Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

TulliusCicero posted:

:stonklol:

Is... is he like completely manic from some bad Amphetamine today? What the gently caress is he even doing? :psyduck:

I've begun to believe that some production issue with Rich People Drugs is behind a lot of the breakdowns among people like Musk and Ye and a bunch of the crypto people. I mean, sure, some of these people were weird and already on the edge for years, but there's a possibility that during COVID some of the research chemicals that keep the rich going got tainted and Meta suddenly pivoted to legless virtual meeting apps around the same time Musk just set $44 billion on fire because Dinesh D'Souza said "maybe Elon should buy Twitter!"

The other answer is that pandemic relief funds went to the wealthy more than the average person and that drove those with obscene wealth to burn cash at an unprecedented rate simply because they had it on hand and no idea what to do with more money than god himself could imagine. It seems unlikely though as a bunch of East Coast companies and non-tech firms more or less stayed the course despite getting piles of cash from multiple governments for two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
FYI when it comes to the pronouns thing, it’s not stupidity or anything to do with intellectual ability it’s wilful immature cruelty.

3 year olds are taught about pronouns (English Language) along with verbs and full stops, it’s built into the core of our language and becomes automatic. My lad who has a learning disability (for real and it’s a serious one) has been around both trans and Cis women his whole life and he has never misgendered anyone, you tell him “this is Debby and she is mummy’s friend” and that’s it, no matter what the “visual cues” (blehhhhhhh) are he says “Debby” or she/her.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Lazyfire posted:

I've begun to believe that some production issue with Rich People Drugs is behind a lot of the breakdowns among people like Musk and Ye and a bunch of the crypto people. I mean, sure, some of these people were weird and already on the edge for years, but there's a possibility that during COVID some of the research chemicals that keep the rich going got tainted and Meta suddenly pivoted to legless virtual meeting apps around the same time Musk just set $44 billion on fire because Dinesh D'Souza said "maybe Elon should buy Twitter!"

The other answer is that pandemic relief funds went to the wealthy more than the average person and that drove those with obscene wealth to burn cash at an unprecedented rate simply because they had it on hand and no idea what to do with more money than god himself could imagine. It seems unlikely though as a bunch of East Coast companies and non-tech firms more or less stayed the course despite getting piles of cash from multiple governments for two years.

Can't find it right now but there was someone on twitter who described it as "rich people have never been so outrageously rich, and they can do almost anything, and when there's something they can't buy, they make it everyone's problem."

For elon the something he can't buy is respect, admiration, love, etc.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Lots of TSLA dip buying today.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Radio Paranoia posted:

I don't know if it's common elsewhere in the world, but a South African slang word for "disgusting" or "gross" is "sis", pronounced the same, derived from the Afrikaans word "sies". Very possible he's going "I'm not gross, you are." in earnest.

That's basic joke structure and therefore far too lucid, clever and coherent for Musk.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

That's basic joke structure and therefore far too lucid, clever and coherent for Musk.

We know he can’t even tell a joke, a pun may as well be arcane/unattainable knowledge for him.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I feel like the frenzy last night and first thing this morning are techbros buying the dip. Might hold at 110 for a few days.

But then again I know nothing so it could rocket down again this afternoon.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Radio Paranoia posted:

I don't know if it's common elsewhere in the world, but a South African slang word for "disgusting" or "gross" is "sis", pronounced the same, derived from the Afrikaans word "sies". Very possible he's going "I'm not gross, you are." in earnest.

nth-ing that this is far beyond his intellectual capacity.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

learnincurve posted:

FYI when it comes to the pronouns thing, it’s not stupidity or anything to do with intellectual ability

It is a little bit, thinking was easier when all you had to do was hate gay people. There's a general feeling of annoyance from the right that bigotry nowadays requires a bit of nuance.

Hence things like 'I'm not cis you are'. Wait am I cis? I need to look that up.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

TERFs think “cis” is just another made up pronoun, that’s all it is combined with schoolyard “rubber and glue” comebacks.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Kibayasu posted:

TERFs think “cis” is just another made up pronoun, that’s all it is combined with schoolyard “rubber and glue” comebacks.

That was my read as well. "You're 'cis', I'm just normal"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

He's saying anything below seemingly surface level nuance is hard for him to understand, so he just willfully ignores it because he's an imbecile and (I don't mean this part as an insult in any way) probably somewhere deep on the autism spectrum to the point where he probably can't discern or understand cues like that.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
He'll probably end up brushing all this off under his version of ''freedom of speech''.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Plenty of people are on the spectrum and not assholes about trans people

He's a willfully dense fuckwad

This is also almost entirely about Manning at this point: he might as well be screaming "A TRANS WOMAN IS DATING MY EX!" every 10 seconds.

I think Elon is an incredibly insecure toxic piece of poo poo who legitimately can't understand why any woman would have a relationship with a "disgusting" trans woman over him.

Dude is showing his entire rear end

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 28, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

serious gaylord posted:

I feel like the frenzy last night and first thing this morning are techbros buying the dip. Might hold at 110 for a few days.

But then again I know nothing so it could rocket down again this afternoon.

Tesla financials are out in a few days, potentially very very bad. What we are seeing on the internet is a very small number of LOUD musk fanboys/bag holders still holding out hope, and the theory actual finance people have is that Tesla’s price is going to rise and fall with the money they are actually earning from retail sales from this point on.

Do hope the Tesla, a car bought by democrats, hasn’t got itself a reputation as being the Nazi car.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Stocktwits TSLA followers tossing around phrases like "zionist algos" as the source of Tesla's stock problems :chloe:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Plenty of people are on the spectrum and not assholes about trans people

He's a willfully dense fuckwad

This is also almost entirely about Manning at this point: he might as well be screaming "A TRANS WOMAN IS DATING MY EX!" every 10 seconds.

