Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

bij posted:

Actually, that owned - nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
If you equip a sword of mediocrity to set your stats to zero then reset paragon you get negative stats...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w8dLX0zC8Q

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
Anyone available to help me finish the season gift? Just need to do a GR20. Username RightAorta#1272 .

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Don’t you have to do a solo GR20?

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Russad posted:

Don’t you have to do a solo GR20?

Ah, you're right. Dammit.

Also, I can't select level 20 from the menu. Do you have to do some of them at lower levels first? It's been quite a while since I've done a season.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Left Ventricle posted:

Ah, you're right. Dammit.

Also, I can't select level 20 from the menu. Do you have to do some of them at lower levels first? It's been quite a while since I've done a season.

greater rifts will unlock if you've completed the torment equal of that level in a nephalem rift. for example, completing a nephalem rift on torment 5 would mean GR 22(I think?) would be available from the drop down. otherwise you can start at the highest one you've got unlocked and based on your clear time, would unlock 1 to 3 levels above the level you cleared

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Left Ventricle posted:

Anyone available to help me finish the season gift? Just need to do a GR20. Username RightAorta#1272 .

Well, I went from this to my first Primal in 3 days. You never forget your first. It's usually lovely.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
That set of rolls on any of like 3-4 rings would make my week. But it's an ammy. And a Vaxo at that. Congrats on the 15 souls.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Deciding that 130 (and surpassing my non-seasonal paragon) is where I'll rest, I rolled up a wizard to have fun with meteors. Then I rolled a barb because whirlwind looks fun. I have no idea why they decided on this massively long season but I'm going to run out of stuff to play with before the next one happens. :v:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Left Ventricle posted:

Well, I went from this to my first Primal in 3 days. You never forget your first. It's usually lovely.

Reroll the str to crit damage and it would be pretty decent.

I legit have found like two primals this season but like twelve of those season gift thingies

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Over 200 gifts in and I've found five pets with no wings. I don't think I've seen the extra drop since day two of the event.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Mailer posted:

Over 200 gifts in and I've found five pets with no wings. I don't think I've seen the extra drop since day two of the event.

Glad I didn't waste my time trying

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Mailer posted:

I went probably 100 gifts and got 7 pets but no wings

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
I've found about 15 gifts and got 3 pets. No wings. I still need/want to get to 1400 paragon (at 1312) so I still have an opportunity for more goodies.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Is it true that all greater rifts have the same drop rate for holiday gifts? If so, what's the fastest, most brain-dead build to blow through low gifts? I don't have a seasonal character, but I have 70s of every class on non-seasonal.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Is it true that all greater rifts have the same drop rate for holiday gifts? If so, what's the fastest, most brain-dead build to blow through low gifts? I don't have a seasonal character, but I have 70s of every class on non-seasonal.

Maximum easy? Whirlwind barb, innas monk, gears DH, lazybones necro.. take your pick.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Cold Inna's monk is the fastest clear time you'll see in NS, just start with something designed for t16 rifts and take out any gold synergies (i.e. no goldwrap on your character, no avarice band on follower etc). I think the last time I did gr90s with something like that I was averaging ~1:20 per run including town time.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
It is true that difficulty has no bearing on drop rate for gifts; from grift guardians it is 50% no matter what tier you run. I've been burning through my NS keys with a turbo chicken WD using wormwood on GR10 and my average rift time is <60 seconds with my fastest being a whopping 37 seconds. Summon the dogs for Fierce Loyalty, cast horrify/spirit walk/hex, run around until Tiklandian Visage wears off and/or explode on an elite pack, then repeat.

If you actually care about loot or want to press even fewer buttons then WW barb is very good.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Sorry for the dumb questions - at in laws and all that. But for how much longer do the gifts drop? And did we get any info on wings drop rates (didn't know if maybe Reddit figured it out)

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

xZAOx posted:

Sorry for the dumb questions - at in laws and all that. But for how much longer do the gifts drop? And did we get any info on wings drop rates (didn't know if maybe Reddit figured it out)

https://maxroll.gg/d3/resources/diablo-3-holiday-event-guide

Event lasts until Feb 5 (woohoo!), Wing drop rate is guessed at 1 in 10000 (accurate? probably)

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Thanks!

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

just got back into this havent played since 2015 maybe 2016
is there still a hardcore sa clan?

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
There is a clan (Awful) but it has like 5 active people in it lol

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

I think the last time I did gr90s with something like that I was averaging ~1:20 per run including town time.

:drat: that smokes my time. Might try putting my shenglong set on for more damage and cubing ingeom. I felt like I was flying through them but I'm closer to like the 1:50-2:00 range on average. Also my rift luck sucks.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
IG/echoing fury equipped and messerschmitt cubed will move through a rift much faster than shenlong/IG cubed as long as you're one-shotting with it. The fastest long-run result I've had on the shen setup was about 1:48 per run including town, but that was also a much higher GR than the fastest IG/EF clear.

KenBearlLOLOL fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Dec 29, 2022

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
they exist, I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

kinda still want that sword of mediocrity though...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

What stat should I reroll? I'm thinking Holy > Lightning, but I don't know if that matters...

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
A weapon's damage element only matters for one wizard passive, and for followers equipped with wyrdward

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Internet Alias posted:

A weapon's damage element only matters for one wizard passive, and for followers equipped with wyrdward

OK. I thought it might matter for COE, but good to know it doesn't.

So, Vit for Elite Damage?

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
I'd probably go area or cooldown over elite damage. Or just roll them forever till 10%/cooldown/area or cooldown/area/elite showed up.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

IG/echoing fury equipped and messerschmitt cubed will move through a rift much faster than shenlong/IG cubed as long as you're one-shotting with it. The fastest long-run result I've had on the shen setup was about 1:48 per run including town, but that was also a much higher GR than the fastest IG/EF clear.

Yeah it's the oneshotting that's the issue at 90 and I should probably just drop it to 70 or whatever where I can run over everything to get more gifts. I finally broke a week-long (or however long it has been) streak last night with a Sword of Mediocrity drop. I was beginning to think I was bugged or something.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

I'd probably go area or cooldown over elite damage. Or just roll them forever till 10%/cooldown/area or cooldown/area/elite showed up.

Does area damage worth with WW since rend is doing the damage? I didn't think it did.

E: according to maxroll it only works for self casting rend. gently caress that, I'm never stopping spinning

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
If all you want out of WW is GR 90 or lower then it doesn’t matter much, but if you want big XP and augments ya gotta push

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
If you're just running speeds, then Istvan's set isn't really worth running imo, you'd be better off with either BK for ultimate lazy or ingeom/echoing fury/ambo's for faster runs with chain charging. I assumed your Istvan was for push so you'd definitely want area there.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
e: wrong thread

Mymla fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 3, 2023

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Got my cosmic wings. Took about 100-150 holiday gifts.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I was gonna farm more GRifts for Wings, but I made a mistake...

I bought Hades.

See ya'll next Season!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Hades rules, enjoy

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I just got both Diablo 2 and 3 on the Switch because the sale was extreme. Playing D2 Resurrected, while my character name shows up on the select screen, ingame it instead uses my real life first name, including on the character sheet, in chat, etc. I assume it's because I used it for battlenet's RealID a decade ago but I didn't even know that still existed, and iirc the last time I played WoW, Overwatch, or D3 a few years ago my battlenet account used my chosen username. It's really loving weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Kheldarn posted:

I was gonna farm more GRifts for Wings, but I made a mistake...

I bought Hades.

See ya'll next Season!

Hades kicks rear end! They just announced a sequel too