Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

News:
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1607504071077859329?s=20&t=94ResiZx2vNAsdPtp8E-cg

Views:
Jesus, just sit Tua for the rest of the season already. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Broncos fans are thinking they can pull Harbaugh from Michigan.

lol

Also doesn't he hate Elway from his playing days

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
I’m just stunned the Chargers made the playoffs with 2 weeks left to play still. Just…how???

I watched all season long and still don’t get why the rest of the AFC allowed this to happen.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

aperion posted:

I’m just stunned the Chargers made the playoffs with 2 weeks left to play still. Just…how???

I watched all season long and still don’t get why the rest of the AFC allowed this to happen.

The Chargers are in the playoffs and are majorly flawed and Lombardi sucks rear end and I don't give a poo poo because PLAYOFFS

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Shut down the Miami Dolphins.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Tua :(

This is so sad. He was apparently talking with his family about his future playing football and concussions were one of the concerns.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Tua :(

This is so sad. He was apparently talking with his family about his future playing football and concussions were one of the concerns.

Clearly it should be. He has gotten scrambled this year and he should play out his post rookie payout then retire.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Staley gave the game ball to Dean Spanos so I want him fired again

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

In the "1-score-games are a tie" rankings, the Chargers moved to 2-2-11 while the Colts dropped to 0-5-10, only one loss ahead of Houston at 0-6-9. This Colts team is a bad, bad football team.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Android Apocalypse posted:

Views:
Jesus, just sit Tua for the rest of the season already. :gonk:

Isn't this like his third or fourth concussion this season? That's a lot to rack up in only a few months.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Isn't this like his third or fourth concussion this season? That's a lot to rack up in only a few months.

3rd but the Dolphins and Tua say the MNF one didn't happen so nbd.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Was the MNF one where his fingers went all Cat's Cradle?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

It's good the Chargers locked up a spot because whoever is the 7th seed in the AFC ends up getting clapped like a Chat Thread posters marriage. Come on down Jets. It's time

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Staley gave the game ball to Dean Spanos so I want him fired again

Buttering up the owner after the game where you clinched a playoff berth just to try and make sure he doesn’t even glance Sean Payton’s way is a pro offensive play call.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BrownThunder posted:

It's good the Chargers locked up a spot because whoever is the 7th seed in the AFC ends up getting clapped like a Chat Thread posters marriage. Come on down Jets. It's time

lol

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

the last NFL player I remember getting 3 concussions in a single season was jahvid best like im uh not sure what tua's playing future is

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

BrownThunder posted:

The 7th seed in the NFC gets to either face the Minnesota Vikings (now featuring 4th Quarter Performance), or should the Vikings lose a step, the merciless chipper shredder known as the San Francisco 49ers. It's no picnic over here either.

GB has to think really, really hard about how they want Sunday to go, frankly.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

according to brett favre, every nfl player gets like 10 concussions a game so it's no big deal for tua

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

epic bacon posted:

according to brett favre, every nfl player gets like 10 concussions a game so it's no big deal for tua

Concussions Tagovailoa is an outlier and should not be counted

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

adaz posted:

the last NFL player I remember getting 3 concussions in a single season was jahvid best like im uh not sure what tua's playing future is

Tua's situation is actually worse, Best only ever had 2 concussions in a single season (2009 in college, then again in 2011).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vando posted:

Tua's situation is actually worse, Best only ever had 2 concussions in a single season (2009 in college, then again in 2011).

He had two in 2 weeks in 2009

quote:

Best was injured during the second quarter of Cal's November 7 matchup against Oregon State. In the process of scoring a rushing touchdown, he hurdled a defender into the end zone and was pushed by a second Oregon State defender in mid-air, causing him to land on the back of his head with his helmet coming off. The play resulted in a concussion for Best.[20][21] After a 13-minute game delay, Best was taken off the field on a stretcher to the Highland General Hospital in Oakland. This was his second concussion in two weeks, following a mild concussion received the previous week against Arizona State. He was released the next day.[22] and did not play the following week's game against Arizona, although he appeared as an honorary team captain. Best missed the rest of the regular season

Which admittedly was still a longer timespan than Tua's first two concussions this season (2 in 5 days, a Sunday game and then Thursday Night)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

epic bacon posted:

There's probably some truth here from the welfare scammer except the no big deal part.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The football thing is new, I think. Has he done that before?

