Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Duality isn't that big of a floo hit when Advent exists and it costs +1 Slot to throw in either bird EB immortal and just use small world instead over duality anyway.

Floo also doesn't really need the hit. I'm more weirded out by the Branded 'hit' were people running more than 2 Aloober the Boobers? That deck has so many ways to recover them or search them or use them in GY I didn't think you needed 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Of course like pretty much every ban list the game has ever had it has the problem that Konami is way too kids gloves with it and always is too limited in scope, in an ideal world the list would probably be like ten times larger at minimum

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What was finally abusing Block Dragon enough to get it limited? (Isn't it still banned in the OCG?)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Of course like pretty much every ban list the game has ever had it has the problem that Konami is way too kids gloves with it and always is too limited in scope, in an ideal world the list would probably be like ten times larger at minimum

No that would suck rear end actually.

girl dick energy posted:

What was finally abusing Block Dragon enough to get it limited? (Isn't it still banned in the OCG?)

Still Adamancipator.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
It's a dragon ruler

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm more weirded out by the Branded 'hit' were people running more than 2 Aloober the Boobers? That deck has so many ways to recover them or search them or use them in GY I didn't think you needed 3.

It's a search on summon, so having 3 significantly increased the chance of drawing Branded Fusion. (I can't think of a competitive deck where they would not run max copies of a card that searches their archetype or main card.) All competitive Branded Despia run 3 of the Jester.

girl dick energy posted:

No, it's only banned in TCG. It's completely unlimited in OCG.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah getting Branded Fusion into rotation is critical and if you already have one there's a wide variety of other branded spells you can search that improve your endboard.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah let me run 2 instead of 3 of the card that starts every play in my deck, that makes sense...not

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

Adamancipator, one assumes.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lmao at these soft touch MD lists

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Decided to give Tenyi Sword Soul a spin. Lost a nine match win streak in Platinum to a Marincess deck, only because it drew all three copies of Droll & Lock Bird and Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Given that we're getting Spright/Tearlament in 2-4 months I'm ok with them not murdering any of the decks thst could potentially compete.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Given that we're getting Spright/Tearlament in 2-4 months I'm ok with them not murdering any of the decks thst could potentially compete.

Agreed, Full Power Runick is our only hope. Preferably with some extra support.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Skios posted:

Decided to give Tenyi Sword Soul a spin. Lost a nine match win streak in Platinum to a Marincess deck, only because it drew all three copies of Droll & Lock Bird and Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring.
Im glad the good guys won

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Id say Bo1 requires a heavier hand, like a preemptive ban on toadally or even a limit on ronintoadin/swap frog. MD has the privilege of being several months behind even the TCG, so they know exactly what the problem cards are, yet they dont use it.

Every set POTE onwards was stacked with normally very powerful cards yet barely any got any play because of tears-ishizu, sprights, kashtira and bystials.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They know what the problem decks are. I don't think they're interested in doing anything about them. Maybe semi Keldo, ban Visas Starfrost and unlimit VFD to try and check them.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Seem to me the banlist after the tournament are determined by the deck of winners, and if the deck are fine, they hit the side support card to make them less likely to win or reach the same rank next time.

Also soften some key cards of other deck so people will play them.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dabir posted:

They know what the problem decks are. I don't think they're interested in doing anything about them. Maybe semi Keldo, ban Visas Starfrost and unlimit VFD to try and check them.

God bless the fact that no one in this thread runs the actual ban list

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Unlimited macro + D fissure are gonna go hard when tear hits MD

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Those aren't my suggestions lol they're my predictions. Did you miss the last one they put out

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Would be nice to see Super Poly banned or limited. I've accepted that every deck I play has to beat Mirrorjade and Branded in Red at minimum, but Super Poly just sucks to play against. Hitting it now at least let's people pull the 2 re-release packs without worrying and deals with Garura down the road.

Semi Aluber was exactly what I was thinking as a bare minimum hit. Maybe it's less of an issue in Branded Despia, but I'm pretty sure 3 is normal in Branded Lich, which is also popular.

Otherwise, it's nice to see so many SR hits on the banlist. I can recoup my losses building Starry Knight. That deck is seriously unfit for even Bronze. I ended up taping it together with Agents, Trickstars and Artifacts like some Fairy Frankenstein, but I never got to summon Seiyaryu...

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I could carve a better deck from a piece of corn.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Probably! I just had 3 Seiyaryu and wanted to atone for bird crimes.

Pure is like a terrible Control deck. You have to run so many cards to enable its gimmick and even with unique flavors of Control/Stun like Condemned Witch for Droplet and Statue it's just not enough.

Blind Second is like extremely bad Ancient Warriors. Honest is something and Seiyaryu's pop effect could be useful if you can't OTK. And you will never OTK, so there's no point.

The deck does have some features going for it. Seiyaryu can also pop your own cards like Scythe or Z-Arc. The continuous spell can trade a garnet like Scythe or Shine Ball and then let you get a pop when your opponent activates something. So I leaned on these aspects and got this:

So it's bad Agents. But there are some unique interactions like since Seiyaryu is a 7 you can get a level 10 Synchro with evil Venus... uh, Seiyaryu can't be destroyed by DPE. Yeah, you get more out of using it on Chengying, but it's something!

If for some God-forsaken reason you have Pluto and Soul of the Supreme King on the field, you can respond to the summon of Z-Arc with Pluto to flip it face-down which prevents its effect from being negated, allowing it to nuke your opponent's field.

That's all I got.

I was thinking up a ritual version with Sauravius and Pendulumgraph Dragon, but ehh. There's really not much this deck can do with how much you have to invest in its playstyle, if you actually want to play it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

If I ran the banlist I'd start banning popular but not broken cards for short periods just to see what happens. Three days without Ash Blossom followed by three without Called By, let's just watch.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

If I ran the banlist I'd start banning popular but not broken cards for short periods just to see what happens. Three days without Ash Blossom followed by three without Called By, let's just watch.

Setting all hand traps to 0 except kuriboh.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Tbh mad about ash but also mad about called by is the wierdest combination

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

New banlist where I've banned every cyberse monster.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

mandatory lesbian posted:

I'm not mad about either, really (although I've never exactly been happy to see Ash Blossom), I genuinely just think it'd be really funny to gently caress with the banlist like that. This week, Halq is legal at 3 but the only tuner allowed is Flamvell Magician.

Trust me, if I were actually fuelled by things I hated seeing, I would be trying to find a state beyond 'banned' to put AA-ZEUS in.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
MD is a missed opportunity to frequently and boldly change the banlist for short periods of time to shake things up and see what happens.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

New banlist where I've banned every cyberse monster.
What did you do to get a red-text that high-effort?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
A bunch of dumbasses in QCS who think it's cool and good to call women they don't like "retarded cunts".

mandatory lesbian posted:

People mad whenever a card that prevents them from doing stuff is activated. Doesn't matter if they can play it themselves.

Syenite posted:

Unlimited macro + D fissure are gonna go hard when tear hits MD

Just like in the TCG, right?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Cleretic posted:

I would be trying to find a state beyond 'banned' to put AA-ZEUS in.

You leave Zeus alone. :colbert:

Go attack the decks he's abused in. He's perfectly fair and balanced in 8-Axis. :v:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Zeus is cool honestly. There should be more going second tools that don't just help you OTK

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Julias posted:

Just like in the TCG, right?

Nah they're waaay better in Bo1.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

What did you do to get a red-text that high-effort?

Said the qcs regulars who posted a slap fight over the word on Christmas day probably deserved the week off and it isn't a big deal and the most online posters climbed out of the woodwork to give it to me. Because online isn't real except when a mod capriciously probes people they like and then suddenly it's an indictment of the state of the forums and a moral panic (see the hilarious breakdowns in the lepers colony over it). I am impressed they used their time off to do this instead of just a red text though.

Julias posted:

People mad whenever a card that prevents them from doing stuff is activated. Doesn't matter if they can play it themselves.

Waboku was bullshit in SD Yugi and it's still bullshit today

When are we getting Rescue ACE? those seemed neat.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 28, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What the gently caress is this Danger Kuriboh abomination they want you to use in the Danger solo mode

E: against a danger lair deck

that runs Full Force Virus

Dabir fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 28, 2022

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dabir posted:

What the gently caress is this Danger Kuriboh abomination they want you to use in the Danger solo mode

Funny

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dabir posted:

It's not good and it does nothing. YOu're basically praying the bot bricks and you can get out hte 5 star kuriboh and some dangers to kill them fast enough.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

literally the same mindset behind 'ojama dark world'. these two decks like discarding, so they must synergise! except that one discards exclusively itself and doesn't care when other things discard it, and the other discards indiscriminately. fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sometimes the mixes they come up with for solo stuff is interesting-but-flawed or "yeah, I could see this working if it was actually a better deck", and then sometimes there's poo poo like that.