Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

All I want for Christmas is a gold potato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I haven’t yet quite blocked out the trauma of trying to grow a golden spud. I honestly began to think it was a troll and there was no such thing.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Excellent. Working through jubilee invitation and what does it want? 1000 corn. To go with the I assume 50000 more watermelon I need to grow.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Does anyone have a spare dancer by chance? I've had no luck getting milk and cookies.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Rakeris posted:

Does anyone have a spare dancer by chance? I've had no luck getting milk and cookies.

Check your mb. Last one.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
A nice little milestone; I finished Unlikely Pair this morning. I'm down to one viable questline to pursue; Defenses is honey-locked, Wall in the Way is honey-locked among other things, so it's either Unexpected Visitor or the endless grinds of Corn Quandary and 99 Bottles.

Froggy should go to L6 today, and then it's general improvements time.

EDIT: Frog went to L6, Green Dragon was purchased and is at L5 so far. Not a bad day at all.

delfin fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 26, 2022

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Fhqwhgads posted:

Check your mb. Last one.

Thanks!

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

rafikki posted:

All I want for Christmas is a gold potato

Christmas ruined

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Back in Corn (oil) jail.

RIP

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I got 99 Mega Beet and 99 Mega Sunflower seeds from 99ing Farming. Is there anything specific to do with these besides insta-harvest via grape juice and using happy/spooky cookies to multiply output? Buddy's Almanac doesn't show a use for them, but are they sellable?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

delfin posted:

I got 99 Mega Beet and 99 Mega Sunflower seeds from 99ing Farming. Is there anything specific to do with these besides insta-harvest via grape juice and using happy/spooky cookies to multiply output? Buddy's Almanac doesn't show a use for them, but are they sellable?

Hold on to them till your inventory is larger.

If you tried to use the cookies on them now you'd be voiding a lot. I feel like you need something like 1700 inventory space to use a cookie and a mega beet so you don't risk a void.

But yeah you'll just use GJ on them eventually and sell them off for a large profit.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I wouldn’t even bother using cookies on them. Cookies go for 50g each. With that 50g, you could buy 1250 LN and throw them in PC or GL for a much bigger profit. You could also just use the gold for upgrades you’re eyeing.

Only time I’ve used cookies is for time-locked quest requirements that I won’t finish otherwise.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ruggan posted:

I wouldn’t even bother using cookies on them. Cookies go for 50g each. With that 50g, you could buy 1250 LN and throw them in PC or GL for a much bigger profit. You could also just use the gold for upgrades you’re eyeing.

Only time I’ve used cookies is for time-locked quest requirements that I won’t finish otherwise.

Well I had no clue they were mailable lol

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Ruggan posted:

Where do they sell for gold, or where can you buy nets with gold? I have four happy and two spooky cookies and am not emotionally attached to any of them.

EDIT: Hang on. Do I need to expand my mailbox into the hundreds to even begin to consider trading for hundreds of LNs? I can't imagine how much gold that would cost. It'd be another 300 gold, almost all I currently have, just to get my mailbox up to 50 capacity.

delfin fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 26, 2022

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
I’ll take a Dancer (kaptainkaffeine in game) if anyone’s got one, I’ve got the rest. Gotten just a single grab bag so far. 😩

I’ve got an extra Rudolph if someone needs it.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

kaptainkaffeine posted:

I’ll take a Dancer (kaptainkaffeine in game) if anyone’s got one, I’ve got the rest. Gotten just a single grab bag so far. 😩

I’ve got an extra Rudolph if someone needs it.

check your mailbox

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch

oldskool posted:

check your mailbox

Thanks!!! Feels good to finish up that quest line.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

delfin posted:

Where do they sell for gold, or where can you buy nets with gold? I have four happy and two spooky cookies and am not emotionally attached to any of them.

EDIT: Hang on. Do I need to expand my mailbox into the hundreds to even begin to consider trading for hundreds of LNs? I can't imagine how much gold that would cost. It'd be another 300 gold, almost all I currently have, just to get my mailbox up to 50 capacity.

You can do it in the trade chat.

You don’t actually need to expand your mailbox it just makes it easier when you do trading. If the person is being honest and most people in the game are they will keep mailing you the nets as you clear out your box.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Over 120k stamina and close to 100 AP. I've gotten 600 million xp, seven Rudolphs and two milk and cookies, which became a holiday wreath and a bag of fish.

If anyone's got a spare dancer, or some m+c I'd be grateful, because I'm getting really tired of Satan's workshop

Edit: five minutes after that post, I got third drop - another holiday wreath. FFS.

NFX fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Dec 26, 2022

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Prancer is truly from growing peppers?

About 15k so far and no Prancer.

Don’t feel i can hand in the reindeer quest until i habe a spare.

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs

Ineptitude posted:

Prancer is truly from growing peppers?

About 15k so far and no Prancer.

