Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Somehow, in 70 rolls I managed to go from 33 pity on character and 62 on weapon, to having Raiden and Engulfing Lightning. I even lost the 50/50 to Keqing (I love you but I'd rather have one of the three standards I'm lacking), but then Raiden shows up in the next 10 pull anyway. Absolutely amazing night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
The net one would be okay, but it's hard to read and relies on you staying in one area, which doesn't really work.

Also, it is extremely annoying that the "win while in disguise" rebel mission means you have to be in disguise when the match ends. Not "used a disguise." So if you say, stopped being a lamp so you could run away from the guy in the last 10 seconds, too bad that doesn't count.

I do like the new levels, they're great fun. But I'm pretty sure I've gotten levels I've excluded from their level picker, and that's annoying. I don't want to be at diluc's house ever again.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I find that I am growing to really dislike having the disguise as an option, because it seems to reduce my run speed. Every time I hit the disguise button by mistake, it is a major bummer, because turning the disguise back off is non-trivial. A shame they didn't give us an alternative ability for that slot.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

they need more horrible gremlins who are also adult women

right now the representation in that quarter is basically just Yae, and she's amazing, but there should be more

Alternatively, we can just have more Yae. She's free to leave Inazuma now, she can take over the rest of Teyvat!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Also, Hu Tao is an adult

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
It's a crime we had a spooky test of courage event and Hu Tao was nowhere to be seen.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Pity count 82:

One final trial, as expected of the Magatsu Mitake Narukami no Mikoto. Very well. I will endure.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I survived. I lost every single 4-star 50-50 on the way, and Rosaria didn't show up until I was in my final pity window. What a fuckin' ordeal de gozaru.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

I still have no idea what I’m doing in this game but I saved up for Raiden and pulled her tonight, now it’s time to level her up and see what kind of goofy team I can make work. Is she of any use with Venti? He’s my go to for burst damage with his fuckstorm at the moment. The other characters I use mostly are Barbara for healing and Kaeya for freeze but I have a few others as well.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
in terms of ad-hoc random teams raiden is pretty good for any team that just wants to rotate around pressing everyone's burst. venti definitely qualifies here because his burst is like 90% of his character
she vomits energy all over everyone ensuring you can keep casting bursts on cooldown, and she buffs up her own damage based on how many bursts her teammates cast

i think she can still hit stuff in the venti burst by spamming CA during her lightning katana mode so you should be fine.
just throw two other characters with good busts in there and do your best to throw all 4 of them at once on every badguy (sadly kaeya+venti bursts don't work too well together since kaeya's icicles don't reach high enough)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Noobles posted:

I still have no idea what I’m doing in this game but I saved up for Raiden and pulled her tonight, now it’s time to level her up and see what kind of goofy team I can make work. Is she of any use with Venti? He’s my go to for burst damage with his fuckstorm at the moment. The other characters I use mostly are Barbara for healing and Kaeya for freeze but I have a few others as well.

Raiden + Venti + Barbara + (some dendro character; Collei is free if you can progress a little ways into Spiral Abyss, or dendro main character if you want to forge ahead in the main quest) could probably make a workable hyperbloom team

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah venti and raiden work well together.

honestly the full archon nahida/venti/raiden/zhongli team is pretty decent.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I think the net ability is pretty good for the hunter. In the smaller maps you can really carpet bomb the corners and high places and catch most rebels. Then grab the favor and win.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Rolling for the emo kid has me a lot further from Raiden than I'd like. At least there'll be some extra rolls from the stardust shop in a few days. My alt account got Mona. Oh well!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
On the topic of the emo kid is there a reason he doesn't gel with Raiden as a teammate? Just his greed as a hypercarry meaning he wouldn't cycle enough for everyone to skill and burst? I'm considering trying to build a Scaramouche team with her since I've got both but in the baby levels without good artifacts yet.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Coolness Averted posted:

On the topic of the emo kid is there a reason he doesn't gel with Raiden as a teammate? Just his greed as a hypercarry meaning he wouldn't cycle enough for everyone to skill and burst? I'm considering trying to build a Scaramouche team with her since I've got both but in the baby levels without good artifacts yet.

He benefits in that his crappy electro infusion would always be active if her skill's up. he can also be a source of VV if you have him with a 5 piece damage set. Other than that, not much synergy. His burst does appreciate the boost if he doesn't have his C2, and you can swap him in and fire it off pretty quickly.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ninjoatse.cx posted:

He benefits in that his crappy electro infusion would always be active if her skill's up. he can also be a source of VV if you have him with a 5 piece damage set. Other than that, not much synergy. His burst does appreciate the boost if he doesn't have his C2, and you can swap him in and fire it off pretty quickly.

