Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
it's lunchtime on my final working day of the yyeeeeeaaaaarrrrrRRRRRRRR! YESSSSSSS

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Mash pH was probably too low.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

xcheopis

Escape From Noise posted:

Dunkel is kinda harsh and roasty. Not totally sure why. Only used around 2% chocolate malt. gently caress.

Ok, Grunkle Dunkel. Bonus: shout-out to Gravity Falls in the area. If there are any.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Dr. Honked posted:

it's lunchtime on my final working day of the yyeeeeeaaaaarrrrrRRRRRRRR! YESSSSSSS

Goongrats!

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i've got poo poo to do this afternoon and i'm having trouble bothering my arse

Ass-penny

Dr. Honked posted:

i've got poo poo to do this afternoon and i'm having trouble bothering my arse

just sit on the can and let er rip

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

Feeling really dumb for my mistake.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Feeling really dumb for my mistake.

you learned, so you are smarter now than before. don't beat yourself up.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
At work we have headsets that are tiny and made of flimsy plastic. I looked them up because I was bored and they cost $200. WTF? This has to be some sort of racket. They're really uncomfortable too, but the dumbest thing is they're "noise-cancelling" but only cover one ear. Great job, I'm glad to know this is what the company is spending our revenue on.

Escape From Noise

Today was really tiring because I ended up cleaning the brewhouse while kegging. I was in the home stretch, sanitizing the tank through the spray ball, when I come back after the 30 minute timer to find the sani slowly leaked out over the course of the cycle due to my dumb rear end leaving a valve open. It won't add too much time but I'm tired and wanna go home and take a loving bath!

Escape From Noise

The restaurant manager is going to give me a loving aneurysm. He's convinced that what we need to be successful is to make soda "beers" like Abashiri, Doppo, Johanna, etc. (Flavored malt liquor) I have to tell him like every other loving week that I can't because I don't have a filter and if I add syrup to packaged beer I'm risking exploding bottles and kegs. He just asked me how much a filter is. Meanwhile we can't get a sales website going because it costs money. But yeah. A beer filter probably costs next to nothing, right? Thank god we don't have the proper tanks. I keep trying to make fruit beers but everyone has some fuckin opinion. Was going to make a pomegranate golden strong but pomegranate isn't "cute" enough. So I'll have to change the fruit. I mean, whatever, but this will further delay ordering the puree and I need to get this bullshit sorted! Too many loving cooks! Motherfucker thinks we need to make "beers for girls" (he means non beer drinkers, but with baked in sexism). And I have no issue with making accessable beers but like he wants soda pop! Even if I made the same poo poo it wouldn't matter because this company cannot market the beer for poo poo. It's barely visible on the menu! These people think popular breweries are popular just because of the style they make. They seem to not grasp that these places put a bunch into marketing, have big distribution networks, connections with liquor wholesalers, can produce the volume for that, etc. You can have the best product in the world but if nobody knows about it you aren't selling poo poo! That's not even beer specific! God fuckin drat!

Farecoal

There he go
Hey EFN, last night I had a dream where I ordered some peanut butter cup flavored beer (and it was low fat). I don't really know how brewing works but I assume this idea will be stunningly popular and would be happy with 5% royalties

Escape From Noise

Farecoal posted:

Hey EFN, last night I had a dream where I ordered some peanut butter cup flavored beer (and it was low fat). I don't really know how brewing works but I assume this idea will be stunningly popular and would be happy with 5% royalties

UR check is in the mail.

Escape From Noise

Cold room? MORE LIKE MOLD ROOM! :suicide:

Seriously dude, clean up the loving cold room. Also please get the cold room prepared for the new kegs like you said you would last night when I said we'd maybe need to put off kegging for lack of space. gently caress!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
wow grose

xcheopis

Jesus.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Escape From Noise

I love the keg caps just left in a loose pile on the moldy shelf unit a patina of mold has formed. The beer spilled all over the floor and left to congeal is the cherry on top. I already know what he'll respond with. "Sorry. I was busy!".

Buttchocks

time for a new dehumidifier

Escape From Noise

Buttchocks posted:

time for a new dehumidifier

It keeps spreading because he won't properly clean. Mold spores. He'll do a half-assed cleaning every few months if I shame him a few times on public chat (which I hate doing but...) then just let it spread again. Like he'll leave puddles of beer on the floor until they've congealed into glue.

Escape From Noise

If we ever start making outside sales we're going to eventually lose a few customers for delivering beers with mold on the caps. But sure. What we really need is soda beers. Who cares about basic cleanliness?

Finger Prince

*psst* gently caress a job

Finger Prince

gently caress a job with boughs of holly
Fuckaluckaluck-ah gently caress gently caress gently caress
Tis the season to get hosed
Fuckaluckaluck-ah gently caress gently caress gently caress

Escape From Noise

I made this pale ale recently, I'm not saying it's perfect but I am very proud of the color. I mean look at that!

I mean look at that beautiful gold with just a tasteful touch of light orange! A thing of beauty!

The restaurant manager says it'd be better if it was darker and had some haze. :cripes:

Farecoal

There he go

I mean look at that beautiful gold with just a tasteful touch of light orange! A thing of beauty!

It does look nice though, even as a non-drinker. Is haze supposed to be good because it makes it look more "organic"?

Escape From Noise

Farecoal posted:

It does look nice though, even as a non-drinker. Is haze supposed to be good because it makes it look more "organic"?

A certain amount of haze is acceptable to the style. I just really like the bright clarity I got. I honestly don't think he could tell you why. He just thinks that due to very limited knowledge.

Escape From Noise

This dude pretty much never likes what I make so whatever, but like I am really proud of the color and it was what he shat all over. My aim was to make an accessible, more easy drinking American pale ale so I used a bunch of 2-row with slightly less than 25% Vienna, and like 1% lighter crystal for some sweetness. Hopped with Cascade for that grapefruit and Southern Cross for lemon. It's not the most amazing beer on earth. I can think of ways to improve it but no. It's just not very good. Needs to be darker and hazy. It just really cut me.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 26, 2022

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Let this be the cutting remark that allows you to let go of his opinions entirely. He is a terrible restaurant manager and a beer dumbass, he has proven himself this time and again.

gently caress that guy, your beer owns.

Escape From Noise

Holland Oates posted:

Let this be the cutting remark that allows you to let go of his opinions entirely. He is a terrible restaurant manager and a beer dumbass, he has proven himself this time and again.

gently caress that guy, your beer owns.

I know. It makes my head spin. I guess it got to me because he chose to criticize the one thing I was really proud of about that beer. It does need a bigger dry hop. It's just so frustrating to get feedback like that. It's just useless.

Finger Prince

It's highly likely that he doesn't understand what the word "pale" actually means.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
that bloke's a wanker. tell him i said "OI! WANKER!"

Escape From Noise

I am attempting to clean up the mold in the cold room because loving nobody else will do it and it is gross beyond words. It took me over an hour to demolda wire wrack with the bottom shelf left to go, as well as the wall around it. There are still hoses caked in mold and another wrack and the rest of the walls. It's loving awful and I hate the restaurant manager so loving much right now but you know it's the little things. Like the added little extra "gently caress you" of tossing keg caps, bits of foil, and gas canister caps on the floor after they've been removed instead of taking them out with them when they did whatever.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 27, 2022

Buttchocks

You are a brave and rare soul. You definitely break the mold.

Heather Papps

hello friend

one of the residents at my work tested positive for covid, so yesterday i donned and doffed like a dozen gowns, masks, gloves, face shields, etc.

poo poo is gonna be rough for the next little while. there's a chance we manage to isolate him and it doesn't spread, but that seems unlikely. there is the advantage that this fellow isn't going to try and be out and about, which is what happened last year.

the government is like "make them isolate" and we are like "what do you want us to do, lock their doors?" the whole point of this facility is that it's to give the residents as much freedom and liberty as possible, and we have a no-restraint policy. we do not restrain our residents, we can't force them to isolate. if they want to come out into the lounge and watch television without a mask while coughing there is no real recourse.

anyways this guy will stay in his room and it won't be that bad unless one of the more onery residents catches it, and then becomes a transmitter to the rest of the place.

blarg. gently caress.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Dukes Mayo Clinic

Buttchocks posted:

You are a brave and rare soul. You definitely break the mold.

:shroom::argh:

Dukes Mayo Clinic

Heather Papps posted:

blarg. gently caress.

:(

at least it sounds like y’all doing the best that you can do under the less-than-ideal circumstances, but dang.

Escape From Noise

The restaurant manager is in charge of calculating the costs of the beers we make. Sometimes he'll come up and ask me or text me asking the costs of certain materials such as hops and malt and genuinely expects me to have that memorized despite the fact that I'm pretty sure nobody has exact prices memorized and they're subject to fluctuations so malt I ordered two months ago could be different from current prices. Like... there's a loving email chain. He sort of teases me for not knowing and it genuinely baffles me.

Escape From Noise

The results are in and apparently I'm a piece of poo poo for not having prices for materials when I ordered them memorized. Guess I have to get that down.

Farecoal

There he go
This guy isn't in charge of you at all, right?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The results are in and apparently I'm a piece of poo poo for not having prices for materials when I ordered them memorized. Guess I have to get that down.

I'm going to tell you this, and I'm not trying to bite at you, but I know it comes off that way sometimes, so please know I'm doing this gently as I can for you:

gently caress THAT GUY, he's not your boss, do not let him hurt you, MY FRIEND, with his bullshit. He has nothing to do with you and he can't even follow basic health and safety guidelines so don't you dare internalize his bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I get it. I got mad because of gibbus.

The actual work situation is actually just more baffling to me than anything. I am always willing to provide clarification about volumes of materials, etc. But this guy just expects me to know exactly process offhand. Like... what?