Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Oddhair posted:

Some states discourage people from ramming game animals by prohibiting the one who hits the animal from harvesting at all, so only someone else can harvest it.

I had an uncle in northern Maine who would stay glued to his police scanner waiting for deer hit reports. One time we had to convince him not to go after one they cleared off the road with a snow shovel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Vlaphor posted:

Attach everything together first and it's much easier to weld.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rnide5gTFP1w5pr9j.mp4

*Lou Bega voice* ladies and gentlemen, this is CHERAMIC BOTRUC number 39

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

CzarChasm posted:

What even was the point of this experiment? Is operating a helicopter indoors a bad idea?

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 told me it would just punch a hole in the roof!

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I distinctly remember taking a driving classb as a teenager and the rules of dibs on roadkill deer was among laws covered.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Glagha posted:

I distinctly remember taking a driving classb as a teenager and the rules of dibs on roadkill deer was among laws covered.

See, that’s why I keep a chainsaw and propane grill in my trunk. Hard to take it away from the man grilling it on the side of the road!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Touching this machine will kill you, and it will hurt the whole time I am killing you. -Daryn H

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

JossiRossi posted:

Touching this machine will kill you, and it will hurt the whole time I am killing you. -Daryn H

A CNC milling center big enough to walk into doesn't need Daryn's help

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

*Lou Bega voice* ladies and gentlemen, this is CHERAMIC BOTRUC number 39

lol

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Uthor posted:

Can god make a big enough tow truck to tow a tow truck?

there's cranes that can climb big stepped structures in duos by lifting and leapfrogging each other up

iirc GM or someone made a 5x recursion towtruck stack (just for show, not functional) in like, the 60s, it sat like 4 stories tall

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/byrgBfz.mp4

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Dolphins loving love to play in the wake of big ships. Whales you have to avoid because they’re dumb and will just get hit.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

The Lone Badger posted:

Don't the organs rupture and contaminate everything?

less likely with modern vehicle frontends made to deflect and not annihilate all organic matter. deer will very rarely pass under the wheels and usually go over the car, so as long as it doesn't get directly impacted in the stomach and liver there's a good chance it'll be intact. a lot of times they'll take a beefy hit but dissipate energy crunching up bodywork and be anywhere between limping-and-dead-soon to apparently totally loving fine

note: i am not a roadkill harvester, i have known a couple, both lived down by green river. yes, That green river.

ps it's a weird place, stay away if you're not going to the gokart track, which is A+

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I've eaten a bunch of roadkilled deer, dispatched one that got hit pretty bad and helped a guy who heard about it on a scanner load it up before the cops came, and helped other people clean and salvage roadkilled deer. If you're familiar with their anatomy you can tell pretty quickly what's good to eat and what's not. It's a good idea to let a wildlife LEO know about it and get permission or a permit if necessary, but depending on where you are it's probably more ethical to just take what meat you can and be on your way.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

CzarChasm posted:

What even was the point of this experiment? Is operating a helicopter indoors a bad idea?

For many people it simply isn't enough to have people assume they are devoid of intelligence, they must continually prove it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

For many people it simply isn't enough to have people assume they are devoid of intelligence, they must continually prove it.

Don't knock it, it's how this site has stayed around for so long

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Oddhair posted:

Some states discourage people from ramming game animals by prohibiting the one who hits the animal from harvesting at all, so only someone else can harvest it.

I mean I get that but on principle he should have asked me if he could have it. Or if I was ok. It was also fun trying to explain to the cop who wrote the report for insurance what happened because my car was just covered in blood and there was nothing there. Luckily there was a ton of fur on my car as well so it was pretty obvious I didn't splat a human somewhere and then drive there

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

https://i.imgur.com/a5vUnD6.mp4

I'm not a certified welder but maybe like tie the parts together first to hold them steady?

he's doing a little electrified fencing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
He's sawing off the top of that pipe, it'll bite in any minute now

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

CzarChasm posted:

There's a dummy of some form in the pilot's seat. I'm guessing the plan was for it to take off and hover in place dramatically, perhaps before being flown out the open hangar door. Was there a remote control system somehow?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

FirstnameLastname posted:

less likely with modern vehicle frontends made to deflect and not annihilate all organic matter.

my dude have you seen a dealership in the United States in the past decade every truck and SUV grille now is a vertical wall of steel up to your armpits

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I had an uncle in northern Maine who would stay glued to his police scanner waiting for deer hit reports. One time we had to convince him not to go after one they cleared off the road with a snow shovel.

In Alaska the troopers keep a list of folks who sign up willing to come pick up dead moose. Every time a moose gets hit they just call down the list until someone shows up to cart the moose away. Or you can send a tow truck to deliver the moose to your garage.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/3TAh8k7.mp4

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

BigHead posted:

In Alaska the troopers keep a list of folks who sign up willing to come pick up dead moose. Every time a moose gets hit they just call down the list until someone shows up to cart the moose away. Or you can send a tow truck to deliver the moose to your garage.

Also that list (if it exists) is entirely native peoples because they legally have the first right of refusal for all roadkill moose.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

I wish I had better access to public transportation.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo

https://i.imgur.com/XCkUM5i.mp4

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Also that list (if it exists) is entirely native peoples because they legally have the first right of refusal for all roadkill moose.

What no it isn't and yes it does exist. Your post could not be more wrong. Why would you just make a post like this up, on the internet of all places? I'm on the list and get one every year or two, and I'm as native as a floor lamp. I'd post a picture of a moose getting delivered on a tow truck if it didn't show my house.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Powershift posted:

Before I even clicked play I started humming Deja Vu

Was not disappointed at all

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

FirstnameLastname posted:

there's cranes that can climb big stepped structures in duos by lifting and leapfrogging each other up

iirc GM or someone made a 5x recursion towtruck stack (just for show, not functional) in like, the 60s, it sat like 4 stories tall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVCocSSIkRQ

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
That is a very large crane mobile.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Loxbourne posted:

There's a dummy of some form in the pilot's seat. I'm guessing the plan was for it to take off and hover in place dramatically, perhaps before being flown out the open hangar door. Was there a remote control system somehow?

I've gotta expect this violated a shitload of FAA regs even if it never left the hangar.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

The dolphins are whatever but to me the Osha is that this ship is absolutely smashing sound barriers next to a light house. That looks like 40 knots easy.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Powershift posted:

Braking effectiveness: no

Phanatic posted:

I've gotta expect this violated a shitload of FAA regs even if it never left the hangar.

As was said of Larry Walters,

“We know he broke some part of the Federal Aviation Act, and as soon as we decide which part it is, some type of charge will be filed.”

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Preoptopus posted:

The dolphins are whatever but to me the Osha is that this ship is absolutely smashing sound barriers next to a light house. That looks like 40 knots easy.

i suppose my lack of ship knowledge is showing because my brain cannot grasp the shape of that bow.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rnnwr7GTan1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rnklo0YEXE1vmay6q.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rnm04nGEqa1r0uzl6.mp4

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That was basically how I had to use the snowblower on Christmas Eve day because of the wind.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Don't care if this thing is unfeasible; it's cool as hell.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Stupid dolphin didn't read the book:

(there's a section early on that's basically "huge ships move fast. way faster than you, and way faster than it looks. stay the gently caress out of their way")

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct04Z3_V2UI

:pervert:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

A plow blow snow in he own path, a shameful plow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Born in Bedrock
Live in a cave
This Fred Flintsone truck is all I crave