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1607168343924166656

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Wilson is trying to reveal Bush's Baked Beans secret family recipe.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

McDaniels was asked point blank Monday whether he would consider benching Carr for backup Jarrett Stidham for the final two games. The coach didn't exactly offer a rousing defense of Carr.

"I think there's a possibility that we would do the right thing regardless of the position," McDaniels said.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's so funny when Belichick spawn do Bill cosplay without any of his success as a coach.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JJ Watt announced he's retiring at the end of the season.

Guy was a walk in hall of famer after 5 years in the league.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

did he manage to bat down any of Brady's passes the other night?

I'll never forget that image of the Pats preparing for him by having the d line hold lacrosse sticks

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
probably better off not playing too many more NFL games with afib....

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

FizFashizzle posted:

did he manage to bat down any of Brady's passes the other night?

I'll never forget that image of the Pats preparing for him by having the d line hold lacrosse sticks

He never ended up doing anything against the Patriots as far as I can remember

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't know if he did, but he did have a ridiculous bit in the middle of the game where he like tackled the RB for a loss on 2nd and 1, then did it again on 3rd and 2 then caused a bad pass on 4th and 2 I think.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vando posted:

yeah but one of those was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyv4du7BTOc

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
JJ at his peak was the best defensive player I've ever seen

It's a shame about the injuries, otherwise he could've made a real run at the career sack record.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

I don't know if he did, but he did have a ridiculous bit in the middle of the game where he like tackled the RB for a loss on 2nd and 1, then did it again on 3rd and 2 then caused a bad pass on 4th and 2 I think.

They said during the pre game stuff that Watt has never sacked Brady, and he didn’t manage it this time either. Which is a little funny because Watt is still wrecking games, while the Buccs OL is total dust and Brady can’t move anymore. If ever there was a chance to tick that box.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Benne posted:

It's a shame about the injuries, otherwise he could've made a real run at the career sack record.

Von Miller won rookie of the year their first year with 11.5 sacks and JJ Watt still passed him in sacks in year 3 and didn't surrender that lead until year 7 and his 2nd consecutive lost season to injury

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So what exactly is the job of these nfl spotters?

They pulled Bridgewater for nearly nothing, but left Tua in the game against Green Bay. I watched in real time and missed it completely - but if your job is to spot stuff like this, that head hit looks violent enough to warrant a question. Why isn’t this happening?

a few weeks AFTER claiming the whole Devante Parker thing - which had the ACTUAL PLAYER OPENLY COMPLAIN ABOUT IT - was actually handled properly.

Is there just zero accountability?

You obviously can’t count on the nfl doc or Miamis doc - we’ve all seen that - but it feels like everyone just keeps saying “well we tried. We’ll improve!”

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 27, 2022

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Benne posted:

JJ’s best seasons included a 2-14 year and a pair of 9-7 seasons under Bill O’Brien. Dude was unfucking real for a while.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

So what exactly is the job of these nfl spotters?

They pulled Bridgewater for nearly nothing, but left Tua in the game against Green Bay a few weeks AFTER claiming the whole Devante Parker thing - which had the ACTUAL PLAYER OPENLY COMPLAIN ABOUT IT - was actually handled properly.

Is there just zero accountability?

They just don't exist in any meaningful capacity until a disaster happens, then show up for a game or two until the body politic forgets and they're back to not existing.

Like in response to Parker, the Pats game had one this week, and they pulled Hunter Henry after he got clearly concussed (he was already off the field in the tent already when they announced he was pulled).

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ejiro Evero was offered the interim HC job but he turned it down saying he didn't want RW to ruin his chances to become an actual HC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

*watching the field through binoculars*

Wait for it…

Wait for iiiiitttt….

*player enters concussion tent*

Concussion confirmed - pull him, boys