Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A farting mink posted:

I just watched The Mummy with Tom Cruise because I hate life. Near the end Cruise is all beaten up and looks like poo poo. He looks just like Elon Musk in those scenes.

Why did I watch that movie?

How could you do this to my boy Brendan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

A farting mink posted:

I just watched The Mummy with Tom Cruise because I hate life. Near the end Cruise is all beaten up and looks like poo poo. He looks just like Elon Musk in those scenes.

Why did I watch that movie?

Sounds like you ended up on the wrong side of the river with that choice.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Tiny Timbs posted:

wrong mummy movie

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tiny Timbs posted:

I own this shirt, it rules

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
It's ok, batplane just took off to fix the servers

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ymgve posted:

wrong mummy movie

I believe Tiny Timbs is asking the correct question: Why would you watch the Tom Cruise Mummy Movie when the Brendan Fraser Mummy Movies* exist?

*The Jet Li one doesn't count

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Infinitum posted:

omg

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

learnincurve posted:

Someone tweet "science says we breath oxygen" back at him please

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608188826291167242?cxt=HHwWlICzrfHNt9EsAAAA

I'd like to point out that the embed crops the :airquote:punchline:airquote::

So it's specifically scientific racism he's defending. He'll start plugging The Bell Curve next.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Powershift posted:

The most divorced man is now following the second most divorced man

I can't wait for Teslas to be fueled by mega-gas caused by the Dilberito. Come to think of it maybe that's what's (not) powering the Twitter servers right this moment

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Just unplug the servers, get in the pillow fort, and wait for the heat to die down.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

guys, twitter isn't broken. elon said it's fine

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608273870901096454

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Screenshot instead of trying to embed because... you know, lol

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

learnincurve posted:

Someone tweet "science says we breath oxygen" back at him please

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608188826291167242?cxt=HHwWlICzrfHNt9EsAAAA

Is his plan to get so much hate engagement that people start joining Twitter just to point out what a loving idiot he is?

Because honestly, his sophomoric understanding of science and his complete lack of any knowledge or reading on the subject is completely infuriating, and I am almost tempted to stop screaming into the void and scream at his dumb Twitter account that he 100% reads every reply to so he can 🤣 at every dumb attack helicopter joke.

My GOD he’s a loving moron

The Postman
May 12, 2007

elon has more important things to do than make sure his website is working

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

The Postman posted:

elon has more important things to do than make sure his website is working
He's currently looking for autoexec.bat and command.com files he can save to a boot-disk...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

PITY BONER posted:

Imagine being an Elon simp and believing this guy has a PhD in Physics (he doesn't, but he lied that he was working on one at a school he was never accepted into), and seeing how he's "just asking questions." If someone as smart and amazing as Elon thinks something is corrupt, it must be!!!

He has a childs understanding of science, nearly all his apparent 'smarts' are from his employees coaching him.

He's a moron and its really starting to be unsuprising that he's falling into Qanon nonsense like antivax and 'just asking questions' about established and well vetted scientific people and ideas.

Megaraptor
Dec 10, 2004

Life, uh...finds a way
I'm going to do my part and post videos to help the meltdown along.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

See this? This is BAD. What that means is something in their authentication API has taken a colossal poo poo and is hard down (503 means the server isn't talking back or can't be reached). It can't auth your session token as valid, so when you log in (or are already logged in) it can't see you have a valid session and boots you out the door.

In a proper company this'd be an all-hands-on-deck problem coordinating to isolate the failed service and get it back online. In current Twitter? Elon's probably gonna scream at some H-1B visa coders to fix it until something happens.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
For every minute this is broken 1% of you get fired!!!!!!!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Twitter is more alive than ever!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

pixaal posted:

Try drugs use the ones that make your brain work better. Preferably under the guidance of a professional.

Unfortunately, they haven't legalized medical marijuana in my state.

They did legalize recreational marijuana in the state I live less than a mile from, though!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Neddy Seagoon posted:

See this? This is BAD. What that means is something in their authentication API has taken a colossal poo poo and is hard down (503 means the server isn't talking back or can't be reached). It can't auth your session token as valid, so when you log in (or are already logged in) it can't see you have a valid session and boots you out the door.

In a proper company this'd be an all-hands-on-deck problem coordinating to isolate the failed service and get it back online. In current Twitter? Elon's probably gonna scream at some H-1B visa coders to fix it until something happens.

Musk is gonna be so mad at whoever explains this to him in simple enough terms for him to understand

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:tif:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

{errors: [{message: "Over capacity", code: 130}]}
errors
:
[{message: "Over capacity", code: 130}]

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

cr0y posted:

lmao

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I'm assuming all the racks he unplugged hosted the disaster recovery environments

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

See this? This is BAD. What that means is something in their

That's a pronoun so I, elon musk, has opted not to read further. You're fired

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Brendan Fraser makes a better Frankenstein anyway

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Saddest Rhino posted:

That's a pronoun so I, elon musk, has opted not to read further. You're fired

But Elon, you don't understand! We need to stage backups and restart the service! It should've failed over automatically onto redundant platforms, but because you've been unplugging servers there were no spare servers we could populate containers into.

...Why are you calling Security Elon, we need to get on this now!

Hey, what the?!... PUT ME DOOWWWWWNNNnnnnnnn....

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
it was back for a little bit but now its dead.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
How could Twitter down be trending on Twitter :thunk:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
surely there's someone Musk can fire that will put an end to this mess

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It can also mean that someone fiddled with the code and can't execute whatever instruction it suppose to do, but at this point it means the same thing for the users.

I also seen it happen when code get stuck at the beginning of their lifecycle, meaning it that it start but never actually run and keep starting new instance of the programme, meaning that the program is stuck in some sort of limbo and never do what it suppose to.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 29, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

cr0y posted:

:elon::elon::elon::elon::elon:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Elon's running to the Datacenter to start plugging servers back in.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bleusilences posted:

It can also mean that someone fiddled with the code and can't execute whatever instruction it suppose to do, but at this point it means the same thing for the users.

Oooh yeah; Someone could've really hosed a push to prod to make this happen. Even-odds it's looking for dev-build URL's and not the live build's.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Infinitum posted:

Holy poo poo where and how much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost