Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My Santa has warned me of incoming things!

My Santee has not replied lately, even after I had another box resent to him after the first one might not have made it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
P-p-p-powerbook is a good rear end present.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Seeing the P-p-p-powerbook once more made me smile. Incredible.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

CeramicPig posted:

Thank you so much LadyPictureSnow! Another great SASS with a great Santa!

Hahaha, I was wondering when realization would hit!
Hope you enjoy the new bugs and new knitting; and god only knows if you'll see me again next year :v:

I figured a giant scarf to go with last year's hat would be a good piece (and just in time for this weather!)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Santa, your package arrived safely. Pictures incoming when I'm not so damned busy lol

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
My Santa told me two things are on the way, but with the postal strikes in the UK there might be delays.

One of them has arrived and it’s less than two hours to Christmas, so I can’t wait any longer and hell yeah, I’ve heard pretty drat good things about Dorohedoro so I’ll need to get started into this when I don’t have the whole “family for Christmas” malarkey going on. The art looks super sick!

Thank you so much, Santa!!

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

:smith: that the BEES mug didn't make it intact. Lesson learned about bubble wrap, everyone: no matter how much you use, you need more. Always use more bubble wrap.

So much bubble wrap was used...but my package has such a long adventure ahead of it. :ohdearsass:

Tracking shows its is due to arrive after Christmas, but at least it's moving forward.

Also: IT IS CHRISTMAS! THE TIME IS NOW HERE! I'm glad to be sharing SASS with all of you and I'm enjoying reading the thread so much. Happy holidays to all of you! :blessed:

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Santa came! Lots of awesome stuff.

Bees?

Bees!

Some cool stickers, badges and glowstick stuff!

Awesome Card

Chocolate and delicious booze

All laid out on a trippy Brighton and Hove tea towel before being photobombed by the cat!

Pascal the three-legged Xmas cat approves.

Thank you so much Bollock Monkey Santa. I'm used to getting the same Santa and Santee each year - so I've been slack on details and I'm a pain to e-stalk. This year has also been super busy and hectic for a variety of reasons. All these gifts were wonderful. Thnak you so much. Wishing you a great festive season.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Santa came before the postal strikes :allears:

A foreboding sticker…

I believe you

It’s a happy bee stress ball!

A cool book, card and rabbit treats! Thanks so much Santa!! :yeshaha:

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"
Hi hi! Gifts have finally been opened. I got this amazing Hollow Knight charm and a knitting bag. Thanks, Santa! (I couldn't find your name anywhere!!)

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
HOHOHO TREMBLE YE MORTALS

DROOGIE SANTA HAS COME

A clear sign of the misfortune that awaits

A clearer one

I'm a pastor, leading my flock into the blinding light of shame

presumably the angels that will sing me to my rest

Oh wait! These presents are not full of pestilence and plague! Not even mealworms. Here comes the new sign for my office.

This is for mah toast

And this is for...poo poo...I'm at a loss, but good job, Droogie!

Yay! I used to live in Farmington, and now I have a New Mexico thing

It's Droogie, so I think I'm meant to rub this in my eyes

And best of all, a present for the wife

An art of the catte!

Mrs. Spiderjelly loved it!

Thank you, Droogie, for a wonderful sassmass! I hope you get a present soon.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Doubtful Guest posted:

Pascal the three-legged Xmas cat approves.

Thank you so much Bollock Monkey Santa. I'm used to getting the same Santa and Santee each year - so I've been slack on details and I'm a pain to e-stalk. This year has also been super busy and hectic for a variety of reasons. All these gifts were wonderful. Thnak you so much. Wishing you a great festive season.
Up the bum no babies! Have a wonderful Christmas, friend.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Spiderjelly posted:

HOHOHO TREMBLE YE MORTALS

DROOGIE SANTA HAS COME

Thank you, Droogie, for a wonderful sassmass! I hope you get a present soon.

I'm very happy everything made it well. Sorry you lived in Farmington, but I'm glad the chile products will be appreciated! I'm benevolent so the powder is mild, but yes, it is to rub in your eyes.

The stitching is from my friend and artist Megan, she's Marigold Mitten on socials and is rad.

Merry Xmas! Probably no mealworms for you.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Got a notice from my Santa that they just couldn’t make it to the post office. It would seem even Santa suffers from :effort:

My santee should have received their gifts! But hasn’t posted in ages so…SASS!

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots
some real :eyepop: results up there, drat. I'm not singling anyone out because all of you are perfect, keep it up. Speaking of which, santa occurred in the form of Chicken Doodle!

that's how you know. Also I see the package previously passed catte inspection, for whose careful attention I am grateful, as befits a member of the OSHA Sardaukar such as myself.

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/l0j6g3B.jpg:nws: it's just a word but still.
Along with a very nice letter I won't post because it's kind of personal, but santa, know that I will be keeping it, I really appreciated that. This is some of the cutest :kimchi: grade stuff I have ever received! There's 0% chance I would have identified "rainbow dinosaur mini plushies" as something I wanted to receive but these are great (as is the rest of this), you needn't have worried. Haven't cracked the book yet but will be glad of anything that can help me with my daily struggles (how did you know?).
For whatever reason (probably that I keep the house quite cold (15C atm)) the Canadia stress ball is extremely hard and difficult to squeeze. I'm curious if it will loosen up when the weather turns but I almost hope it doesn't so I can hand it to people as a joke ("here, have a stress ball" "???").
All that remains now is to determine how many sasquatches/navy pinup girls I can put on my work laptop without it becoming A Thing that haunts me for the rest of my tenure, it's all fun and games until you're The Sasquatch Guy forever.
Oh! And also not pictured were some honey staves to add to drinks. Apt since I happened to pick up some drinking chocolate that you're supposed to sweeten to taste. Do they dissolve or are you supposed to cut the top off and squeegie it out?

Anyway, thanks again Chicken Doodle! I hope 2023 (and your santa this year) treats you better than 2022 looks to have.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
My Santa was in touch with me and let me know they'd be late, and that's ok.

My Santee also let me know they're traveling, but they got my package and will open and post upon their return home .

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

tiaz posted:

some real :eyepop: results up there, drat. I'm not singling anyone out because all of you are perfect, keep it up. Speaking of which, santa occurred in the form of Chicken Doodle!

AAAAH I AM SO HAPPY! I was stressing so hard on what to get, so I’m extra happy that it was all very welcome!

The stress ball is actually hilarious - I don’t know WHY it’s so hard. All of them were like that. So I guess if you need to relieve stress, throw it at someone/something, EH! From what I know the honey can be eaten as is or added to a drink/food. There’s so many different flavors, I hope you like!

Thanks for posting what you got! Sasquatch and I are very happy.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

PuttyKnife posted:

Got a notice from my Santa that they just couldn’t make it to the post office. It would seem even Santa suffers from :effort:

My santee should have received their gifts! But hasn’t posted in ages so…SASS!

well to be pedantic, santa suffers from a shitload of brainworms (especially/specifically around Christmas :smith:*) and ulcerative colitis, but thats really no excuse. I went to ship your gift today, but everything was closed :smith: for what its worth I promised my santa I would take pics of their presents being opened at Yosemite, but that fell through too

TBH I had sorta questioned if I was really :airquote: ready :airquote: to do a Secret Santa / Christmas anything but I managed to keep it together last year, and the gifts I receive are quite literally the only present I receive all year. I'm not a big stuff person, but receiving something that somebody particularly & purposefully chose to give me makes me go :3: Speaking of, my santa :swoon: delivered :swoon:

Zonzo is hilarious, and seemingly very ethically/smartly sourced from a local Goodwill?

* maybe I will go do a post in the Rejected Parents thread about my relationship w/ christmas, but its an extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely bummer set of stories

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Vampire Panties posted:

well to be pedantic, santa suffers from a shitload of brainworms (especially/specifically around Christmas :smith:*)

Sorry to hear that, friend. Christmas can be a very challenging time for some of us, and I hope you’re taking care of yourself.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Vampire Panties posted:

well to be pedantic, santa suffers from a shitload of brainworms (especially/specifically around Christmas :smith:*)

not that you are necessarily, but just in case, don't use it as a way to punish yourself friend :unsmith: I was a bit late myself, just get it out when you can. "By Christmas" is ideal, but in practice receipts are always a smear across a few weeks. Just don't forget it outright!
if you're in the US USPS click&ship may have an option where your letter carrier can pick it up directly from you, if that helps.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

It came!

We got some great gifts from ScorpioBean! The snacks are all local so I won't show them here, but we got a wonderful little TonBerry (Who has a big brother waiting for him already!) and the world's softest, bestest bee scarf!

Thank you so much. This year has been a rough one, but these gifts really brought us a smile.

Our gift is on the way but it's a bit late. I hope our Santee enjoys it!

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

femcastra posted:

Oh wow lol that wasn’t all, there’s more!!

