Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Angepain posted:

The great threat to the middle class: A household earning 120k per year, over a decade, will get a mere £1,066,000 of their £1,200,000 income instead of £1,107,000. Both these people are in the top 10% of earners. The 33k earner (after some googling, an average of a median earner over 10 years including inflation) gets £4,040 less... over 10 years.
That could cover your Costco membership for a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Beating COVID-19: A victory to celebrate by Luo Jie

So we can expect a lot more "we definitely beat the virus! No plague outbreaks or riots here, no sir!" comics in the near future?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Knight:

Victoria's Legislative Council has a bunch of microparties in it.

Spooner:

The trade minister Don Farrell is tipped to visit China early next year. I don't know if there is a specific reason why he's gagged other than a general "don't upset China and spoil the deal" thing.

Lethbridge:

Australia reacts to ‘disgraceful’ Sir Donald Bradman ‘cancel’ storm (news.com.au) "Australian leaders have hit back at the “absolutely disgraceful” public backlash surrounding Sir Donald Bradman’s historical letter."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Xander77 posted:

So we can expect a lot more "we definitely beat the virus! No plague outbreaks or riots here, no sir!" comics in the near future?

Simultaneously, the US has just announced mandatory testing for travelers coming from China, to start Jan 5.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

We already have the Title 42 fight, and covid being simultaneously a minor threat that’s already over and also dangerous enough that we need to keep people out of the country.

Reality is only permitted when it justifies their racism.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There is some consistency there, in that they believe that morally dirty (to them) people carry disease. Contamination of the nation through racial impurity and contamination of the body by a virus are linked by the moral character they share.

It’s the same moral logic that led them all to think that they wouldn’t catch it, or that they would easily recover if they did: good people can’t be punished because they don’t deserve it, while people who are punished must have done something to deserve it.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

There is just so many lols in this one:

* Lazy rear end Gorrell
* lovely masking on the signature
* Clip art
* Laptop in a void
* A goddamn @aol.com email adress

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: “Regulated Capitalism”: a Fairy Tale

Ted Rall posted:

Capitalism is corrupt, but its defenders say it can be regulated to become less savage. History shows that the tendency of power and money to aggregate and be monopolized in fewer hands makes the dream of regulated capitalism impossible.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I've long been wondering when I'd start to turn into a Kreider grandpa with boomer takes, and if "boobs are cool" is one, I am okay with that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Careful now Throd, your Uncle Vladi might not like this one.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I've long been wondering when I'd start to turn into a Kreider grandpa with boomer takes, and if "boobs are cool" is one, I am okay with that.

Actually, boobs are hot.

The real reason is obviously that millennials aren't into objectifying women and the ask round lovely practices of the business based on boobs.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah, that's fair. No way they'd object to boobs as a whole.

ah well, maybe next time

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOBjS2kzL3w

quote:

And it hits me, it dawns on me -- I am surrounded by the very people that got America back into rear end. I'm talking about straight black men, the gays, of course, and thick women, God bless 'em, 'cause, see, when the Internet expanded all media into the limitless chaos that we know it to be today, the power of the straight-white-male gaze got diluted, and all of a sudden, all these long-forgotten voices could finally be heard, man, and they were screaming, "Butts! Come on! Butts are wonderful!"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on a new year for Ukraine – Russian forces are continuing their bombardment of the recently liberated city of Kherson, launching numerous strikes on Tuesday and Wednesday that hit targets including the maternity ward of a hospital"

Telegraph:

Times:

US to impose Covid curbs on travellers from China

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hasn’t Australia literally been on fire due to the warmer climate causing huge droughts?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The joke is on you if you seriously think anyone's objection to Hooters is "breasts are bad".

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I would like to order the buttery, crispy, wings without looking like a creep because I went to a sanitized Titty bar to do so.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I live near a bar that serves tremendously good wings, so the idea of going to a chain for them is strange and alien.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

HootTheOwl posted:

I would like to order the buttery, crispy, wings without looking like a creep because I went to a sanitized Titty bar to do so.
Correct, you got to the actual strip club like an adult.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Tibalt posted:

Correct, you got to the actual strip club like an adult.

