Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
I'll keep saying this to my grave. gently caress Deathgaze Hollow, forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
We should be allowed to Vanish + X-Zone Deathgaze.

Sure, we don't get the magicite after but like, we're just trying to clear a roulette here.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

it's very easy once you know what to do

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Deathgaze rules. The only duty that gives me similar feelings of joy is Shinryu, watching literally everyone get swept off the arena by Tidal Wave 10 seconds into the fight.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Steelion posted:

The real prize in Dun Scaith is when the boss dies just as the knockback goes off, so the ice crystals despawn before they have a chance to stop anyone, then you can get a full 24-man wipe while still clearing the boss.

The REAL real price is this, but you are the one person who used Surecast.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

SettingSun posted:

Deathgaze rules. The only duty that gives me similar feelings of joy is Shinryu, watching literally everyone get swept off the arena by Tidal Wave 10 seconds into the fight.

One time, I started the fight warning sprouts to run towards the wave and someone tried jumping into it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

One time, I started the fight warning sprouts to run towards the wave and someone tried jumping into it.

One of my guildies died to Bismark that way. "I can't target anything, how do we start the fight?" "Go up and say hi." *walks off edge*

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Tamba posted:

The REAL real price is this, but you are the one person who used Surecast.

Any time I get a roulette into content where there's knockback instant kills I always try to bait people into running the wrong way and then using Arm's Length/Surecast to see who tries to follow the leader.

I look forward to Sophia Unreal.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Man, frontlines really sucks with the recent pvp changes. They should bring back 8 man queuing, or do something to fix it, because the 3-way nature of it pretty much guarantees that you lose more than you win.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm pretty confident a decent 4 man could sustain a frontlines win rate above 50%. I've been duo queueing it with my friend for ~400 games and we hover around 45%

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Man, frontlines really sucks with the recent pvp changes. They should bring back 8 man queuing, or do something to fix it, because the 3-way nature of it pretty much guarantees that you lose more than you win.

...that's how statistics works, yes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah no poo poo. Doesn't make it suck any less though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

But 8-man queueing wouldn't change that because the other teams would be doing it as well.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I didn't play when they had it, but I just feel like queueing with 8 would be horrible. 4 is a pretty obscene advantage already

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just do whatever makes the frontline matches go faster

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just do whatever makes the frontline matches go faster

Delete everything that isn't Onsal Hakair, got it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fister Roboto posted:

Even with 8 man queue you'd still average out to 33% win rate over the long term.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm pretty confident a decent 4 man could sustain a frontlines win rate above 50%. I've been duo queueing it with my friend for ~400 games and we hover around 45%
Yeah >50% seems doable to me. I got partied with a premade group last week that definitely carried a whole Onsal team to victory:

I'm very sure the Famfrit Dark Knights and the Astro were together, maybe the Samurai too. Nafairia had a "I'm going in <se.1>" type of macro so I saved my Apex Arrows to fire into whatever crowd they went into. I think that game only went for 9 minutes because we steamrolled to any node we wanted.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

My friend who I queue with tryhards quite a bit with macros/target marking/shotcalling. I'm pretty mediocre at PVP but I closely follow his lead and we coordinate our ults to secure kills (we both play DRG). That alone gets to 45%, with a pretty significant amount of evidence behind it. Add in two more people to distribute the responsibilities over and two more synergistic ults to turn fights and yeah, I feel like it's almost for sure you'd go over 50

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Consistently focusing targets and not splitting up would definitely up your winrate in Frontlines for sure. Most people are absolutely just in it for their rewards and I don't think there's any skill-based matchmaking. Unfortunately, no matter how hard you increase your winrate, you are still palying Frontlines.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Funky Valentine posted:

Delete everything that isn't Onsal Hakair, got it.

How did you misspell Borderland Ruins like that?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Nothing but Seal Rock, maybe someday I can finish the set

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

How did you misspell Borderland Ruins like that?

This might be the worst PvP take I've ever seen

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Bruceski posted:

Nothing but Seal Rock, maybe someday I can finish the set

Statistically speaking, if you keep doing Seal Rock then eventually you'll start on west often enough to get 100 wins.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's tough because in addition to taking way too long and being generally kinda broken, borderland ruins also doesn't have any rewards unique to it. But not being forced to do it for prizes makes me weirdly more favorably disposed towards it. Seal rock is objectively less loathsome, but familiarity breeds contempt of its flaws ie the egregiously unbalanced map positions

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Chillgamesh posted:

This might be the worst PvP take I've ever seen

BR sucks because almost every match goes the full 20 minutes

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I think you could rise above 33% by having people coordinate a specific set of ults/abilities. Namely you want something like DRK pull-in, double DRG ult where they pre-buff before and to get impossibly spicy somebody who can AST ult + macro in on that. Probably be easier to try SCH(shield your DRGs, DoT the crowd) or GNB ult or something, but it doesn't take many spikes to push things over the edge. Most pubs have absolutely no defense against coordinated ults.

BR is great if you pvp as MNK. "I don't want to learn to rush the enemy stairs/I get focused and gibbed when I try it." Guard your stairs and intercept the other monks. :twisted: I've just been the fun police for this entire tome event, even when my team loses I extract raw misery from a few other people. I think of all the "I win" kits I've tried MNK has to be the FL farmingest cruelest.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Regalingualius posted:

BR sucks because almost every match goes the full 20 minutes

They said everything but the nadaam maps sucks

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Pyro Jack posted:

I'll keep saying this to my grave. gently caress Deathgaze Hollow, forever.

Just Surecast/Arm's Length.

I make it a point to never every stand in line with the ice blocks. Gets people every time.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I really should start using arms length in that fight, just so I can just laugh through mechanics.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

they give me knockback resists, I'm going to use them

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Three CC matches in a row with the same white mage on the other team. For the first two my team was basically uncoordinated and refused to focus fire despite markers and callouts, so we got trashed handily. I tried on multiple occasions take out the white mage in hopes that the loss of healing would let my team turn things around, only to get counter-marked and focused to death myself. He actually knew what he was doing and didn't die at all in either match.

The third match though, the opposing team was the whm, a dancer, and 3 tanks. My team that time was actually coordinating, and also didn't realistically have a good alpha target *other* than the enemy healer. Dude definitely recognized me charging at him by then, but it didn't matter because he couldn't stay alive more than 5 seconds the entire match. I kinda felt bad for him at that point.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
The right place to use knockback - well, draw-in - resist in that fight isn't the blizzards, it's Void Death. Just stand there casting as everyone else is tugged around.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

jalapeno_dude posted:

The right place to use knockback - well, draw-in - resist in that fight isn't the blizzards, it's Void Death. Just stand there casting as everyone else is tugged around.

A well-timed gap closer can deal with the Blizzard-Aero combo. I'll probably attempt a DRG backflip on it before the mogtome event ends.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Okay, gently caress this.

(one Praetorium later) Okay, gently caress this.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dareon posted:

Okay, gently caress this.

(one Praetorium later) Okay, gently caress this.

You can do it! Believe in yourself! Use the power of mental thinking!

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

It's only hard the first dozen or so times. Also, the weather is great up here right now.

It's a great way to kill time while waiting for roulettes.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I only queue into frontlines when I'm in the zen state of not caring if my team wins but just want to progress the battlepass. The overall win rate tends to work out after that, but I try not to pay mind to the achievements because I know I'll round them up eventually.

also it has to not be secure

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I did a lot of frontlines when I was levelling every job. I always skipped Secure days though. It might be the least fun mode, but it makes up for it by taking the longest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

they should bring back slaughter for one patch