Bread flour, to go with the yeast, plant food, a bike cover and exercise band, other assorted herbs/spices. I am going to be busy!!

I am just about to get back into bike riding with my oldest starting school in the new year and getting a bike for Christmas, so it’s perfect timing too.

Thanks Santa, super generous!

Oh glad the third part got there, too :3

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I thought I was clever and would send my package yesterday, only to see a sign at the post office that they were closed.

:dumb:

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme

Infidel Castro posted:

I thought I was clever and would send my package yesterday, only to see a sign at the post office that they were closed.

:dumb:

(In the US) whenever a federally recognized holiday lands on the weekend, it is recognized with a day off work on the nearest work day so that employees get the same number of annually observed holidays and the employer isn't forced to pay employees 1.5 x payrate.

New years day also falls on a Sunday this year, so you can expect all federal buildings and some private businesses to be closed Monday, January 2nd too.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Ulillinguist posted:

(In the US) whenever a federally recognized holiday lands on the weekend, it is recognized with a day off work on the nearest work day so that employees get the same number of annually observed holidays and the employer isn't forced to pay employees 1.5 x payrate.

New years day also falls on a Sunday this year, so you can expect all federal buildings and some private businesses to be closed Monday, January 2nd too.

Yeah, I realised that as soon as I got there

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
Santa came!

Complete with cute drawings on the box:

Inside:

OMG BEE!!!

SO many presents (and the wrapping paper was so adorable I had to be super careful with it so I could save as much as possible for later)!
Included were Buckeyes (which I've often seen gifted for SASS, but I've never before made or tried myself), and a mini Christmas stollen!

This made me pretty excited because my mom's family is German (my grandma immigrated when she was five years old), and we make our family's traditional stollen recipe every year. Interested in seeing how this one tastes!

Also included was this foreboding note:

And a lovely card:

Now, to open the wrapped presents! Inside were

and

...Ok, that looks lovely I suppose. But the boxes seemed to have strange weights, so I opened them.

Why, that's not mug cakes at all! It's actually a lovely mug!

And not just any mug, but a Christkindlmarkt mug! My city also does an annual Christkindlmarkt, so I geeked out a little over this.

The other box contained...something legendary...

Holy crap, I've finally been Malorted! :woop:

Thank you Miz Kriss for the awesome presents and for being a Santa of exceptional distinction!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Sassmass came! Ars Arcanum was my awesome Santa and sent me many awesome things! Thank you Santa for the masks, and cool art, and the snacks, and the cool treat balls that the cats are trying to steal but I might let them have two and let the hedgehog have one.

But to fully appreciate how cool my Santa is, I need to post pictures.

poo poo what page are we hosting pics on this year?

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Cowslips Warren posted:

Sassmass came! Ars Arcanum was my awesome Santa and sent me many awesome things! Thank you Santa for the masks, and cool art, and the snacks, and the cool treat balls that the cats are trying to steal but I might let them have two and let the hedgehog have one.

But to fully appreciate how cool my Santa is, I need to post pictures.

poo poo what page are we hosting pics on this year?

the uh, any of them? if you're after a webzone to host images at I just used imgur.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Vampire Panties posted:

well to be pedantic, santa suffers from a shitload of brainworms (especially/specifically around Christmas :smith:*) and ulcerative colitis, but thats really no excuse. I went to ship your gift today, but everything was closed :smith: for what its worth I promised my santa I would take pics of their presents being opened at Yosemite, but that fell through too

TBH I had sorta questioned if I was really :airquote: ready :airquote: to do a Secret Santa / Christmas anything but I managed to keep it together last year, and the gifts I receive are quite literally the only present I receive all year. I'm not a big stuff person, but receiving something that somebody particularly & purposefully chose to give me makes me go :3: Speaking of, my santa :swoon: delivered :swoon:

Zonzo is hilarious, and seemingly very ethically/smartly sourced from a local Goodwill?

* maybe I will go do a post in the Rejected Parents thread about my relationship w/ christmas, but its an extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely bummer set of stories

We all just doing our best! For me, I tried to suicide earlier this year as I had been going full on into therapy and catharsis occurred. That poo poo was scary and I feel bad for my partner who has had to deal with me. She does well though!

Just know, I ain’t begrudging you at all. I also suffer from :effort: at times. We all do. Was just posting an update and without being in front of each other, I probably read as miffed. Not at all!

The holidays can suck. I’ve tried to make mine be fun and heartwarming but my parents’ abuses are pretty powerful to deal with.

