Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/LakersDailyCom/status/1608306924184895488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Still in disbelief that he chose LA over Philly years ago and then proceeded to blow up the team for a guy who is always injured and then blow it up even more for Westbrick

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

if he'd be willing to take a lesser role coming off the bench, i wouldnt mind the celtics trading noah vonleh and justin jackson for him.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
he won a (lemickey) ring so it worked out for him tbf

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Vox Nihili posted:

Warriors clinging to .500 with Wiggins and Curry out. Wiggs apparently was ready to come back from his injury then got sick on top of that. And they're still sitting Klay on B2B games even when he's running hot, which is rare enough to start with these days.

Please get well soon Steph, these four-minute scoring droughts are bad for my health.
nah gently caress that city and all the people at the games :)

Yossarian-22 posted:

Still in disbelief that he chose LA over Philly years ago and then proceeded to blow up the team for a guy who is always injured and then blow it up even more for Westbrick
it worked tho?! cannot comprehend a something awful forums user second-guessing lebron’s success

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Dec 29, 2022

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fart simpson posted:

if he'd be willing to take a lesser role coming off the bench, i wouldnt mind the celtics trading noah vonleh and justin jackson for him.

Remember when Shaq joined the Celtics lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

loquacius posted:

Remember when Shaq joined the Celtics lol

yeah i loved it. when i was a kid i was a fan of both the celtics and shaq so i thought it owned

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2LRDO4jiBo

I remember this being the first play of the season lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

TenementFunster posted:

nah gently caress that city and all the people at the games :)

it worked tho?! cannot comprehend a something awful forums user second-guessing lebron’s success

AD both did and didn't work. schrodinger's lakers

westbrook move was one of the worst gm decisions of all time second only to harden demanding that houston trade cp3 for him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Westbrook was not completely done on Houston . but yeah it was a dumb move. he was even pretty good on Washington iirc

I mean compared to now

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Yeah insane that the Lakers gave up Kuzma and KCP for him and they are both vastly better by themselves than he is

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pelinka should not have a job yeah

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

AD both did and didn't work. schrodinger's lakers

westbrook move was one of the worst gm decisions of all time second only to harden demanding that houston trade cp3 for him

So unbelievably dumb seeing as the Lakers were less than a year removed from winning it all (bubble or no) with Kuz and KCP as their #3/4 options. It was a team that could've been built around defense, but they shot like poo poo when getting knocked out by the suns so it was time to trade for... A guy who just shot 44% in the regular season and 33% in a playoff loss?

The Lakers immediately went from top 3-5 defense in the league to one of the worst defenses in the league, but I guess they scored a few more points lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

Pelinka should not have a job yeah

lmao that Pelinka is actually the GM, he has the title but he exists to facilitate what LeBron wants. there's no way that bringing in Westbrook wasn't 100% LeBron demanding it

though if you're gonna fault Pelinka for anything, fault him for the just atrocious way he filled out the rest of the lineup. that might legit be the worst bench in the league

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

he won a (lemickey) ring so it worked out for him tbf

I’ve been told multiple times by Lakers fans that it’s totally the same as a real championship

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
The Bubble ruled and all playoff games should be played in a bubble

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Actually it was harder than a normal championship what those guys had to go through "over there" and it should count as 2 or at least 1.5 rings :smug:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
wait are some people mad about the bubble still?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Azathoth posted:

lmao that Pelinka is actually the GM, he has the title but he exists to facilitate what LeBron wants. there's no way that bringing in Westbrook wasn't 100% LeBron demanding it

though if you're gonna fault Pelinka for anything, fault him for the just atrocious way he filled out the rest of the lineup. that might legit be the worst bench in the league

It's Pelinka's job to manage LeBron's demands. Star players are known to demand stupid poo poo that would hurt the team, Pelinka isn't supposed to just be LeBron's thrall.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

It's Pelinka's job to manage LeBron's demands. Star players are known to demand stupid poo poo that would hurt the team, Pelinka isn't supposed to just be LeBron's thrall.

I would bet actual, factual, literal money that Jeanie Buss gave LeBron guarantees that whatever he wants to happen will happen and that Pelinka has been given his marching orders directly by Buss. I'm sure he's got separate orders to try to talk LeBron out of stupid poo poo but there's no way he signed there without getting that guarantee.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lebron should retire

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

he’s not going to get another ring

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
nah lebron has gotta get at least one season with his kid. it’s too nice to not happen :)

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

TenementFunster posted:

nah lebron has gotta get at least one season with his kid. it’s too nice to not happen :)

In the g league

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
what is this Skip Bayless tier bullshit about the bubble lmao. that was some of the best basketball we’ll see in our lives and I hate the lakers with a passion.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

OPAONI posted:

In the g league

bronny is gonna get a late first round pick and make several undeserved million dollars before they inevitably don't pick up his option because someone's gonna blow a draft pick to rent bronny's dad for a season

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

kingcobweb posted:

what is this Skip Bayless tier bullshit about the bubble lmao. that was some of the best basketball we’ll see in our lives and I hate the lakers with a passion.
Agreed

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

there should be more brawls in the nba

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

Yeah there were some insane playoff series that year

It's too bad the Lakers won and unfortunately I don't have the right kind of brain damage to convince myself that they didn't but the games were still overall awesome

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

It could happen but he's finally actually getting old and Bronny probably won't be much good so it would likely just be a novelty thing

I'd like to see it happen anyway

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

kingcobweb posted:

The point is that because of myriad reasons it shouldn’t be treated like a regular ring. poo poo like arena atmosphere matters. Having months off to recover matters. IDC how high the quality of play was, but it was just a totally different thing. I understand why you can’t market it that way, but it’s not the same imo.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

put this years Jazz in the bubble and they would have had a chip. They started like 9-2 right?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
[shannon sharpe shaking his head trying to get a word in]

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

put this years Jazz in the bubble and they would have had a chip. They started like 9-2 right?

Are you forgetting that 60+ games were played before the bubble started? The Suns won every single bubble game but still missed the playoffs. The Lakers were even in first before the bubble started. And despite all the rest for the perennially injured duo Kawhi and PG3 still choked

I think it was an interesting experiment to see how NBA teams would do with so much rest. The amount of double-headers these days is absurd when the pace of the game has gone up so much and COVID/RSV/flu are constantly knocking players out. The NBA needs to shorten their schedule and allow teams more flexibility if nothing else

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I was just remembering the incredible Jazz-Nuggets series and I feel like players who thrive off sudden bursts of energy benefited immensely from the rest, hence why Jamal Murray and Donovan Mitchell went off for like 45-50+ points almost every game. We need that kind of basketball back and less jacking up threes (ofc both players shot plenty of those too)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

This comparison is nonsense, the entire playoffs still happened and a rock solid LeBron-led team won the chip (and was subsequently destroyed by ruinous mismanagement, but they were absolutely legit that year). It's not like some random team ended up dominating. This year's Jazz would have been out by the second round.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://streamable.com/xv64lz

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

two guys one flop

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I can’t believe buddy heild defeated the cavs… something must be wrong!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I can’t believe buddy heild defeated the cavs… something must be wrong!!

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1608627558815518720