particular rng effect of cable / mantis / white queen will stretch that day out

I can appreciate that, having played a lot of those decks while in S2 and early S3. But you can earn over 5000 credits a week just by logging in daily and doing your six missions, which can usually be done in less than a dozen games. So if you get bored you can take it easy and still get through the sticking point quite quickly.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Magneto and Aero are such a disgusting combo. T4 opponent drops Wong. T5 I drop Magneto with priority (Elysium was one of the locations so I could cheat Mags out easy) and pull Wong into another lane and his reveal is Black Panther harmlessly in one land. Used Emma on T3 so I know he has a Zola in hand so I just use Aero to pull the Zola into my armor lane before it can turn.

It is a nice little mechanic that there are decks you absolutely want priority and decks where you absolutely don't.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Also stupid, Mister Negitive.

Six out of twelve of my cards came down on the final turn. And three of the existing cards were squirrels!

Like my leader deck, it's missing some pieces, but the interactions between Mr. N, Sera, and Surfer carry a lot of weight. I'm unsure if I hate this more or less than the Leader bullshit. At least with Leader, you only need one card to be a powerhouse, but Negative Surfer takes at least three Pool 3 cards plus Surfer from the season pass.

It's fun, but I feel like I kinda high-rolled finding all these cards in my first ~1k collector levels. I would be enjoying the game considerably less if I hadn't gotten lucky, and I feel bad for the people who didn't. They're stuck playing lovely decks and hoping against hope that the shop will bail them out.

If they can't balance the game well enough to keep four or five cards from conquering the meta, then they desperately need a way for newer players to access those essential building blocks that don't involve poo poo like this: https://marvelsnapzone.com/starlit-connection/

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Plastik posted:

If you want to maximize your CL hard, the first upgrade on a card is 25 Credits per CL and the others are 50 credits per CL so the "right" thing to do is play every single card until you upgrade everyone to Uncommon (Frame Break) to maximize CL per Credit. From there you bring one card up to Infinite, Split it, and then get that sweet 25 per CL level again from the new Variant, and repeat the last bit on one card at a time.

Your goal is to get as many Uncommon upgrades as possible at all times, and it will maximize your credit efficiency. It will also drive you mad to build that many decks (unless you just Garbage Zoo and swap out whatever for the card you need to level) and it will probably crater your Rank, but if you're just starting out that could be considered a feature, or at least less of a problem.

This is not recommended, but you can leverage this information by simply playing a healthy variety of minimally-overlapping decks.

I started this game last week and I hate that my brain works this way because I'm absolutely doing this.

Prioritize an Agatha deck and you have reached full min/max power.

(The min is fun)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Huh, opened Attuma and I'm not quite sure what to do with him. Obviously plays pretty nice with Armor or Professor X and I guess Venom could work with him as well, but you probably want Knull for that deck & I don't have him. I haven't tested it, but I think there's some synergy there with Captain Marvel as well? If I understand correctly her "end of the game" effect occurs after "the end of your turn" so she should be able to move to Attuma's location without destroying him.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

goferchan posted:

Huh, opened Attuma and I'm not quite sure what to do with him. Obviously plays pretty nice with Armor or Professor X and I guess Venom could work with him as well, but you probably want Knull for that deck & I don't have him. I haven't tested it, but I think there's some synergy there with Captain Marvel as well? If I understand correctly her "end of the game" effect occurs after "the end of your turn" so she should be able to move to Attuma's location without destroying him.

There were a few of us posting about him a few pages back. You’ve got the main cases for him - armor, prof x, venom, cap marvel. Zero is the other card that makes sense. He works on curve with taskmaster. Next week you could go zabu->shuri+Attuma. And he’s a nice counter for storm on an empty lane.

I ran him to ok results in a leader style deck where I tried to use the big power from him to take board advantage.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Plastik posted:

If all your cards are uncommon, 61,000 credits can get you:
61 cards to the rank below infinity: 1220CLs
40 cards to infinity and their splits to uncommon: 1240CLs

So about 2 extra reserves versus the absolutely worst strategy (that isn't leaving cards at common) every 61,000 credits. That might be a whole card, or it might not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

Also stupid, Mister Negitive.

Six out of twelve of my cards came down on the final turn. And three of the existing cards were squirrels!

Like my leader deck, it's missing some pieces, but the interactions between Mr. N, Sera, and Surfer carry a lot of weight. I'm unsure if I hate this more or less than the Leader bullshit. At least with Leader, you only need one card to be a powerhouse, but Negative Surfer takes at least three Pool 3 cards plus Surfer from the season pass.

It's fun, but I feel like I kinda high-rolled finding all these cards in my first ~1k collector levels. I would be enjoying the game considerably less if I hadn't gotten lucky, and I feel bad for the people who didn't. They're stuck playing lovely decks and hoping against hope that the shop will bail them out.

If they can't balance the game well enough to keep four or five cards from conquering the meta, then they desperately need a way for newer players to access those essential building blocks that don't involve poo poo like this: https://marvelsnapzone.com/starlit-connection/

I like Mr Negative a lot but I feel he's pretty well balanced because a decent chunk of games have you just noping out because you didn't draw him before t4, or you already had your killer cards like Iron Man in hand. I don't have Magik though which seems like it'd really let him go to work.