Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Mazerunner posted:

does he like the lore? maybe some of the printed grimoire anthologies

https://bungiestore.com/destiny-grimoire-anthology-volume-i (amazon may have better prices and def will have faster shipping)

He owns all of these and all the art books :negative:

Is this any good? Are these super basic characters/planets which dont have any significance anymore or is this more recent stuff? https://bungiestore.com/destiny-collector-s-art-print-set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Get him the worm larva limited edition fleshlight

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

buglord posted:

Is this any good? Are these super basic characters/planets which dont have any significance anymore or is this more recent stuff? https://bungiestore.com/destiny-collector-s-art-print-set

it looks like concept/key art and some promotional stuff. Like there's a few depictions of in-game characters but it's more like... setting the mood or design ideas.

If he's already got all the art books then I'd say this is pretty similar! So probably fine yeah

If you know or find out what class he mainly plays maybe one of these ghost shell statues:

https://bungiestore.com/hunter-rival-ghost-shell
https://bungiestore.com/titan-rival-ghost-shell
https://bungiestore.com/warlock-rival-ghost-shell

(if he likes having statues/figues)

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Get him the worm larva limited edition fleshlight

Amazon link?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

buglord posted:

Does he have the coloring book?

https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Official-Coloring-Book-Bungie/dp/1608879224?ref_=ast_sto_dp

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

el B posted:

Amazon link?

It’s a Bungie Reward, for the Valentine’s Day event

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009

TopHatGenius posted:

All this new content has knocked it out of the park. It's been excellent.

Bit late to the party, but thoroughly enjoyed the mission, sure certain bits would be easier/quicker in a duo where your swapping augments about but still a nice change from lost sectors as the weekly missions of last season.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah been really loving this season. The variety in the missions is excellent and though it's a meme the reuse of assets has been well done! Story is great so far too. Hunted and Plunder aren't as much of a slog for me work though since I have the other two seasons worth of stuff to do when i'm tired of those. The last season is always the best time to play as we have the whole years worth of content.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i honestly don't loving care about """reusing""" assets. i'd rather they get used in new and interesting ways instead of getting shoved in the Seasonal One-Off bin

Dmaclin813
Dec 27, 2022
Looking for a group to just run around destiny doing content still trying to get some of the mission exotic’s: dead messenger, wishender bow, and others poo poo is just to hard to get solo.

Ps name: dragos1220 down to play almost all content I play titan and warlock mostly.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Kith posted:

i honestly don't loving care about """reusing""" assets. i'd rather they get used in new and interesting ways instead of getting shoved in the Seasonal One-Off bin

Honestly, if you can reuse your assets in creative and compelling ways, that is a good thing! Not only is there an overall reduction of workload where you can then focus on other aspects, but it helps to keep the world consistent and grounded. These aren't just set pieces, they are real places in the world that still matter and have impact.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Who knew the Destiny servers were colocated at Twitter HQ

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Kith posted:

Also, didn't Ketchcrash reuse the Ketch location from the moon, in part?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Mile'ionaha posted:

Ketchcrash pulled from like, everytime we've been in a ketch, as well as the fallen city on Europa

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

buglord posted:

Custom painted guardian maybe? I just might know a guy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/738836849/watermelon-titan-custom-mega-construx?show_sold_out_detail=1&ref=nla_listing_details

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mile'ionaha posted:

yes, because that area is a ketch, and ketches tend to be built to some level of standardization

the seasonal content also reused a ton of the geometry from the vaulted planets' lost sectors, which was good because it's not like those were being used anymore and also they were overhauled to fit their new purpose. there's only so many ways you can build a basic boss arena before you start repeating yourself tbh

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Dmaclin813 posted:

Looking for a group to just run around destiny doing content still trying to get some of the mission exotic’s: dead messenger, wishender bow, and others poo poo is just to hard to get solo.

Ps name: dragos1220 down to play almost all content I play titan and warlock mostly.

Sent a request on PS but this is a bad move on my part because I don’t play on PS…what’s your bungie name (in game, director, social, hover over yourself in “nearby” I think, it’ll be name#1234 in blue probably)?

Glad to help with this stuff, wish ender, xenophage, Gjallarhorn and catalyst, dead messenger, now revision zero I guess.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I don’t get the vitriol for the “reused assets”. Game developers have been doing it for decades. Bungie was famous for it in Halo:CE. Who seriously expects bungie to make brand new assets for each season? That sounds crazy to me. They already make a fairly decent seasonal game mode or two. I am absolutely positive that if bungie made an entirely new mechanic each season, then everyone would complain about how complicated it is to get used to something different with new a economy every 3 months.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Booties posted:

I don’t get the vitriol for the “reused assets”.
it is a complaint made by people who are bored

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Roman posted:

it is a complaint made by people who are bored

Bored of the assets, yes

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
69,420 people work at Bungie, it’s fair to ask them to make new stuff

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think a big part is what, and how assets are being reused.

This season is well received as asset reuse because it's reusing assets that have almost never been used out of their original context (DSC) or assets we haven't seen in a minute (Mars.)

Even Plunder I thought was fine on asset reuse - reusing lost sectors for the one off and brief Hideout missions was more or less fine, but had that been a primary seasonal activity, complaints would have probably been warranted.

Dmaclin813
Dec 27, 2022

uwaeve posted:

Sent a request on PS but this is a bad move on my part because I don’t play on PS…what’s your bungie name (in game, director, social, hover over yourself in “nearby” I think, it’ll be name#1234 in blue probably)?

Glad to help with this stuff, wish ender, xenophage, Gjallarhorn and catalyst, dead messenger, now revision zero I guess.

:agesilaus:
Dragos1220#5786
Yeah I got it last night but working.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Oxyclean posted:

I think a big part is what, and how assets are being reused.

This season is well received as asset reuse because it's reusing assets that have almost never been used out of their original context (DSC) or assets we haven't seen in a minute (Mars.)

Even Plunder I thought was fine on asset reuse - reusing lost sectors for the one off and brief Hideout missions was more or less fine, but had that been a primary seasonal activity, complaints would have probably been warranted.

Stop being so reasonable, I want fuckres in here defending “mission, but backwards” as the primary new content mechanism

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Aren’t the vaulted Year 1 planets returning for Lightfall anyway?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mill Village posted:

IIRC all they've said is that no more expansion content will be vaulted. that does not include seasonal content and not a guarantee that old content will come back and stay if not part of an expansion

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

reusing planetary or location assets is fuckin fine for fun missions! the seraph shield gives a lot of whisper of the worm mission vibes with something almost meaningful to replay and find new stuff.

I think people get Mad when bungo has to scramble to make seasonal guns and just add a new spikey do-hickey to the end of the model. the full swath of seasonal guns should be poo poo-canned in favor of filling in gaps of elemental/architype combos.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’m aware of that, but I’m pretty sure what I’m talking about was said during the Beyond Light seasons.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Mill Village posted:

I’m aware of that, but I’m pretty sure what I’m talking about was said during the Beyond Light seasons.
I can´t recall Bungie ever saying this but if you have some kind of citations I wouldn´t mind being proven otherwise.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mill Village posted:

no, this has never been promised

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Plus they don't need to. They've proven that Mars, Leviathan, Tangled Shore etc can come back as an isolated space for a seasonal activity or mission or whatnot but don't have to be a big ol planet on the director with multiple landing zones, public events, etc

Patrol Zones are sort of a thing of the past. Areas like Spooky Leviathan and Mini Mars are the future

Plus we've literally got an oceanic planet coming in lightfall so you'd best believe there's gonna be some borrowed assets from the titan archologies

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Lookin' forward to water world! Really seemed like the most underutilized bunch of assets that I happened to really enjoy.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Kith posted:

no, this has never been promised

Sylphosaurus posted:

I can´t recall Bungie ever saying this but if you have some kind of citations I wouldn´t mind being proven otherwise.

the closest we've gotten to that is this pastebin leak that mentions them being "returned" albeit not as patrol zones. however as you can see a lot of that leak has turned out wrong

tbh i think gogo's got the right of it, how many more planets can they fit on the director screen anyway

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Plus they don't need to. They've proven that Mars, Leviathan, Tangled Shore etc can come back as an isolated space for a seasonal activity or mission or whatnot but don't have to be a big ol planet on the director with multiple landing zones, public events, etc

Patrol Zones are sort of a thing of the past. Areas like Spooky Leviathan and Mini Mars are the future

Plus we've literally got an oceanic planet coming in lightfall so you'd best believe there's gonna be some borrowed assets from the titan archologies
See, I assumed the big reason for vaulting wasn't really the maps themselves, but the assets the maps needed for those maps (textures, models, etc.) so that they can bring back isolated spaces but not the patrols does feel a bit strange, but maybe to your point, patrol zones aren't particularly the most useful content these days.

Though, it does feel a bit weird they can unvault the Levithan in the form of Haunted, but not bring the raid back too? Or basically bring back what might as well be the Mars Patrol space from D1 for Vox, and the Mars Patrol space from D2 for Heist, but then not unvault any strikes that are almost certainly using a majority of those assets? Then again, I guess Vox is going away at the end of the year, but Heist Battlegrounds probably are not.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

they will likely be reprising the leviathan raids themselves once they're done bringing back the D1 raids

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
There will be a brand new raid for Lightfall. I hope they bring back WotM at some point as well.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

FlapYoJacks posted:

I hope they bring back WotM at some point as well.

i have good news for you

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

They should being Crota back as a dungeon.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Oxyclean posted:

See, I assumed the big reason for vaulting wasn't really the maps themselves, but the assets the maps needed for those maps (textures, models, etc.) so that they can bring back isolated spaces but not the patrols does feel a bit strange, but maybe to your point, patrol zones aren't particularly the most useful content these days.

Though, it does feel a bit weird they can unvault the Levithan in the form of Haunted, but not bring the raid back too? Or basically bring back what might as well be the Mars Patrol space from D1 for Vox, and the Mars Patrol space from D2 for Heist, but then not unvault any strikes that are almost certainly using a majority of those assets? Then again, I guess Vox is going away at the end of the year, but Heist Battlegrounds probably are not.

I would say that it takes time and effort to update the old areas and updating a certain size chunk is a hell of a lot easier than an entire raid or patrol area.

Knowing bungie, a single rock or leaf out of place can cause untold havoc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Booties posted:

I don’t get the vitriol for the “reused assets”. Game developers have been doing it for decades. Bungie was famous for it in Halo:CE. Who seriously expects bungie to make brand new assets for each season?

Redditors and content creators