Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

War and Pieces posted:

gently caress you rotoscope is proven to traumatize the most children and is there for the superior medium

that's right. lol bakshi was extremely discomforting to watch as a kid

has anyone actually watched any of bakshis other movies like coonskin or wizards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Xaris posted:

has anyone actually watched any of bakshis other movies like coonskin or wizards?

I watch wizards a lot actually. it's super good.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Currently watching Charlotte's Web (2006) with my daughter, who voraciously devours all barnyard-themed content and so is satisfied. This movie is an early example of the celebrity-voice-acting thing, with varying levels of effort from the actors. Steve Buscemi is ok as the rat; Cedric the Entertainer is phoning it in; John Cleese is just doing a John Cleese voice. Anyway I think it could use less spider

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

apatheticman posted:

To tie some humanity to the main villain for his inevitable face turn in the 3rd movie.

i mean yeah but he gets so much screentime and he sucks so much. also all the other characters mostly just ignore him? loving james cameron man

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

loquacius posted:

Currently watching Charlotte's Web (2006) with my daughter, who voraciously devours all barnyard-themed content and so is satisfied. This movie is an early example of the celebrity-voice-acting thing, with varying levels of effort from the actors. Steve Buscemi is ok as the rat; Cedric the Entertainer is phoning it in; John Cleese is just doing a John Cleese voice. Anyway I think it could use less spider

It sounds like A Private Function would be right up her alley. just watched last week and the pig was funny and pooed everywhere.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

SorePotato posted:

The best part about knives out / glass Onion is Daniel Craig's extremely goofy accent

https://twitter.com/i_zzzzzz/status/567091457270751233

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

a strange fowl posted:

peter jackson pilfered ralph bakshi's work shot by shot and then tried to deny he'd ever seen bakshi's lotr. he's a wastrel and i'm glad the hobbit happened to him

More and more people saying Jackson is a union busting, plagiarizing piece of poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man even if you take it as a given that the animals can talk to each other, it's still weird that this spider is literate in English text. Who taught this spider to read and write???

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

babypolis posted:

the more i think about avatar 2 the more baffling it becomes. like nobody i saw it with could explain or understand why spider was in the movie

because he’s the human friend of Jake and Neytiri’s children.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
I was looking at the simpsons gbs thread and got to march of this year.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846107&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=895#post522428976

Best Pop culture moment of 2022.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

I think I read somewhere Craig was trying to imitate Shelby Foote so all he needs in the next movie is a monologue about how Nathan Bedford Forrest did nothing wrong.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I was looking at the simpsons gbs thread and got to march of this year.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846107&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=895#post522428976

Best Pop culture moment of 2022.

haha wow

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

babypolis posted:

the more i think about avatar 2 the more baffling it becomes. like nobody i saw it with could explain or understand why spider was in the movie

It's clearly to set up a redemption arc for his dad, but I don't remember when his dad hosed in the first movie.

Or it's this:

Communist Thoughts posted:

He's the human friend of jake and neytiris children

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

what exactly do you think the deep state is

:golfclap:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

babypolis posted:

Does spider (hfoj&nc) take the role of audience avatar, where he's a stand in for kids, like Robin to Batman?

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Bro Dad posted:

beyond the white night (part 3 of the series) is about the powers that be batman hosed with took advantage of his noble self-imprisonment by seizing his entire fortune away from the city and privatized all his tech because loving surprise they get to decide what the law is

Some Guy TT posted:

what exactly do you think the deep state is

okay both of you seem to be wrong, i think.

Batman: Curse of the White Knight - seems to be where the deep state steps in. The second part of the series so far.

Because I'm reading it right now. Page 43 of the Deluxe Edition

Oglethorpe has issued a correction as of 23:06 on Dec 26, 2022

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In the last act of Avatar 2, Spider (human friend of Jake and Neytiri's children) saves Pandora by weaving a giant web with the words "SOME PLANET" written in it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

In the last act of Avatar 2, Spider (human friend of Jake and Neytiri's children) saves Pandora by weaving a giant web with the words "SOME PLANET" written in it

My favorite part of Avatar 2 was when Spider, the human friend of Jake and Neytiri's children, was taken hostage by Neytiri, and she threatened to murder him, because he was actually an intolerable character. I actually cheered at Spider, the human friend of Jake and Neytiri's children's, possible death.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lotta slander and hearsay about spider, the human friend of jake and neytiri's children, ITT

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Mantis42 posted:

the animated LOTR is garbage. Half the time it isn't even animated
that's because they ran out of money. half the magic is picking the scenes that were done when everyone was still well-paid and full of enthusiasm, versus the ones that the animators threw together in five minutes and bakshi paid them in secondhand weed smoke

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Xaris posted:

i have seen them all.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

a strange fowl posted:

i have seen them all.

is coonskin good

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Xaris posted:

is coonskin good
um, it depends on what you mean by good

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I watch wizards a lot actually. it's super good.
wizards is a treasure, there will never be anything else like it

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Bakshi did Fire and Ice right? that sucked.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

galagazombie posted:

Bakshi did Fire and Ice right? that sucked.
lmao yes that one was garbage. total garbage. trash

heavy traffic is the one i implore everybody to watch

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i don't implore anybody to watch cool world because it is unwatchable, but i transcribed it on these forums for reasons i will never be able to explain

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974175

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I somehow saw Wizards as a kid and as time passed I came to the conclusion that I dreamed it. as an adult I discovered that it was real.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

uber_stoat posted:

I somehow saw Wizards as a kid and as time passed I came to the conclusion that I dreamed it. as an adult I discovered that it was real.
that was me with lotr. i tried to watch it while i was home sick from school one day, i was like 9, and for years i had no recollection of having watched it, just this troubling feverish half-memory of whirling red kaleidscope skies and beards, beards, just huge white billowing beards floating everywhere

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

insane bakshi gandalf is the only gandalf. he eclipses the original; all subsequent gandalves are but a homage.

a strange fowl has issued a correction as of 00:47 on Dec 27, 2022

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Antonymous posted:

Zizek passes the movie sniff test but he does say 'coke makes you more thirsty, chocolate makes you constipated' and his stuff on physics seems way off. but at least they're all analogies

zizek's body simply does not react normally to most substances anymore due to his intense dumpster adaptation syndrome

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Zizek passes all sniff tests

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

SorePotato posted:

The best part about knives out / glass Onion is Daniel Craig's extremely goofy accent

said it before itt gonna say it again —— watch LOGAN LUCKY, steven soderbergh's ocean's-11-in-west-virginia heist movie about channing tatum, daniel craig, adam drive, and riley keough (all doing goofy southern accents) stealing big from a NASCAR race/stadium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPzvKH8AVf0

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKRv32_9FPE

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Does spider (hfoj&nc) take the role of audience avatar, where he's a stand in for kids, like Robin to Batman?

no, Spider takes on the role of human friend of Jake and Neytiri's children

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Well they torture him for a bit so yeah.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

said it before itt gonna say it again —— watch LOGAN LUCKY, steven soderbergh's ocean's-11-in-west-virginia heist movie about channing tatum, daniel craig, adam drive, and riley keough (all doing goofy southern accents) stealing big from a NASCAR race/stadium

The GRRM joke during the prison uprising negotiation gets better every year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-CUJxIQkpA

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Xaris posted:

is coonskin good

nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
the opening to Coonskin is really good