Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I might as well make the jump to Damnation then.

Also, whoever decided that this global hound modifier needed to be on for 24+ hours is a loving psychopath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

How does this play on a Steam Deck ? Asking for a friend.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Phlegmish posted:

Might as well, I don't think they even damage enemies all that much, do they? They're kind of a trap

They do enough to change damage breakpoints, which is enough.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Phlegmish posted:

Might as well, I don't think they even damage enemies all that much, do they? They're kind of a trap

They often knock them on their rear end, which can be useful.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
After playing around with both the bolter and the flamer, I can see the appeal of both but I think the braced autogun suits me better, at least while leveling (level 12 at the moment, playing mostly Uprising). I prefer the quicker setup/reload time and more plentiful ammo.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Internet Explorer posted:

I might as well make the jump to Damnation then.

Also, whoever decided that this global hound modifier needed to be on for 24+ hours is a loving psychopath.

Would be cool if they gave us lights out as much as we get loving Dogworld. Also low-intensity is a bummer, I don't want less poo poo to do! High intensity owns. Those are the only 4 we have, right? And the only secondary missions are grims and scripts?

I started giving a poo poo (first mistake) about scriptures for this week's Melk quest and it's really frustrating to feel like you spent a ton of time scouring the level and only ever find one of them. Even worse when your teammates don't care about scriptures (understandable) so you have to leave areas unchecked or risk being separated from the group.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Cythereal posted:

After playing around with both the bolter and the flamer, I can see the appeal of both but I think the braced autogun suits me better, at least while leveling (level 12 at the moment, playing mostly Uprising). I prefer the quicker setup/reload time and more plentiful ammo.

Do whatever you want when leveling. Use new weapons, go crazy. Most of what we're talking about is Heresy+ at 25-30.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ready time aside, I feel like the appeal of the bolter is that you can delete elites when you need to, which is to say, instantly.

The flamer is fantastic crowed control but even your baseline pubbie can fill that role decently well. Not every rando is equipped with a gun that will flatline an elite as accurately and quickly.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I like the flamer because only the zealot can use it. Bolter is great but when I use it on my zealot I just think I would have been better off playing veteran.

Noosphere
Aug 31, 2008

[[[error]]] Damn not found.
My favorite Zealot ranged weapon is the revolver. Good damage, stopping power and accuracy. And the very fast draw has saved me several times as I could snapshot a sniper between swings.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm convinced they broke something with lights out and silently disabled it until the next big patch.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

Abhor the Mutant is driving me batty. My zealot is level 20 and I think I need to either farm it on T1/T2 or just wait until 30 with an endgame melee so I can one shot muties on T3.

So tired of charging a heavy axe attack, hitting F, and requiring TWO heavy attacks to kill it. Or my pubbie teammates deleting it with 5 seconds of it spawning.

I got it with the Eviscerator by sawing into a mutant and hitting charge right before the saw animation completed.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The Melk special options are levelled for what level you currently are when the store refreshes right? I just bought a great looking orange version of my favourite weapon and I'm level 29 so hoping the top end ones I'd see after hitting 30 wouldn't be that much better than it. I only had 50 minutes to get it so wasn't gonna hit 30 in that time.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

The quality of pubbies in Heresy has definitely gone hill sharply. I'm not going to say bots are better, because they're not, but I'm really not sure how people are ending up here without having even the slightest hint of game sense.

A friend and I jumped into heresy quick play and one of our matches was a couple pubbies with only low teens for character level. Basically had to drag them kicking and screaming to mission completion.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

mllaneza posted:

How does this play on a Steam Deck ? Asking for a friend.

It works and is playable but it's very poor fps. Like 20-30 and probably lower on harder difficulty levels. Controls and stuff work fine but you need to bind trackpad to mouse or something for the launcher. I've heard people complain about ADS lowering sensitivity because there's no way to change it but it didn't bother me.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Also they are working with IP from another company, I'm assuming Games Workshop has some kind of input? At least some kind of agreement that would include development and release timelines. Again - I have no idea and would love to understand the inside baseball of this

This is from a few pages back but I was reminded of a story. Back in the heyday of Dawn of War 2, one of the developers was a goon and would talk about his experience on the project and the way he talked, GW had informed consent on every art, voice, and music asset that went into the game. He explicitly mentioned that they had to have *multiple* meetings for the Imperial Guard expansion to get the thumbs up on the Commissar Lord saying "Drive me Closer, I want to hit them with my sword" when entering a Chimera.

Granted this was like, a decade ago, but I'd guess they still have a pretty tight leash on creative control.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Almost had On Overwatch again, on an assassination with grimoires. Very good team. Boss hit me once with melee. Please kill me.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Almost had On Overwatch again, on an assassination with grimoires. Very good team. Boss hit me once with melee. Please kill me.

I cheesed this one on the OG throneside map. In the final arena you can stand on the precipice of the entrance and stay away from mobs there.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Anti-Hero posted:

I cheesed this one on the OG throneside map. In the final arena you can stand on the precipice of the entrance and stay away from mobs there.

I saw a vet get bowled over by a mutant doing that. I didn't realize they were trying for On Overwatch, but makes sense

Edit: or possibly was standing just below the precipice

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 29, 2022

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Omnisiah: "800 plasteel? Speedload's the best I can do."

SplitSoul posted:

Beneficent emperor, guide this poor soul!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

For abhor the mutant, even if you dont have a thunderhammer just wait till you're in an area with a lot of room and lead up and shoot the mutie a few times with revolver then charge your heavy and go to town. I got it at like level 12 on a malice mission using my antac combat axe and revolver.

