Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Also getting emoted a bunch which, if were to believe Second Re-Reg, they are in fact telling me I did a really good job and not being an rear end in a top hat after my Jubilee pulls a 1 point unit out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

uXs posted:

Today I had Prof X block a Hobgoblin from jumping over, which I thought wasn't a thing.

I probably misremembered.

Still, it would be nice if the rules were consistent enough that it would be obvious what the rules are.

That "etc." At the end of his ability is load bearing

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

uXs posted:

Today I had Prof X block a Hobgoblin from jumping over, which I thought wasn't a thing.

Still, it would be nice if the rules were consistent enough that it would be obvious what the rules are.

I lost a game last night because the opponent had priority and Professor X blocked Squirrel Girl from adding a Patriot-buffed squirrel to his lane. Still kind of salty about it.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
After messing around with trying to make a deck with Doc Ock work for this week I decided to try and build around another card I enjoy a lot: Ronan the Accuser. After reading up on some Darkhawk deck synergy I figured I could re-tool some of those cards to work for Ronan.

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Korg
# (2) Baron Mordo
# (2) Viper
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Sandman
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Rockslide
# (5) Magik
# (5) Ronan the Accuser
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9uYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktvcmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJvY2tzbGlkZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYnJpaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlwZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJhcm9uTW9yZG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9kaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ2lrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTYW5kbWFuIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

It has been going okay so far, and it seems like Magik has been the key. With the extra turn 7 I can spit out a Maximus/Baron Mordo combo and get 10 power in one lane and add 6 to my Ronan, which has made for some hilarious swings. I also had a game where Sinister London was one of the locations. With Sunspot and Debrii clogging everything then a Sandman to stop the opponent playing a bunch of cards my Sunspots nearly won those two lanes on their own. The only issue I have is if Odin is actually good in here or not. I suppose he can activate a lot of cards but with the extra turn maybe I should put something else there. If I had Magneto that would probably be my alternate choice but I have not opened him yet.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

the_american_dream posted:

Also getting emoted a bunch which, if were to believe Second Re-Reg, they are in fact telling me I did a really good job and not being an rear end in a top hat after my Jubilee pulls a 1 point unit out

just imagine they're laughing with you, not at you

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

King of the Cosmos posted:

After messing around with trying to make a deck with Doc Ock work for this week I decided to try and build around another card I enjoy a lot: Ronan the Accuser. After reading up on some Darkhawk deck synergy I figured I could re-tool some of those cards to work for Ronan.

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Korg
# (2) Baron Mordo
# (2) Viper
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Sandman
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Rockslide
# (5) Magik
# (5) Ronan the Accuser
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9uYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktvcmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJvY2tzbGlkZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYnJpaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlwZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJhcm9uTW9yZG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9kaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ2lrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTYW5kbWFuIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

It has been going okay so far, and it seems like Magik has been the key. With the extra turn 7 I can spit out a Maximus/Baron Mordo combo and get 10 power in one lane and add 6 to my Ronan, which has made for some hilarious swings. I also had a game where Sinister London was one of the locations. With Sunspot and Debrii clogging everything then a Sandman to stop the opponent playing a bunch of cards my Sunspots nearly won those two lanes on their own. The only issue I have is if Odin is actually good in here or not. I suppose he can activate a lot of cards but with the extra turn maybe I should put something else there. If I had Magneto that would probably be my alternate choice but I have not opened him yet.
For Doc oc he seems to go really well with shuri. That and galactus seem like his best uses.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

No Wave posted:

For Doc oc he seems to go really well with shuri. That and galactus seem like his best uses.

Those both sound fantastic. Unfortunately I haven't gotten either of those cards yet! But I still love his effect and wanted to make it work. It was okay and I didn't lose a bunch of ranks, just a couple. The times it worked though, glorious. My stars of that particular deck were Mojo and Spider-Woman. If my opponent had some combo they were waiting to play(say, a Surfer/3 drop) I could pull it out early and the swing it with the extra power afforded by those two cards.

I saved the deck and once I get Shuri or Galactus you KNOW I'm busting it back out.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Do you have Red Hood, Viper or Green Goblin? Could be another interesting angle to fill your opponents board with stuff before Doc.

