Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wasn't the rumor that he really hates analytics?

I don’t think that’d be a huge issue. Every team uses analytics to varying degrees regardless of the coach’s preferences. The big thing is half the league has interviewed him at least once at this point and everyone has passed including teams that have hired other minority coaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Oh man, he'll never achieve the dizzying heights of the Browns.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't know what the implication here is. Bienemy just happens to be an outrageously poor interview?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Nobody has wanted Bienemy for years including teams that went on to hire other black coaches. Maybe the guy really is just a tremendous rear end in a top hat.

Players claim to love him for whatever its worth. My guess is he's a very bad interview and not the type of guy front offices buy into.

But yeah at this point I'd be surprised if he gets a real look anywhere. Although I guess he was in Colorado for a while (as always, do not look at what happened when he was in Colorado as a coach).

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fsif posted:

I don't know what the implication here is. Bienemy just happens to be an outrageously poor interview?

Maybe? The Vikings were apparently set to hire Jim Harbaugh last year but he hosed up the interview process. If teams are willing to pass on a relatively proven guy like Harbaugh because he’s unprepared then a guy like Bienemy who already has some red flags due to his time at Colorado, and who is overshadowed by Reid in KC, probably needs to go above and beyond.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Maybe? The Vikings were apparently set to hire Jim Harbaugh last year but he hosed up the interview process. If teams are willing to pass on a relatively proven guy like Harbaugh because he’s unprepared then a guy like Bienemy who already has some red flags due to his time at Colorado, and who is overshadowed by Reid in KC, probably needs to go above and beyond.

Bienemy's resume is far and away more sterling than the morons that get hired every offseason. The idea that a candidate like him needs to go "above and beyond" to get hired because of a shaky resume while goofballs like Hackett, McDaniels, Kingsbury, or McAdoo secure positions is laughable.

It's a league that at one point this offseason had ONE Black head coach. It's likely he's doing "poorly" in interviews because most of them were Rooney rule shams and the others are still being judged by fossilized billionaires.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1607789783488634882

LMFAO

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

Bienemy's resume is far and away more sterling than the morons that get hired every offseason. The idea that a candidate like him needs to go "above and beyond" to get hired because of a shaky resume while goofballs like Hackett, McDaniels, Kingsbury, or McAdoo secure positions is laughable.

Hell, you just look at the guys who preceded him. Doug Pederson was OC for three seasons before getting hired but the Eagles. Matt Nagy was OC for just one year before the Bears hired him. Bienemy has been the OC of the Chiefs for 5 seasons now, and IIRC Mahomes regularly praises him and credits Bienemy as part of his growth. Him not getting hired at this point is crazy.

The Denver Broncos have hired… Dick Cheney?!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

Inviting Russ to a hunting trip with Dick Cheney is one way out of this mess.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Congrats broncos you are the Browns

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

When I think stable front office, I think letting a non-football operations figure determine the head coaching hire

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

if i had a billion dollar franchise and needed a head coach, i don't think i'd hire a guy who keeps getting interviewed but never gets the job.

now, SOMEone is bound to hire him, because they'll think they know the secret that no one else does. but then he'll probably suck because he's probably not that good

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Congrats to new HC of the Broncos Ahmed Chalabi.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

fartknocker posted:

"Look, a guy nicknamed Big Dick got Philly a title, why not us?!"

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Honestly, I'd have more faith if the Broncos found their new head coach via dart board.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's been so long, aren't there Obama era failures who should be falling into these name drops these days?

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

mcmagic posted:

Congrats to new HC of the Broncos Ahmed Chalabi.

The broncos will greet him like liberators

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Maigius posted:

Honestly, I'd have more faith if the Broncos found their new head coach via dart board.

*spins the roulette wheel* Raheem Morris could use another chance, the Rams problems are mostly not his problems, he's straight.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

JohnCompany posted:

The broncos will greet him like liberators

If he gets rid of Russ they certainly will.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

It's been so long, aren't there Obama era failures who should be falling into these name drops these days?

All of the Obama failures are pod save america type dorks who probably watch MLS or cycling instead of America’s Game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Who is the ISIS of quarterbacks in this scenario?

Sinbad's Sex Tape
Mar 21, 2004
Stuck in a giant clam

Kalli posted:

A bunch of weapons left behind from the previous regime that got taken over by a weird religious guy? Gotta be Russ

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I guess Condy is a limited Broncos partner with the Walton ownership group? It definitely looks likely don’t trust George Paton after the last go around.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Kalli posted:

Wentz promptly shows up in a new city and makes life worse for everyone involved.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's incredible that a gm can survive both Hackett and Wilson. Incredible incompetence.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1607785141551628289?t=sOIOLFlznB7e_r9IjKpNCg&s=19

Lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

what the gently caress is happening

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

You're getting the Jimmy Haslam special baby!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Bad things

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who cares. George Paton is just Greg Penner's burner

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

You’re telling me somebody who couldn’t even find the WMDs is supposed to find a coach who can fix russell Wilson? Give me a break!!

*catcalls as popcorn gets thrown to the floor*

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1607802508570955776

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Other owners are getting on the Irsay :bandwagon:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

the guy responsible for Hackett and Wilson is 100% safe, why do people keep assuming otherwise???

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Other owners are getting on the Irsay :bandwagon:

It feels like it’s been 100 years since that game when Jeff Saturday upset the Raiders

Relentlessboredomm posted:

the guy responsible for Hackett and Wilson is 100% safe, why do people keep assuming otherwise???

Wal-Mart guy probably thinks it’s the WW2 general and refuses to fire an American hero

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

One of the hallmarks of lovely organizations is just never being able to get the coach and GM on the same timeframe.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fsif posted:

It's a league that at one point this offseason had ONE Black head coach. It's likely he's doing "poorly" in interviews because most of them were Rooney rule shams and the others are still being judged by fossilized billionaires.

You beat me to it. Anything you can say about Bienemy is refuted by pointing out someone who is worse at that thing then getting hired instead.

also I am not a believer in Bienemy and want him off my team so someone else can deal with it

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yup. Either you believe he hosed up by trading for Russell Wilson or you believe that Hackett was such a disastrous hire that he made Russell Wilson look completely broken for an entire season. Whichever you choose to believe, you have to move on from that GM.

(((Also, it’s both.)))

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Guessing they are going to go after Harbaugh as their top choice and probably botch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

King Hong Kong posted:

Guessing they are going to go after Harbaugh as their top choice and probably botch it.

You'd have to think he can do better.