Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i think purely as a matter of military strategy texas should have tried to prevent the israelis from landing tanks in texas and should probably stop deploying troops on horseback cosplayed as sioux warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1607504838169972736?s=20&t=4hYLGXuHqIgYDYPC_znvbg
https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1607507045758164996?s=20&t=4hYLGXuHqIgYDYPC_znvbg

it can still hit below $100 by new years!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'd it crashes enough does it, like, unsplit?

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

I'd it crashes enough does it, like, unsplit?

Not, like, automatically, if that’s what you mean. but companies like to keep their stock between $100 and $500, so if it crashes enough some companies might decide to do a reverse split. not tesla though, it’d feel like losing and they really cannot stand to look like losers.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

wait is the stock exchange open this week? I'd assumed it was closed until new years

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SolTerrasa posted:

they really cannot stand to look like losers.

I take your claim and counter: every tweet musk has ever made

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

wait is the stock exchange open this week? I'd assumed it was closed until new years

only closed today (christmas obvserved) and jan 2 (new years day observed)

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

nope, just normal official holidays

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i love the idea of texans just itching to break away and join mexico, i wanna live in that weird-rear end world

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
So someone made a grafana dashboard with various Twitter metrics, first amongst them latency measurements of Sacramento and Atlanta, and guess what happened right around Elon's "Twitter is Rube Goldberg, doesn't break when unplugging essential things" tweets:

https://deadbird.singlepane.io/d/Z_aqE2d4z/twitter-death-watch-basic-overview?orgId=4&from=1671609600000&to=1671955199000

Not only does the median latency pop up, but the density of the latency measurements under about 100ms thins out dramatically. Wouldn't have imagined such a visible discontinuity, there you go.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

i love the idea of texans just itching to break away and join mexico, i wanna live in that weird-rear end world

many texans would love to break away and then try to conquer mexico

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
is that internal latency of handling requests or latency to customer, because the round-trip latency bump of going from e.g. sf to atlanta instead of sacramento is like 20ms

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Ultraklystron posted:

So someone made a grafana dashboard with various Twitter metrics, first amongst them latency measurements of Sacramento and Atlanta, and guess what happened right around Elon's "Twitter is Rube Goldberg, doesn't break when unplugging essential things" tweets:

https://deadbird.singlepane.io/d/Z_aqE2d4z/twitter-death-watch-basic-overview?orgId=4&from=1671609600000&to=1671955199000

Not only does the median latency pop up, but the density of the latency measurements under about 100ms thins out dramatically. Wouldn't have imagined such a visible discontinuity, there you go.

wasn't that 12/24 though

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

somebody tell the Russian player that in game social networks are supposed to be in character and to stop trying to make the HRE happen, it doesn’t have to happen just because it’s in the game as a joke

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

rjmccall posted:

is that internal latency of handling requests or latency to customer, because the round-trip latency bump of going from e.g. sf to atlanta instead of sacramento is like 20ms

I'd guess it's an external, though it looks like both Sacramento and Atlanta pop up 20ms.

Beeftweeter posted:

wasn't that 12/24 though

Huh, maybe the timezones offset for the graph. I guess the question is "was his jet in Sacramento around then?" Even then, he could've told someone else to do the actual disconnecting.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Ultraklystron posted:

I'd guess it's an external, though it looks like both Sacramento and Atlanta pop up 20ms.

Huh, maybe the timezones offset for the graph. I guess the question is "was his jet in Sacramento around then?" Even then, he could've told someone else to do the actual disconnecting.

that's plausible i guess, but it'd be odd for it to happen at exactly midnight in whatever time zone. maybe they just didn't pay? lol

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/bartenderhemry/status/1607465153297264640?s=46&t=m9TQJljHRMspdxeDOdbowA

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Shame Boy posted:

I'd jizz myself silly watching Texan douchebags come across the Mexican cartels.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah the new republic of texas would be a full on narcostate with huge chemical production infrastructure

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

the "mis-" is silent

Elon when his texts to Grimes are left on read

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I’d love to see Greg abott deal with the migrant crisis by just turning his state into the same country the migrants are coming from, those predictions are really rock solid

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Beeftweeter posted:

that's plausible i guess, but it'd be odd for it to happen at exactly midnight in whatever time zone. maybe they just didn't pay? lol

I feel like we'd have zero traffic to Sac then rather than a partial degradation in latency in that case.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

they probably just shut down peering with whatever provider cost the most (and happened to be a couple ms faster on average than other providers)

it isn't like twitter has a single isp at their datacenters. they're gonna have multiple circuits to each of multiple peers

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

dum-dum's plane flew from denver to austin, spent less than an hour on the ground, and is now about to land back in sacramento

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

nudgenudgetilt posted:

dum-dum's plane flew from denver to austin, spent less than an hour on the ground, and is now about to land back in sacramento

And off again it goes about 30 minutes later - what the hell is he doing?

https://mastodon.social/@elonjet/109583881415690462

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Ultraklystron posted:

And off again it goes about 30 minutes later - what the hell is he doing?

https://mastodon.social/@elonjet/109583881415690462

saving da planet from climate change and the woke mind virus

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Musk might not be on it? Perhaps this is a cheaper/easier way for pilot to get necessary flight hours before the end of the year?

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Concerned Citizen posted:

Musk might not be on it? Perhaps this is a cheaper/easier way for pilot to get necessary flight hours before the end of the year?

Musk using up the carbon offsets he bought from himself.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

ya or he’s flying it around empty to gently caress with people/be petty

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

he’s rich so he’s addicted to flying everywhere to feel important.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1607603002805731330?s=46&t=7R3e1GGiCcq-5QriuZbcOg

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

twitter was wild in the late 00s. as an 80s kid, the concept of celebrity was so far out of reach to you - you saw them on tv and movies but there was no way you could find out about your favorite movie star or musician unless you read an interview in a magazine or saw something on tv. nevermind the possibility to actually interact with them. and then twitter came around and you could basically eavesdrop on real time conversations, and sometimes arguments, between your idols. some accounts were obviously run by publicists but others were genuine and it was kind of an unreal, first time in history, kind of feeling to be part of. i dunno if gen z will have the same experience tbh. thank u for reading my essay on how Twitter was once kinda cool

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

polyester concept posted:

twitter was wild in the late 00s. as an 80s kid, the concept of celebrity was so far out of reach to you - you saw them on tv and movies but there was no way you could find out about your favorite movie star or musician unless you read an interview in a magazine or saw something on tv. nevermind the possibility to actually interact with them. and then twitter came around and you could basically eavesdrop on real time conversations, and sometimes arguments, between your idols. some accounts were obviously run by publicists but others were genuine and it was kind of an unreal, first time in history, kind of feeling to be part of. i dunno if gen z will have the same experience tbh. thank u for reading my essay on how Twitter was once kinda cool
all just the necessary growing pains for a south african billionaire to be able to "like" transphobia and doxxing

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Back to Austin he went. So weird: https://mastodon.social/@elonjet/109584478332860120

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

left x in the data center

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

theflyingexecutive posted:

left x in the data center

That would be a first. All of his ex's have left him.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

You're not prepared.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

polyester concept posted:

wheatus of teenage dirtbag baby fame liked my tweet the other day and that was nice, and I did listen to iron maiden, baby

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
thats'a spicy premarket.. loitering at 116 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/Meat__Hook/status/1607666384095350784