Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Carr is also going to turn 32, and I suspect the trend of QBs being reliable starters deep in their 30s was mostly an outlier led by Brady, Brees, and Rodgers.

Ryan/Wilson/Flacco fell off a cliff, Stafford/Garoppolo/Tannehill are all struggling with injuries, Dalton isn't much better than replacement level. That leaves... Kirk Cousins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Carr is that tier of QB you replace after you get the sexy high pick. Guess they're really betting on their guy being available with they're making GBS threads on him now.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i would take carr on the bucs immediately

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Today is a rough day for Mark Davis:

https://twitter.com/DailyLoud/status/1608159685227732993

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

abelwingnut posted:

then, serviceable: rodgers, garoppolo, jones, cousins, et al. they don't win you games ouright, but they don't lose you games.

Are we trying to sneak Daniel Jones or Mac Jones in with the Rodgers tier? I’m not sure which one would be worse.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

kidcoelacanth posted:

i would take carr on the bucs immediately

Are you counting out Touchdown Tom?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

Are we trying to sneak Daniel Jones or Mac Jones in with the Rodgers tier? I’m not sure which one would be worse.

i was speaking of daniel. yes, rodgers can air it out at times and jones can't. but rodgers has been flakier this season than any other, and daniel jones has been making passes when he needs to and, more importantly, not turning the ball over. they each take a different path to being serviceably above average at this point imo.

mac is just flat terrible.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

COME ON! Everyone loves boobs.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I can’t believe the refs would do this to Derek Carr and the Raiders. The conspiracy is bottomless

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

abelwingnut posted:

yea, there are definitely more gradations than elite and terrible.

I've been on the internet long enough to know that this isn't true about anything.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I feel like this season has been goddamn brutal for quarterbacks. Here's my tally of what happened with each team's starting quarterback through 16 weeks:

Nine starting quarterbacks who have been largely or entirely healthy and performing well enough to remain the starter over the course of the season. Nine. What the gently caress?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

didn't dak miss quite a few games?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

surf rock posted:

I feel like this season has been goddamn brutal for quarterbacks. Here's my tally of what happened with each team's starting quarterback through 16 weeks:

Nine starting quarterbacks who have been largely or entirely healthy and performing well enough to remain the starter over the course of the season. Nine. What the gently caress?

Don’t forget Dak missed 5 games earlier this year, so it’s really only 8.

Also Cleveland Browns should mention it was Benched for a Rapist.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean Carr is throwing a ton of picks, the absolute worst thing a QB can do. So let’s not pretend he’s being only mediocre

He’s thrown 21 TDs to 14 ints. Dak is 20-12. Rodgers is 24-11. Neither of those guys is having an amazing season but by current league standards they’re at least mediocre.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ryan/Wilson/Flacco fell off a cliff, Stafford/Garoppolo/Tannehill are all struggling with injuries, Dalton isn't much better than replacement level. That leaves... Kirk Cousins?

Flacco was never that good and Ryan really didn’t get bad bad until this year when his line couldn’t stand up to a three man rush.

Garappolo has struggled with injuries his entire career so I don’t think you can blame that on age. Stafford is beat up this year but just won a Super Bowl last year.

Carr at 32 seems like a good gamble for a whole lot of teams to take if the price isn’t too high. He’s been pretty healthy most of his career and he’s taken like half the sacks Wilson and Stafford did.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 28, 2022

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

SKULL.GIF posted:

Carr is also going to turn 32, and I suspect the trend of QBs being reliable starters deep in their 30s was mostly an outlier led by Brady, Brees, and Rodgers.

You forgot the most obvious one, Russell Wilson.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1608185594009554947

He has a full no trade clause though so that probably increases the chance that he is released.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Carr for nothing but cash vs Lamar for 3 first's and 2 second's plus 200 million fully guaranteed is at least a conversation imo

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Oh god I just remembered how Kirk missed the packers game the other year due to covid. What a perfect way to end the season would be Kirk getting covid right before the playoff game.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

mcmagic posted:

Carr for nothing but cash vs Lamar for 3 first's and 2 second's plus 200 million fully guaranteed is at least a conversation imo

Yeah Lamar is getting 255 minimum lol. No way he's going to settle for less than Watson nor should he

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah Lamar is getting 255 minimum lol. No way he's going to settle for less than Watson nor should he

You're right. I was talking ballpark.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Preparing my body to celebrate when McDaniels trades a 1st for Mac Jones.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s thrown 21 TDs to 14 ints. Dak is 20-12. Rodgers is 24-11. Neither of those guys is having an amazing season but by current league standards they’re at least mediocre.

