Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Still unable to open Collector's Caches or Season caches. My shop has been the same since 12/22. I haven't gotten any daily rewards. All I can do is play matches. I've reinstalled, cleared cache, tried it on Steam. Support is useless. Discord is useless. There's about 15 other people there with the same issue and absolutely zero useful support help. "Link your account and reinstall!" gently caress off, I've done that a dozen times now! No winter rewards really sucks. I get that it's Christmas time but at least pretend to care and say you're looking into it. I better get compensated for this poo poo.

I've read that ad blockers will stop the boxes and shop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

mirror123 posted:

If you have initiative he kills them face down right? At least Fisk towers did when I juggernauted someone there.

It does, which tbqh is kind of funky, since I don't believe other cards get destroyed when a destroy ability is used and their face down? Weird to see a card that isn't technically played still get destroyed. Card Games :shepicide:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Gang, I'm all aboard the Hazmat train

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

cirus posted:

I've read that ad blockers will stop the boxes and shop

I don't have anything special on my phone that I didn't have before unlocking the Collector's Cache.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If it makes you feel better my caches are working fine and I still haven't unlocked any of the winter variants

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Studio posted:

Gang, I'm all aboard the Hazmat train

I got bodied by a Wong, Luke Cage, Hazmat deck! Cool variant, congrats, goon.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

If it makes you feel better my caches are working fine and I still haven't unlocked any of the winter variants

yeah I haven't gotten a single on either and I've probably opened a good 40-50 by now

New Leaf posted:

Still unable to open Collector's Caches or Season caches. My shop has been the same since 12/22. I haven't gotten any daily rewards. All I can do is play matches. I've reinstalled, cleared cache, tried it on Steam. Support is useless. Discord is useless. There's about 15 other people there with the same issue and absolutely zero useful support help. "Link your account and reinstall!" gently caress off, I've done that a dozen times now! No winter rewards really sucks. I get that it's Christmas time but at least pretend to care and say you're looking into it. I better get compensated for this poo poo.

seriously tho it sucks that your game is borked my goon

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Opopanax posted:

The cards aren't considered played until they flip, which is very important to know if you're using her

Yeah, I'm aware, and it's really useful for mystique plays, but the no- move stood out since iirc Aero can move face-down cards on play

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ok the game hosed up earlier somehow and cost me a win

I had Wolfsbane down on a location with three other cards there, and at the end of the game the card’s power was still stuck at 1

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Ok the game hosed up earlier somehow and cost me a win

I had Wolfsbane down on a location with three other cards there, and at the end of the game the card’s power was still stuck at 1

And no powers or location things that would cause it?

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

Vulpes posted:

Interesting interaction that just lost me 8 cubes, Wong - Black Panther - Arnim Zola. Even if Zola moves Wong first, the game still fires Zola's effect again, so you end up with two 64 power BPs at each other location (since they double twice again thanks to Wong).

Hard to tell if this is even working as intended given the inconsistencies in some of the mechanics. But it doesn't 'feel' right.

I run this on purpose along with White Tiger and Odin and call it Big Cats.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
I've been playing this She-Hulk + Death deck and really enjoying it. Any suggestions to change anything up? Yondu is not my favorite as it can potentially be beneficial for the opponent but it also helps get Death out.

quote:

# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Nova
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Wave
# (3) Deathlok
# (5) Aero
# (6) Leader
# (6) She-Hulk
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVhZGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOb3ZhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCdWNreUJhcm5lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRobG9rIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGVIdWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcXVpcnJlbEdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldhdmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IllvbmR1In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Also are there any good strategies for Wave? In this deck I can use her on turn 5 to mess with opponent combo decks and also allow me to do both She-Hulk and Death on 6. It seems like there's some cases when I would potentially like to Wave turn 3 and Leader turn 4 to catch them playing a big card early. What other big brain plays am I not thinking about?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

gently caress Darkhawk.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

My opponent got Darkhawk from the hub and then 5 rocks were added by Subterranea so yeah the universe made me hate Darkhawk

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is ghost rider really most usable when you get Hela? I find I put him in my discard/morb deck and don't really use him a lot.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Radioactive Toy posted:

I've been playing this She-Hulk + Death deck and really enjoying it. Any suggestions to change anything up? Yondu is not my favorite as it can potentially be beneficial for the opponent but it also helps get Death out.

Also are there any good strategies for Wave? In this deck I can use her on turn 5 to mess with opponent combo decks and also allow me to do both She-Hulk and Death on 6. It seems like there's some cases when I would potentially like to Wave turn 3 and Leader turn 4 to catch them playing a big card early. What other big brain plays am I not thinking about?

