Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Prediction: Tim is alive but the grain water put him in a coma. When he wakes from the coma it'll be just in time for the new Oscar special which will be something to behold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Prediction: Tim is alive but the grain water put him in a coma. When he wakes from the coma it'll be just in time for the new Oscar special which will be something to behold

I love it, because that immediately can set the stage for the next season, where since Tim was in a coma, HEI was taken over by the wife and Greg was putting up "popcorn classics" (copyright-free movies) that will obviously annoy Tim, while he had an effigy about his next get rich quick scheme.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
There are two episodes left. We haven't yet seen the dash cam footage of the VFAmobile crash. There is still mystery shrouding G. Amato and his daughter-in-law. Tim is maybe dead. Many loose ends to tie up.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I think the Amatos are going to take everything out from under Tim, fueling his crusade to destroy them, assuming he isn't dead or wakes up from the coma.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

If the Amato group seizes HEI from Tim, do they also assume responsibility for his debts?

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

The most important plot thread right now: the mystery of Baboon(s)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FrancisFukyomama posted:

The most important plot thread right now: the mystery of Baboon(s)

I wonder if that'll be picked up in the Oscar Special at this point.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Why is it called grain water?

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

huh posted:

I imagine it has something to do with its texture.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

huh posted:

Because it's healthy, organic water, from the nutrition filled earth of the HeiRanch.

I'm Healthy.
I'm Happy.
I'm Hei!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/real_mcm/status/1607540955753897984?t=YHfN-2ZiaKXBUeEJORnsDg&s=19

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

New episode is out, I don't want to spoil it but this is a great episode for movie buffs

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

For me, the movies is the main reason I watch this show.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

EL BROMANCE posted:

For me, the movies is the main reason I watch this show.

Yep. Nobody cares about bad music, celebrity gossip, or any of that other garbage.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

huh posted:

ive wondered if there's a joke or something im not getting, but I sort of find it a hilarious name anyway, there's something incredibly in-character about it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Grains are healthy

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
more said about movies in this one episode than then rest of the season combined so far. great job gregg

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

This was finally a return to form for the show. I now know what movie to see this weekend.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

what the gently caress is this poo poo? what's going on with the property bros?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That DICK! posted:

what the gently caress is this poo poo? what's going on with the property bros?

No movie buff cares about this, unless there is maybe a biopic movie about them like The Rat Pack (120 minutes).

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

movies (which basically nobody gives a poo poo about these days its all web series) are still graciously included as part of on cinema & and more lineup and episodes average 15-25 minutes. gregg lazily rambles for 3 minutes and calls it a day

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Why is Gregg's Jojo hat so hosed up
Can we get Xposed on this

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Lol at the pencil picture just being an Amazon preview image.

Mr. Amato has definitely taken advantage of Tim’s immortal state to take his assets and flee.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Why is Gregg's Jojo hat so hosed up
Can we get Xposed on this

he probably goes through the trash looking for promotional movie hats and shirts

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lies, he's a true Jojo Rabbithead

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I missed this last month:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Obviously this was orchestrated by Mr. Amato to boost the value of his HEI Ranch lithium reserves:

https://twitter.com/AlanRMacLeod/status/1609239852188409856

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
How am I feeling actual emotions

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
truly touching (though it's always chilling to see gregg in a caretaker role). gently caress you for taking those teeth out tim

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Tim Heidecker is legitimately a good actor

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

ALFbrot posted:

:yeah:

My god the gift Gregg gave was better than anything I could've imagined

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

ALFbrot posted:

It's weird that he gets cast in so much stuff like Our Flag Means Death or Bridesmaids where he's given literally nothing to do.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
The two movies that really star Tim and Gregg, The Comedy (95 min) and Entertainment (103 min), are both great. Both men are very capable actors and it shines in those movies.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Tim and Gregg walking off set to watch movies together would be a fitting, touching end to the whole thing.

How is this going to disintegrate in time for the next season? :ohdear:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The Comedy hosed me up

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I haven’t watched the comedy, but Entertainment was really jarring to me. Not at all what I was expecting. Great movie that made me feel things, but really surprising lol

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

The Vosgian Beast posted:

How am I feeling actual emotions

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tim's mind wiped blank by septic shock, and imprinting on Gregg as the first person he's encountered since waking up.

I want to know when we're going to see that dashcam footage and how that's going to come up again.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
The Comedy is watching a man learn that there’s more to life than workshopping jokes at 2am with your buddies when you’re well into your 30’s. He learns this through a series of scenes so painful that you actually want to jump into the TV and fight him till his glowing core is exposed and you can hit him for double damage with truths like “the deep yearning for connection you have can only be filled by giving the most fragile parts of yourself to others.”

The ending is either incredibly touching and hopeful or upsetting but hopeful, depending on how morose I feel on a given day.

The pacing is a little off at parts too, but if you like “Tim Heidecker explores a particular kind of lovely guy for 90 minutes” you’ll probably enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Throughout The Comedy Tim is making decisions a protagonist might make in a romantic comedy and getting into similarly wacky situations, it's just they are presented very realistically and with consequences.