Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

That can happen if you 'banish' an item, which prevents it from showing up in level up menus for the rest of the run. If you banish an item in the level up menu and then later pick the same item up off the ground, or if you banish an item you're already carrying, the unfilled squares will turn red and it will be impossible to level up any further.

It can also happen if you only have cursed items left to upgrade, the game will not force you to max those out so if you save them for last it will just go to chicken/gold options rather than make you take the curse. You have to leave at least one non cursed upgrade available if you want to max everything out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Gadzuko posted:

It can also happen if you only have cursed items left to upgrade, the game will not force you to max those out so if you save them for last it will just go to chicken/gold options rather than make you take the curse. You have to leave at least one non cursed upgrade available if you want to max everything out

I'm not sure I believe this based on how many times over the hundreds of hours I've played I saved them for last

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Len posted:

I'm not sure I believe this based on how many times over the hundreds of hours I've played I saved them for last

Come to think of it the ring definitely can be saved for last. I know it happened to me with the skull o'maniac, maybe that was just a bug? I haven't tested it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Slowly unlocking everything in vampire survivor. Had an amazing run with 5 unions and managed to last 31 minutes until the forced run ender came along. It hard for me to not want to just build all of the unions every single run now though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anymore when I play I just lock it at one weapon and hit go. Some runs go far smoother than others. Is the dlc content in the mobile port?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shwqa posted:

Slowly unlocking everything in vampire survivor. Had an amazing run with 5 unions and managed to last 31 minutes until the forced run ender came along. It hard for me to not want to just build all of the unions every single run now though.

Doesn't the run ender show up at 30? I'm trying to figure out how to survive past the 30mark.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

drat Vampire Survivors might be the best mobile game I've played in general for a long long time, clearly more polished than the other survival clones in the store.

I'm using a pixel 7 Pro and I barely get slowdown right towards the 30 minute mark, I imagine anyone with an older phone is holding an actual flaming device by the end

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Len posted:

Anymore when I play I just lock it at one weapon and hit go. Some runs go far smoother than others. Is the dlc content in the mobile port?

Not yet, but they're working on it. Expect it some time early next year.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Not yet, but they're working on it. Expect it some time early next year.

The characters and weapons are neat but God drat did I dislike the map

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

m.hache posted:

Doesn't the run ender show up at 30? I'm trying to figure out how to survive past the 30mark.

Spoilers

you can kill the red death. You basically need the union involving the lancet. The union of the shield weapon is a big help as well.

after that a white death show up that you can't interact with will slow walk up and insta gib you.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Shwqa posted:

Spoilers

you can kill the red death. You basically need the union involving the lancet. The union of the shield weapon is a big help as well.

after that a white death show up that you can't interact with will slow walk up and insta gib you.

Other ways of getting past minute 30:

1: Clock Lancet can freeze Death in place briefly. If you have a few Revives on hand, you can often stall Death enough to eke out another minute on the clock.

2: When you unlock Endless mode, that turns off the 30-minute Reaper; basically, the enemies recycle from the beginning once you're past that time increment.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I have such a hard time getting the Lancet and shield upgrades. They are so far away from eachother.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

m.hache posted:

I have such a hard time getting the Lancet and shield upgrades. They are so far away from eachother.

The library has them pretty close together. You only need to go left and then right instead of all four directions. They also seem to be closer together than the tower level.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Shwqa posted:

Spoilers

You don't need to go that far. Just the regular lancet + laurel are enough to stall the reaper for 1-3 minutes and earn the 31-minute run achievements, no ultra secret evolutions required.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
if youre going for a death kill absolutely prioritise the laurel evolution by getting the metaglios first. once you have it evolved you can often get away with just sprinting straight through everything for the rings, especially with some kind of lifesteal like the whip

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I just use the arcana that brings everything to me

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I like the arcana with the healing AoE attack that also pushes mobs back through walls.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there no thread for Marvel Snap? It's got me hooked so I was looking for a place to discuss deck builds.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Walla posted:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there no thread for Marvel Snap? It's got me hooked so I was looking for a place to discuss deck builds.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4002418

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
it used to be in this subforum but got moved to Video Games when it officially released out of beta and the thread got way more active

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's also on steam now with crossplay so it's not technically just a mobile game

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That explains it. Thanks!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
After a recent phone scare I realized I wanted to have a backup authenticator, somehow, on my PC or something, for if my phone goes down but I still have to access stuff. I couldn't easily find any solutions, and this may be more of a PC tech question than a phone question, but since Google Auth seems to exclusively live on mobile devices, what is the way you folks have a backup/alternate to those codes?

Edit: Oh piss, I realize in my panic this is the gaming thread and not general android thread (that I also follow). I'm dumb, but i'll take any advice anyway. Sorry :negative:

Morter fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 28, 2022

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I think you can get one time codes to use expressly for that purpose

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Morter posted:

After a recent phone scare I realized I wanted to have a backup authenticator, somehow, on my PC or something, for if my phone goes down but I still have to access stuff. I couldn't easily find any solutions, and this may be more of a PC tech question than a phone question, but since Google Auth seems to exclusively live on mobile devices, what is the way you folks have a backup/alternate to those codes?