They don't have the wings. I want the wings more than I want the breasts.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Hasn’t Australia literally been on fire due to the warmer climate causing huge droughts?

Well yeah.

That's why it's only in America. It even says so!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Broelman:

Australia win the second test cricket match and the series against South Africa.

Knight:

Victoria’s myki public transport card could be scrapped by end of 2023 (Guardian) with the treasurer acknowledging the current system "is not up to global standards".

Leak, Son of Leak:

Rio Tinto and partners could receive as much as $450m in government compensation for coal price cap (Guardian).

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I agree, it’s silly taxpayers have to pay this. Nationalize the coal industry

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well this one is just adorable :3: yeah, you watch those ants! Bugs are cool!

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Knight:

Victoria’s myki public transport card could be scrapped by end of 2023 (Guardian) with the treasurer acknowledging the current system "is not up to global standards".

My wish is they will take over tassie's bus payment system while they're at it, it's pretty dire it's basically "but what if myki sucked even more somehow". I mean I wish the states would just decide on 1 loving system but that's a pipe dream.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Finally, a Lub that I 100% agree with.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Trapezium Dave posted:

:brokenclock:

Rall occupies paper deserved by a better leftist.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Trapezium Dave posted:

Knight:

Surprisingly accurate albeit he is on the wrong side of the platform at Circular Quay, trains going from the Airport via the City Circle go counter clockwise and end up on the city side platform. If you are aiming to go somewhere else other than CBD/Quay, you should get off at Central - which would also get you on a train that goes clockwise around the City Circle and ends up on the Quay side of the station. It really is a fantastic view on that side with the harbour and the Opera House / Ferries / Bridge all on display

IF THE loving TRAINS ARE RUNNING AT ALL IN THIS loving CITY JFC they are unreliable as hell what with the unions and the state govt at each other's throats, lovely old and crumbling network outages, weather delays and just gently caress getting a train in Sydney. Melbourne trains and trams are far more reliable

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Every time I see "woke" in one of these it reminds me of this

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really feel bad for all the flight attendants and agents who have to deal with this shitstorm and all the fuckers like McCoy who think it's their fault.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fister Roboto posted:

I really feel bad for all the flight attendants and agents who have to deal with this shitstorm and all the fuckers like McCoy who think it's their fault.

I think that's just a reference to Southwest being famous for having flight attendants crack jokes during the preflight safety instructions.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Why give McCoy the benefit of the doubt?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fister Roboto posted:

Why give McCoy the benefit of the doubt?

If he was blaming the woman behind the desk she'd be drawn fatter and uglier and probably with rainbow hair.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

There is just so many lols in this one:

* Lazy rear end Gorrell
* lovely masking on the signature
* Clip art
* Laptop in a void
* A goddamn @aol.com email adress

I also like that he has the gall to use the word "art" in both the website name and his e-mail below each comic, it gives a sort of "Democratic Republic of North Korea" vibe to the whole thing.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Barrel Cactaur posted:

:brokenclock:

Rall occupies paper deserved by a better leftist.

OR like, just a leftist at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkmRbd1VfMs

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Brian Adcock on Rishi Sunak’s year ahead – Prime minister faces bruising 2023 as UK struggles with cost of living crisis and multiple strikes"

Telegraph:

Times:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

This is a Kelly

Dr. VooDoo posted:

As the fires were burning, facebook was telling us the powerful Greens party secretly prevented controlled burns, the paper was telling us there was more arson activity than usual, and the telly was telling us there have always been bushfires so nothing unusual was happening. The big fires were three years ago, anyway, well out of memory, and since then the radio's been telling us you can't cover baseload demand without a coal-fired 'baseload station'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

29/12
Gun violence by Cai Meng

30/12
Energy crisis by Cai Meng

Charlie Hebdo

The World says goodbye to Pelé
"Whenever you're ready Mr Macron."