Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Shard posted:

Tornado tag matches on No Mercy and the Smackdown games with my friends and cousins IS my teenage gaming years.

2 v 2 tornado ladder match, we will be fighting at the backlash arena with hooks and ill be playing as rikishi or viscara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
When I was a kid three friends and I would play WCW vs. nWo Revenge but we only had three controllers, so we'd start a rumble and pass the controller along every time we got eliminated.

Good times.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Stumbled across a Groverhaus video and I was like 'man I miss SA' - glad this thread is still going. Random shoutout to Wrestling Empire, still the MDickie madness of old.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Is it just not possible to preorder a digital PC version of Fight Forever on Amazon? I have a $50 gift card from last Christmas that I never spent, but the only options are for physical copies with several days estimated for shipping.

I'd buy a Steam card instead, but $50 Steam cards on Amazon are... $75 for some reason.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

simosimo posted:

Stumbled across a Groverhaus video and I was like 'man I miss SA' - glad this thread is still going. Random shoutout to Wrestling Empire, still the MDickie madness of old.

If only it were more mod-friendly. Or at least didn't require some code injecting

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Bonk posted:

Is it just not possible to preorder a digital PC version of Fight Forever on Amazon? I have a $50 gift card from last Christmas that I never spent, but the only options are for physical copies with several days estimated for shipping.

I'd buy a Steam card instead, but $50 Steam cards on Amazon are... $75 for some reason.

The game doesn’t have a release date yet, I don’t think the shipping is going to matter. They’ll probably have a digital one available once they announce when it’s coming out

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Ah, thanks. It listed the release as later this month, but apparently that was just a placeholder date.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

New Legacy did a pretty amusing WWE 2K22 Christmas Tournament. The brackets are:

Frosty the Snowman vs. The Grinch
Turbo Man vs. Santa Claus
Ebeneezer Scrooge vs. Jesus Christ
Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo vs. Kevin McAllister

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I noticed on Amazon.ca that fight forever now has a release date of December 21. When I preordered it a month ago it was listed as December 31. I doubt the game is going to be out in 8 days but it would be awesome if it were.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I noticed on Amazon.ca that fight forever now has a release date of December 21. When I preordered it a month ago it was listed as December 31. I doubt the game is going to be out in 8 days but it would be awesome if it were.

I feel like it might be awhile considering they didn’t even reveal the release date at the game awards

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'd love to have it out, but I figure any release date Dec 25-31 is just a placeholder for companies.

Awaiting my annual email from Amazon telling me my pre-order for Metroid Prime 4 has been pushed back to Dec 31, 2023 :(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tato posted:

I'd love to have it out, but I figure any release date Dec 25-31 is just a placeholder for companies.

Awaiting my annual email from Amazon telling me my pre-order for Metroid Prime 4 has been pushed back to Dec 31, 2023 :(

No i actually am going to get my copies of Fight Forever and the Achewood book I'm not owned I'm not a mark

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dacap posted:

I feel like it might be awhile considering they didn’t even reveal the release date at the game awards

But they did announce that Al Pacino will be on commentary.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I mean we are talking abt YUKES here. A cold drop is kind of their thing

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I just looked and it now says "December 21, 2023" on amazon.ca

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ahead of Christmas next year sounds right to me. They can finish development and do a big promotional push for it at Full Gear next year.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/WWEGamesOOC/status/1607423970386509826

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What are the scenarios that happen that even lead to this in a game? It's so loving bizarre and hilarious and it's hard to believe that you can have this amount of fun in any WWE game. I still go back and watch the ghost referee and chocolate drop videos from time to time and they always kill me.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

games were fer fun back then

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Reminds me of how great the credits for Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth were. First it plays "Real American" over some game footage mixed with coding and behind-the-scenes stuff. Then "Beautiful People" plays over a mix of regular game footage and all the crazy poo poo you can do with its engine. Stuff like outdoor snowball fights, jumping off the Smackdown fist, an army of Goldusts marching to the ring, six Ric Flairs doing Flair Flops at the same time, Matt Hardy and Lita smashing shopping carts into each other, etc.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It really has to be seen to be believed. Shut Your Mouth followed by Here Comes the Pain might be the best two wrestling games back to back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er_F6xrRxKo

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shard posted:

It really has to be seen to be believed. Shut Your Mouth followed by Here Comes the Pain might be the best two wrestling games back to back.

lol more effort and charm was put into those closing credits than the entirety of the last two games combined.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Shard posted:

whoa does SYM really get away with an uncensored "motherfucker" in Beautiful People? that's crazy

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

lol more effort and charm was put into those closing credits than the entirety of the last two games combined.

great nicknakes, Taku Enough and Hul-KAMAnia are my favs

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

whoa does SYM really get away with an uncensored "motherfucker" in Beautiful People? that's crazy

My memory tells me the version you could use in game was the Smackdown remix that was censored. I was really surprised when I heard the uncensored version in that video because I played the hell out of that game I don't think I ever actually watched the credits until that video was posted.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SYM also had my favorite ending in a wrestling game. You play through two years of career mode with your first WrestleMania angle being a remake of Rock vs. Hogan at WM18. Then the following WrestleMania has you in a title match as the main event while the undercard features Vince McMahon vs. Ric Flair for total control over the company. Vince wins and there's a quick cutscene of Vince flexing with one foot on Flair's chest.