Hell, Grimes and Manning have been broken up for months now, I believe. But yeah, this has always and forever been about the brain wounds Grimes leaving him for a trans woman and his older daughter coming out as trans have inflicted upon him, and his every attempt to try and soothe the pain just makes everything progressively worse for himself and others.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
He feels that people that are obviously the gender they present as putting pronouns in bios is silly, and he has no ability to choose hills to die on.

Edit: Of course he's also a huge bigot and almost certainly has anti-trans bias, but that's what he's trying to say about the pronoun thing.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Stocktwits TSLA followers tossing around phrases like "zionist algos" as the source of Tesla's stock problems :chloe:

That website has basically never been worth looking at, unless you wanna laugh at idiots i guess. Even more so now in a bear market

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Maybe his HGH regiment is causing brain shrinkage or something.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

nine-gear crow posted:

He's saying anything below seemingly surface level nuance is hard for him to understand, so he just willfully ignores it because he's an imbecile and (I don't mean this part as an insult in any way) probably somewhere deep on the autism spectrum to the point where he probably can't discern or understand cues like that.

Yeh my lad also has a severe autism diagnosis and this has nothing to do with it, you just have to learn how to ask everyone what pronouns or just use names until you hear someone else say he/her/they, “visual cues” are sexist as gently caress which is why in 2022 humans ask each other pronouns. Which I appreciate as a Cis butch lesbian tbh because until recently I was automatically called him Quite A Lot by strangers.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

ruddiger posted:

Maybe his HGH regiment is causing brain shrinkage or something.

I got a wild theory so please bear with me:

Elon Musk is dumb as poo poo and always has been

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
What’s with the moon and star on the flag? Someone in the replies asked about why the Ottoman Empire symbol was on there and I actually don’t know, I just reflexively assumed that type of symbology was an antisemitic thing.

Naturally, nobody is answering him on the symbol and instead they’re all fixated on the rainbow part and how straight people don’t have a flag.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

nine-gear crow posted:

Hell, Grimes and Manning have been broken up for months now, I believe. But yeah, this has always and forever been about the brain wounds Grimes leaving him for a trans woman and his older daughter coming out as trans have inflicted upon him, and his every attempt to try and soothe the pain just makes everything progressively worse for himself and others.

Does he even know his children? I believe the Grimes thing more, I’m not sure he even knows how many kids he has.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Blue checks? More like brown shirts.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/_yesbut_/status/1593687547263291394

This was posted ten days ago lol

yook posted:

What’s with the moon and star on the flag? Someone in the replies asked about why the Ottoman Empire symbol was on there and I actually don’t know, I just reflexively assumed that type of symbology was an antisemitic thing.

Naturally, nobody is answering him on the symbol and instead they’re all fixated on the rainbow part and how straight people don’t have a flag.

it just stands for islam

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

yook posted:

Jihadist Islam and (Yes Really) Woke/ Marxism LGBTQ, Communist China, etc. Are all on the same side according to this very mentally disturbed person

Conservatives legit can only see a binary of GOOD/ BAD in world events.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

yook posted:

Idk about all that but I find the feminist symbol as a dick charming

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

As we all know, the right wing never supports things.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

yook posted:

It is the symbol of the Islamic faith in a lot of places. They are mad that people treat Muslims like human beings and not an entire population of born-evil Mordor Orcs who need to be exterminated. They'd put a Star of David on there too, but that would fully give away the game here.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

N. Senada posted:

Does he even know his children? I believe the Grimes thing more, I’m not sure he even knows how many kids he has.

he used one of them as a prop for his assassination doxxing attempt recently.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

Jihadist Islam and (Yes Really) Woke/ Marxism LGBTQ, Communist China, etc. Are all on the same side according to this very mentally disturbed person

Can throw russia in there too tbh.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

That website has basically never been worth looking at, unless you wanna laugh at idiots i guess. Even more so now in a bear market

That's all I have been using it for, but the immediate push to blame (((zionists))) and their algorithms for why their 90+% TSLA investment portfolio is eating poo poo is alarming. I do not enjoy living in an era when (((they))) are blamed for everything.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Tai posted:

Can throw russia in there too tbh.

Most of them believe extremely small penis energy Right Wing Russia are on their side

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

yook posted:

One of the accidentally funny things Terfs did was try and create a CisHet flag to try and mock the different flags the LGBT+ community was using and they came up with this 🏁 , the formula 1 checkered flag, and to cap it off they started using it on a Silverstone weekend. Naturally they got absolutely bodied by race fans following the tag.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lolling at the last page mention of Musk dismantling his pr dept at Tesla too. I think it might come in handy right about now!

E: for clarity

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 28, 2022

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

ryde posted:

As we all know, the right wing never supports things.

I love that Elon is like "The right can laugh at themselves and the left can't!" which is why Trump effectively killed the White House Correspondent's Dinner because his fee fees were hurt.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

elon himself is pathetic enough, but imagining people lining up to lick his rear end in a top hat is, well, it's trump all over again i guess. but its fuckin mind-boggling.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TulliusCicero posted:

Things That Hate America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

E the Shaggy posted:

I love that Elon is like "The right can laugh at themselves and the left can't!" which is why Trump effectively killed the White House Correspondent's Dinner because his fee fees were hurt.

Yeah I found that funny on several levels, because by god the right can't laugh at themselves. The left can and does laugh at themselves, but it's just not the loving unfunny memes like anti-trans memes. "I identify as an Apache helicopter" is not a funny joke, sorry buddy.