Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I can see why the game got delayed so long, if these are the bugs it released with just imagine what bugs they continuously coded over the past couple years that caused them to push back the release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I can see why the game got delayed so long, if these are the bugs it released with just imagine what bugs they continuously coded over the past couple years that caused them to push back the release.

They also apparently revamped the entire crafting system after the first beta several months back. So, yeah.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'd really love to know what their previous crafting system looked like. How bad would it have been to justify scrapping it and releasing with nothing.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

S.J. posted:

This is what I've been assuming as well but if this was the case you'd sure as gently caress think they would've announced it early on

lmao

just lmfao

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

S.J. posted:

i don't even know how to loving respond to this lmao

This sort of thing happens even in big budget games. Civilization VI had a typo in a script file that massively hosed over a whole style of play, and Aliens: Colonial Marines had a typo that basically broke the AI and made the game not so much unplayable as whyplayable. Both could be fixed with Notepad.exe.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

lol fatshark rules

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Noticed I was 13/15 on the "complete 15 Malice+ missions in a row without getting downed" penance, and of course the very next mission my entire team somehow simultaneously dies to 2 ambient crushers, a few poxwalkers, and absolutely nothing else while I'm finishing up placing skulls on computers for the finale. I did not survive.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Grognan posted:

I'm hearing that I would like to dual wield power sword and plas pistol

Fixed that typo for you. :colbert:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Move the Power Sword over to the Zealot, give the Veteran a Plasma Pistol and a Hellfire Las.

I mean seriously, the Vet doesn't need unique melee weapons. Maybe give them the Dueling Blade as a replacement.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Vargs posted:

Noticed I was 13/15 on the "complete 15 Malice+ missions in a row without getting downed" penance, and of course the very next mission my entire team somehow simultaneously dies to 2 ambient crushers, a few poxwalkers, and absolutely nothing else while I'm finishing up placing skulls on computers for the finale. I did not survive.

Was on mission 15 of 15, at the clean the water finale, where I got downed by a Crusher. I thought I could back dash out of its range. I was incorrect.

I don't think I'll get be getting that penance frame any time soon.

kalthir
Mar 15, 2012

I played the last six games for that as an Ogryn because I didn't want to take any chances. I'm also at 19/20 for that dodge without taking damage one, which is...frustrating.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

It’s very weird to log in to this thread to see all the complaints because I still have an outrageous amount of fun zooming around, stomping snivelers and bashing dudes into orbit with my thunder hammer. I agree that there are a lot of QOL changes I’d like to see but the game is just super fun to play right now so it’s hard to get too mad about it.

Literally nobody is denying that the actual combat is fun and good.

I's just that as usual, literally every single other system that's not actual moment-to-moment combat, is awful to interact with. If I didn't get pissed off by crashes or broken contracts or being cockblocked by the weapons store I'd probably still play just for the actual combat, same reason I still play DRG despite having 0 unlockables left for ages. But interacting with all the broken, poorly-thought out, or half-implemented poo poo makes it not worth it to me to keep trying.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I've almost bought VT2 a few times recently but instead each time I just play DT again. It feels like I'd be buying a lesser version of the moment to moment gameplay but a better 'metagame'. For those who have both, is that a fair assessment or would you still go back to VT2 even after the DT 'metagame' is fixed.
I found myself going back to Vermintide. It's definitely true that the addition of more ranged combat and cover shakes things up. But I find the DT levels worse, the banter worse, the itemisation worse, the stability worse and the lack of content worse. I hadn't played VT2 for ages so I've been having fun with some of the new content, like the Chaos Wastes and the new missions. I also, as a personal thing, just prefer WHFB to 40K. I don't dislike DT but it feels half done. YMMV of course!

But if you like the core DT gameplay but are running out of content then I suspect you'll enjoy VT2. It's on sale at the moment as well.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Dec 28, 2022

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
I don't know about that, but I had the title line in Vermin Tide

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I love the cutthroat veteran's voice actor. I don't think I've laughed this much at line delivery in a video game since Fallout. You can almost hear the spittle hitting the microphone.

"Ev'wey bu'wet a pwayuh of v'wengence..."

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Conflicted. I haven't had anything better to spend the Melkbux on yet. I realize it has slightly less Finesse and worse perks.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Slaughterer sounds insane on a power sword.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

What is the ideal range weapon for zealot anyway. The flamethrower got me out of hairy situations in heretic difficulty but wonder if something more ranged would be useful

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like braced auto on zealot, tiny bit of setup time for a good midrange punch.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

SplitSoul posted:

Conflicted. I haven't had anything better to spend the Melkbux on yet. I realize it has slightly less Finesse and worse perks.