After your match, your opponent grabs a mic and puts you over. The two of you shake hands, hug it out, he raises your hand up, etc. Then "No Chance" starts playing and Vince storms to the ring to poo poo on your match, brag about owning 100% of the company, and demands you give him the belt. You and your opponent look to each other and there are three options of how to respond. Here, all the options are "SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" Selecting whichever one causes Vince to react like he realizes he hosed up, only to get two fists in the face followed by a freeze-frame of him flying backwards.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I’m watching DDT4 2011 and I’ve come to the conclusion that the AEW game won’t be complete until I can wrestle in that old Reseda community hall. They don’t need to make a big deal about it, just give me a ‘indy’ arena with a white ceiling and hanging light fixtures, a bar in the background and a guardrail made out of dudes holding beer jugs

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I believe that was the HCtP ending, actually. :eng101: It's a good payback from WM2000, where if you didn't win the rumble you'd get screwed out of your Mania title match the day of and have to restart if you were trying to complete it and unlock HBK. I remember 'that' one inducing some rage on Gamefaqs and other forums at the time.

Only thing wrong with their career mode is it only lasts 2 years.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sandman McMahon posted:

I’m watching DDT4 2011 and I’ve come to the conclusion that the AEW game won’t be complete until I can wrestle in that old Reseda community hall. They don’t need to make a big deal about it, just give me a ‘indy’ arena with a white ceiling and hanging light fixtures, a bar in the background and a guardrail made out of dudes holding beer jugs

It was legit fun in 2k19 or whichever one it was when they had the indie show in a parking lot arena and faux Korakuen and Tokyo Dome ones.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dishwasher posted:

I believe that was the HCtP ending, actually. :eng101: It's a good payback from WM2000, where if you didn't win the rumble you'd get screwed out of your Mania title match the day of and have to restart if you were trying to complete it and unlock HBK. I remember 'that' one inducing some rage on Gamefaqs and other forums at the time.

Only thing wrong with their career mode is it only lasts 2 years.

No, I looked it up and it was definitely SYM. From what I remember, the HCtP ending includes segments where you're backstage and your closest ally (ie. former tag title partner) tells you how proud he is and you see Vince tending to his own injuries, reluctantly admitting to your immense talent. Then you unlock footage of John Cena rapping about the game.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

joylessdivision posted:

My memory tells me the version you could use in game was the Smackdown remix that was censored. I was really surprised when I heard the uncensored version in that video because I played the hell out of that game I don't think I ever actually watched the credits until that video was posted.

oh yeah, i know the in-game version is censored, and i watched the credits on a copy i have and it was censored during them; so now i'm wondering if earlier revisions of SYM had it uncensored during the credits

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Trying to get into Journey of Wrestling but I'm a weirdo who doesn't want to book for real companies (right now anyway). Are there any good scenarios with robust fake companies/rosters? Should I just continue from the tutorial?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

apophenium posted:

Trying to get into Journey of Wrestling but I'm a weirdo who doesn't want to book for real companies (right now anyway). Are there any good scenarios with robust fake companies/rosters? Should I just continue from the tutorial?
I've not seen a fake scenario I'm really fond of, so I tend to go with historical eras and do a fantasy draft (or for a 'challenge', draft only for myself and cap at 450 popularity or whatever). You can 'generate' competitors and (if you select a custom starting company) your own roster too.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Planning on getting a bunch of friends to create hosed up monstrosity character to pit against each other in a CPU royal rumble while we drink and take bets, which game do you guys think would suit that purpose best? If original Xbox emulation wasn't so wonky I'd probably go for Raw 2 which had fantastic body stretching abilities with tons of silly costume options, you could make some real messed up looking dudes, but that's also the last WWE game I really played and it's a million years old. Do any of the more modern games have character creators that would be good for this? Or something on the PS2 I might be overlooking?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Tons of good ones on the ps2. Here comes the pain is tops there. I made a super deformed strong bad in it back in the day easily.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
The GameCube WWE games were great for that. Not only super-deformed body sliders, but they had particle effects that you could add to characters. I had one guy with a giant Tiki mask for a head that was constantly fountaining water out of his mouth.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

2k14 was the most recent game that let you make monsters (except, presumably, the PS3/360 versions of the subsequent 2k games which are just 2k14 without story creator) and I can personally vouch for its ability to occasionally put on great CPU rumbles

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Talk about commitment; was playing Wrestling Empire, and Road Warrior Hawk challenges me to a World title match (me defending), which is fine. Next week rolls along, and he shows up again saying he’s heard I have a match against him, and offers to hurt himself for $1000. I’m curious where this is going, so I agree. The match changes into a Tag Team championship match (Hawk defending), and sure enough, he’s hobbling to the ring with 0% health. Opening move of the match, I throw my title at him, he screams in pain and drops like a sack of wet concrete. Pin, 1-2-3, new champions. Post-match report says he broke his back and has to immediately retire.

Hope that was worth the $1000!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

remembering the Fire Pro HD april fools joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

JOHN CENA posted:

remembering the Fire Pro HD april fools joke

So harsh, but all that angst metabolized and coagulated into Fire Pro World and an AKI sequel. :asoiaf: