Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Oasx posted:

I can play the game fine without spending any real money, but I wouldn't mind paying a little for cool stuff. But everything in the shop is so expensive that it's rather silly

Yeah I've paid $10 each month since launch for the battle pass, which isn't nothing! And it's gotten me three cards and inched me ahead, but I'm still leagues behind the pool 4/5 cool cards, still missing key pool 3 cards, and the developers clearly want me to drop like $80 on one of their lovely packages so I can buy ONE card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's definitely their main monetization scheme, which means it's a pain point they're likely not going to entirely remove. the token shop was more than I expected, tbh, so there's hope

I'd advise either just being as patient as you can with being okay with making decks with the cards you get naturally or budgeting a bit of money to spend on the game in relation to how much you find yourself playing it. I'm probably going to keep buying the monthly passes here as long as I'm still playing 20+ hours a month, but ymmv

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Who's good with Hela? Trying to retool my discard deck now that I have her

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tom Smykowski posted:

she's one of the cards that makes the discard deck really Work, so slotting her in to any discard deck is likely going to boost your winrate. i haven't rebuilt my deck since i cleared all my decks out the other day, but i'd make sure you're running swarm and apocalypse, target ghost rider for consistency (b/c god does hela love to be the one discarded), and go for the morbius/dracula package if you have it. people seem to be playing gambit more and more, which is spicy but definitely gets people

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I do wonder if they'll do events that spit cards a few times a year. Keep people playing and help everyone catch up.

I am enjoying that everyone doesn't have every card and it's fun to fill holes creatively but I would like to have sone kind of seasonal dump or something to break what can become a grind.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tom Smykowski posted:

Ghost Rider

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Honestly Hela probably needs Death to protect her so she doesn't get accidentally discarded. Discard kinda needs a ton of cards.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah I've paid $10 each month since launch for the battle pass, which isn't nothing! And it's gotten me three cards and inched me ahead, but I'm still leagues behind the pool 4/5 cool cards, still missing key pool 3 cards, and the developers clearly want me to drop like $80 on one of their lovely packages so I can buy ONE card.

I haven't run the numbers, but the battle pass also gets you a ton of extra credits and boosters which can improve your CL which also gets you cards faster.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Xguard86 posted:

I do wonder if they'll do events that spit cards a few times a year. Keep people playing and help everyone catch up.

They know that it's something that they will have to address at some point, and it's a positive sign that they realised it before getting to that point. How they handle it is yet to be seen, though.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

poe meater posted:

Honestly Hela probably needs Death to protect her so she doesn't get accidentally discarded. Discard kinda needs a ton of cards.

I think her getting discarded feels bad, but I think it should push people to having other lines in the deck than just her as wincon rather than having less synergistic cards in the deck for protection purposes

it's like how players hate mill in MTG because all those good cards they want to play are gone and unable to be drawn anymore, except in practice it's functionally identical to those cards just being at the bottom of your deck and never drawing them in the first place

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Just coming in to say gently caress Leader and if you play him you are part of the problem

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Isn’t Leader an answer to a whole bunch of other bullshit? Death, She-Hulk, Knull, Sera, or any other deck that wants to hide its advantage until the last turn.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Just Chamber posted:

Just coming in to say gently caress Leader and if you play him you are part of the problem

:smugdroid:

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Tom Smykowski posted:

Nick Fury, if you can cheat him out. He can give you a backup Hela and some big cards to discard as fuel.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

JackDarko posted:

Isn’t Leader an answer to a whole bunch of other bullshit? Death, She-Hulk, Knull, Sera, or any other deck that wants to hide its advantage until the last turn.
I think Leader is very good for the meta at the moment. Having leech as the only answer in game to deathwave would turbo suck. The play pattern of triple leader ramp suggests he'll be changed eventually but imo they're going to be very careful about it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 27, 2022

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Leader is simultaneously good for the game and the most annoying card to see when it flips

They could tweak him to have less power and/or duplicate the base card (instead of post any buffs) and maybe it’d still be a good counter without being quite so dumb

Or hit him harder but also increase Death’s cost or change the way her cost decreases (friendly cards only? Idk)

wyoak fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 27, 2022

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

It sucks I can't work towards the decks I wanna play! That Luke Cage - Hazmat deck looks like so much fun, but as I'm CL400 and I'm assuming those are season 4/5 cards I'm literally thousands of levels away of being able to play them, that feels bad!

For whatever it's worth Luke Cage is the only Series 4 card in that deck; everything else is S3 or lower. Here's a version I used before I got Luke/Hood:

* Elektra (1)
* Iceman (1)
* Nova (1)
* Black Widow (2)
* Hazmat (2)
* Carnage (2)
* Scorpion (2)
* Viper (2)
* Green Goblin (3)
* Debrii (3)
* Hobgoblin (5)
* Spider-Woman (5)

That said I feel like Luke is kind of a Mr. Negative or Lockjaw situation, where they're a pretty key card for defining this archetype. This deck is fun and "works" otherwise but it truly takes off with Wong/Luke.

