Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Sally posted:

maybe we should do another spooky game megathread

A 4 goon coop of Phasmophobia, bonus points if one can do a facecam so when the ghost goes "boo" they can like propel themselves backwards in their chair, maybe have some strategically placed objects to knock over to show how scared they are.

Basically this is my LP request

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Odd Wilson posted:

Now, does this allow you slicing for correction or is this absolutely no correction?

You can't rotate the player (assuming he automatically aims towards the cup like in the golf games I've played before).
I'd let the player change how they strike the ball itself (topspin, backspin, etc.). If they want hard mode, get rid of that, too.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Mister Facetious posted:

You can't rotate the player (assuming he automatically aims towards the cup like in the golf games I've played before).
I'd let the player change how they strike the ball itself (topspin, backspin, etc.). If they want hard mode, get rid of that, too.

Alright, makes sense. I gave this idea a test shot in Neo Turf for a few holes and I'm kinda mad I wasn't recording as this was going really well for a while.

Well, until the 15 mph wind to the west kicked up because I stuck difficulty on max. If that didn't kill it, my inevitable choke on some later hole would ruin that streak of par and birdies. It's easy on my hands at least.

What I'm saying is that this is a good idea and I might just do it. A megathread of this could be good fun.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Odd Wilson posted:

What I'm saying is that this is a good idea and I might just do it. A megathread of this could be good fun.

Megathread would be fun. I have a copy of PGA2K21 on PS5 that I could try this out on. Crank all the weather and wind effects to max and try to make it work. Not sure if it does auto-aiming at the hole, though.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Psycho Knight posted:

Megathread would be fun. I have a copy of PGA2K21 on PS5 that I could try this out on. Crank all the weather and wind effects to max and try to make it work. Not sure if it does auto-aiming at the hole, though.

I'll get to writing up an OP and a first go about it, then.

Aside from that, I do have a LP request of my own. I'd love to see a LP of PokeWilds, a fan game that's a randomly generated, Gen 2 styled adventure (but with later gen pokemon) that I found out exists recently.

It's almost like Survival Kids + Pokemon Crystal from what I've seen. That's about all I know about it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Psycho Knight posted:

"One button golfing" :v:

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Mister Facetious posted:

"One button golfing" :v:

One stick golfing in my case.

I just recorded a video of me playing 9 holes in 2K21. Hopefully the audio will be decent enough for a test.

The long and short of it is: It started very promising, then immediately went to hell. Final score? +36 or something.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Psycho Knight posted:

One stick golfing in my case.

How do you play golf akimbo? Isn't there just one ball? I'm so confused :ohdear:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

For what it's worth, I can see myself contributing to this non-aiming golf megathread with a game or two.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
I've got the OP ready enough, I've just got to get my first update of sorts done. Don't want to just throw it up there without any content to show personally.

Off to record it right now, in fact, here's to hoping I get some nice high winds for the challenge.

Edit: Done and ready, It'll be up by Monday.

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Nov 5, 2022

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

lookw posted:

has anyone done a LP of Tunic on this site? its a zelda-esque game thats all about exploration and secrets. I recommend the game anyway.

I think I might be picking this up to do an LP of in the near future...we'll see how my schedule looks and if I can make it work.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Professor Duck posted:

I think I might be picking this up to do an LP of in the near future...we'll see how my schedule looks and if I can make it work.

Do that terrible gimmick someone suggested either earlier in this thread or in the Sandcastle where whenever Dewgy asks a question about what's going on in the game, you respond to him in absolute gibberish until you train him into just not questioning what's going on anymore.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

nine-gear crow posted:

Do that terrible gimmick someone suggested either earlier in this thread or in the Sandcastle where whenever Dewgy asks a question about what's going on in the game, you respond to him in absolute gibberish until you train him into just not questioning what's going on anymore.

While that might be amusing, I would be taking this one on solo. Dewgy and I are in the middle of planning something else outside of our Sportsball marathon that might be going up pretty soon!

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YggiDee posted:

That's why the ideal dynamic is one blind player and a co-commentator with both the knowledge to keep the LP on track and the restraint to let them explore.

I totally agree. Nweismuller and I did this on our LP of The Spirit Engine 2, and I think it was really helpful with how much insight he was able to provide while I gave my blind reactions to the story. We also did something similar, but with the roles reversed for Corpse Party (although that wasn't an LP, that was just us playing the game over discord).

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
I'd like to request an LP of Graveyard Keeper. It's a little like Stardew Valley, you can grow vegetables, catch fish, uncover the secrets of the land and do tasks for NPC's. But you're also burying dead people, harvesting their organs to sell for pocket money and trying to raise a zombie army find a way back home.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
TheStrawHatNo did a LP of Graveyard Keeper a year or two ago. Here's a link to the playlist. It may not have been posted here on SA because that was around the time that the allegations against Lowtax started coming out.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I'd like to request an LP of Graveyard Keeper. It's a little like Stardew Valley, you can grow vegetables, catch fish, uncover the secrets of the land and do tasks for NPC's. But you're also burying dead people, harvesting their organs to sell for pocket money and trying to raise a zombie army find a way back home.
ARavingLoon did a pretty comprehensive stream of it as well.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd like to request an LP of Rogue Legacy 2.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

I'd be willing to co-pilot on this, but I know that nether Dewgy or I have the patience to 1.) Get it running, or 2.) Actually play it, but I'm requesting Roger Ebert's favorite game, Cosmology of Kyoto

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone know of a Let's Play of Moon by someone who isn't going in blind?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
First of all, looks like Pokemon Legends Arceus and Tunic got LPs.

