Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Josh Norman opened a coffee shop in atlanta

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1608195743742935041?s=46&t=V73lMZaj_CttS6aYMNwFNw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Simplex posted:

It's weird to me that people still aren't realizing this was the plan from day 1.

It's weird to me that Adams didn't :confused:

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Nodoze posted:

Carr is a perfect fit in the long line of mediocre Colts QBs post Luck/Rivers

:hmmyes:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I still have no idea how Herbert missed no time with that rib cartilage fracture

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Josh McDaniels spent a 1st on Tim Tebow my man.

Edit: Also the Raiders are already doing a bang up job of sinking Carr's trade value by telegraphing that they want to get rid of him.

Tim Tebow has more playoff wins than Derek Carr.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

a neat cape posted:

I still have no idea how Herbert missed no time with that rib cartilage fracture

Painkillers strong enough for a horse :horsedrugs:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shrimpy posted:

Tim Tebow has more playoff wins than Derek Carr.
While Im not going to call him top 12 QB like Dan here, its ludicrous that the Raiders never fielded a top half of the league defense while he was there.

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1608187015631192064

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'd believe you could've swapped Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr 5 years ago and probably not changed anything else.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Doubtful: Me watching this game

https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/1608208032554520577

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

On his podcast today, Travis Kelce confirmed that Andy Reid is calling the plays and not Eric Bienemy. This might be a bit of a PR snafu for the team. Especially if the rumors about EB getting serious consideration for a head coaching job are true. Kelce’s brother tried to smooth it over in the moment, but Travis doubled down. Surprised they didn’t squash that in the edit.

Maybe this is why

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is derek carr a top 10 all-time qb to get benched?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

EmbryoSteve posted:

this is where the league is though. If you dont have a top 10 guy you are hosed. The qb protection and passing rules encourage this imo having an elite guy feels like you might get more roughing calls (whether or not the data bears this out im not going to look)

It’s not like having a top 10 QB is actually all that helpful either. Over the past decade you’ve got Flacco, completely washed Peyton and Nick Foles winning one Super Bowl each, then Russ, Stafford and Mahomes with one each and Brady with the rest.

Russ had the benefit of the #1 defense in the league at the time. Stafford has always been at least fringe top 10 but couldn’t win poo poo on a bad team.

I don’t really know what the secret is other than “have Tom Brady.”

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

Maybe this is why

So Bieniemy is basically Pete Carmichael.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

While Im not going to call him top 12 QB like Dan here, its ludicrous that the Raiders never fielded a top half of the league defense while he was there.

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1608187015631192064

He's probably as good as the 12th best QB tbh.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
An unfortunate quote on Carr’s wiki…

quote:

"I absolutely love Las Vegas and I hope that they are loving our team. I hope they like what we've been able to do. Hopefully, we can do some more to give them some more great memories here in the future. But I love this place and I tell you what, man, especially the way my wife's talking, I don't think we're going to be going anywhere anytime soon."

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

SKULL.GIF posted:

Carr is also going to turn 32, and I suspect the trend of QBs being reliable starters deep in their 30s was mostly an outlier led by Brady, Brees, and Rodgers.

Nah, with the way roughing the passer gets called now, we'll have QB's in their 50's in no time.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

wandler20 posted:

So Bieniemy is basically Pete Carmichael.

Maybe Kelce is sick of Bienemy as it seems Pat is.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dammit Colts don't you dare trade for Carr

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Codependent Poster posted:

Dammit Colts don't you dare trade for Carr

You absolutely know they're going to get another retread quarterback in this sad post-Luck divorcee era

This would be the youngest retread but also the least accomplished

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s not like having a top 10 QB is actually all that helpful either. Over the past decade you’ve got Flacco, completely washed Peyton and Nick Foles winning one Super Bowl each, then Russ, Stafford and Mahomes with one each and Brady with the rest.

Russ had the benefit of the #1 defense in the league at the time. Stafford has always been at least fringe top 10 but couldn’t win poo poo on a bad team.

The best way to advance to the Super Bowl is with really good QB play. What happens once you get there is a different story.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I was thinking similar but more along the lines of how the best team in the league seems to rarely win the super bowl any more. It's such a crap shoot in the playoffs and attrition is arguably the biggest factor in who gets there. That and the refs. Just look at the back to back KC super bowls. When they played the niners, they got very friendly refs and won even though they were probably not the better team. The next year they were definitely the better team but lost because the refs called everything. Swap the refs the two years and the results switch, as well.

