Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Finally, a Telsa crash not involving children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Been getting a lot of dumbass chud poo poo given a tag of "popular in your area" in my Twitter feed.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The Last Call posted:

Finally, a Telsa crash not involving children.

Children won't have College money cause their Dads out it all in Tesla Stock.

Children are always involved

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

PostNouveau posted:

Been getting a lot of dumbass chud poo poo given a tag of "popular in your area" in my Twitter feed.

New plan to save Twitter: turn it into Nextdoor

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dick Fontaine posted:

New plan to save Twitter: turn it into Nextdoor

I live in a 90% Democratic city too. There's no way a catturd tweet about how great ivermectin is is popular here.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Elon musk is actually a genius. by making the stock drop 10% every day, he's actually lowering the dollar amount it drops every day because it's 10% of a smaller number.

Within a month that 10% daily drop will only be $1 or $2.

You armchair economists could never come up with such a brilliant plan.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

It may have dropped 10% but I only lost half a billion dollar 🤣🤣🤣

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Thank you for not reading any of my post

You said you'd drop your diesel truck for a super overweight electric truck, but yeah shoot for Volt.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Reading comprehension’s not for everyone I guess

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Has he made that Instagram model lady CEO yet?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Reading comprehension’s not for everyone I guess
Stay with the diesel, EV turcks have a long way to go

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Tesla has lost $895 billion:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonath...sh=59f8f3694357

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Stick with the prod if you want to make a silent takedown.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

drat, did they check the last place they remember having it?

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
soon the cybertruck will come along and save the day and all of you will look like fools!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

This should go in the OP. it's a nice bookend to the April '22 announcement that Musk is buying Twitter

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Doctor Butts posted:

Thanks. I'll take the GEP gun.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Of course Elon would like that rear end in a top hat.

Real divorced dad energy, mixed with complete understanding why the daughter would just say "gently caress it" and disown him.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Doctor Butts posted:

Prod with the prod.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

cracker posted:

This whole system makes no loving sense. Enron crash was like $60 billion and almost tanked the economy

Nah. Are you thinking of 2008?

Enron didn't damage the overall economy much, and what damage it did was as much from loving up power grid stuff when all their bogus bids collapsed. Tesla will have even less impact.

PostNouveau posted:

I live in a 90% Democratic city too. There's no way a catturd tweet about how great ivermectin is is popular here.

This is why elon keeps adding one-word replies to chud tweets, he's made his own account have the maximum popularity boost.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Been away all day just checking the thread quick to see how $TSLA is do-

:stonklol:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
The hits keep coming:

https://twitter.com/mattsheffield/status/1607856576563671041?s=20&t=dGFF59N2FjHrbKkSMKMFWA

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

Been away all day just checking the thread quick to see how $TSLA is do-

:stonklol:

it's a J curve

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
up next is a super Vee

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
This morning Twitter told me it had detected "suspicious activity" on my account and that I must reset my password. The only activity at all is my liking kitten and puppy gifs, but maybe the Piers Morgan thing prompted a mass reset request for folks.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
You are supposed to turn the "hit things and kill yourself maybe, who knows?" slider down to minimum.

And even if you paid for the extras it's just better to just leave the "designate children and cyclists as enemies" on-off sliders off, too much of a pain in the rear end even if you've got yacht money. But it's cool to have the option, and you can show it off to people.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chrpno posted:

it's a J curve

Musk is just trying to do the Civilization Ghandi trick. Just make Tesla stock so low it causes an integer overflow error and corrects itself to a positive $65k

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Musk is just trying to do the Civilization Ghandi trick. Just make Tesla stock so low it causes an integer overflow error and corrects itself to a positive $65k

This ends up with nuclear war though

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Is that a Tesla that crashed into a police car that then crashed into an ambulance? If so that's impressive.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1607581330673668103

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

funeral home DJ posted:

This ends up with nuclear war though

He is pro Russia.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Is that a Tesla that crashed into a police car that then crashed into an ambulance? If so that's impressive.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1607581330673668103

My son's name is also Elon.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Elon is Bort

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

FirstnameLastname posted:

modern diesels are essentially the only option to economically move heavy cargo long distances over land

IMO there's a lot of potential in semi & pickup truck turbine-hybrids, with the turbine running as a dedicated generator for the battery. A turbine designed to only ever operate at one speed could be efficient as hell, and having an electric motor gets around all the downsides of turbines like lousy output curves & spooling time

and it'd probably sound cool, whoosh

We actually already had something similar in the Norfolk and Western "Jawn Henry." It was the only experimental steam turbine locomotive that didn't suck. (The PRR one was a mechanical steam turbine so was very inefficient, and the C&O one had issues with coal dust and water getting into the traction motors) There was still an issue with coal and water getting into the traction motors but it wasn't as bad.

Union Pacific also had a fleet of gas turbine locomotives that ran on Bunker C. They worked pretty well but were better suited for long distance runs. They also produced a bunch of heat to the point that if the loco was parked under an overpass, it would melt the asphalt above it.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I wonder if they sell X-A12 or whatever the gently caress

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Previously unseen levels of cope:

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

That’s really neat, love learning about stuff like that! Thanks

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
drat Shapiro looks the same as a teen. are there any ancient pics of Steve Miller or Ksuhner? are all of them born skinny slendermanlikes?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

drat Shapiro looks the same as a teen. are there any ancient pics of Steve Miller or Ksuhner? are all of them born skinny slendermanlikes?

There was a elementary class photo of Steven Miller floating around. He had the same cold, dead eyes.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
kay but what about the skin around the skeleton structure?

just like the regressive thumb, potato, blob, ham/gammon, or standard model , we might have have enough examples for a new phenotype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

PhazonLink posted:

Stephen Miller is like 34 years old lol