Ok so not like actively terrible or negative synergy, just both have much better teammates that directly feed to strengths? I'll probably build her first since I have better characters that are 80+ that fit her.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

scaramouche wants tons of field time. he doesn't work well with basically any character who wants a lot of field time. and raiden's energy recharge stuff doesnt really help him at all. and on the flipside basically every anemo in the game except heizou would work better as a vv carrier for raiden, and thats all hed really do for her.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I may have missed it if it was posted earlier but there's an amazon prime gaming bundle available with a fragile resin, 40k mora, and 4 mystic enhancement ore. This URL might work but if not just hit up gaming.amazon.com if you have prime.
https://gaming.amazon.com/genshin-impact-2/dp/amzn1.pg.item.77d403aa-26b9-49ad-afe8-c19756520b75

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Coolness Averted posted:

there are a couple reasons they don't gel together

• field time / long rotations: scaramouche wants to spend most of his time on the field and attacking, with only 5s downtime between stance activations. normally that means just a quick eqeqeq between his three party members and then back to scara with the cooldown gone. But raiden also takes an extra 9-11ish seconds of field time with her burst, so you end up needing to stretch the whole rotation out and all your units have to wait an extra 10ish seconds longer before doing skill + burst again. slower rotations lowers the whole team's dps
  • scara's burst: his burst just isn't very strong or important to his kit relative to his NA/CA spam, to the point where people will forgo er and just use it every 2nd or 3rd rotation. 4pc shimenawa is even one of his best sets! so he doesn't personally care much about raiden's teamwide burst damage buff or energy restoration.
  • scara's teammates: his favorite teammates are buffer/support characters like faruzan and bennett who also don't do much damage with their bursts and so also don't have much raiden synergy (bennett has raiden synergy in the sense that he can buff the hell out of her, but his circle of friendship doesn't last long enough to buff both scara and raiden)

if you wanna do the wanderer+raiden team your best option would probably involve using sub-dps units that synergize strongly with raiden like xingqiu, beidou, yelan, or yae and just using wanderer as the driver. in this team his personal damage would be way lower due to the lack of dedicated buffers though, so rather than a hypercarry he would just feel more like a fancy airborne sucrose/heizou

alternately you could do an EM raiden build and make the typical OP hyperbloom 3-squad (raiden + xingqiu + nahida or dendro MC) with wanderer as the flex-slot fourth. again he would be more of a driver than a carry here though, raiden would be the main damage dealer

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 28, 2022

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
What's the next banner after Raiden? Alhaitham?
I burned my last wish and pity on wanderer, so bit sure who to save up for. Maybe Dehya, is her timeframe established?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Lobsterpillar posted:

What's the next banner after Raiden? Alhaitham?
I burned my last wish and pity on wanderer, so bit sure who to save up for. Maybe Dehya, is her timeframe established?

Alhaitham and probably Xiao are next. Dehya is 3.5

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dehya should be early march, if you want an exact date.

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

I pulled 50 times. Lost the 50/50 and got Tighnari but then got Raiden 20 pulls later. Managed to get a couple Rosarias and c1 Sayu along the way. Made myself stop when raiden showed up. Now I have 97 pulls in reserve for Deyha and Ayaka.

A good night for sure. Best of luck to you all with the RNG!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i'm just getting a whole bunch of butt ladies

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
it seems like winning as rebel in windtrace absolutely depends on yoinking the favor (assuming the hunter is decent)
but there are so many new maps now...
is there any indicator of where it's gonna spawn before it actually does or do you just have to memorize it for each map?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

RAIDEN MOMMY CAME HOME!!!!

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Eimi posted:

Alhaitham and probably Xiao are next. Dehya is 3.5

Excellent, I don't know if I want Al (but probably don't have the wishes to get him), bit don't really have much interest in Xiao. Yelan perhaps but I already have a fairly strong hydro roster.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

after all that I got like 5 Rose's, 5 Sayu's, and 1 (one) Sara.

I mean I only needed one, but cmon.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
holding judgement on dehya until i see how fun she looks to play

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
"LMAO" rescinded. C6 Sara is actually really underwhelming, and for some reason I thought Rosa C6 decreased cryo resistance too, instead of only phys (some reason -> Shenhe, probably). I'm now fairly certain that this was a horrible idea from the start, and that I actually got owned hard. Hopefully any new characters released before 4.0 are boring hypercarries, cause after Yelan/Dehya/Dr Snakes I'm gonna be all tapped out. Pulling for fun "maybe"s like Ayaka and Nilou is probably out of the question too :(

Don't pull for 4 stars!!
Or if you do, at least make sure you might get a new character out of it!!!

Edit: Wish I could just keep her separated as 2 Raidens :/

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 28, 2022

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

it seems like winning as rebel in windtrace absolutely depends on yoinking the favor (assuming the hunter is decent)
is there any indicator of where it's gonna spawn before it actually does or do you just have to memorize it for each map?
There's an indicator right before it comes up at least, I haven't noticed if it's fixed or random

But yeah it's really cool when you manage to find a really good hiding spot and fully avoid detection but they choose the 'lockdown a player for 45 seconds and pinpoint exactly where they are' ult and lose the 1 in 3 rng for getting targeted by it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I somehow got the absolute best outcome from my standard banner pity - Jean C4.