Flacco was never that good and Ryan really didn’t get bad bad until this year when his line couldn’t stand up to a three man rush.

Garappolo has struggled with injuries his entire career so I don’t think you can blame that on age. Stafford is beat up this year but just won a Super Bowl last year.

Carr at 32 seems like a good gamble for a whole lot of teams to take if the price isn’t too high. He’s been pretty healthy most of his career and he’s taken like half the sacks Wilson and Stafford did.

If you go by percentage of attempts that resulting in picks he's pretty bad though. Slumming it in the Zach Wilson / Matt Ryan / Kenny Pickett tier. Also almost last in completion percentage, the only 2 worse being both Wilsons (lol).

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

No one is that stupid........ are they?

ARE THEY?

Nov 6, 2002

Josh McDaniels spent a 1st on Tim Tebow my man.

Edit: Also the Raiders are already doing a bang up job of sinking Carr's trade value by telegraphing that they want to get rid of him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Reminder that Tim Tebow has more playoff wins than Carr

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Diva Cupcake posted:

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1608185594009554947

He has a full no trade clause though so that probably increases the chance that he is released.

I mean unless the Raiders are being idiots they will work with Carr to get a deal that he would accept.

That’s what the Packers did for Adams and he didn’t even have any clauses

Nov 6, 2002

Josh McDaniels was in New England with Stidham was drafted but sure, he needs to get a look.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hope in the press conference Josh McDaniels mentions that Mac Jones is an NFL top 100 player

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

this is where the league is though. If you dont have a top 10 guy you are hosed. The qb protection and passing rules encourage this imo having an elite guy feels like you might get more roughing calls (whether or not the data bears this out im not going to look)

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Josh McDaniels spent a 1st on Tim Tebow my man.

Edit: Also the Raiders are already doing a bang up job of sinking Carr's trade value by telegraphing that they want to get rid of him.

Tim Tebow should be first in everyone's book. With the possible exception of Jesus.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Carr to Miami would make sense

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/1608199233378598912?s=46&t=V73lMZaj_CttS6aYMNwFNw

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Even though he got a big rookie contract, I just can't see Tua retiring before he's played at least one truly big QB contract.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

EmbryoSteve posted:

this is where the league is though. If you dont have a top 10 guy you are hosed. The qb protection and passing rules encourage this imo having an elite guy feels like you might get more roughing calls (whether or not the data bears this out im not going to look)

<Looks at the 49ers and Vikings> Nah.

Broncos and Jets just needed middling play and they'd be playoff teams. Pats need that and an OC and they're set. Saints and Steelers are at least reasonable teams with that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Carr should go to Indy because that is just what Indy’s gimmick

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Docjowles posted:

If you go by percentage of attempts that resulting in picks he's pretty bad though. Slumming it in the Zach Wilson / Matt Ryan / Kenny Pickett tier. Also almost last in completion percentage, the only 2 worse being both Wilsons (lol).

According to PFF, Carr is 17th in percentage of turnover worthy plays. Notable QBs with a higher percentage are Josh Allen (leads the league), Justin Fields, Tua, Jared Goff, Kyler Murray, Geno Smith, etc. I’m not sure that’s indicative of much.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

carr seems like a cool dude. i have no reason to dislike him or anything. here's hoping he heads to a better situation.

i think he'd be pretty awesome in detroit or tennessee, personally.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

abelwingnut posted:

carr seems like a cool dude. i have no reason to dislike him or anything. here's hoping he heads to a better situation.

i think he'd be pretty awesome in detroit or tennessee, personally.

I'm not sure he's an upgrade in either place

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Carr is a perfect fit in the long line of mediocre Colts QBs post Luck/Rivers

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

It's weird to me that people still aren't realizing this was the plan from day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

He looks ready to listen to some Fallout Boy.