Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Elon *u**

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1608178078865588225?s=20&t=P5dpp8BPfn7Kn7hKifY5hg

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608175680407191552?s=20

ok

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

what is scientific consensus

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

pixaal posted:

But the last scene of the series right now is him putting the mask back on and running away. The idea was the cheap mask not to directly compare Elon to Hank.

Dammit hank!! I must not be fully caught up.

Nasty Old Randy
Sep 5, 2017

Im Nasty

Didnt Richard Stallman say something like "I am highly skeptical molesting children is scientifically bad for them" one time?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

zenguitarman posted:

what is scientific consensus

If they can find one notionally accredited scientist/doctor who agrees with their wacko feelings then all that consensus can just gently caress right off in their view.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

It's amazing to me that only a few years ago anti-vaxx was one of the only brands of Presidential thinking that was wholly attributed to the left. It was less-than-correct, but the prevailing belief was that it was a fringe belief specific to chiropractors, power-crystal wine moms, and barefoot granola eaters. So the right just took anti-vaxx and went pro with it, I guess to prove that they can? So now it's just another right-wing Presidential belief among many.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Funny because I feel like this policy will be literally the opposite of that

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Is this some dog whistle for more trans bashing..

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Tai posted:

Certainly, and it goes hand in hand with his faux “enlightened centrist” persona. Which only fools NYT so far.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh boy I hope he goes down the young earth creationism rabbithole

"Just asking questions! you're not afraid of questions are you??"

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Data Graham posted:

I think he’ll get there once he’s been through the Mike Lindell sphere of election craziness first.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Written like a man who has never read the Discussion portion of a paper in his entire fuckin' life

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Where was the poll for this?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Data Graham posted:

Nah, let's see if he can be coaxed into being a Flat-Earther.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
We are on a blessed page; this means he will start by questioning whether jet fuel can melt steel beams.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Serious_Cyclone posted:

It's amazing to me that only a few years ago anti-vaxx was one of the only brands of Presidential thinking that was wholly attributed to the left. It was less-than-correct, but the prevailing belief was that it was a fringe belief specific to chiropractors, power-crystal wine moms, and barefoot granola eaters. So the right just took anti-vaxx and went pro with it, I guess to prove that they can? So now it's just another right-wing Presidential belief among many.

yeah the qanon "save the children" poo poo combined with covid anti-vaxxers were huge for flipping those types of "vaccine skeptic mom who posts in facebook groups about how crystal healing cures autism" types from being liberal-ish to actively being on the far right

Silvah
Aug 27, 2004
s0me

The unironic supportive replies... Not sure which is worse TBH.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Zombie apocalypse flicks always see mankind falling within a week or something and growing up, I used to think that was WAY too quick.

Now, as an adult, it would be under 24 hours and mother fuckers would be shoving their arms into zombies' mouths screaming "YOU'RE NOT REAL!"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

"this science doesn't support my ignorant view of the world so therefore it is wrong."

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

PITY BONER posted:

Additionally, for the past decade or so, the manosphere fully believes that women--especially n-wave feminists that claim to hate men--are only willing to submit to Muslim men because their :biotruths: take over and they get turned on by the "alpha" Islamic culture's treatment of women and the natural Chadness of Muslim men. They also believe that covering the head/hair is like a gateway drug for women to finally realize their rightful place in society. The red-pillers have nothing but praise for the ways that women get treated in Saudi Arabia, etc., but they also hate brown people and foreign things, so in the end they can't reconcile the ideas. They've painted migrant crisis in Europe as a "they're coming to steal all the white women! We can't compete!" crisis instead of a humanitarian one. By treating Muslims as human beings, people in the West are all outing ourselves as being so tolerant that we're sacrificing our own culture, ethnicity, and female commodities to Muslims. Basically, we're cultural and race traitors.

... that's new. This may sound like a tinfoil hat theory, but that legit does sound like a psyop being run on that group

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

so not only did I find out this is the real eve6 account, I found out the eve6 guy has been pounding out bangers for a while?

https://slate.com/culture/2021/10/eve-6-singer-twitter-smash-mouth.html

weird world we're in

Silvah
Aug 27, 2004
s0me

learnincurve posted:

The right does not understand the difference between mocking yourself and mocking others.

That and/or just don't care.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tai posted:

I'm sure it will be used for that, but I feel like this is mostly about Covid and Fauci

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
oh, 911 page? 911 posting on the 911 page

Hit me!
"Somebody call a saudi money lender!"
"There's not a minute to spare"
"Don't worry"
"Haha very funny mother-"
"There's not a minute to spare, the libs are out of control"
"Don't worry"
$TSLA Going, going, gone!

[Verse 1: Flavor Flav]
Now I tweeted 911 a long time ago
Don't you see how late they're reacting?
They only come and they come when there's a margin call
So get the morgue truck and embalm the Lonnie-the-not-tall
He act like he don't care, stay paid anyway
But the bankers and collects ain't gonna go away
A no-use website with no-use people
If your life is on TSLA/TWTR then you're dead today
Latecomers with the late coming stretcher
That's a body bag in plain clothes y'all, I'll betcha
I call 'em bliquidators cause they come to fetch ya
With an autopsy collections van just to dissect ya
They are the kings cause they seizing ya assets
Buyin this site was lonnie's miscalculation
I can prove it to you, watch the rotation
It all adds up to a hosed up situation

So get up, get, get, get down
twitter is a joke in yo town
Get up, get, get, get down
Late twitter meme wears the late crown
So get up get, get get down
Twitter is a joke in yo town
Get up, get, get, get down
Twitter meme wears the not-too-dank crown

kru
Oct 5, 2003

If you have ADD/ADHD Ritalin et al, actually help you sleep. Without it, it just turns you bonkers through lack of quality sleep.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

kru posted:

If you have ADD/ADHD Ritalin et al, actually help you sleep. Without it, it just turns you bonkers through lack of quality sleep.

I was diagnosed ADD and ADHD, met every diagnostic criteria and then some, and while I did think these drugs helped me focus they completely hosed with my sleep and personality which led to depression, anxiety and worse problems. We're all pretty different and I don't think we can really make generalizations about people with or without ADD or most other quasi-dubious DSM psych crit will respond to a given drug. Or, for that matter, how someone without any diagnosis will.

My partner has always responded to adderall in the "not anxious, chilled out, focused and calming" way with usually good sleep following and often a mood boost that lasts for days after a single 10mg dose. At no point have they ever met the diagnostic criteria for ADHD :shrug:

I hated the poo poo so much I learned how to fake swallow it so I could fool the school nurse and then go spit it out at the drinking fountain. gently caress methylphenidate. Amphetamine was more tolerable, but, also, gently caress it, makes my anxiety and tinnitus go haywire.

The fact that midterms and finals week were always hallmarked by friends trying to hit me up for adderall in college, also was instructive as far as "huh actually I think most people benefit from small, normal doses of amphetamine if they are trying to focus on a project or prepare or take an exam". So it's all pretty blurry to me.

edit: diagnosing celebrities with mental disorders and drug addictions based on their insane online ramblings is fine as far as I am concerned, though, because it can be hilarious and who gives a poo poo if anyone is right or wrong, we're just dunking on puppies here.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 28, 2022

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608143077910233098?s=20&t=a52-pApND6lbQAx7amXcZQ

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well I’ll be damned Tesla really did level out at about 109

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Musk thinks "peer review" is consensus among sycophants. Science in action!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

So is Elon saying he's a self-hating trans guy (girl?)? I'm not really parsing what he's trying to say there.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Nitrousoxide posted:

So is Elon saying he's a self-hating trans guy (girl?)? I'm not really parsing what he's trying to say there.

i don't know either. a lot of his posts just feel incoherent. i think the stress of number, plus no-sleep is getting to him. he's on twitter 24/7 so he doesn't have to think about tesla.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Nitrousoxide posted:

To be blunt, he's saying “don’t call me ‘cis’, keep your weirdo poo poo to yourself”.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah he should only be called Pedo Guy

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Not that there is any doubt about what Elon means by this, but have Musk explaining himself through poo poo memes:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608188826291167242

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608191997768265728

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Propaganda Hour posted:

Written like a man who has never read the Discussion portion of a paper in his entire fuckin' life

This new Twitter policy contravenes the previous new Twitter policy, which was that any further Twitter policy changes would be subject to polling.
And that new Twitter policy was also contravened when it became

So this new policy is not only vague and non-scientific, it hasn't been 'confirmed' by polling.

Also I just noticed: the new "View" numbers in tweets are science fiction, without basis in reality.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 28, 2022

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I was diagnosed ADD and ADHD, met every diagnostic criteria and then some, and while I did think these drugs helped me focus they completely hosed with my sleep and personality which led to depression, anxiety and worse problems. We're all pretty different and I don't think we can really make generalizations about people with or without ADD or most other quasi-dubious DSM psych crit will respond to a given drug. Or, for that matter, how someone without any diagnosis will.

My partner has always responded to adderall in the "not anxious, chilled out, focused and calming" way with usually good sleep following and often a mood boost that lasts for days after a single 10mg dose. At no point have they ever met the diagnostic criteria for ADHD :shrug:

I hated the poo poo so much I learned how to fake swallow it so I could fool the school nurse and then go spit it out at the drinking fountain. gently caress methylphenidate. Amphetamine was more tolerable, but, also, gently caress it, makes my anxiety and tinnitus go haywire.

The fact that midterms and finals week were always hallmarked by friends trying to hit me up for adderall in college, also was instructive as far as "huh actually I think most people benefit from small, normal doses of amphetamine if they are trying to focus on a project or prepare or take an exam". So it's all pretty blurry to me.

edit: diagnosing celebrities with mental disorders and drug addictions based on their insane online ramblings is fine as far as I am concerned, though, because it can be hilarious and who gives a poo poo if anyone is right or wrong, we're just dunking on puppies here.

This is all true and I was generalizing there, sorry - it really helped me (much like your partner). Did you ever fix your sleep issues? It's a hard thing to deal with.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

science can only be questioned by right leaning people using aryan beard guy memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

A second Elon has hit the Twit Towers