For the On Overwatch you can take melee damage as long as its only to your toughness so just play ultra cautiously around that. I think the best levels to do it on are ones where you aren't necessarily required to be in melee threat. Throneside Raid, Smelter, Assassination in the big train station, Repair (but stay up on top the entire time), the espionage mission.

Dont do any of the ones that require a death run at the end like auspex sweep or require your team to run around with swarming enemies like the train supply one or the gas canister one or the pneumatic tube one or the cramped assassination mission

Actually the 2 best are probablhy OG Throneside and the Consignment Yard one where you have to hold out with the trains for a bit, that ones easy as pie you stand by the exit ramp with camo on and get your taem to play around you. You have infinite sight lines to everything, can't be touched.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Almost got overwatch solo on the assassination mission to the prison that is basically a straight line from start to finish but got hit once at the very end, but got it later on throneside with a friend helping watch my back for the match.

Just go for low intensity missions and it should be a cakewalk if you play cautiously.

Both veteran and zealot are fully done with penances and 90% of them came naturally from gameplay and the other 10% I had to actually focus on for a few games, Psyker, on the other hand, still needs to solo a boss and blow up 3 elites, both of which you aren't going to get in a random game or make you a active detriment.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

APparently you can get the psyker one by blowing up as a vet with plasma gun, so I think you just need to soften up some elites with the plasma and maybe some non powersword love taps then blow up.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
I saw posted by someone on the STEAM forums that, really, the best way to find gear is look for 80%-ish on stats you want on a gun/sword and go from there. This usually results in some really good bits of kit.

This came from a vendor as a blue, i snapped it up due to the stats and it ended up being one of the most efficient weapons I've ever used.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
…why did you keep that second perk?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Anti-Hero posted:

…why did you keep that second perk?
The Infested Enemies? Thought it applied to Beasts/Mutants/Plague Ogryns. It does not.

I think the other perk was significantly worse.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Sestze posted:

The Infested Enemies? Thought it applied to Beasts/Mutants/Plague Ogryns. It does not.

I think the other perk was significantly worse.

Ah, gotcha. The perk/blessing system can be pretty drat confusing.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

It's definitely a good idea to keep an eye out on the vendor for high base rolls on blues/greens/greys. It just sucks to upgrade them and have it get a bad roll. I have a graveyard of 350+ base roll Butcher cleavers on my Ogryn and it has definitely burned a lot of mats. But it's still one of the most consistent ways.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
pox hound shows as infected in the meat grinder I think

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Grognan posted:

pox hound shows as infected in the meat grinder I think
It does, a full charge on that rifle can one-shot a pox hound on 3s, at least.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I really do think zealot is the weakest class. Ogryn is beefy, has huge stagger and crowd control/clearing ability, psyker can endlessly stun and shoot elites without ammo and is deceptively tanky with deflector force sword, zealot is... just a weaker vet in every respect

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

zealot is invincible

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Typical Pubbie posted:

They should have made the Bolter a braced weapon.

The revolver really struggles on Heresy+. It's great on Malice, though.

e: One of the downsides to the revolver that isn't immediately apparent is that it does poo poo damage to maniacs. It's bad against trappers and flamers, enemies you want to drop quickly so you can deal with the horde.

Belatedly, the Revolver still demolishes on Heresy without much issue, it's just exclusively a special sniper weapon with some offhand moments where you might use it to stagger something it wouldn't otherwise kill.

On Damnation it will still kill Snipers, Trappers, any shooter with a headshot or crit. It'll also knock hounds off allies with one shot and stagger poxbursters with a crit.

The real quality that matters to make sure a Revolver scales to dif 5 is its crit chance, and by extension making sure your crit chance is as high as possible. I believe it has the highest base crit of any ranged weapon and similarly high crit damage modifiers. That's in addition to it being instantly ready to fire on switching with it, and the often overlooked ability to reload only one bullet and fire immediately instead of having to reload an entire magazine.

It's best ability though is the cool spin you do with it when you pull it out, and the fact that when you reload your character puts their thumb over the unused bullets and only dumps out the ones that need to be reloaded.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

terrorist ambulance posted:

I really do think zealot is the weakest class. Ogryn is beefy, has huge stagger and crowd control/clearing ability, psyker can endlessly stun and shoot elites without ammo and is deceptively tanky with deflector force sword, zealot is... just a weaker vet in every respect

IMHO the Sharpshooter shouldn't be playing like a Zealot and the Zealot shouldn't be playing like a Sharpshooter. They can. They just shouldn't. Their feats just don't lend well towards those combat styles and they both end up weaker when they deviate too much as a result.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Most of my last man standing -> clutch comeback moments have been with Zealot; not even Ogryns can pull it off constantly due to their massive hitboxes, especially on high diffs.

Typical Pubbie posted:

e: One of the downsides to the revolver that isn't immediately apparent is that it does poo poo damage to maniacs. It's bad against trappers and flamers, enemies you want to drop quickly so you can deal with the horde.

Yeah this is why I don't use revolvers much, in general I want my ranged weapons to be able to handle maniacs well if my melee can't. For this reason, I'm disappointed at how badly shotguns scale into lategame as well.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Damnation Zealot guide, using the knife and shotgun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T2qwwMD1fM
Shotgun isn't for killing, just staggering.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
As a Zealot, their grenades and durability allow them to rescue runs that have gone bad, with multiple downed people, very easily compared to other classes.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Jerkface posted:

zealot is invincible

Yeah you get a 90 second invincibility and you can recharge your toughness at will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Ok what the hell are the conditions to get monsters to spawn? I wanted to knock out the special currency bullshit and they just wouldn't spawn on over a dozen+ games