The blessings on the leftmost one are better imo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Zephro posted:

The blessings on the leftmost one are way better imo

i dunno, i feel like the cleave and the ignore hit mass on a power sword are almost a moot point. what you'd REALLY want is supercharged+slaughterer (albeit not a choice here)

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Cowcaster posted:

i dunno, i feel like the cleave and the ignore hit mass on a power sword are almost a moot point. what you'd REALLY want is supercharged+slaughterer (albeit not a choice here)
Yeah, I just stealth edited to "better" from "way better" :)

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

boredsatellite posted:

What is the ideal range weapon for zealot anyway. The flamethrower got me out of hairy situations in heretic difficulty but wonder if something more ranged would be useful

If you want more range, try the bolter or heavy lasgun.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sharkopath posted:

I like braced auto on zealot, tiny bit of setup time for a good midrange punch.

I'm still leveling my zealot, and this has become my preferred ranged weapon. It chews through tougher enemies nicely and is perfectly flexible for laying into hordes if you don't feel like getting stuck in yourself.

Although I did just unlock my first bolter so I'm going to give that a try.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

boredsatellite posted:

Shotgun and revolver were my two favorites. Both are good at ranged elite deletion.

Ammo also isn’t so dear for them that you’re an rear end in a top hat for blapping random walkers to do a challenge etc.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you use your ranged weapon as a Special/monster deleter, then the bolter is hard to beat. It can kill snipers at extreme ranges and removes any hard target nearby almost immediately when you burst it

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Zephro posted:

The blessings on the leftmost one are better imo

I imagine I'll be able to replace one of them at some point, anyway. Which perk should I roll for?

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 28, 2022

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

SplitSoul posted:

get the left one, slaughterer is broken on powersword because you full stack it with 1 special heavy

reroll perk until you get anti carapace

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

boredsatellite posted:

On damnation I almost always bring the bolter, there's just way too many crushers and bulwarks around and you can still snipe quite well with it if you can handle the recoil.

On heresy the shotgun is my favorite though, since it's versatile and you can whip it out really fast. Plus apparently zealots have a bit of an orky thing going on where they can suddenly pierce carapace with their bullets if they shout really hard, so that covers the occasional crusher.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Alright I've give the shotgun and bolter a shot when I get a chance (and when the shop updates)

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

"Exodee" [/quote posted:

On heresy the shotgun is my favorite though, since it's versatile and you can whip it out really fast. Plus apparently zealots have a bit of an orky thing going on where they can suddenly pierce carapace with their bullets if they shout really hard, so that covers the occasional crusher.

You are dashing forward, adding that momentum to the bullet. The bullets think you are still dashing for a few seconds so they go faster to match their reality

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I've noticed the carapace perk gets a lot of love in this thread, but I don't run it on any of my weapons. Crushers aren't common enough to justify it, in my experience.

e: I don't play with bolters or power swords, though.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 28, 2022

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the ogryn's "+50% melee damage to large boys" perk works for ranged damage, in case you were wondering

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
but box goes boom

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Typical Pubbie posted:

I've noticed the carapace perk gets a lot of love in this thread, but I don't run it on any of my weapons. Crushers aren't common enough to justify it, in my experience.

e: I don't play with bolters or power swords, though.

It's not really worth it unless you're running a weapon that already hits carapace pretty hard.

I see lots of people recommend it on lasguns and the like, but you're adding 20% to such a low number that its better to just carry a weapon suited for it. Even then, the weapons suited to it are usually enough.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

That +critical% on ranged weapon based off bullets missing from your clip (Cruician Roulette) applying to melee trick lets you use pretty much any melee weapon as you would with the crit+bleed+toughness builds on Zealot. Paired with an Antax axe with Brutal Momentum and... lol. Even low level weapons with otherwise crappy stats are crazy.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Grognan posted:

but box goes boom

That is such a fun perk.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Exodee posted:

On damnation I almost always bring the bolter, there's just way too many crushers and bulwarks around and you can still snipe quite well with it if you can handle the recoil.

The problem with the bolter is how long it takes to ready. When I’m trying to oh gently caress delete a dog or poxburser etc it’s unacceptable to fiddle gently caress the action for ten seconds, and even when I’m sniping something across the map it’s annoying as gently caress and half the time you end up needing to blow half the mag into the handful of walkers that came up to you while you got your gun ready.

Fast ready is 100% necessary on a zealot elite deleter.

kalthir
Mar 15, 2012

One of the reasons the revolver is the superior ranged option. The other being its penetration, which works on teammates as well, preventing people from writing whiny posts about people getting in your way when you're shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
They should have made the Bolter a braced weapon.

The revolver really struggles on Heresy+. It's great on Malice, though.

e: One of the downsides to the revolver that isn't immediately apparent is that it does poo poo damage to maniacs. It's bad against trappers and flamers, enemies you want to drop quickly so you can deal with the horde.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 28, 2022