Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Angepain posted:

didn't this guy vote for the tories

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I've travelled around this country
Harassing people on the dole
And it really makes me wonder
What poo poo I'll rhyme with sausage roll

But the food bank's out of tinned food
With a guard at every door
And the cunts that keep them needed
Are the cunts I voted for

Give me a Christmas number one you cocks.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Sorry to hear Clarence.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
I know this was from way back but one brand name that always gets a guffaw out of me whenever I see it in UK stores is this one:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Only Kindness posted:

If I'm Prime Minister and a food bank opens up in my country, that's me firing my cabinet, resigning and calling a GE, cos that's me failed.

"Failed" as in the phrase "failed state".

You wouldn't have one go at fixing your mistake?

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

bessantj posted:

You wouldn't have one go at fixing your mistake?

If it gets to that point the mistake's already unfixable.

The point is the shame, not the logistics.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Only Kindness posted:

If it gets to that point the mistake's already unfixable.

The point is the shame, not the logistics.

Yeah, I think the error here is assuming that any politician who's run down their country to the point of it needing foodbanks is capable of feeling shame.

Watch It Burn
Apr 8, 2009

It is astounding how many brains one woman has managed to annihilate completely. And also hilarious.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Runcible Cat posted:

Yeah, I think the error here is assuming that any politician who's run down their country to the point of it needing foodbanks is capable of feeling shame.

To be fair, it's possible for economic poo poo to happen that is beyond the control of politicians to prevent. This doesn't apply to the Tories, though; they have actively and intentionally caused the circumstances leading to the need for food banks.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Runcible Cat posted:

Or fixing the poo poo they explicitly made happen. It's like buying a poo poo second hand car and then taking it to the same garage to get it fixed.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Or fixing the poo poo they explicitly made happen. It's like buying a poo poo second hand car and then taking it to the same garage to get it fixed.

I'm not sure that's a great analogy, but also people do this all the time so maybe it is.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Clarence posted:

I didn't post yesterday so as not to bring the mood down but this gives me an opportunity to reply in a dark humour sort of way.

Condolences mate. Had to bury my nan days before Christmas which was her favourite time of year, so there's definitely a shadow over the day. But hey, it was her favourite time of year so we're going to be cheerful in her honour, she'd be mortified at the thought she brought the day down.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Condolences mate. Had to bury my nan days before Christmas which was her favourite time of year, so there's definitely a shadow over the day. But hey, it was her favourite time of year so we're going to be cheerful in her honour, she'd be mortified at the thought she brought the day down.

I mean in the strictest sense, she's already mortified.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Freudian posted:

I mean in the strictest sense, she's already mortified.

As I hit post I just knew someone was going to point this out.

Here's your reward https://twitter.com/Luiseach/status/1607016896825643010

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Abby Shapiro's brotherhusband has some views on everyone's favourite film The Onion That Couldn't Slow Down:

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1607358237724098561

Seems Ben is a little short on media literacy.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Sweet, I'm gonna watch it tomorrow so great to know it's actually very good

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Only Kindness posted:

Abby Shapiro's brotherhusband has some views on everyone's favourite film The Onion That Couldn't Slow Down:

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1607358237724098561

Seems Ben is a little short on media literacy.

He is aghast that a mystery film would withhold information from the viewer to misdirect them

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Buckle up for my 50 tweet thread on why an over-reliance on formulaic 'clues' and the illusion of audience participation make "Blue's Clues" terrible television (1/50)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah don't read that if you want to see the film first, but sure enough he's missed the point by quite a margin, and absolutely furious that the billionaire and his followers are depicted as absolute dipshit losers.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Yeah don't read that if you want to see the film first, but sure enough he's missed the point by quite a margin, and absolutely furious that the billionaire and his followers are depicted as absolute dipshit losers.

Speaking of which I watched that YouTube about scrooge that was posted itt and I enjoyed it, goonever you were

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

It's a loving film for god's sake. That's like telling me not to watch Geordie Shore because it relies on housing a load of loving idiots together, plying them with alcohol, and waiting for them to embarrass themselves. I'm still going to watch it.

Well not for the last few series, but believe me I watched plenty.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I enjoyed Glass Onion plenty, but even more in retrospect knowing it's boiling Ben Shapiro's piss

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

"Actually, you don't have my nose. I just checked, it's still on my face. Now who looks like an idiot?"

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I think I ate too much Karpatka

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

*looks up karpatka*

No right thinking person could hold you at fault for that.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Mega Comrade posted:

I think I ate too much Karpatka

What, the girl who played Sally Draper?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Only Kindness posted:

What, the girl who played Sally Draper?

no you idiot that's Anna Kournikova

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
Hola goons! Another lurker coming out to say I'm glad I've had you lot to read along with this year, and that I have a relatively normal family, even if my parents are going deaf and in denial, and they nearly set fire to the tablecloth when they used 80% proof rum to ignite the Christmas pudding.

Also I get fatter and drinker with family than at home :cheers:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tesla was right posted:

Hola goons! Another lurker coming out to say I'm glad I've had you lot to read along with this year, and that I have a relatively normal family, even if my parents are going deaf and in denial, and they nearly set fire to the tablecloth when they used 80% proof rum to ignite the Christmas pudding.

Also I get fatter and drinker with family than at home :cheers:

hell yeah, thanks for posting and always feel welcome to do so, and glad you had a good one!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

no you idiot that's Anna Kournikova
Wasn't that a novel by Leon Trotsky?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The bad guy from the left behind series.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The best Christmas gift of all is posts

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Lurkers :justpost: imho. We're only gonna talk about you when you're not here anyway, so you might as well.

If you're stuck, why not make a post in the format What are you blokes thoughts on ______________? and go from there, that's always a winner!

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Maybe I should post more instead of lurking this thread for 3 more years!

Um...terfs are angry because H from steps downloaded a blocklist which had a load of terfs. that's the hot news of the day.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Skeletome posted:

Um...terfs are angry because H from steps downloaded a blocklist which had a load of terfs. that's the hot news of the day.

Lmao really? They care passionately about the opinion of H from Steps? That's amazing

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Noxville posted:

He is aghast that a mystery film would withhold information from the viewer to misdirect them

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1607358398231908352

He really is profoundly stupid

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I didn't know who that was. My partner informed me his name is Ian Watkins and I was quite confused when I googled that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Skeletome posted:

You will if you know what's good for you! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Lmao really? They care passionately about the opinion of H from Steps? That's amazing

Considering all the abuse he got for sharing a name with the other Ian Watkins, I'm sure he's resilient enough not to care what terfs think.