Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DMorbid posted:

I watched a bunch of Rifftrax stuff on Youtube, and now the Ice Cream Bunny's ghastly visage apparently haunts my Youtube recommendations forever. He's always there in the sidebar, and he's there every time I finish a video. I can almost hear the demented laughter.

It's here that if this was in October somebody would go "But DMorbid, they took Santa Claus and the Ice Cream Bunny off of YouTube months ago!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
I let Mr Boods chose the second of my giftcard riffs, and he went with Wonder Woman 84, knowing a riff was the only way he'd get me to watch it. To be fair, it was a cracking riff from Bridget and Mary Jo.

I'd like to get my own back with the Wicker Man riff, but the version of WM we recently watched on Amazon Prime was missing the bees scene...how is that even :psyduck:

Christmas Day I watched Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny off Youtube; the heeeeh heeeh heeeeeeeeeh laughter is right up there with nearly killing me along with the eating/gastric noises in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Ms Boods posted:

I'd like to get my own back with the Wicker Man riff, but the version of WM we recently watched on Amazon Prime was missing the bees scene...how is that even :psyduck:
Someone took "NOT THE BEES" a bit too literally, I guess.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ms Boods posted:

Did you watch the unrated, or the PG-13 version? I think that scene is only in the unrated cut.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Dienes posted:

Did you watch the unrated, or the PG-13 version? I think that scene is only in the unrated cut.

It's poss what we saw was the PG13 one, if that's what's on Amazon (UK) Prime -- a huge disappointment, as I'd seen it and was telling him he'd love it (he's a proper Nick Cage fan), and he knew it only by reputation.

However, having discovered the riffed version is the unrated, we've got hold of the unrated version. Yay! That's tonight's festive viewing sorted.

DMorbid posted:

Someone took "NOT THE BEES" a bit too literally, I guess.

Maybe they thought it was a shark or something.

ETA -- Argghhhh...the 'unrated' version we found was also lacking the bees...in fact, for the last 10 minutes or so, the riffs were obviously for a different version, as this version had the 'alternative ending.' Mr Boods thought maybe I was having a Mandela Effect moment til I found 'that scene' on YouTube.

Still marvelling at how well the app synchs, though; we were wildly off initially, and at one point, one of the riffs repeated to synch instantly with the film. Neat!

Ms Boods fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Dec 30, 2022

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
DUNC

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

In the Order of the Phoenix riff, I think it's Bill who, in response to Dudley saying "At least I'm not afraid of my pillow!", says "That is until it says "THAT'S RIGHT, REGGIE!""

What is that a reference to?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

NikkolasKing posted:

In the Order of the Phoenix riff, I think it's Bill who, in response to Dudley saying "At least I'm not afraid of my pillow!", says "That is until it says "THAT'S RIGHT, REGGIE!""

What is that a reference to?

It's from the short Beginning Responsibility: Taking Care of Your Own Things. The pillow talks to Reggie, our main character of said short.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Yeah I assume if a riff goes over my head it's a reference to a movie/short they've done that I haven't seen yet. Which isn't many!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
We're just going to ignore this?

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
Was the Starship Troopers riff ever officially released?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

AvesPKS posted:

Was the Starship Troopers riff ever officially released?

I own it!

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Aw gently caress I wish somebody had told me this when I was asking for blockbuster riffs and had the coupon.

Love that movie. I wanna see it ripped to shreds.

EDIT:
They also did the original MK movie. gently caress, so many good choices.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 4, 2023

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

My fault, I meant the live version. Sorry!

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

Aw gently caress I wish somebody had told me this when I was asking for blockbuster riffs and had the coupon.

Love that movie. I wanna see it ripped to shreds.

I personally like the Transformers series. 2 was written during a writers strike and is particularly nonsensical, and so is perfect for riffing.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

AvesPKS posted:

I personally like the Transformers series. 2 was written during a writers strike and is particularly nonsensical, and so is perfect for riffing.

I saw that in theaters but don't really remember anything about it. But if the riff is good, I'll check it out, thanks.

Also Mike is now the second guy who has insulted Christopher Lambert as Rayden. The first time I had a clue anybody didn't care for him, it was James from Dead Meat and I thought he was all alone. How can anybody disparage Lambert's awesome "gargles with glass" voice?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

AvesPKS posted:

Do they riff the one with the 'Romeo and Juliet' law scene?

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

I saw that in theaters but don't really remember anything about it. But if the riff is good, I'll check it out, thanks.

Also Mike is now the second guy who has insulted Christopher Lambert as Rayden. The first time I had a clue anybody didn't care for him, it was James from Dead Meat and I thought he was all alone. How can anybody disparage Lambert's awesome "gargles with glass" voice?

The Riff is a bit problematic in that it's turbocharged with homophobic slurs; there's a "gay" pejorative like once every five minutes. Mike felt the need to call the word "hatchlings" "gay," for instance. It came out in 2011. But that movie also has John Turturro saying the line "I am directly beneath the enemy scrotum," so, you know. But transformers 3 is just as funny if you want to skip 2.

Also Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter make a great viewing pair.

Dawgstar posted:

Do they riff the one with the 'Romeo and Juliet' law scene?