Replace the Nova with The Hood and you're running the She-Hulk Baero deck from the current tier list.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

mirror123 posted:

If you have initiative he kills them face down right? At least Fisk towers did when I juggernauted someone there.

Nah colossus was face up which is why it was so crazy. I'm guessing the game DOES NOT apply rules from a card when said card is moved before a location/other cards.

Joink fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 27, 2022

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Radioactive Toy posted:

I run an interesting variant on the Deathwave list where I have Death and Moon Girl to get two Deaths, and try to go for the full 9 kills in a game. It might be interesting to stick She-Hulk into that (I don't have her).

The list:

(1) The Hood
(1) Squirrel Girl
(1) Nova
(1) Yondy
(2) Bucky Barnes
(2) Carnage
(3) Debrii
(3) Killmonger
(3) Deathlok
(4) Moon Girl
(6) America Chavez
(9) Death

I've nicknamed it 'Death and the Maiden'. It does fall a bit flat if you don't draw Killmonger, but it's fun when it goes off.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I don’t know why but I installed this game at 1AM and now I’m looking for beginner guides and swimming in that “just confirmed my turn so now I see a better move” feeling.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
After going from 47 -> 41 in the space of a couple hours I wanna chuck my phone at a wall so better uninstall it for a bit! God drat I just get on pure losing streaks and it’s really disheartening.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

priznat posted:

After going from 47 -> 41 in the space of a couple hours I wanna chuck my phone at a wall so better uninstall it for a bit! God drat I just get on pure losing streaks and it’s really disheartening.
i dropped around a dozen levels in a couple days last week and stopped for a few days, came back and am back where I was before the slide.Tilt and variance are real

A Meatslab
Apr 15, 2010

Joink posted:

Speaking of odd encounters. I had a kingpin down. Turn 6 I played Aero that pulled over the Colossus and Kingpin did in fact destroy the Colossus.

That seems buggy! Part of Colossus's Ongoing ability is that he can't be moved. Did something turn off his Ongoing before you played Aero?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I finally broke and spent some of my collector tokens on Luke Cage.

poo poo is hilarious.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

A Meatslab posted:

That seems buggy! Part of Colossus's Ongoing ability is that he can't be moved. Did something turn off his Ongoing before you played Aero?

If the Aero player has priority they'll move the Colossus before it flips, which is consistent with other interactions -- the ongoing ability isn't active until then

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Joink posted:

Nah colossus was face up which is why it was so crazy. I'm guessing the game DOES NOT apply rules from a card when said card is moved before a location/other cards.

Unless Colossus was at the Isle of Silence or had been hit by Rogue/Enchantress, this is a bug. Report it.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I finally broke and spent some of my collector tokens on Luke Cage.

poo poo is hilarious.

👏Post👏your👏deck👏

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Here's the setup (ignore the volume slider covering Spider-Woman pls):

And the dream in action:

There are probably a dozen other ways you could make this work but I swear they just do not see Luke Cage coming on turn 6.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Here's the setup (ignore the volume slider covering Spider-Woman pls):

And the dream in action:

There are probably a dozen other ways you could make this work but I swear they just do not see Luke Cage coming on turn 6.

I don't have Luke or Wong, so I've been running Kill/Destroyer Hazmat. Destroyer is just a vacuum cleaner that fixes my awful board state.

Opponent snapped when they played X into a won board. I then cleared out my -1 rock in the sanctum and turned bucky into a useful critter lmao.

Edit: Like seriously, these finishing board states crack me up hard

Studio fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 27, 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Opopanax posted:

And no powers or location things that would cause it?
Nope

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
After playing for a couple weeks I'm still enjoying the game a lot but my two big negatives so far compare to other CCG/TCGs are:

Knowing that I see 75% of my deck a game and not drawing my key cards is far more tilting than getting mana screwed in magic or not hitting my curve in HS etc

It sucks I can't work towards the decks I wanna play! That Luke Cage - Hazmat deck looks like so much fun, but as I'm CL400 and I'm assuming those are season 4/5 cards I'm literally thousands of levels away of being able to play them, that feels bad!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Tiger Millionaire posted:

It sucks I can't work towards the decks I wanna play! That Luke Cage - Hazmat deck looks like so much fun, but as I'm CL400 and I'm assuming those are season 4/5 cards I'm literally thousands of levels away of being able to play them, that feels bad!