I really wish they would add in some more options for debuff/territory control decks, maybe something like a 5 cost "This card gains +1 power for every other card that has had its power reduced" or some such.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Thanks for the Hela tips

Dropping Ultron on t6 with patriot and/or blue Marvel buffing the drones makes my opponent dropping leader lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

wyoak posted:

Leader is simultaneously good for the game and the most annoying card to see when it flips

They could tweak him to have less power and/or duplicate the base card (instead of post any buffs) and maybe it’d still be a good counter without being quite so dumb

Or hit him harder but also increase Death’s cost or change the way her cost decreases (friendly cards only? Idk)

Yeah it was kind of wild witnessing the meta shift in real time, there was a solid week after S4 cards dropped where all I would see was She-Hulk/Death/Wave decks, then the Leech/Leader thing became popular, then both decks kind of evened out and hit an equilibrium. I've seen metas evolve with counters etc in other card games but it feels very accelerated here

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I have very bad experience with hazmat as a luke cage owner. I think the whole archetype is missing a lot.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

wyoak posted:

If it were my job to fix Leader, I'd start by making his text, "On Reveal: Copy all cards your opponent played to other locations this turn, but on your side."

I don't know if that would be enough, but it would add more nuance to his positioning and make it harder to use his four power to tip a close location.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My Knull deck is tricky to pull of, but this made it worth it

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

goferchan posted:

Yeah it was kind of wild witnessing the meta shift in real time, there was a solid week after S4 cards dropped where all I would see was She-Hulk/Death/Wave decks, then the Leech/Leader thing became popular, then both decks kind of evened out and hit an equilibrium. I've seen metas evolve with counters etc in other card games but it feels very accelerated here

Now Patriot decks are the answer to Leader/Leech but generally lose to Death Wave. It’s pretty neat seeing this all unfold.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The problem with Leader is that he also punishes lovely Decks just as hard. Also, you can still do most of the other tricks with Leader since it copies stats, and not base played cards. Yes I'm mad that I ran into Electro Leader Odin twice this morning

wyoak posted:

Not being free with Wave is my big one tbqh, similarly with She-Hulk.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

No Wave posted:

I have very bad experience with hazmat as a luke cage owner. I think the whole archetype is missing a lot.

Have you tried something akin to the deck I posted here? Because I went up a good few ranks last night after putting it together.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tom Smykowski posted:

Thanks for the Hela tips

Dropping Ultron on t6 with patriot and/or blue Marvel buffing the drones makes my opponent dropping leader lol
Yes I had someone try and drop Leader on me T6 and without the buffs to the drones he still lost

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

My Lv 51 cache had a winter Devil Dino in it :3

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Oh that's nice, didn't realize they were doing another week of login rewards. Notably 500 credits on 1/1 and 200 gold on 1/2

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Getting back into Snap and I'm CL 529 and no really good pool 3 cards yet. I saw Rogue in the token store and bought it without really thinking about it. Now I see She-Hulk and I'll need 900 more tokens. Is that card pin-worthy?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Kaddish posted:

Getting back into Snap and I'm CL 529 and no really good pool 3 cards yet. I saw Rogue in the token store and bought it without really thinking about it. Now I see She-Hulk and I'll need 900 more tokens. Is that card pin-worthy?

Depends on your philosophy on collection progression. An earlier poster pointed out that pinning cards greater than Pool 3 before you complete that pool is a grind. Apparently, you get more collector tokens once you finish Pool 3.

That being said She-Hulk is an amazing card.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I was finally able to buy Hela through the token store

Next one up if I don’t unlock it first is probably Patriot

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Havent seen this yet. Not sure how good it actually is but pretty neat idea. Opponent played black widow then wave then odin so I have a 4 energy 0 point card in hand on turn 5

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Kaddish posted:

I would say no. Unless you plan to drop a mint on one of the bundles that come with Collector's Tokens (like the Sunspot one going right now), then you likely won't have enough tokens a while. Napkin math, you have a 25% chance for 100 tokens in each Cache, and caches come every 12 CL. So you would expect to need ~430 CL to gain 900 tokens. In that same time span, you could keep an eye out for good P3 cards, and even buy two right now.

Here's a decent guide for which P3 cards are worth snapping based on what kind of decks and synergies you're looking to build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_pHO3atOk

He doesn't use a conventional tier list, instead looking at how useful and flexible various cards are in meta decks. Like, Rogue was a good pickup. She doesn't define any archetype, but she is a very useful tech card.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Skippy McPants posted:

I would say no. Unless you plan to drop a mint on one of the bundles that come with Collector's Tokens (like the Sunspot one going right now), then you likely won't have enough tokens a while. Napkin math, you have a 25% chance for 100 tokens in each Cache, and caches come every 12 CL. So you would expect to need ~430 CL to gain 900 tokens. In that same time span, you could keep an eye out for good P3 cards, and even buy two right now.

Here's a decent guide for which P3 cards are worth snapping based on what kind of decks and synergies you're looking to build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_pHO3atOk

He doesn't use a conventional tier list, instead looking at how useful and flexible various cards are in meta decks. Like, Rogue was a good pickup. She doesn't define any archetype, but she is a very useful tech card.

Awesome, thanks for the info and link.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok yea I might as well stop trying. Im not getting out of the 80s without a complete P3 collection at least. Running into complete meta decks with infinite cardbacks excusively. Oh well made it farther than last season :)

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Annoying inconsistency:

I had my Titania (who jumps to the other side if any card is played there).

I play Hela and she plays cards that are discarded.

But Titania doesn't jump back and I lose.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Only players can play cards.

Cards that say they can play cards are liars and cheats.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Locations can also not play cards.

Except for Vormir which will play your card and destroy it if you send it to your opponent’s side.

I am a very consistent game.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Thought I should check this out and now I’m level like, 300

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Nikumatic posted:

Locations can also not play cards.

Except for Vormir which will play your card and destroy it if you send it to your opponent’s side.

I am a very consistent game.

Today I had Prof X block a Hobgoblin from jumping over, which I thought wasn't a thing.

I probably misremembered.

Still, it would be nice if the rules were consistent enough that it would be obvious what the rules are.