Last year the best team was probably Buffalo, but they didn't make it. And if you go back quite a ways it's the same story nearly every year.

I think if you go back to the undefeated Pats team, they lost to a team that didn't even belong in the big game. And the rematch a few years later, again the Giants shouldn't have been there but attrition is what got them in.

Part of this is the parity that the salary cap brought in, of course. It definitely increases interest and money so the league is happy.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Tank job is in

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1608227353242517505?t=UdneEp2wTu5Tf0oRDXar8g&s=19

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

First the worst, second the best duh

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
49ers are going to be resting their starters by half time.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Goddamn the Raiders are doing Carr so dirty. Not even going to practice or be at the last 2 games.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Mid-tier QBs like Carr drive people insane and are considered elite and trash simultaneously. His market price will be dunked on as way too high even though it'll be well short of Watson/Wilson money.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Weirdly the Cowboys game has zero effect on Tennessee's playoff chances, so might as well rest everyone.

Sucks we'll probably lose our winning season streak, but oh well.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Carr to the 9ers for the healthy mid tier qb that gets Shanny to another super bowl

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

surf rock posted:

You absolutely know they're going to get another retread quarterback in this sad post-Luck divorcee era

This would be the youngest retread but also the least accomplished

The colts are drafting the tall white qb with a powerful arm and mediocre accuracy.

And heck, the great state of Indiana will cheer it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Highbrow Slick posted:

Goddamn the Raiders are doing Carr so dirty. Not even going to practice or be at the last 2 games.

I agree they should have treated him better this year but I actually believe them about this aspect of it being a mutual agreement thing. He'd been openly emotional at multiple press conferences the past month (this last game being the most recent example) after losses, like he knew him being done with the team was a given, and after being there nearly a decade and being friends with everyone to the point it was the reason Davante came over to the team, it hurt. Stepping back, breathing, trying to relax and getting his own chance to say goodbye to them on his own time is probably better for him than being out there in-person on a set schedule and seeing how they do without him up close would be

I don't know if I'd have made it public in advance that he wasn't going to be there because it'd get this immediate negative reaction assuming it's another way he's getting hosed over, but the reaction would have definitely been worse if fans had to find it out during the games

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I want Minshew Mania to sign as a starter somewhere

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's 15 QB's making at least $25m APY (which is a sorta kinda true, so let's go with it). Also shows how quick the Ravens should try to get Lamar to agree to *anything* before Burrow / Herbert / Hurts push Mahomes further down this list.

$50 Rodgers
$49 Russ
$46 Kyler / Watson
$45 Mahomes
$43 Josh Allen
$40 Derek Carr / Stafford / Prescott
$35 Cousins
$33 Goff
$32 Wentz
$30 Matt Ryan
$30 Tannehill
$25 Brady
---- Next two are also the last not just what Rookies get paid tier --------
$15 Baker
$14 Winston

So you can see why the "average starter, who's good in the right situation" is a problem, because you're getting like a $10m discount off God tier play, when realistically if that $40m tier is right, Mahomes should be earning $100m. But if you don't pay that, you're suddenly in the realm of pure desperation.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 29, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

joe burrow will graciously accept 47 million dollars per year to help fill out the list of clownfinance payagami

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Tim Whatley posted:

I want Minshew Mania to sign as a starter somewhere

(A monkey's paw curls in Foxboro)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Giants win and their loving in.

Let’s goooo!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope that game is a tie because i doubt any two teams have tied a different team in a season then tied eachother as well to make up their multiple ties. well i bet that's not true now that i think about it, since teams 100 years ago did have several ties, proving me incorrect. but i'd like you to listen to "ditto" by newjeans. it's such a smooth track that sneaks into your being and wants to stay there for quite some time.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

solarjetman posted:

Mid-tier QBs like Carr drive people insane and are considered elite and trash simultaneously. His market price will be dunked on as way too high even though it'll be well short of Watson/Wilson money.

Who would you rather give a quarter billion to?

253/421 for 3019 yds, 12/9 TD/INT

vs

305/502 for 3,522 yds, 24/14 TD/INT

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'd hire a cheap journeyman for like 5 mil and embezzle the rest.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Mega64 posted:

I'd hire a cheap journeyman for like 5 mil and embezzle the rest.

Now you're thinking like an NFL owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/johnewing/status/1608251451825864705