Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Arivia posted:

i thought that like the lack of flavour in those drinks was just an overplayed joke

then someone offered me a can of bubly yesterday at the family christmas get-together

it was "black cherry"

i took a sip. it was carbonated water. i could maybe smell the cherry if i tried hard.

the jokes were real.

some flavors have more taste than others. I like the key lime one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

For waking up in the morning, decaf Assam with milk and sugar.

For actually tasting, China Yin Zhen Bai Hao Downy White Pekoe. But I have a new Chinese tea I haven't tasted yet, so who knows?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

The plastic thing has been said a couple of times in the last few pages, but glorious Yorkshire Tea comes in plant based bags.

thats good to know, I like to ignorant of the minor ways capitalism effaces my divinity

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'll never forgive Upton for updating their webpage so it's no longer like ordering directly from a wholesaler's inventory system (pretty sure they also raised the prices when they did this)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How do I find out if the tea I'm using has plastic in it.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Centrist Committee posted:

thats good to know, I like to ignorant of the minor ways capitalism effaces my divinity

Everything you like is secretly awful and you should feel awful all of the time

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Everything you like is secretly awful and you should feel awful all of the time

one step ahead of you

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

In Training posted:

empty the bag and set the bag on fire. maybe try dissolving in acetone.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

when I was younger I read a stupid book about a human designed bacteria that ate plastic

I think there may have been more than one book with the same idea

it didn’t turn out well but they should still do it irl

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

Tea tastes like dirt.

if you mainly drink monster gamer fuel then yes

you might also not be steeping it for the rigtht amount of time, or not heating the water to the proper temp

i like boiling/210 and then five minutes for herbal and black

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Armadillo Tank posted:

*turns to camera with slight smile and burning eyes*
same

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

when I was younger I read a stupid book about a human designed bacteria that ate plastic

There's already bacteria that eat some plastics, and there's evidence that there's other ones that have recently evolved that we haven't actually been able to find yet, because something's breaking down certain microplastics in the ocean that shouldn't be capable of being broken down.

I mean we kinda created the perfect environment to evolve plastic-eating bacteria if you think about it. Plastic's got a ton of energy in it if you can unlock it so it would make a great bacteria food, and we dumped an unbelievable amount of it into an enormous volume of warm bacteria-filled ocean water that's also full of other nutrients n' sunlight and stuff.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

actionjackson posted:

you might also not be steeping it for the rigtht amount of time, or not heating the water to the proper temp

Yeah I didn't like tea until I actually made it right. It's like saying you don't like coffee cuz you've only ever had the ultra-burnt stuff from a diner that has been sitting in the pot for 6 hours.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

There's already bacteria that eat some plastics, and there's evidence that there's other ones that have recently evolved that we haven't actually been able to find yet, because something's breaking down certain microplastics in the ocean that shouldn't be capable of being broken down.

I mean we kinda created the perfect environment to evolve plastic-eating bacteria if you think about it. Plastic's got a ton of energy in it if you can unlock it so it would make a great bacteria food, and we dumped an unbelievable amount of it into an enormous volume of warm bacteria-filled ocean water that's also full of other nutrients n' sunlight and stuff.

okay good I’m sure that won’t turn out bad somehow

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Plastic eating probiotics will be the hot item of 2030

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Epic High Five posted:

I'll never forgive Upton for updating their webpage so it's no longer like ordering directly from a wholesaler's inventory system (pretty sure they also raised the prices when they did this)
Furthermore, they cancelled one of my favorites, "Huang Shan Sunset".

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Professor Shark posted:

"the andromeda strain" by michael "mercifully small penis" crichton had a bacteria, collected from space, that evolved into a form that shredded polymers into a fine powder

oh come on, put the goatse back you coward

i kid, there was no goatse there

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Assuming you bought a lift-out filter for your teapot and/or your mug, it's slightly easier than making French-press coffee, because you don't have to grind the beans first.

We've been using Chatsford teapots for thirty years, but there are several other brands that do the same thing.
I think every teapot I've seen for sale for at least the past decade has had an infuser basket. It's just a standard part of a teapot these days.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

You can buy one that's meant to go in any arbitrary cup or mug for like five bucks too so

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I don't drink tea; I drink coffee like a real 'murican :911:

I'm probably one of the few southerners who never developed a taste for tea, either hot or iced.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Southern iced tea is all about the sugar anyhow.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Professor Shark posted:

This one? https://www.amazon.com/Mutant-59-Plastic-Eaters-Kit-Pedler/dp/B000ZKSHGO

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

In Training posted:

It does.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

actionjackson posted:

counterpoint: most puer intentionally tastes like dirt and is good

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

you basically compost the tea leaves after roasting them, and let them actually ferment. If you've ever raked fallen leaves in fall that earthy smell is a big part of this tea, though it comes in many gradations.

Green tea = Picked and dried
Red Tea = roasted and oxidized (westerners call this black tea)
Black tea = fermented

But the fermenting doesn't only add earthy dark and rich tones, it can also make the tea more mild. depends on the process. so sometimes you order puer cause you want the earthiness and you get the lightest golden tea.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

rooibos/herbal/camomile/yerba mate etc are not tea. tea comes from one plant

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Went to a place that did fancy tea once and they severed several rounds of warm water with like a stick in it

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i just put a teabag in a cup with some tap water and microwave it

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Antonymous posted:

sure, they're herbal teas

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Antonymous posted:

and it's not tea unless it comes from that one province in south-western china. otherwise it's sparkling :jerkbag:

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

might as well say coffee is a kind of tea at that point

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

my kid? he'll have the hot coco tea with marshmallows

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Its bean tea

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
Pov: you are literally going to explode from rage at the herbal tea promoted by broke nepo babies on instagram

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Shame Boy posted:

good

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Tea comes in a can, it was put there by a man.

No wait that's pussy.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

Was it the one where it destroyed all computers (because it ate silicon too) and everyone had to go back to analog stuff?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Love to destroy perfectly good bikes to prove a stupid point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjuyiFyzxNQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Australia did that but with guns.

USA are a bunch of cowards.