C6 Faruzan is honestly probably still better just because it's a bit finnicky keeping guys in Jean's burst area (which also doesn't last that long, though Wanderer does wild damage with the combination of Bennett's burst and Jean's 40% Anemo shred - just machine-gunning out 15-20k hits), but I don't have C6 Faruzan. Jean's C2 is really the best of her constellations, since it's super easy to maintain it constantly - it lasts a whole 15s from when Jean gets an elemental particle and gives a +15% normal attack speed bonus (plus a movement speed bonus, which is nice though not very noticeable).

It's a shame there aren't many great opportunities to make use of Anemo shred, since most Anemo characters get most of their use out of Swirl damage.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Gearhead posted:

Easiest way to explain it has to do with how the Herrscher of Reason was explained at the start: The core of the HoR was not created properly, and had several thousand different minds inside who were captured within when it formed. Collectively they decided they did NOT want to be a super villain, and the original Welt was elected to be the representative. Since then, every new HoR has required the consent of the minds inside of it to be the new HoR and use its powers. The fuckery going on in this chapter has basically prevented the minds inside of the core from holding a vote on anything, and Bronya can only continue forward by ..basically.. helping each mind inside move on until she's the last mind involved.

I guess my issue here is that They also said a bunch of stuff about how HoR was never "ascended" or "awakened" or something like that, unlike the others, and I guess that's just a weird thing to suddenly drop. Like, "there's a super herrscher form, and everyone but Bronya has had it this entire time," sort of thing.

I will say, however, that this is a much better explanation for why the Herrscher of Reason seems to be good by default than "it just is."

Radical posted:

If anyone is curious, the next two patches are Bronya battlesuit and then a double patch with Mei and Kiana battlesuits, with Mei being the free one and Kiani being the gacha one.B ronya has a passive that buffs other elements and Kiani/Mei supposedly will have skills that interact with each other, so you can run all three herrschers on the same team or as separate damage characters (or run Bronya in the place of AE.)
Well. I guess Honkai is getting $5 from me for their equivalent of Welkin this month. Not only does this sound awesome, but also I never got AE. Also With AE out of the meta we need a new Fu Hua, though. Senti doesn't count she's her own character and that's why "Fu Hua" needs to be in Genshin twice. A fusion or Seele style body sharing thing would be cool, though.

Kale posted:

The Honkai technobabble is loving hilarious. The Anti-Entropy visual novel is basically 90% that and we get gender bent Einstein, Tesla, Planck and Edison to be the catalyst for it. They also seem to be Rei, Asuka and Mitsuru respectively though I'm not sure who Edison is. I do like that at one point she Dragon Ball Z style stops what is more or less the spirit bomb in a heroic sacrifice.
Einstein is way too sassy to be Rei. All I know about Edison besides "she probably existed" is that according to her stigma set, she has a stuffed chibi Tesla.

Also, while I am good at just rolling with things and think the idea that you need to read all the side material to understand Honkai is silly (unless the side material explains everything since they got to the moon somewhere), it is kind of bizarre that Tesla and Einstein are major characters, and it's never really explained in game that they are the Tesla and Einstein, or how the gently caress they're still alive and young. (And, to be fair, that has yet to be something that matters. It's just a loving weird omission. Like if they just never actually said anywhere but the comic that Kaeya and Diluc are brothers or that Kaeya's adopted, but it was still a thing, it just never explicitly came up.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I took Raiden National for a spin and was thoroughly unimpressed.

Then I checked Xiangling's gear. It turns out I'd stripped her for parts at some point and she was running around with a level 1 1-star spear and no artifacts except a spare +8 hat. I'll reserve judgement for now.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

I took Raiden National for a spin and was thoroughly unimpressed.

Then I checked Xiangling's gear. It turns out I'd stripped her for parts at some point and she was running around with a level 1 1-star spear and no artifacts except a spare +8 hat. I'll reserve judgement for now.

It happens. I actually had to do the Dvalin fight platform mechanic for the first time in two years today because I forgot I gave Ganyu's gear to Tighnari.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I got all the primogems so I'm done with the event, but yeah, when I was playing as Rebel I'd grab the favor even if it meant I got caught because it almost inevitably results in a Rebel victory and 500-600 points instead of, like, 150 for losing.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

The new maps seem pretty rebel biased to me. I've won almost all my rebel matches and lost all my hunter matches, which is the exact opposite of the last two times the event ran. As a rebel there's just so many opportunities to juke hunters here. I've been found/flagged/revealed multiple times and just gotten away while wasting a ton of their time using terrain+gliding.

Overall it's a good thing, since you roll rebel more often and the points thus come faster. But I do miss rolling Hunter meaning an easy win.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Rebel feels very op this time. A lot of it is hunters not taking hunch due to the missions so they can't even play the game until they find the favor. But maybe they should rethink how small the props get, turning into urns and lanterns makes it too easy to stay out of LOS on high ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its also very easy to find small corners urns can drop into