Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I miss him

https://twitter.com/LATimesfarmer/status/1608486999446675458?t=NtKSUKSlNQZk6yTCzRTHEg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:same:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Tim Whatley posted:

I want Minshew Mania to sign as a starter somewhere

The Minshew sickos who for some reason think he's good and want him to be a starter (but most definitely not for their team) are highly annoying.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Now do cheating Tom Brady

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1608517355591671808?t=DRe-BjVFAKPhVWllMapOrQ&s=19

Malik really was that bad, huh

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

I feel like this is a fairly regular thing for TO and Chad Johnson is right

quote:

I can help anybody," the 43-year-old said in a TMZ Sports story Tuesday.

TMZ noted Owens was competing on Dancing With The Stars for the past several months but would have left had an NFL team reached out to him. Owens' comments take on a different tone than those of former teammate Chad Johnson—who told TMZ Sports he would "embarrass" himself if he tried to come back in 2017

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Why do the Titans not get the poo poo they deserve for whiffing on Willis? He's complete garbo........

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean he was playing pretty well last week until his brain died

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You haven't seen him play have you?

Yes, he is absolutely that bad. One of the worst quarterbacks I've ever seen play in the NFL. He's not a project QB, those at least show some promise in year one. He straight up does not belong.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 29, 2022

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

mcmagic posted:

Why do the Titans not get the poo poo they deserve for whiffing on Willis? He's complete garbo........

Didn't they spend a late third on him? That's not really a pick you give teams poo poo for loving up.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

The Minshew sickos who for some reason think he's good and want him to be a starter (but most definitely not for their team) are highly annoying.
He would be my preferred starter on the Jags of all available options if TLaw wasnt there.

mcmagic posted:

The Titans already fired their GM, what more do you want?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

mcmagic posted:

He’s a great QB. I would love to have him on a team I like.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

He was a late third, not a top 10 pick

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

a neat cape posted:

He was a late third, not a top 10 pick

Malik Willis is one of the best attempts at manufacturing consent for a QB in the draft I've ever seen. Like the dude played at loving LIBERTY which is almost a fake college and didnt even completely ball out and embarrass the competition he was playing with.

this Mock draft from late march from NFL.com has him going NUMBER 2!!!! overall (and kenny pickett #3 lmao and Matt Corral #6)

https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-qbs-malik-willis-kenny-pickett-go-top-three

I never got the first round hype but totally get spending a late third on the guy if you were the titans at the time (though after the AJ Brown trade it made less sense).

I am low key bummed that we dont get to see what he would look like against dallas and without Henry. It is pretty damning that they are going to start a guy who has been on the team for a literal week and has never started a game before.

Anyways I hope the titans lose. go jags!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/status/1608536003727482880?t=0lL0Vy60wrW8oP9WmsDtBA&s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Am I correct in assuming that this week doesn't matter at all for Titans/Jags and its next week that matters?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Am I correct in assuming that this week doesn't matter at all for Titans/Jags and its next week that matters?

Yeah that’s why the Titans are benching like their entire starting lineup tonight.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

a neat cape posted:

I think you're right

BUT ! if they both lose this week AFC south guaranteed to send an 8-9 team to the playoffs as its champ.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yup, they're both 7-8, Jags won the first meeting so have that tiebreaker, while Titans will have a better division record if they win.

Only thing that this weekend can change is what happens if they tie next weekend, so yeah, Titans resting everybody.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

49 year old TO is the platonic ideal of a Ravens wide reciever

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

sharknado slashfic posted:

49 year old TO is the platonic ideal of a Ravens wide reciever

Pair him with a 60-year old Jerry Rice and throw in a 54-year old Shannon Sharpe and you’ve got stew going.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
TO gonna come out of retirement and tweet while in the huddle.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm not gonna write off Malik yet, guy was always a project and he has basically nothing to work with since we're got few playmakers to pass catches (if only we had a stud WR to bail Malik out :v:) and one of the worst O-Lines in the league, plus an OC who thinks he's much smarter than he actually is. Even with Tannehill the highest score the Titans have had is 27 points, and a lot of our points come from scripted plays early in the game, key defensive and special teams plays, and Henry being Derrick loving Henry.

Guy's still raw as hell and isn't ready to start, but he's also in one of the worst possible situations for any rookie QB to succeed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1608547942553600002?t=cWZOjoxG4vtW-lvbdyz3MA&s=19

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

mcmagic posted:

he can come start for literally any team in the NFC South and be an improvement. I would welcome him on the Bucs

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1608547913893875713?s=46&t=9ahWw2AHNyNq0-fPopHXJQ

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I love our social media team lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

What even is this game tonight.....

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

The last TNF game!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

mcmagic posted:

You mean you’re not eagerly anticipating the game between (gently caress the) Cowboys and the Titans C-squad, led by quarterback Ryan Tannehill Malik Willis Vince Young Billy Volek Josh Dobbs?!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Do… do they know how this anime arc ends??

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

mcmagic posted:

A game between a team that's essentially locked in at the 5 seed and a team whose playoff chances aren't affected at all by this game.

So yeah, peak TNF.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bellmaker posted:

:goonsay:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

That’s literally the demo that is for

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

CELL BEATS GOKU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Goku quit which only describes the titans

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

CELL BEATS GOKU

But is killed by being teleported to the most remote hellhole imaginable before exploding. So clearly signaling a loss in Buffalo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

But is killed by being teleported to the most remote hellhole imaginable before exploding. So clearly signaling a loss in Buffalo.

....I'll take it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who is gohan in this analogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Who is gohan in this analogy

Trevor