Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Man, Spidey-sense didn't eve wait for him to try to attack. He just concussed him right then and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pete just casually beating the poo poo out of some thug while being lost in thought is pretty good I'll admit

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Been busy with fam but here's a couple days worth of Spider-Man and Magneto.

"Why do you keep hurting me and trying to kill me?"
"All part of the test, don't worry about it."

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"This looks super shady and also my spider sense is warning me. Welp, what's the worse that could happen?"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Happy holidays, Murdstone, hope your family time's good.

My headcanon for this arc is that Magneto was hanging out with supervillains and they started complaining about how Spider-man's so easy to gently caress with but impossible to kill, so he decided he would show off by loving with him for hours upon hours and then kill him.

Murdstone posted:

Been busy with fam but here's a couple days worth of Spider-Man and Magneto.

Top 15 strips of all time.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Now, for this next test, please look into this *lights cannon fuse*

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Which I have poisoned."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Murdstone posted:

"Which I have poisoned."

"Any fatal allergies I should know about? It's quite alright, I prepared for most of them."

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

"And don't mind all the razorblades. Those are for texture."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

No, it was just MJ
It was just MJ and a blanket
Kilgrave was bested by MJ's plan of awkwardly throwing a blanket on him

In some nutty way, I guess she wins!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well yeah, it has been long established that mj likey the beefcake.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
God Magneto's collar is such a fuckin look I want it.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Sockser posted:

No, it was just MJ

To be fair, it's kind of Daredevil's plan, from Daredevil V1#4, in another nod to Marvel Universe Continuity that apparently still did happen.

Still MJ remembered and implemented it, which is more than can be said for Peter. That said.. Yes, all the actual effective crimefighting was spearheaded by MJ. Pete just gave Killgrave a more effective patsy, MJ got the spider-tracer to track him down, hit Kilgrave in the throat with a pipe to shut him up, and got the specially-treated plastic blanket on him, twice. Definitely the MV(Watson-)P here.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Larryb posted:

Pete just casually beating the poo poo out of some thug while being lost in thought is pretty good I'll admit

It really is actually. It even works great in a comic strip format. Keeps the action and story going, doesn't waffle about in terms of trying to hide his identity, while also establishing how capable a fighter he is at this time. And it has the added layer of just being intentionally funny.

It's like, bafflingly good quality and so out of place in our beloved strip.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Carole: "I, uh, didn't tell you what the dream was about."

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sockser posted:

No, it was just MJ

The number of these plots that could be quickly resolved if MJ just had a gun is really pretty high for a superhero strip.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Knormal posted:

The number of these plots that could be quickly resolved if MJ just had a gun is really pretty high for a superhero strip.

Jerusalem posted:

Peter: It's okay, he's just in a space coma, like Ronan and also weirdly it happened to Gwen Stacey a few years back...
MJ: :tinfoil:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol: at that first panel on the second one.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I don't like that you stole all this money out of the bank but I'm too poor not to accept it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I think there's certain points where the magnetic powers become a little show-off-y. Pulling a switch that you could just reach over and get was on the edge, but levitating a salad fork into your mouth is definitely past that point.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sockser posted:

Don't forget she hit a motherfucker in the throat with a pipe.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

davidspackage posted:

I think there's certain points where the magnetic powers become a little show-off-y. Pulling a switch that you could just reach over and get was on the edge, but levitating a salad fork into your mouth is definitely past that point.
Let's be real: If any of us could do that, we'd be using magnetic powers for dumb poo poo all the time.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

davidspackage posted:

How else would you know it's Magneto? Maybe it's just some hobo in a Magneto wig. Magneto obviously saw what happened to Spider-man in the alley and is taking precautions. :smug:

It's also infinitely hilarious to me that Magneto treats Spider-man to a diner in a restaurant fully in costume and after chasing people off with his powers.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Heck, even showing up in full Magneto costume doesn't help sometimes.

Amazing Spider-Man V1 #327

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Murdstone posted:

:lol: at that first panel on the second one.

the thing that gets me, moreso than Magneto using his powers on a fork or them both being in costume (magneto is totally wearing his outfit under teh coat, but at least he left the helmet back home), is that Peter is being treated by a supervillain to a fancy restaurant dinner... but all he's getting out of it is a big bowl of spring mix. and a bread roll it seems. not even like chicken in that salad it seems.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"Would you like a breadstick to take home to your wife, Spider-man? They always give me extra breadsticks, for I am the master of magnetism."

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

MorningMoon posted:

the thing that gets me, moreso than Magneto using his powers on a fork or them both being in costume (magneto is totally wearing his outfit under teh coat, but at least he left the helmet back home), is that Peter is being treated by a supervillain to a fancy restaurant dinner... but all he's getting out of it is a big bowl of spring mix. and a bread roll it seems. not even like chicken in that salad it seems.

MAGNETO MAY BE THE MASTER OF MAGNETISM, BUT MAGNETO IS NOT MADE OF MONEY

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Haifisch posted:

Let's be real: If any of us could do that, we'd be using magnetic powers for dumb poo poo all the time.

I can't remember where I read it, but it was about Dungeons & Dragons and how every game devolves from "Lord of the Rings" to "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" because wizards do things like turn people into balloons. Basically, imagine all the dumb rear end in a top hat things we do already with computers, and add magic to that

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nice going, Magneto.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Spidey using his incredible interrogation techniques to get that info out of Magneto.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I nearly passed out because I thought Magneto broke and used his powers on a tree branch before I realized it's supposed to be a rail.

For as stupid as Peter and Magneto are, I'm kinda glad they Magneto laid it thick enough and also realized he did exactly that.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Wait a minute! The guy who nearly killed me, treated me to a dinner by scaring people away with his powers is actually a bad guy! :derp:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like to think that magneto in the nsm-verse is still a pretty famous villain and mutants are widely known to exist. it's just peter that doesn't know, and mags is patiently explaining like to a particularly slow child.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

"I must reveal all of my secrets and plans in order to recruit Spider-Man!"
"On no! I've revealed all of my secrets and plans and now I must destroy Spider-Man!"

It's been said before, but Spider-Man's real power is anyone who hangs around him for too long becomes as dumb as he is.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
The NSM-verse seems to be wildly inconsistent about exactly how much pre-established history there is from comic to comic.

In the Purple Man storyline, both Peter and Luke Cage seem to be utterly flabbergasted by the fact that A: there's a purple man, and B: he has mind control powers. Meanwhile Kilgrave immediately knows who they both are and what they're capable of within seconds of recovering from total amnesia. Then MJ saves the day by pulling out a special bedsheet designed to perfectly counter Kilgrave's powers from a previous conversation with Daredevil, which Peter claims to have been present for.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is just straight up the Building Committee from Peter and MJ's Apartment Building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Inadequately posted:

The NSM-verse seems to be wildly inconsistent about exactly how much pre-established history there is from comic to comic.

In the Purple Man storyline, both Peter and Luke Cage seem to be utterly flabbergasted by the fact that A: there's a purple man, and B: he has mind control powers. Meanwhile Kilgrave immediately knows who they both are and what they're capable of within seconds of recovering from total amnesia. Then MJ saves the day by pulling out a special bedsheet designed to perfectly counter Kilgrave's powers from a previous conversation with Daredevil, which Peter claims to have been present for.

MJ haven't suffered that many blows to the head so she, unlike Peter,is able to retain memories.