Second, I'll give New Pokemon Snap an extension.

Third, I'm requesting a new game: Pentiment.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
I'd like to request a screenshot LP of Subterrain. It's on Steam and I'm willing to buy it for them if someone will LP it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
e: oops, wrong thread

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I'm looking for a comprehensive playthrough of Dark Souls 3. Someone who knows the game, explores every area, gets every item, does every sidequest, talks about the lore, etc. I'm trying to re-familiarize myself with the game and hopefully get back into playing it and finishing it.

EpicNameBro had a very nice playthrough of Dark Souls 1 that's pretty much what I'd be looking for in a playthrough of DS3.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Jamesman posted:

I'm looking for a comprehensive playthrough of Dark Souls 3. Someone who knows the game, explores every area, gets every item, does every sidequest, talks about the lore, etc. I'm trying to re-familiarize myself with the game and hopefully get back into playing it and finishing it.

That's precisely what Iggy igsen's LP is :)

https://lparchive.org/Dark-Souls-III-(by-IGgy-IGsen)/

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HereticMIND posted:

Been playing lots of Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw for PS4 lately and I’m having an absolute blast playing it (even if it is grindy as hell). I’d love to see a VLP of it to gauge what other people think of it. It’s basically if Firefly and Star Trek had a baby and that baby was raised by both Elite: Dangerous and Ace Combat.

TL;DR: I am requesting a VLP of Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw.

(PS: While I’m at it, I’m also going to ask for someone to do the original Rebel Galaxy as a VLP— I know that Jossar did an SSLP of it, but I feel that an SSLP really misses out of a lot of the nuance and flavor that a VLP can capture)

I took a peek at those two games, and they look very interesting. I think those will be my next LP, starting sometime next month.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'd like to see someone take on Dave The Diver - seen bits of it on streams and it looks pretty cool. A lovely pixel-art mashup of Subnautica, Moonlighter and Cook Serve Delicious that's apparently only in early-access but seems very polished and looks like it's going to do interesting things.

among my YT subs the only one playing it is a guy who usually never finishes games.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm surprised there aren't Divinity Original Sin LPs yet in the Master List, either for 1 or the better loved 2. It would be fun to read.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm surprised there aren't Divinity Original Sin LPs yet in the Master List, either for 1 or the better loved 2. It would be fun to read.

Maple Leaf started a good hybrid one of 2, but hasn't updated since May :(

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I was planning to do a DOS2 LP at some point, but I've yet to figure out the trick to make the game recordable with OBS.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

PurpleXVI posted:

I was planning to do a DOS2 LP at some point, but I've yet to figure out the trick to make the game recordable with OBS.

Screen capture, most likely

Also thirding a DOS 1&2 lp

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Screen capture, most likely

Also thirding a DOS 1&2 lp

I could give it another try, but as I recall it EVERYTHING I tried only picked up audio, video was at best a still screen of the first frame that popped up and then nothing following.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If need be, you can brute force it by using monitor capture and playing at full screen. Sometimes OBS needs a bit of coaxing, but when that fails you start taking hostages

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Having been binging on Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord on the PS5 for the past few days and I cannot put it down for the life of me. It’s just a fancier, updated, streamlined, prettier version of Warband but somehow it has its grubby little hands all over me and I don’t really know why. I’ve got a good save going right now on the easiest difficulty but I’m still having a blast clearing bandit hideouts, solving problems for random citizens, and just trying to keep the lights on for my band of mercenaries to thrive.

I am humbly requesting, then, that someone please do a VLP of Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord. As much as an SSLP (or even a Hybrid LP) might be a better fit, a VLP does much more justice, I feel, in making the game stand out.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'd like to see an LP of Norco if anyone's feeling up to it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Someone LP High on Life

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Leal posted:

Someone LP High on Life

I would, but I don't know what would be a fair asking price to demand, for making me suffer through it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Seems like no has done the Wasteland games, aside from the original version of the first one.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

As I'm playing Dark Souls 2 I'm feeling the urge...the burn... to watch a new Dark Souls 1 LP! I've watched all the ones in the archives (Geop's LP was an absolute delight) and now I want more - more!! Does anyone have recs? On or off youtube, goonmade or not - where do I go when I want to watch people play DS1 and talk about the lore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

As I'm playing Dark Souls 2 I'm feeling the urge...the burn... to watch a new Dark Souls 1 LP! I've watched all the ones in the archives (Geop's LP was an absolute delight) and now I want more - more!! Does anyone have recs? On or off youtube, goonmade or not - where do I go when I want to watch people play DS1 and talk about the lore?

i will never not recommend Samuel K's run through of Dark Souls:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMByDhVb1ANI-yoXj_cijOicR7-tZQP3E
It got me into the series; IIRC it started in the casual LP thread and eventually moved into its own, but that was so long ago I think they've all been either archived or eaten by the then-broken archiver...