Edit: I’m a dumbass, you’ve clearly got Viper.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

the_american_dream posted:

Ok yea I might as well stop trying. Im not getting out of the 80s without a complete P3 collection at least. Running into complete meta decks with infinite cardbacks excusively. Oh well made it farther than last season :)

I’m in the same boat. Been bouncing between 82 and 84 for a week now. All opponents are infinite and running either some kind of Leader ramp, Mr Negative, and/or Surfer. Really tough to challenge with the cards I have; I have Death Wave but it folds to Leader which can show up in any deck. My Dino decks run even at best against all of the above, even with an Aero spike at the end.

Hoping I can pull the last cards I need for a Patriot and/or Surfer deck in the next few days but until then I think I’m stuck at this rank.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

uXs posted:

You didn't misremember. Prof X was changed to prevent cards switching sides in his lane after players pointed out the inconsistency of him stopping everything else related to movement.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I've had a lot of luck today with my Wong deck where it goes T4 Wong, T5 White Tiger, T6 Odin. It's very useful to counter locations where cards get destroyed if you play there, or you can't play cards at all. I also have Black Panther in there that can substitute for White Tiger if necessary.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Just got into this over the weekend, but I seem to be stuck around Rank 30. I just unlocked the Collector if that helps and I can finally start building decks rather than just having the equivalent of the starter deck. Any advice for being able to climb higher?

Here's the primary decks I have running if that helps.

# (1) Elektra
# (1) Angel
# (1) Nova
# (1) Blade
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sabretooth
# (3) Sword Master
# (6) Apocalypse
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXBvY2FseXBzZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3dvcmRNYXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN3YXJtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2x2ZXJpbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJ1Y2t5QmFybmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFkZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxla3RyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNhYnJldG9vdGgifV19
#

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Iron Fist
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Kraven
# (2) Multiple Man
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Storm
# (3) Doctor Strange
# (5) Professor X
# (6) Heimdall
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmlnaHRjcmF3bGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLcmF2ZW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik11bHRpcGxlTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDbG9hayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRvY3RvclN0cmFuZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhlaW1kYWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY2FybGV0V2l0Y2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFnZW50MTMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFudE1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbkZpc3QifV19
#

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Mantis
# (2) Cable
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Morph
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Captain America
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb29uR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FwdGFpbkFtZXJpY2EifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vcnBoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZW50aW5lbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FibGUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFnZW50MTMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJpc2hvcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFudGlzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVF1ZWVuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY2FybGV0V2l0Y2gifV19
#

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Subjunctive posted:

I don’t know why but I installed this game at 1AM and now I’m looking for beginner guides and swimming in that “just confirmed my turn so now I see a better move” feeling.

It's important to know when priority works since it's dynamic based on the game state, it's not "assign priority at random and then alternate" [this is what I initially believed when I first started :doh: ]
If you look at the player's name tags, it'll glow to indicate whose cards will reveal first, which will be important if you want to play a Shang Chi vs a Cosmos vs an opponent.

The player who holds the lead in total points or number of lanes will hold priority over the other.*

This means if you are leading on turn 6, and you know your opponent is going to drop a Devil Dinosaur or an Infininaut. That Shang Chi in your hand to counter as a defensive move is useless since you won't have priority.

I started playing a Galactus/Deathwave deck and I find I have to micromanage priority to make sure I can maintain a win condition if I get Galactus out and still have my opponent hold priority on Turn 6 so I can respond to any plays he can pull off at the last minute, sometimes I will have to retreat even after getting the combo off. The same goes with dropping some wombo combo like Wave into a bunch of phat body goons on turn 6. Ideally you want to do that with your opponent having priority. Just watch out for Leader :)

And that's ok, in SNAP its absolutely part of the game to know when it's not favorable to continue if you get a bad hand combined with unfavorable lane locations while your opponent is playing a deck you are familiar with and is having a good start it's better to lose the 1 cube and move on than risk 2-4-8 for nothing.

*-I believe Ghost is an upcoming card that changes the priority mechanic so that your opponent always has priority, which is going to be nuts for control / disrupt decks.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 28, 2022

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Whoop, got the Ebony Maw winter variant out of somewhere. gently caress yes.

Jedit posted:

You didn't misremember. Prof X was changed to prevent cards switching sides in his lane after players pointed out the inconsistency of him stopping everything else related to movement.

Ah yes, because buffing him was necessary. :facepalm:

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

uXs posted:

AzureFlame posted:

That "etc." At the end of his ability is load bearing

A weird Prof X interaction I wasn't expecting: Opponent has priority and drops Prof X while I drop Enchantress in the same lane. Prof X locks down the lane, opponent gives me the thumbs up, then my Enchantress does her thing and turns Prof X off. I guess it makes sense but it was not how I thought that would play out.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Just had my first Electro -> Galactus -> Death + Knull game and I've never been madder

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Zodack posted:

Just had my first Electro -> Galactus -> Death + Knull game and I've never been madder
I hate this deck a lot. And once you see it you have to start conceding whenever galactus comes down on 5 no matter how good your board state is.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Big K of Justice posted:

It's important to know when priority works since it's dynamic based on the game state, it's not "assign priority at random and then alternate" [this is what I initially believed when I first started :doh: ]
If you look at the player's name tags, it'll glow to indicate whose cards will reveal first, which will be important if you want to play a Shang Chi vs a Cosmos vs an opponent.

The player who holds the lead in total points or number of lanes will hold priority over the other.*

This means if you are leading on turn 6, and you know your opponent is going to drop a Devil Dinosaur or an Infininaut. That Shang Chi in your hand to counter as a defensive move is useless since you won't have priority.

I started playing a Galactus/Deathwave deck and I find I have to micromanage priority to make sure I can maintain a win condition if I get Galactus out and still have my opponent hold priority on Turn 6 so I can respond to any plays he can pull off at the last minute, sometimes I will have to retreat even after getting the combo off. The same goes with dropping some wombo combo like Wave into a bunch of phat body goons on turn 6. Ideally you want to do that with your opponent having priority. Just watch out for Leader :)

And that's ok, in SNAP its absolutely part of the game to know when it's not favorable to continue if you get a bad hand combined with unfavorable lane locations while your opponent is playing a deck you are familiar with and is having a good start it's better to lose the 1 cube and move on than risk 2-4-8 for nothing.

*-I believe Ghost is an upcoming card that changes the priority mechanic so that your opponent always has priority, which is going to be nuts for control / disrupt decks.

Thank you! I will have to come back to this post when I understand the game better (I’m CL24 right now) but I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Zodack posted:

I saw something similar today only it was Electro on Sinister London, Galactus on 4 with a snap, and Spider-Man on 5 :negative:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

quiggy posted:

I saw something similar today only it was Electro on Sinister London, Galactus on 4 with a snap, and Spider-Man on 5 :negative:

Oh that's just mean

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Zodack posted:

Loses to Leader :shrug:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Someone tried to Leader me on T6 when I played Destroyer....WHOOPS

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Good news is Shuri was in the shop today so I was finally able to buy her and she has been treating me well.

Bad news is this new location is rude as hell and fucks with the efficiency of using Shuri atm... :smith:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
what's the new location?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Someone tried to Leader me on T6 when I played Destroyer....WHOOPS

100% my favorite thing that happens in the game

flatluigi posted:

what's the new location?

Morag, you can't play your first card that turn, every turn. It's weird but interesting

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
hm

i'd probably treat it as a 'you can't play stuff here' location and pull out patriot ultron again, though i bet a bunch of people are gonna be playing killmonger

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Waffleopolis posted:

Good news is Shuri was in the shop today so I was finally able to buy her and she has been treating me well.

Bad news is this new location is rude as hell and fucks with the efficiency of using Shuri atm... :smith:
I hate giving advice to shuri players because she's overpowered (yet everyone complains about leader). But use her with Vision.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Morag is interesting. It punishes greedier decks that want to play their low-cost cards on curve. On its own, it’s no big deal, mixed with things like Death’s Domain or the Sanctorum, and it’s annoying.