What I’ll say to you is that you are moving forward and that owns! You were and remain ready!

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

gently caress you snow for making me wait an extra day for this GIGANTIC PACKAGE from hendersa!

Jesus Christ this is the biggest box I’ve ever gotten for SASSmass.

AIR!

:ohdear: A ransom note?

Oh. My. God.

I cannot believe this haul, man. All these things are SO COOL! I have been saying for days that I need a new water bottle as I need one without a straw so this NY one is well timed. The puzzle legit made me angry just looking at it, so I look forward to working on it soon! Sasquatch is SUPER STOKED for the Sci-fi books and the murder mystery. I am looking forward to the MEAT, and the really interesting candy I’ve never seen before!

Thank you also for the book on grief - I’m very touched by the kind words and the thoughtful present. I’ll definitely take a look at it when I have some time tomorrow.

hendersa, you loving rock socks. Thank you. Now please enjoy the pics of my cat enjoying the gently caress out of the mice.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Ars Arcanum posted:

Santa came!

Complete with cute drawings on the box:

Inside:

OMG BEE!!!

SO many presents (and the wrapping paper was so adorable I had to be super careful with it so I could save as much as possible for later)!
Included were Buckeyes (which I've often seen gifted for SASS, but I've never before made or tried myself), and a mini Christmas stollen!

This made me pretty excited because my mom's family is German (my grandma immigrated when she was five years old), and we make our family's traditional stollen recipe every year. Interested in seeing how this one tastes!

Also included was this foreboding note:

And a lovely card:

Now, to open the wrapped presents! Inside were

and

...Ok, that looks lovely I suppose. But the boxes seemed to have strange weights, so I opened them.

Why, that's not mug cakes at all! It's actually a lovely mug!

And not just any mug, but a Christkindlmarkt mug! My city also does an annual Christkindlmarkt, so I geeked out a little over this.

The other box contained...something legendary...

Holy crap, I've finally been Malorted! :woop:

Thank you Miz Kriss for the awesome presents and for being a Santa of exceptional distinction!

Yay! I'm so glad it got to you in one piece! I forgot to protect the mug with some bubble wrap (thought I did write fragile on the package) so I was a bit worried the handle would chip off or something.

Though, I have to laugh because I believe another Santee also got a Chicago Christkindlmarkt mug and some Malort and I had to do a double take in the thread.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I miss the SASS tradition of drawing penises all over the box.

Or sending the return address as the dildo factory.

These are really cool and I regret not doing sass for fear I'd forget about it or miss a deadline and be a blighted goon.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Apologies to Santa, work got crazy and then I got the Rona pretty bad. All is well now though. I got a very soft blanket, some Futurama stickers, some more specifically Scruffy decals and what I have been told are stress toys. My laptop and knockoff yeti tumbler will definitely have stickers on them in short order. Thank you Santa Cowslips!

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I don't know if you have a kitty but that looks like a really good fluffing blanket for them to make biscuts on! Also just looks warm even if you don't have a kittie!

E: Also good that you are feeling better!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Apologies to Santa, work got crazy and then I got the Rona pretty bad. All is well now though. I got a very soft blanket, some Futurama stickers, some more specifically Scruffy decals and what I have been told are stress toys. My laptop and knockoff yeti tumbler will definitely have stickers on them in short order. Thank you Santa Cowslips!

I did not send you Rona for Sassmas! But I shall if I get you next year! :)

No seriously am glad everything came and you are feeling better.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

ChickenDoodle posted:

hendersa, you loving rock socks. Thank you.
I'm glad that you liked everything! I figured that I should go above and beyond for you this SASSMAS because of everything that you've been through this year. If only the snow had held off for one more day! You almost received that package on the 24th, which would have been perfect. Oh well. You can't win them all. :sassargh:

Merry SASSMAS!

quote:

Now please enjoy the pics of my cat enjoying the gently caress out of the mice.

:allears:

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

My Santee got their stuff a while ago but still hasn't posted :colbert:

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Shinmera posted:

My Santee got their stuff a while ago but still hasn't posted :colbert:

Same.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Santa came!

Covered in bees...

And cats...

It's a box!

With chocolate! Toffee! Honey! Bone suckin' sauce (:quagmire:)! Beees! And a frog! (And, blocked by the cat, a steam gift card.)

What I did not see was a name, other than the real name on the UPS label, but thank you mysterious Santa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The rest of my Santee’s gifts arrived today, so I’ll be digging out that wrapping paper from the closet again and trying to get it shipped out tomorrow!