Edit: Oh piss, I realize in my panic this is the gaming thread and not general android thread (that I also follow). I'm dumb, but i'll take any advice anyway. Sorry :negative:

I believe WinAuth let's you generate Google authentication codes. I haven't used it in years, but it worked great in 2018.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
1password is good in general and can handle 2FA for logins as well. Available on major platforms and synced across them.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
google lets you print a set of 'backup codes' that can each be used for a one-time login to your account wiithout needing the authenticator

i printed them out and stuck the thing in my wallet which now that i think about it is a pretty bad idea if i ever lose it, i should probably just forget them in a drawer at home somewhere

note though that these are only specifically for logging into your google account. afaik there is no way to have a backup of the whole 2FA authenticator, since it only offers the option to transfer accounts and not to copy them. if you lose your phone you will need to recover each of those 2fa-protected accounts individiually. having access to your gmail account from the backup codes thing will help a ton though

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Magic Survival got a big update, changed a bunch of stuff. Each zone now has a normal mode with a final wave at 12 minutes, beating that unlocks an endless mode for that zone and then opens up the next zone as well. The class level system also got changed but doesn't seem to be working as I made no progress with warlock the two games I've played so far.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
The class progress now depends on gems or some such. It should have converted any levels you'd already had in your classes to those gems.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Yeah, latest Magicl Survival (0.8593) - the "Shop" option has "Research Data" (1 for 20 gems or 10 for 180 gems), stuck in between the the real money purchases (below that you can also trade gems for research gold on the "Shop" oage).
The "Reseach Data" is random change and each level of it will add a level/point to the rank for a class.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

DroneRiff posted:

Yeah, latest Magicl Survival (0.8593) - the "Shop" option has "Research Data" (1 for 20 gems or 10 for 180 gems), stuck in between the the real money purchases (below that you can also trade gems for research gold on the "Shop" oage).
The "Reseach Data" is random change and each level of it will add a level/point to the rank for a class.

I had all the classes maxed and now I have tier one(of four) in 8 classes. RIP me. Turning it into a Gacha is hilarious.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Ah ok, I had ~2300 gems from all the classes being finished previously I just couldn't figure out how to use them

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Morter posted:

I started using Aegis, which has the ability to backup/export these tokens

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beemdevelopment.aegis

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Magic Survival got a big update, changed a bunch of stuff. Each zone now has a normal mode with a final wave at 12 minutes, beating that unlocks an endless mode for that zone and then opens up the next zone as well. The class level system also got changed but doesn't seem to be working as I made no progress with warlock the two games I've played so far.

I love that the Magic Survival dev is willing to just rip out and rebuild whole systems as part of the .8593 update.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I do like the new system where you get a guaranteed Legendary artifact drop after each wave. It helps minimize that "this run will only be a success if I get Joker or Iron Maiden as a lucky drop" factor.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

delfin posted:

I do like the new system where you get a guaranteed Legendary artifact drop after each wave. It helps minimize that "this run will only be a success if I get Joker or Iron Maiden as a lucky drop" factor.

Yeah that is really nice. Is there a trick to gems though? I just had what I thought was a really good run, 29:30, 57k kills, level 81 and I got.... 21 gems. Which is the lowest of any post patch run so far

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The PC survival/crafting open world game Dysmantle is on Android now apparently and the port is actually really good. Seems like a good fit for a game where you whack stuff for materials to make things. I guess this has been out for a while but I only just discovered it. $10 up front but no IAP's or anything outside of the DLC which can be purchased separately.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

explosivo posted:

The PC survival/crafting open world game Dysmantle is on Android now apparently and the port is actually really good. Seems like a good fit for a game where you whack stuff for materials to make things. I guess this has been out for a while but I only just discovered it. $10 up front but no IAP's or anything outside of the DLC which can be purchased separately.

I haven't heard of this but I'm interested. Is there any kind of time pressure, like rebuild the island before the volcano goes off, or is it more casual, go at your own speed, like Graveyard Keeper? (please say it's like Graveyard Keeper, I crave a casual crafting game)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Farquar posted:

I haven't heard of this but I'm interested. Is there any kind of time pressure, like rebuild the island before the volcano goes off, or is it more casual, go at your own speed, like Graveyard Keeper? (please say it's like Graveyard Keeper, I crave a casual crafting game)

Seems like a go at your own pace thing so far but I've literally only played for like 15 minutes. There's zombies in it so there won't be no external pressure but it looks like the loop is scrounging for materials by breaking it with your crowbar which in turn lets you upgrade your crowbar to break down bigger items which net you better materials, etc. I do like how you auto-deposit things into a chest when you camp and crafting pulls from that inventory so rather than fumbling with an inventory it looks like you're just running materials back to base to dump into a chest then crafting from a list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

Farquar posted:

I played a bit at release, but sputtered out about halfway.

From that much -- it's a lot of open world exploring and knocking things down with bats. The events all looked to be gated by the story/upgrades/levels, so no real pressure. Some fairly light combat?

I will say, unless the dlc added like a lot of content to what already existed, not a lot of crafting. It's more about knocking down things to upgrade weapons to knock down increasingly larger/sturdier things. Very minor basebuilding almost minigame a couple hours in.