Move decks might be strong with it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
what's a basic move deck look like? the archetype never looked like much to me especially with Extremely Telegraphed Heimdall but i should maybe put one together for this hot location i guess

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I like Morag a lot, Vormir and Morag are both very cool locations so that's two good ones in a row. (Klyntar I hate, would be fine if the symbiote wasn't 1 energy but for some stupid reason it is)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Argh, I keep bouncing between 68 and 70. I don't want to get booted down any lower than i have to be when the season ends

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

No Wave posted:

I hate giving advice to shuri players because she's overpowered (yet everyone complains about leader). But use her with Vision.

:doh:

I already have a deck with him in it. Didn't think of running that.

And yeah she is overpowered. Needs to be 0 power.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

No Wave posted:

I like Morag a lot, Vormir and Morag are both very cool locations so that's two good ones in a row. (Klyntar I hate, would be fine if the symbiote wasn't 1 energy but for some stupid reason it is)

Yeah as an Electro Enjoyer I should really like Klyntar but Killmonger's existence just makes that location a dud for me. That said, it's been a cool stream of locations, I just hope they go back to naming them poo poo like "New York" because I cannot keep any of the made-up names straight. Also I'm impressed at how long they've managed to keep adding new locations while keeping them fresh or interesting and it seems they have no plans of stopping -- I thought they'd surely burn out at a one a week.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Started this not too long ago and doing pretty good I think made it to 42 so far. I'm guessing since the season appears to be ending soon I should save all this gold to refresh missions once the new season starts? Also can you get all the way through the season rewards if you just play the game like normal and finish all the season missions?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

flatluigi posted:

what's a basic move deck look like? the archetype never looked like much to me especially with Extremely Telegraphed Heimdall but i should maybe put one together for this hot location i guess

I still don’t have that many strong cards so my move deck is based on Iron Fist, Kraven, Dr Strange, Multiple Man, Cloak, Vulture, and Heimdall. Usually I can find a way to move Vulture around enough to get him and Kraven strong enough to win. I’ve tried to play around with some other cards to accompany those. Miles Morales is a little underwhelming; Rescue has been surprisingly good. I also got Polaris recently and that’s been interesting as a way to mess up plays in destroy decks while giving Kraven a little boost. Always fun to move a Bucky Barnes on the turn when the opponent drops a Carnage.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Push El Burrito posted:

Started this not too long ago and doing pretty good I think made it to 42 so far. I'm guessing since the season appears to be ending soon I should save all this gold to refresh missions once the new season starts? Also can you get all the way through the season rewards if you just play the game like normal and finish all the season missions?

Yeah if you're playing from the start of the season and you do your dailies you will end up way past the end of season rewards. You'll continue getting random chests that give you stuff after hitting 50 on the season track, but they're usually pretty low value -- if you opt to buy the season pass there's really no good reason to get the more expensive one that gives you bonus levels, hitting 50 is a cinch.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

No Wave posted:

Man Elektra did WORK those two days. Just absolutely monster value for a 1 cost 1 power when anyone played on there before turn 4.

But yeah, Vormir and Morag are both really cool mechanics. I like Vormir more in regular rotation than as a featured location (I feel like Morag will end up similar).

Started learning negative decks. They seem fine but you may as well retreat if a) you draw more than 3, 0 power cards before turn 4. b) you don't get negative into your deck by turn 4 (or if you have a ramp card, turn 3). c) you can't get Sera on the field at all.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

uXs posted:

Whoop, got the Ebony Maw winter variant out of somewhere. gently caress yes.

The only winter variant I haven't gotten, and it's the one I want. :argh:

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Just had a brave soul try and stay in as long as possible after Sakar revealed turn 1 and pull in my Mr Negative and their Iron Man. I'm not sure what they stuck in after turn after turn of no cards played on my side. Like it's really impossible to get 6 straight bad cards after negative hits the deck. Also had Limbo so there was another draw, still didn't retreat. They finally retreated on turn 6 I play Psylocke and Brood.

Was gearing up for an epic T7 with a full 7 cards able to be played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

cirus posted:

Loses to Leader :shrug:

Cool, my deck doesn't run Leader or Cosmo