Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the big houses are comedically big, even filling out a medium has been more trouble than it was worth for my smaller FC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Way late to this but real life got in the way for a while.

Finally finished the Endwalker MSQ. Will the devs ever be able to top this? Have we now already played peak FFXIV?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Countblanc posted:

the big houses are comedically big, even filling out a medium has been more trouble than it was worth for my smaller FC

This is a skill issue IMO. We're basically sealed off the basement to our large and left it as a photo studio because we used so many items in the first and second floors to make things look pretty.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you arent wrong but also I have to assume the number of people who have interest in turning an entire floor of their house into a photo studio is small enough that the Large Shortage is probably not a big deal and is more people understandably assuming that having more space is always better

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

ColdIronsBound posted:

Way late to this but real life got in the way for a while.

Finally finished the Endwalker MSQ. Will the devs ever be able to top this? Have we now already played peak FFXIV?

Who know, the endwalker post patch msq has been a fun ride so far but nobody knows where they're taking it

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Petition to add Shadow the Hedgehog Volg the Chocobo to XIV.

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1606288767970590721

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I thought that game was shutting down or something

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

HackensackBackpack posted:

:hmmyes:

Make the Chocobo series canon to XIV too. Alpha is like right there!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Macaluso posted:

I thought that game was shutting down or something

Isn't that the game that patched in a shitload of bad microtransactions after it released so they wouldn't show up in reviews?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

they're ending the season pass and mtx stuff but afaik the game's online will still be functional

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Detheros posted:

Isn't that the game that patched in a shitload of bad microtransactions after it released so they wouldn't show up in reviews?

They got tons of backlash because it was microtransactions and grind up the wazoo when it launched. A bunch of stuff was patched, but I guess people are still playing it if they're making new seasons.

I played the free demo when it launched, but didn't like it that much, tbqh. I just thought that obvious Shadow chocobo was funny.

The most recent Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon has a ton of microtransactions too, at least from what I've seen in the Switch store.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They got tons of backlash because it was microtransactions and grind up the wazoo when it launched. A bunch of stuff was patched, but I guess people are still playing it if they're making new seasons.

I played the free demo when it launched, but didn't like it that much, tbqh. I just thought that obvious Shadow chocobo was funny.

The most recent Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon has a ton of microtransactions too, at least from what I've seen in the Switch store.

Are you talking about Every Buddy? I don't remember anything like that when I played, but that was at launch so maybe they added it afterwards?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Are you talking about Every Buddy? I don't remember anything like that when I played, but that was at launch so maybe they added it afterwards?

I just remember seeing a bunch of different Job things that were like $2 each when I last looked it up.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just remember seeing a bunch of different Job things that were like $2 each when I last looked it up.

Looking at it, it seems to be job based buddies you can take with you into dungeons. I can confirm all those jobs are unlockable in game.

Still dumb DLC though.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

:fut: They can't wark you if they're kweh!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I want a Primal cover of Crazy Chocobo ASAP

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

...this was funnier in my head. (Endwalker spoilers)

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

jjac posted:

...this was funnier in my head. (Endwalker spoilers)

Please explain this joke it's way too esoteric for me

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

NachtSieger posted:

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

NachtSieger posted:

The "stylish" clothing the lopporits made for everyone

It made me laugh a little once I figured it out!

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Okay, once I remembered that I had a good chuckle.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I like that the Tataru quest chain is getting me to do old content I never got around to, like the Four Lord's quest chain for the next segment!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Reminder that the Series 2 PvP rewards will be changing with 6.3 on January 10th. If you're looking to get the items from that, you've got a little bit of time left but not a lot. I know I wanted the mount, but I wound up taking more time off FFXIV this patch than I expected so I'm playing catch-up myself.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I like that the Tataru quest chain is getting me to do old content I never got around to, like the Four Lord's quest chain for the next segment!

You've been missing on really good fights then, enjoy yourself and pump up the BGM

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Zanael posted:

You've been missing on really good fights then, enjoy yourself and pump up the BGM

TENZEN AAAAUGH I NEED YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Speaking of Tataru's Grand Endeavor (from the official FFXIV Blog, where they interviewed the lead item designer):
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1607655839082643456?t=W15e92YXodPkeA_AHl4iFQ&s=19

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Zeruel posted:

TENZEN AAAAUGH I NEED YOU
[Bassline and jpop singer intensifies]
Fun fact if not already known : it's Krile's JP VA on Suzaku and the song that goes with her fight

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Jesus. 42% of my Steam gaming was FFXIV. The monthly graph made me chuckle, though.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Onean posted:

Jesus. 42% of my Steam gaming was FFXIV. The monthly graph made me chuckle, though.

ah, I see you participate in No-Nutkin November

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ah, I've been found out, how shameful.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Steam Replay's telling me what I already know, that I mostly log in for the holiday events.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Onean posted:

Reminder that the Series 2 PvP rewards will be changing with 6.3 on January 10th. If you're looking to get the items from that, you've got a little bit of time left but not a lot. I know I wanted the mount, but I wound up taking more time off FFXIV this patch than I expected so I'm playing catch-up myself.

Addendum: Frontlines roulette is a free 1k Series EXP per day, it'll definitely help because it gets a little grindy at Series lvl 20 (but you only need 25 for the mount thankfully)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MechaX posted:

Addendum: Frontlines roulette is a free 1k Series EXP per day, it'll definitely help because it gets a little grindy at Series lvl 20 (but you only need 25 for the mount thankfully)

It's not worth the time investment over slamming out more CC matches, especially if it's Seal Rock or Secure.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Onean posted:

Speaking of Tataru's Grand Endeavor (from the official FFXIV Blog, where they interviewed the lead item designer):
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1607655839082643456?t=W15e92YXodPkeA_AHl4iFQ&s=19

my eternal enemy who keeps making all the casting/healing sets dresses

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
god i can't wait until all the bunboys are wearing that outfit

what a blessing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Please send help:

Only 50 levels across all jobs to go, though.