I don't think so. But the Pitch Meeting video for the movie covers that part pretty thoroughly.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

AvesPKS posted:

The Riff is a bit problematic in that it's turbocharged with homophobic slurs; there's a "gay" pejorative like once every five minutes.

I wonder if they fixed their Matrix riffs... The jokes were so ugly I'm yet to revisit them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I used my ten bucks and went through my library only to realize I bought I Believe in Santa Claus at some point and never watched it.

Which is baffling because that is one baffling movie.

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

ringu0 posted:

I wonder if they fixed their Matrix riffs... The jokes were so ugly I'm yet to revisit them.
IIRC Bill Corbett mentioned on Twitter that they had gone back and fixed those (and of course some chud in the replies was furious about the RiffTrax guys learning and growing as human beings), but I haven't checked myself.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

NikkolasKing posted:

The latest MK game lets you download skins of movie versions of Raiden, Johnny Cage, and Sonya with the movie actors re-recording all the characters' pre-fight dialogue. Lambert sounds ROUGH these days.

MassRafTer posted:

I used my ten bucks and went through my library only to realize I bought I Believe in Santa Claus at some point and never watched it.

Which is baffling because that is one baffling movie.

"Baffling" is the best description of that movie.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
🎅 “Where in Africa?”

👦 “Just Africa!”

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The amazing Bridget and MJ short 'My Mom Was Never A Kid' is free on YouTube and if you've never seen it, you should: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIv9MEjXIQk

"Hey, Bridget, for Mother's Day I got you an After School Special even though you're not my mother!"
"Oh my gosh thank you!"
"Even though people usually think that."

:allears:

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
I love their stuff so much. They have such a fantastic chemistry together.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
The majority of my RiffTrax library is Bridget and Mary Jo riffs and I wouldn't have it any other way. :allears:

Their riff of Angels Revenge is better than the MST3K version. :colbert:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

SilentChaz posted:

Their riff of Angels Revenge is better than the MST3K version. :colbert:

Totally agree. Mary Jo getting really intense about Shine Your Love slays me.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1611448894528929794

Which you may know as "Yes, Madam", which you may also know from this stunt sequence that goes around twitter every once in a while

https://twitter.com/TimesSqKungFu/status/1582123450331602946

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Clouseau posted:

I love their stuff so much. They have such a fantastic chemistry together.

What's their best feature length non-Angels Revenge riff?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh boy, that action movie looks to be entertaining.
And here's me with a twenty movie backlog... :shrug:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

MassRafTer posted:

I like Rescue Me (bc it's a terrible movie) and they do a few serialized "Teenagers" movies from the late 40s/early 50s that are on the Rifftrax twitch channel all the time that i love but might be an acquired taste. e: I think they're called Prom and Freddie Steps Out

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 6, 2023

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
My wife and I love their Mary Higgens Clark riffs. He Sees You When You're Sleeping and A Crime of Passion are favorites. Pick whichever synopsis sounds more interesting to you. There's no continuity.

I also really like their Sherlock Holmes ones. I'm a sucker for old black and white poo poo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

I like Rescue Me (bc it's a terrible movie) and they do a few serialized "Teenagers" movies from the late 40s/early 50s that are on the Rifftrax twitch channel all the time that i love but might be an acquired taste. e: I think they're called Prom and Freddie Steps Out

I vote Rescue Me as well. Just the opening bit where they cut back and forth with Stephen Dorff and daughter of The Monkees' Mickey Dolenz Ami is a riot. The whole riff writing team is all women too, which is neat.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

MassRafTer posted:

I don't know about feature length, but I love all of their shorts they've done, especially the completely insane Wonderful World of Tupperware one which takes a truly bizarre left turn.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

MassRafTer posted:

There is a whole series of films that Bridget and Mary Jo riff that are kids in high school. Only everyone in the film is at least 30.

The shorts are great, the home of the future (starring Wink Martindale!!) is a fav of mine.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jet Jaguar posted:

There is a whole series of films that Bridget and Mary Jo riff that are kids in high school. Only everyone in the film is at least 30.

The shorts are great, the home of the future (starring Wink Martindale!!) is a fav of mine.

The High School stuff really is that kind of odd dopey earnest one might find comfort in, not unlike, say, I Accuse My Parents but that would be considered 'gritty' next to the HS series.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Teen Agers movies are fascinating, I don't know if they actually appealed to teenagers in the 40s but it's wild to think about.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ixnay posted:

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1611448894528929794

Which you may know as "Yes, Madam", which you may also know from this stunt sequence that goes around twitter every once in a while

https://twitter.com/TimesSqKungFu/status/1582123450331602946

I apologize for asking for recommendations in bad faith but I had to buy this right away after reading the description. I will buy an old teenagers movie next.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lumbermouth posted:

The Teen Agers movies are fascinating, I don't know if they actually appealed to teenagers in the 40s but it's wild to think about.

The goofiest thing about those movies is how bad the continuity is for something so simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Line of Duty II is a good watch. Despite having two rear end-kicking women as the leads and some really great action sequences, the two of them don't really get all that much personality or even screentime. Most of the movie is focused on the comic relief characters, culminating in a completely WTF final moment.