This is, without a doubt, the most pronounced problem with a game. New players can look at all these cool cards being released but they are beyond unobtainable. When a new set comes out in MTG or Hearthstone, you can go buy a few packs or direct purchase the big hits. In this game, though, there are only two ways to obtain the newest (non-season pass) cards, and they suck;

1. a 0.25% chance to drop from Collectors Caches and Reserves
2. a 12.5 chance to appear in the token shop for 6000 Collectors Tokens

And keep in mind, that's for a chance of a random card out of a pool of ~10. Of course, eventually, these cards will work their way down to Pool 3, but the current timeline for that is five weeks. For a new or casual player, there is currently no viable path to playing the deck they want, and it's a crapshoot if they'll get the cards required for any decent deck, at all.

The game needs a much better system for players to target and acquire their desired cards. At the very least, something like the token shop should offer a rotating selection of three cards rather than one.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Dec 27, 2022

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It's definitely been the biggest problem with the game for me. I've been playing on and off, but I seriously can't get too into it because my only deck options are some kind of ongoing deck with Spectrum or a reveal deck with Odin. In literally any other card game, by this point I'd get enough packs/dust for a budget version of whatever archetype I want, here my only option is to get hosed I guess. Gotta keep playing with Odin because I keep finding cards like Uatu, or opening a Deathlok and just really wishing I had enough cards to make a destroy deck work.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I can play the game fine without spending any real money, but I wouldn't mind paying a little for cool stuff. But everything in the shop is so expensive that it's rather silly

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Oasx posted:

I can play the game fine without spending any real money, but I wouldn't mind paying a little for cool stuff. But everything in the shop is so expensive that it's rather silly
It’s basically just ‘pay $10 for the monthly pass’ or ‘pay $70 for a variant and some in-game currency’

There’s almost never anything in between

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

Quackles posted:

I run an interesting variant on the Deathwave list where I have Death and Moon Girl to get two Deaths, and try to go for the full 9 kills in a game. It might be interesting to stick She-Hulk into that (I don't have her).

The list:

(1) The Hood
(1) Squirrel Girl
(1) Nova
(1) Yondy
(2) Bucky Barnes
(2) Carnage
(3) Debrii
(3) Killmonger
(3) Deathlok
(4) Moon Girl
(6) America Chavez
(9) Death

I've nicknamed it 'Death and the Maiden'. It does fall a bit flat if you don't draw Killmonger, but it's fun when it goes off.

Tried this with Korg instead of Debrii (don't have) and Deadpool instead of The Hood (same) and climbed a couple of ranks. Lost big time to Turn 6 Shang Chi after I had two 0-cost Deaths in play. Lesson learned - save them till turn 6 rather than let my opponent see card strength early. Obvious in hindsight but keep Shang Chi in mind, if you don't already.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s basically just ‘pay $10 for the monthly pass’ or ‘pay $70 for a variant and some in-game currency’

There’s almost never anything in between

And more to the point, there is no ability to choose what you buy. It's all FoMO rotating shops bullshit. Like, dropping cash on card games is a storied tradition, but at least in others, you can pick your purchase.

Also, question, can bots snap? Cause this really looks like a bot. I guess maybe it could be a human, and he just didn't read the locations.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Desdinova posted:

Tried this with Korg instead of Debrii (don't have) and Deadpool instead of The Hood (same) and climbed a couple of ranks. Lost big time to Turn 6 Shang Chi after I had two 0-cost Deaths in play. Lesson learned - save them till turn 6 rather than let my opponent see card strength early. Obvious in hindsight but keep Shang Chi in mind, if you don't already.

This isn't always the right move, if you're seeing the Leech Leader deck you might want to get Death out on 5 instead of 6.

M'baku saves the day?

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Skippy McPants posted:

Also, question, can bots snap? Cause this really looks like a bot. I guess maybe it could be a human, and he just didn't read the locations.

Yes, bots snap. From the screenshot, that looks like a bot. They have gold foil and black/white cards with no other effects. For a real player to get those backgrounds, they need to split the card multiple times which would guarantee some other effect.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

cirus posted:

This isn't always the right move, if you're seeing the Leech Leader deck you might want to get Death out on 5 instead of 6.

I think it's usually correct to wait as long as possible since a lot of the decks that run Leech also include Shang-Chi. It has the additional upside of denying information, which is always good.

Nate405 posted:

Yes, bots snap. From the screenshot, that looks like a bot. They have gold foil and black/white cards with no other effects. For a real player to get those backgrounds, they need to split the card multiple times which would guarantee some other effect.

Yeah, it was for sure a bot then. I saw all the normal signs but didn't know if they could snap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Skippy McPants posted:

Not only can bots snap, they will always snap if they are winning two locations on turn 4 or 5.