Don’t feel i can hand in the reindeer quest until i habe a spare.

just one from a quest and by growing peppers. There’s a spoiler list of all the reindeer locations under Christmas 2022 FAQ in the library

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

NFX posted:

Over 120k stamina and close to 100 AP. I've gotten 600 million xp, seven Rudolphs and two milk and cookies, which became a holiday wreath and a bag of fish.

If anyone's got a spare dancer, or some m+c I'd be grateful, because I'm getting really tired of Satan's workshop

Edit: five minutes after that post, I got third drop - another holiday wreath. FFS.

You’re NFX in game too, yea? I don’t have what you asked for but I can send you some AP.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ruggan posted:

You’re NFX in game too, yea? I don’t have what you asked for but I can send you some AP.

Yup. I'm starting to feel as if it's on a "one drop per day" schedule rather than a fixed chance. I don't have the largest mailbox but I won't say no to APs :)

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
If someone still needs a Christmas card I’ve got 2 to hand out.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
I learned today that the more HP your raptors have, the longer it takes to recover between fights. I'd been wondering why my soap rate had plummeted even though my win rate hadn't changed much. Time to cycle in some fresh blood.

P.S. Sell your lava spheres today!

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I have my first 10 bil. Gut tells me to put in the storeroom for the extra 2 inventory a day, but is there anything else I should consider?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Saxophone posted:

I have my first 10 bil. Gut tells me to put in the storeroom for the extra 2 inventory a day, but is there anything else I should consider?

Imo no.

Do you have quite a few pets at 6? I took a lot of the pets to 6 before the store house.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Imo no.

Do you have quite a few pets at 6? I took a lot of the pets to 6 before the store house.

To be fair you also noticed that you needed the 1bn upgrade at the same time. :v:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

To be fair you also noticed that you needed the 1bn upgrade at the same time. :v:

True!

Some of the pets to 6 are pretty important to get some of the stuff you need rolling in though

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I just traded some gold for 500 LNs, and cashed those in for enough silver for my remaining sub-99 pets and to take Green Dragon and Husky to L6 (Husky maybe not the BEST choice but it'll half-pay for itself and I'm tired of hunting cogwheels).

So I now have Macaw, Python, Tree Frog, Green Dragon, Husky at 6, Owl staying at 5, Red Dragon at 5, Armadillo and Tarantula likely next to go to 6 after Red does. Bear will have to wait until I grind Explore up from 85.

Also, my first Raptor Egg hatched, and it has a Santa hat.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

rafikki posted:

Christmas ruined

And then I managed to farm up 2x gold potatoes today. Took around 50k potatoes, but I did it. The. I immediately GMed all of the new fish in like 3 minutes lol.

E: oh and apparently that got me the grand master badge too. I’ve got enough AK to get from my current level 110 to 149 in the tower now but only 250b silver. How are y’all making massive amounts of silver other than fishing? Even selling my spheres yesterday and today was barely a drop in the bucket.

rafikki fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 26, 2022

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Excellent news on the taters!

I only fish for money, sell the odd ring when I fill my inventory from exploring and that’s it really except when spheres are the IOTD.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I don't know if anyone has a Dancer left, but I can't find one and it's the last thing I need (except fliers ugh). It's a little frustrating that the community events for it failed. Same in game name as here.

I keep pushing my orchard when I have funds, but my limits are clearly the rare drops for main quests and my inventory filling up while I'm searching for it. I'm still stuck on Gold Leaves and it's much slower than anything else has been. I expect the extra XP from the event has made it more obvious by over leveling me rather than less frustrating.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Jhet posted:

I don't know if anyone has a Dancer left, but I can't find one and it's the last thing I need (except fliers ugh). It's a little frustrating that the community events for it failed. Same in game name as here.

I keep pushing my orchard when I have funds, but my limits are clearly the rare drops for main quests and my inventory filling up while I'm searching for it. I'm still stuck on Gold Leaves and it's much slower than anything else has been. I expect the extra XP from the event has made it more obvious by over leveling me rather than less frustrating.

check your mail

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

oldskool posted:

check your mail

A hero and a farmer. Thanks!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
FINALLY got my piece of heart. Also hit the 10k watermelon mastery a few hundred ago.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Also appreciate receiving that *^%#$ dancer. Can send out Christmas cards if anyone still needs one.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009
If anyone else has a spare Dancer, I would also appreciate it. I think I have just about all the rest just from faffing about.
Also--my first raptor should hatch any day now!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Just checked off another item on my holiday event bucket-list:
- Unlock new fishing zone (done)
- Hit T110 and expand orchard (done)
- Purchase 100bn crop row (done)
- Master Christmas trees (done)

What's left:
- The rest of this holiday quest line
- Master wreaths (maybe)
- Master snowmen (maybe)

Just threw enough nets to make 250bn as well. Yipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Got another milk and cookies right after the server reset (grab bag! At least it's better than the wreath). Hard to tell with the RNG but I'm even more convinced of my "once a day" theory now.