Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

PenisMonkey posted:

Will Nog be in it?!!??!?

Unless they come up with a technology to resurrect the dead, sadly no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Prurient Squid posted:

People bitch about season 3 of tos being bad but it's the one that's got Lincoln in it so it can't be that bad?

Season 3 TOS is very bad. Almost Season 1 of TNG bad.

Season 3 TOS was the reason Leonard Nimoy wasn’t too broken up about the show being cancelled.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Der Kyhe posted:

Unless they come up with a technology to resurrect the dead, sadly no.

That’s the great thing about animation, VO artists are replaceable. But the Star Trek fandom probably wouldn’t go for it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Really digging how naked embarrassed Tuvok and bound Tuvok are only a few episodes apart. A delightfully persistent window into the mind of some weirdo on Voyager’s writing crew.

E: also lol at the finger paint aliens

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 28, 2022

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
There is an episode of Enterprise where Archer and T'Pol are captured and tied up and as a kid I just thought they came up with some weird alien looking knots for the show

I saw the episode as an adult and suddenly I'm pointing at the screen like Leo DiCaprio in that gif

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

it would be funnier if they had come up with cool looking alien knots in total innocence, which were then adopted by the fetish community :kiddo:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
not at all

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

they probably know the best way to tie someone up without hurting them or cutting off blood flow or whatever. I wouldn't accept anything less

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

they probably know the best way to tie someone up without hurting them or cutting off blood flow or whatever. I wouldn't accept anything less

Vulcan shibari is very logical.

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Starting my first ever DS9 watch.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Noam Chomsky posted:

Its good.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Noam Chomsky posted:

Allamaraine, count to four

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tighclops posted:

There is an episode of Enterprise where Archer and T'Pol are captured and tied up and as a kid I just thought they came up with some weird alien looking knots for the show

I saw the episode as an adult and suddenly I'm pointing at the screen like Leo DiCaprio in that gif

:stonklol:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tighclops posted:

Oh no, it's not just the one time; they re-tie them in new poses later because they escape the first set.

And also Archer "accidentally" slams his face into T'Pol's chest at one point in their fumbling about to free themselves.

I like to call that episode "Shibari Knots of P'Jem"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Are those actual sex knots or are goons just being dorks and confusing any hot ladies tied up as sex knots?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gis it yourself. it's pretty obvious.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Noam Chomsky posted:

Making some good life choices here

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

gis it yourself. it's pretty obvious.

I did, the examples I can see don't really look like what's in the image beyond "have multiple loops and multiple points"

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

CainFortea posted:

Are those actual sex knots or are goons just being dorks and confusing any hot ladies tied up as sex knots?

There aren't really any sex-specific knots but the overall ropework is at the very least Shibari-inspired, yes.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

They are extreme amateur hour sex knots.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

CainFortea posted:

In a military context that would be hojōjutsu—but, given that this is Star Trek there’s no way it’s knot the sex thing.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I could never get into ds9, gave up in like season 3.

I actually like voyager more, it's total trash but more watchable :shrug:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Mods???

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Haha goddamn they needed more episodes where its just Quark and Odo because I'm watching the Ascent and its loving fantastic.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dick Fontaine posted:

In a military context that would be hojōjutsu—but, given that this is Star Trek there’s no way it’s knot the sex thing.

Also in terms of a TV show you generally wouldn't really need to go past "we bound their hands and feet" for a scene of showing your characters restrained.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dick Fontaine posted:

Yea like, my doubt isn't coming from a place of "It's star trek, they'd never do that!" This is the same show that had the hoshi hand bra.

It's more that goons are weird about sex things. And I know people who do Shibari and have seen this show and none of them mentioned it.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

If you haven't yet, you could check out this competition thread I did in SciFi WiFi. Because I was in a very similar boat. I could never get through season 2 and I like Voyager more. Bounced off every time. But a bunch of people recommended the best episodes and that got me interested enough to watch almost all the rest. (I still haven't watched all of the stupid loving baseball episode but I did skim through it)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941559

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The baseball episode is not stupid! How are there people that think this!!!!!! Agh

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

CainFortea posted:

It's more that goons are weird about sex things. And I know people who do Shibari and have seen this show and none of them mentioned it.

1.) True
2.) Curious to see what your friends would say if you asked

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Some bad opinions on this page

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

1) Nice photogenic Shibari is harder than it looks
2) Amateur attempts can still be plenty of fun

A Very Sexy Baby
Sep 25, 2007

I can't help it if men are attracted to me.
Jamake Highwater rebranded yet again and is now a shibari consultant for films and TV

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dick Fontaine posted:

1.) True
2.) Curious to see what your friends would say if you asked

I asked one of them that was up at this time and he said "They look kinda like maybe someone does that for fun and was tasked to do the tying and just did a truncated version"

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The baseball episode is not stupid! How are there people that think this!!!!!! Agh

Baseball is stupid and anything with baseball in it is stupid by the transitive property. Except a League of their Own.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

CainFortea posted:

If you haven't yet, you could check out this competition thread I did in SciFi WiFi. Because I was in a very similar boat. I could never get through season 2 and I like Voyager more. Bounced off every time. But a bunch of people recommended the best episodes and that got me interested enough to watch almost all the rest. (I still haven't watched all of the stupid loving baseball episode but I did skim through it)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941559

Hm cool I'll check it out, thanks man

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

A Very Sexy Baby posted:

Jamake Highwater rebranded yet again and is now a shibari consultant for films and TV

My people used braided corn silk to bind their subs

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Quoted for fact. The baseball episode is Trek humor at its best, only eclipsed by the scene where Worf snaps Weyoun's neck and Damar just starts laughing like a maniac and Gul Dukat reaching the Find Out stage in Civil Defense. The episode is easy top 1% of Trek, and personally it's in my top 10.

A Very Sexy Baby
Sep 25, 2007

I can't help it if men are attracted to me.
It's a little stupid though in that they don't address Bashir's super acuity and strength (because it was a recycled non-Trek story).

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Ascent is so loving good . Quark keeping the environmental suit then immediately cuts to Odo wearing the suit and carrying the transmitter.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Ok, so is this Voyager stuff a sex thing or was I just being a weird goon?
:thunk:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Definitely a sex thing. All of Voyager is a sex thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Neelix is the sex thing