Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Oh my god that was so much more amazing than I could have hoped. Bocchi you absolute legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

And that's a wrap! I'm glad that the hilarity continued the whole way through the finale. Season 2 when????

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
The Legendary Super Bocchi…

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

This show stuck the landing for sure unlike Bocchi. Probably the first moment in this show where I felt actively uncomfortable in how awkward it was but it was all good after that. Glad we got a couple more songs too, the CD comes out this week, hopefully that will have everything (including that SICK HACK song that isn’t on streaming atm)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Good ending episode can't wait for season 2for the Posion Yami experience

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i regret to inform you all that the finale fully kicked rear end

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I was salivating over all of the incredibly detailed guitar illustrations

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Kita might be the resident Bocchi expert but she still needs serious training for that move with the mic. Stunning results though. Felt every ounce of the terror Bocchi did given that situation.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

For once Youtube made things better! Astounding.

Also Bocchi's parent's skepticism from episode 7 suddenly makes more sense in light of what she was posting on her channel. Also shoutouts to the return of Dams!

One thing that I genuinely like about the series is that Bocchi really is really drat good at playing her Guitar, the series never questions her skill at that. Same for Hiroi, she's drunk as a skunk in a funk for 100% of the series, but she caught on to what was happening at the concert sooner than anyone else.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Hiroi is basically the shounen comic relief who's actually really OP but in a Slice of Life series.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Hard to pick whick Bocchi was the most powerful in this final episode, but I'm leaning towards Headbanger Bocchi.
This show loving rules imo

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
I relate so much to Ryo's gear whoring. "You always need another bass" is the truest statement in the world, and my four need a new friend. Her going ham on the Stingray reminds me of how I ended up getting mine.

GAS is a hell of a drug.

Bocchi's choice on the Yamaha is solid, they're little workhorses.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given the album cover homages and lots of neat music stuff it's clear the author is a big music fan and the anime got that too

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

yamaha is doing a giveaway of that exact guitar bocchi picked and drat it looks sick

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

This show stuck the landing for sure unlike Bocchi. Probably the first moment in this show where I felt actively uncomfortable in how awkward it was but it was all good after that. Glad we got a couple more songs too, the CD comes out this week, hopefully that will have everything (including that SICK HACK song that isn’t on streaming atm)

The whole album's up on Spotify/Youtube Music, has been since the episode came out in Japan.

Here's the YT playlist.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/kafunsyokougun/status/1606583805069795328

staff got custom beers to celebrate finishing the series. happiness spiral.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I too wish to gain the super powers of being financially stable enough to quit my job

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Spectacular show, great ending, can't wait for a Season 2. Everything that could be said about the show has already been said so I'll just say that I'm super glad I found this super charming little show.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the whole album whips! there's a bunch of stuff that wasn't in the show! hell yeah dude!!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5O0mCrUdAM

The last track on the album (that also ended the last episode) is an Asian Kung-Fu Generation cover sung by Bocchi herself.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

This show is easily my AOTS maaaaybe AOTY (though 86 might get that since it got the last couple of episodes delayed to 2022 so it also qualifiers)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nitrousoxide posted:

This show is easily my AOTS maaaaybe AOTY (though 86 might get that since it got the last couple of episodes delayed to 2022 so it also qualifiers)

Yep 86 counts as part of this year's roundup.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i will never forget (the first festival song) may well end up being my favorite of all the songs in this show, which is a tall order

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5O0mCrUdAM

The last track on the album (that also ended the last episode) is an Asian Kung-Fu Generation cover sung by Bocchi herself.

This ED really is just the perfect closer since the girls' surnames are all inspired from the surnames of that band. I always though it was interesting that bocchi is just lead guitar since AKFG gotou is the frontman, so having her sing this is obvious in hindsight but it still hits hard.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Julias posted:

Yep 86 counts as part of this year's roundup.

All I want for Christmas is more 86 episodes

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Just marathoned this show today because someone in the TVIV Discord recommended it. Wow, the art/animation were superb, the music super good, and the humor top notch. Easily one of my top three animes of 2022.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Pan Dulce posted:

Just marathoned this show today because someone in the TVIV Discord recommended it. Wow, the art/animation were superb, the music super good, and the humor top notch. Easily one of my top three animes of 2022.

Now you must do your part to spread the word of Bocchi

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

does this now become the de facto manga discussion thread

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Sure

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

cool bc there was a new chapter uploaded today (32). i believe the manga has five volumes released and some chapters beyond that, but the scans are only about halfway through volume 3.

the final chapter matching up to the anime is chapter 21.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

kidcoelacanth posted:

cool bc there was a new chapter uploaded today (32). i believe the manga has five volumes released and some chapters beyond that, but the scans are only about halfway through volume 3.

the final chapter matching up to the anime is chapter 21.

So, do any of y'all know if this anime was renewed or a one-and-done thing? And are the manga volumes going to sell physically in stores?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i don't think there's been any news on a second season or any english release but the show was extremely well-received, so it can't hurt the chances

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I like how the chapter covers are all references to real album covers.

Pan Dulce posted:

So, do any of y'all know if this anime was renewed or a one-and-done thing? And are the manga volumes going to sell physically in stores?

With most seasonal anime that adapt manga they tend to be one-and-done to start with, and might get a follow-up down the road if it was popular enough and there's enough material to adapt. For now this is it, but it is possible it'll get a sequel in the future.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Wait so Endorph has Bocchi as her av, Ibblebibble has Nijika and Julias has Ryo. Does nobody have Kita, you cowards????

Azran fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 28, 2022

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

someone has kita i forget who but they don't post as much as the other 3

Pan Dulce posted:

there was no season 2 planned but the show was very popular so i'm sure the producers are regretting that and we'll probably get more eventually.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the show's popular, the manga is ongoing with no sign of ending anytime soon, the anime seems to have massively boosted manga sales, and kirara manga (the magazine the manga runs in) specifically generally get second seasons if the first was even kind of successful (k-on, new game, hidamari sketch, is the order a rabbit, yuru camp, et. all)

that said, the staff has a lot of overlap with the dress up darling anime, which is already confirmed for a season 2, so any news on bocchi will probably wait until after that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if i had to guess, its a matter of when, not if, but id say the when is probably mid-2024 at the earliest.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm hoping the manga gets picked up in the US cause of how well the series is doing too

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
If there’s more manga and the anime had a good effect on sales then I imagine there will be another season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Azran posted:

Wait so Endorph has Bocchi as her av, Ibblebibble has Nijika and Julia has Ryo. Does nobody have Kita, you cowards????

Hello there