Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

JethroMcB posted:

The first Batmin is so-so but the second is an absolute home run with an audio drop gag that's so good, they should have ended the episode early (Referencing the Richard Gere urban legend and IMMEDIATELY hitting a cut-off version of the Batman '66 scene transition sting.)

Alfred is just crushing it on Batmin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm relieved to hear that Batmin gets good, the first one really didn't do it for me at all.

Also on the subject of CBB presents, I honestly had forgotten that the whole "you are going to jail" thing from entree p. neur's show only came up because a siren went off in the background of the first episode until they mentioned it on one of the best ofs. Feels like such a part of the show now

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 29, 2022

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

SpacePig posted:

I think a big key to PFT is that he seems to focus on making sure the people he's performing with are having fun rather than fighting them for laughs.

Going by how much you hear him laughing in the background, it’s definitely just all about having a good time

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Gil sweeps best ofs. :,)

Sad that Gil's not gonna be on the first ep of next year.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 29, 2022

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
PFT have a shout out to bigsofttitty.png which is a really great show. The hosts are absolutely insane and funny

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Consummate Professional posted:

PFT have a shout out to bigsofttitty.png which is a really great show. The hosts are absolutely insane and funny

Him being a guest a little bit later was great because he was worried he was going to ruin the vibe. But they were both so excited to tell him just the stupidest poo poo. Like with many podcasts, his appearance is one of the best episodes of the show.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SpacePig posted:

Him being a guest a little bit later was great because he was worried he was going to ruin the vibe. But they were both so excited to tell him just the stupidest poo poo. Like with many podcasts, his appearance is one of the best episodes of the show.

I parsed this completely backwards and thought that tom walker somehow got himself onto the CBB best of episode, but the actual meaning makes much more sense (and they wouldn't have done demi dirty like that anyway)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Oh, yeah. I was thinking about the time PFT shouted them out on Stay F Homekins and then was on later, and didn't make that clear.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Gil was really the MVP of 2022 but my favorite was The Busiest Man in the World, which was all the way down at Number Six. Just a masterclass in pacing and nonsense.

I'd forgotten how good the setup for Gabriel Sardinas' voice memos was. Everyone else fighting against it and talking over each other, refusing to let the bit start. And as soon as he gets the first memo playing, they're all just completely in it. That voice is just too drat good.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I feel like the Gabriel Sardinas voice has to be based on the Colonel Kurtz recordings from Apocalypse Now.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I wonder if the CBB presents sparkalonius was canon, or if there are still more stories in the sivioverse to tell

It is very smart of Gil to come up with an idea that can’t be derailed once it starts, the episode that had both him and will Hines on it was interesting to compare their two approaches.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

This isn’t a complaint but it seems like Gil is cheating a little bit by relying so much on prerecorded/scripted stuff. I don’t care though because it’s funny.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The blend of prepared material and improv has always been the best CBB stuff. I miss the only country band I legit care about.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mons Hubris posted:

This isn’t a complaint but it seems like Gil is cheating a little bit by relying so much on prerecorded/scripted stuff. I don’t care though because it’s funny.

Yeah his stuff works without relying on anyone else to actually respond to or interact with it, but as long as it actually does work (and it does) I don't mind it either. I mean ibrain was a completely scripted thing and we all remember it 15 years later or however long it's been, there's room for that kind of thing on the show for sure.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

EL BROMANCE posted:

The blend of prepared material and improv has always been the best CBB stuff. I miss the only country band I legit care about.

Also my favorite Cuban lounge singer and podcast host.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I love the jack fm bumpers from the last episode before covid too. Written bits tend to be my favorites.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Beep honk was also pre-written, and not even pre-written by the guys who performed it!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
iBrain, the single greatest moment in CBB history too.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The funniest bit of all time (Victor and Tiny's podcast) was pre-recorded, so I don't mind.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

mennoknight posted:

It was enough to make the Pope want to gently caress.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

LesterGroans posted:

The funniest bit of all time (Victor and Tiny's podcast) was pre-recorded, so I don't mind.

when the buzz came backi think i had maybe one of the top 10 biggest laughs of my life

and i obviously knew it was coming, but it was so satisfying when it did

in case anyone here is lucky enough to be hearing this for the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8DWUq1AXmk

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 30, 2022

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Ainsley McTree posted:

when the buzz came backi think i had maybe one of the top 10 biggest laughs of my life

I think I almost passed out.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
also the song about eating an apple, featuring the sound of someone eating an apple extremely loudly

can't remove it, it's baked in

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Are Victor and Tiny seen as problematic these days? I imagine that's why they havent come back and that sucks.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Genuinely can't tell if it was a bit that Memphis Kansas Breeze, iBrain, and Victor were mentioned in the exact same order in those 6 posts, but either way it's incredibly funny to me.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

mennoknight posted:

If any podcast / thread latecomers missed this, please give yourself the gift of listening to it.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Just Chamber posted:

Are Victor and Tiny seen as problematic these days? I imagine that's why they havent come back and that sucks.

nothing problematic here

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Brock Samson posted:

nothing problematic here

Gil has a Golly doll

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Brock Samson posted:

nothing problematic here

He has Adult Freckles. It's a serious condition.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The behind the scenes scoop of Gil's CBB Presents is very funny. Just sending Scott an episode fully formed.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Even knowing it was coming, "I found another little bone in my doodie" hit me hard, it has a real cellar door quality to it

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Mons Hubris posted:

Three episodes this year, the last slot in each of them, and he still pushes those episodes into the top 6 based on his performance alone. Not to say that there weren't other funny things in those episodes, but boy did he nail it. As Scott said, he 'understood the assignment.'

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I was laughing again at the "i don't want to hear those voicemails" riff. Gil's unstoppable once he gets going but they do what they can to derail him, I respect it

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The rapid evolution of the Heimlich character was definitely something.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mr. Squishy posted:

The behind the scenes scoop of Gil's CBB Presents is very funny. Just sending Scott an episode fully formed.

Yeah I couldn't decide which was funnier, Ben completely ignoring Gil's "btw tell Scott I'll need to plug into the sound system" message or replying to "Do you want to do a CBB Presents episode?" with a fully recorded and mastered audio file.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I wonder how long it took him to make that CBB presents, it was a trip

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

From the CBB facebook page:

quote:

In case your resolution was to watch more Comedy Bang! Bang! with ads this year…
Check out YouTube (in the United States, sorry everywhere else!) https://youtube.com/playlist?list=EL_UuE41TGVMn-xJbRl_LUUw

I can't actually check now because I'm not in the US, but they just put every episode on Youtube?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

GoutPatrol posted:

From the CBB facebook page:

I can't actually check now because I'm not in the US, but they just put every episode on Youtube?

Not in the US either, but just slapped on a VPN, and yowzers, it’s glorious. I have YT premium, so it appears to be ad-free for me, too. Oh happy days!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Yeah with free CBB it might just be on constant rotation for me. Plus I also have YT Premium so it’s ad-free. Oh glorious day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
hell yes, thank you